Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why haven't we found aliens yet?

Still Waters

If they were really aliens, could we even ascribe human motivations to them? Would they have any sense of connection are attachment to earth? Or maybe there's something here they want? But what would we have here that they'd want?

Maybe they aren't aliens at all, but a future us. Historians.

Just a theory.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paxus

• booNyzarC

• psyche101

• Universal Sight

It would seem that some people still haven't read the Ra Material. Asking questions like this implies a great deal of ignorance. Although not part of the Ra Material, this: http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2008/2008_0315.aspx might give some of the people asking such questions some insight. Enjoy.

Same ole same ole. :rolleyes:

Personlly, I think it's as simple as ET is just really, really, really (and I mean really) far away. :yes:

One of two conclusions are highly likely, either ...

1) We are alone in the universe, or ...

2) We will never make contact

There is really no meaningful evidence the earth has ever been visited by biology from another planet. If they had in the past the most likely scenario would have been a species that would have dominated our biosphere for its own benefit. That is exactly what biological entities do. Same dynamic as occurs on earth when a new species finds a new habitat.

Space is not the "final frontier". The universe outside our thin slice of ecosphere is so enormous and so inhospitable to biology that if life evolves anywhere it remains totally isolated. That is the cold stark truth we have learned in the last century.

Personally my feeling is that we are actually alone, biologically, in the universe, and yes I'm very much aware of the enormity of the universe.

The reason we have not found any aliens? Because they are really good at hiding!!

No, just fun there. What makes anyone think They are the aliens? Maybe WE are! Besides, I think we have already been in contact with them but the government isn't going to admit to that! :alien:

Rocketgirl B)

In my opinion, alien life exists and they have already visited us and keep visiting us. There is a lot of evidence, but people just dont care. People are too busy with their daily life and their own problems and stuff that something like this subject (alien life) isnt worth their time.

I get the feeling that first contact will result in us being the aliens dropping in on some unsuspecting group. We fantasize about it happening to us so much that we will more or less become that very image.

The fact of the matter is, we've only looked at about 1,000 stars with SETI so far. That should answer all these questions right there. In 50 more years, we will have looked at millions of stars. By then, we should have heard at least one intelligent species.

Radio tech is outdated now. Imagine the frustration's we've encountered with SETI. Aliens would have no doubt, given up at some point, during their search. Just as we might. Radio tech is primative compared to what we will use later and use even now.

Another thing to consider is, these radio waves have to be coming toward our direction for us to hear them. Something we consider to be intelligent might be different for an other species.

We look for repeating patterns, etc. Perhaps they've already sent their patterns and now they've given up.

I respect SETI's gusto, I just feel bad for the people that help pay their bills.

Maybe we haven't heard from any yet because they are far more intelligent than we are and they realized that they might be inviting disaster by drawing attention to themselves.

I think that we aren't ready. We say we are, and We make movies about them. But, When they are revealed, you're always going to have those sheltered people that wont know how to process it all. Then you get chaos from that, and so on...especially from your religous extremist types.

Can you imagine small town Betty Sue who goes to church every Sunday and Wednesday having the revelation revealed to her that aliens are here and the proof in her face. Ironically, she might even become dangerous to herself or others. lol

Maybe they aren't aliens at all, but a future us. Historians.

Just a theory.

i like to think that they could be 'us' too.

arrrrr davy jones' locker they be! :santa:

Technology. If you don't want to be seen, you won't be seen. Of course, accidents happen.

I agree, that superior advanced technology, way beyond human comprehension keeps them around us but they are not revealed to us. Slowly but surely though, as mankind advances they may reveal themselves to us a little more, and eventually if they think we are ready they will make full contact and show us the secrets of the Universe. However, we are a war-like and destructive race of beings and if they've been watching us the whole time and their benevolent, they probably are shaking their heads and who knows, they may even have to step in suddenly in the near future before we blow ourselves up, or before we ruin our atmosphere, or they may just let us perish in our own destruction.

Why haven't we found aliens yet?

If "we" means every single person on Earth, then it's because the game of telephone sucks. You can't catch "them" and "they" found us. "They" have evolved so well "they" are one with all of our known forces. Oh, and that is just talking about "ET's" that live and evolved in space, not on an earth-like planet. And maybe, just maybe, "they" are hiding in the Main Belt:

InnerSolarSystem-en.png

If we are talking about "human-aliens", then it's what everyone else has mentioned. I frankly think everyone is confusing "E.T." with "E.T." :lol:.

Radio tech is outdated now. Imagine the frustration's we've encountered with SETI. Aliens would have no doubt, given up at some point, during their search. Just as we might. Radio tech is primative compared to what we will use later and use even now.

What's happening now on Earth is that we're switching to digital forms of radio. Many forms of digital transmission look like random noise because the transmission levels are intentionally randomized. It maximizes bandwidth efficiency and reduces interference to neighboring transmissions. If aliens received an ATSC signal from a U.S. television station, they might assume that it was a natural source because they'd find no simple repeatable pattern.

It's possible that more advanced civilizations have already completely switched to radio systems that look like random noise and we missed receiving their less efficient analog era radio transmissions.

this has nothing to do with aliens just a question for athiests they say all mammals are related what's preventing them from all being bipedial?

Oh the aliens are here, we just forgot to open our eyes and take a good look at them.

Interdimensional

huh? we forgot to open our eyes? like we were going to, but then forgot??

and where are they that we could take a good look at them, (once we remembered to open our eyes, that is)?

The BBC is bemused why we haven't heard anything, 50 years after the first radio telescope was pointed at the stars? Since radio waves travel, as far as I know, at the Speed of Light, that means that we've only been able so far to pick up things up to 50 light years distance, doesn't it? Well, how far is 50 light years? As Douglas Adams would tell you, that's peanuts in galactical terms. Besides, they (the usual hypothetical They :unsure2: ) could well use some other method of communication altogether, or some completely different range of frequencies. Or they might use hyperspace or wormholes or inter-dimensional portholes or all sorts of things that we don't know about.

Okay, okay, we'll just write that one off as a figure of speech.

Meaning that an alien race may already be right in front of us, and we wouldn't actually know if we were looking at one or not.

I theorize, that since they could be, or are more advanced than we are, then they have the ability to appear as they wish.

I don't really mean they look human, they could even appear as anything like animal, and such.

From now on I will write out my thoughts instead of using a figure of speech.

I've read a little about SETI and the theories on why they haven't heard a real alien signal, ot at least not one that repeats. Maybe the aliens aren't using radio, for example, or maybe the signals are not strong enough to reach us, or they couldn't hear them unless they were very strong signals beamed directly at us.

Others who follow SETI more closely might have ideas on that. In spite of its limitations, it has picked up some interesting "candidate signals" from time to time, hasn't it?

I've heard that a signal would have to be really, really strong, and aimed specifically at us, (or going the other way, aimed at a specific target) to have any chance of being discernible. Just randomly propagated radio waves like from radio or TV would just spread out so that they'dd be indecipherable very soon, which is what Carl Sagan got wrong in Contact.

The BBC is bemused why we haven't heard anything, 50 years after the first radio telescope was pointed at the stars? Since radio waves travel, as far as I know, at the Speed of Light, that means that we've only been able so far to pick up things up to 50 light years distance, doesn't it?

Not quite 747400, when you point a telescope at something say 50 light years distant it just means you are looking at it as it was 50 years ago.