Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why haven't we found aliens yet?

Still Waters

Thats Why we havent Found E.T yet ! THey all Got entangled in the Deep reaches of THe Deepest Space ,Really Deep Stuff ! And Really far away ! Like past the Big bowl that Holds our known Universe in!

Maybe outside the Fridge that our Bowl is in? ANd Down the street from there a Bit! And for God`s sakie dont Forget your Tin Foil hat ! Mines` Blue ! :rolleyes:

hey where did you get the colored tinfoil??

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paxus

• booNyzarC

• psyche101

• Universal Sight

Thanks Mentalcase, there was no way I was going to waste my time explaining how math can be used as a base expression of the world around us.

If we are alone, seems like an awful waste of space :P

There is an awful lot of space. Plenty to waste some.

Edited by psyche101

It would seem that some people still haven't read the Ra Material. Asking questions like this implies a great deal of ignorance. Although not part of the Ra Material, this: http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2008/2008_0315.aspx might give some of the people asking such questions some insight. Enjoy.

That link implies a great deal of ignorance with a healthy dose of imagination.

That link implies a great deal of ignorance with a healthy dose of imagination.

One would think that after reading this comment of yours I would come to the conclusion that I would probably agree and save myself the pain of clicking on the link. That was my gut instinct. But did I follow such a wise path as my instinct suggested? No, I clicked on the link and read a portion... :wacko:

Zoiks... They even reference Billy Meier... :wacko:

You are far more polite than I.

Anyone who believes the tosh on the other end of that link seriously needs psychiatric help.

really? (To both of these). these are exactly the kind of things that I talk about when I say how arrogant people sometimes seem, who claim that what we know now is all that there is to know, and there is nothing else beyond what we already know. Frankly, i'm afraid, that seems nonsense to me. We found out how to use radio communication in the 19th century, and in historical terms that doesn't even resgister on the scale. But, we are now absolutely certain, that is the only way there is to do it, and there are no others?

And those who do not accept this unquestioningly, oh, i'm afraid they're just living in a Star trek fantasy world. How incredibly patronising.

Considering that communications are a development constantly in the process of being replaced with different carriers and mediums, I would have to agree with you here. We have moved from electrical pulses to digital 3D TV in a hundred or so years, and this branch of development shows no signs of abating, if anything it appears to be gaining momentum. We are only in our infancy with regards to light communications and I feel there is much room for development here. We are a long way even from any perceived boundaries this particular vein of research.

One would think that after reading this comment of yours I would come to the conclusion that I would probably agree and save myself the pain of clicking on the link. That was my gut instinct. But did I follow such a wise path as my instinct suggested? No, I clicked on the link and read a portion... :wacko:

Zoiks... They even reference Billy Meier... :wacko:

You are far more polite than I.

Anyone who believes the tosh on the other end of that link seriously needs psychiatric help.

I have had a wonderful weekend, my stepdaughter brought a new life into the world and all is warm and fuzzy in the house of Psyche. Yep, quite mellow this morning :)

Does not take long on that page, I had quite a chuckle in the first couple lines when I read

For example, during the Manhattan Project, information from positive extraterrestrial sources was given concerning nuclear energy that’s very specific.

This is where my gut instinct kicked in. It said

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:D

:rofl:

:tu:

I have had a wonderful weekend, my stepdaughter brought a new life into the world and all is warm and fuzzy in the house of Psyche. Yep, quite mellow this morning :)

Congrats on the new addition psyche! :tu:

Cigar_from_nicaragua.jpg

That's great news psyche. :tu:

Is there a name for the little crumb-snatcher yet?

Congratulations, my friend!! :-)

Does not take long on that page, I had quite a chuckle in the first couple lines when I read

I read the first two lines and that essentially did it.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

Hey Lily,

The problem with this line of thinking is that it is a very 'human' line of thinking.

You're taking the perspective of what is relatively a 'baby' race.

