Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

100,000 members

Saru

100,000 members is quite an achievement. Congratulations Saru...well done :)

"From above to the UM site: the Dove has landed". :rolleyes: Congrats Saru and all the UM staff, your site drew quite a crowd. Now the UM membership rolls is officially 6-digits...and welcome Dove1111! This calls for a celebration. :tsu::clap::tu: and call Domino's for 100,000 pizzas and 3-liter colas, we got a party going on in here in Saru's crib. :devil:

Edited by DeMikeDe

• 3 weeks later...

Without a doubt, one of the greatest achievements I've seen on any forum. Well managed, well blessed ...

Less than 15% of members have only posted once.

There's a bit of a misconception that it is necessary to post on the forums in order to be counted as a member, there are many reasons to register on the site that don't involve posting on the forums including the chat room and image gallery; not to mention the additional features and topic tracking options available - a registered user is still a part of the community regardless of how high their post count is.

Less than 15% of members have only posted once.

There's a bit of a misconception that it is necessary to post on the forums in order to be counted as a member, there are many reasons to register on the site that don't involve posting on the forums including the chat room and image gallery; not to mention the additional features and topic tracking options available - a registered user is still a part of the community regardless of how high their post count is.

If I may ask, what % were members for advertising purposes only. You have a team of moderators to keep the site clean. That makes it nice for members interested in topics for discussion.

Thanks,

John

Only a very small number of the overall total are spam users, a fraction of a percent.

To Saru and all the staff and to every member from the ones there from the start to our newest member... CONGRATS!

People might come and go due to life's circumstances and I know I don't post as much as I did years ago but I do try to come here a couple of times a week even if it is just to read a thread I've been following. :innocent: Still the naughty angel though lol.

• 2 weeks later...

100,998 members as of December 26, 2011 in 4:43PM PST.

We need two or 3 more, and another 100 makes the membership list 101,101 which will take another month to make it there: "UM.com 101" reminds me of a radio station logo.

• 1 month later...

That's a lot of members. Funny because I only joined about ten seconds ago. In fact this is my first post. I'm a noob:)

Welcome to UM Nerevarine :st

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just glad we have a place to come to read about the unexplained and keep a level head about it ! Unexplained Mysteries is the best its not even close :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

And we'll all sing together,All round the mountainside,and amongst the blooming heather...100,000 here we come...

Unfortunately, it's not really 100,000 members, because I have over 98,000 alts!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well what ever number it maybe , i'm just glad to be a part of it. Because everyone in hear so far have been great so far. :yes:

Well what ever number it maybe , i'm just glad to be a part of it. Because everyone in hear so far have been great so far. :yes:

The current member total is -

B)

B)

If we started paying Dues we'd be minted!

:whistle:

B)

Have you checked how many of that 105,254 have posted in the last 5 years? Or indeed, at all?

Have you checked how many of that 105,254 have posted in the last 5 years? Or indeed, at all?

I did not post for a number of years but I came to read. I think non-posting members like the user friendly quick updates on new things that interest them that led them to become members in the first place.

We also probably have a lot of alien, ghostly and cryptoid members who like to lurk rather than discuss.

UM is ideal website for spooks to keep up to date with the latest gossip etc.

:)

(real spooks, not those CIA clowns)

Posting on the forums is not a requirement of membership.

I did not post for a number of years but I came to read. I think non-posting members like the user friendly quick updates on new things that interest them that led them to become members in the first place.

Exactly! A lot of members like to read rather than post.

• 4 months later...

There are so many people I have noticed who simply read and do not sign up until they really feel like they want to make a comment/post. The real community is bigger than you think.

• Like 2