If you realise that in a universe this old, there must be many races who have achieved 'high technology' thus distances that we consider 'really, really, really, far away', to them, simply are not (far away).

Hi Paxus

How have you been? Hope you don't mind, I find the above slightly puzzling, and thought it's a good day to say gidday to Paxus :D

Out Universe is 13 1/2 billion years old. Earth spent a fair bit of that time coalescing. About 4 1/2 billion years. Yeah, that leaves a lot - 9 billion years, but perhaps not so much when one considers that during that 9 billion years the big bang had to spread an awful lot of "stuff" around and then create these systems we gaze in wonder at today. Although we have some ancient planets, one even at 10 billion years old, it is massive, and the type of system required to start the spark of life just did not exist whilst these proto-types were being formed. Which is eating away at that celestial clock. The considering the Universe may well have a "Goldilocks zone", which to me make sense as the medium we exist in had to be created, and it has to have a start and a finish, meaning the bit in the middle should be "just right" which again drops the odds.

Then consider life on earth.

We are incredibly lucky to be here and now due to "The Big Five". Extinction events that near wiped out life on earth, most notably, our ancestors.

Imagine of that big rock did not slam into South America. Would Dinosaurs still rule today? How would we have outcompeted them?

Then we managed to outcompete other hominids to get to this point.

All those odds have to be applied to those many planets out there, and we are only assuming we understand which ones might be in habitable zones. Just looking up and seeing billions of stars does not mean even 1% of what you can see can support life. It is an impressive sight, but I feel somewhat misinterpreted.

And then if I may mention the Orion Project once again. We were ready to leave for the stars in the 1960's, so advanced is not by any means a requirement either. If the rest if the Universe is in as much turmoil as we are, and I see no reason to suspect otherwise? Why would intelligent life not be rare and precious as opposed to abundant?

Remember that the early Universe did not look like this

universe.jpg

it looked like this

map.gif

And distance is a problem that will not simply be "over come with time" of that I am quite positive.

Even is there was a civilisation that is say 1 million years ahead of us, quite a kick start, should the be on the other side of the universe, there is no possible way we will ever meet. The Universe is 156 billion light years wide and such distance will not be overcome by speed, no matter how much of it that you have, or how smart or old you are.

I think the only thing we do know is that nobody is in out neighbourhood and that everything else is a really long way away and you do not have to be human to pick up on that. So I would not call it "human thinking" but "The Current Status Quo".

Cheers

Psyche101.

Congratulations, my friend!! :-)

I read the first two lines and that essentially did it.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Thank you very much my friend. It has been a joyous occasion. :D

Yes, the first 2 lines are pretty much enough to tell that entire story! LOL.

Cheers.

Congrats on the new addition psyche! :tu:

Cigar_from_nicaragua.jpg

Many thanks, I do enjoy a good cigar although my wife will send me down the paddock with it! :D

hey where did you get the colored tinfoil??

It was from Roswell ,The Crash 1947 Im a real collector of oldies but Goodies! :rolleyes:

post-68971-0-60738800-1292802913_thumb.j

That's great news psyche. :tu:

Is there a name for the little crumb-snatcher yet?

Thanks mate, it sure is awesome, he is to be called Tobias. He will get Toby a lot I suspect - like Astro Boy. This ones destined for the stars!

Cool beans, psyche!

Thanks mate, it has sure been a tired weekend, but a great one indeed!

Thanks mate, it sure is awesome, he is to be called Tobias. He will get Toby a lot I suspect - like Astro Boy. This ones destined for the stars!

Thanks mate, it has sure been a tired weekend, but a great one indeed!

You have a Great Christmas psyche101 ! Get your Aussie AR*** to Texas !! We Gotz Lotz of E.T`s

post-68971-0-03103700-1292803234_thumb.j

You have a Great Christmas psyche101 ! Get your Aussie AR*** to Texas !! We Gotz Lotz of E.T`s

Thank you mate, and you and your family too, hope it is the best!

I am working on getting there. Before I leave this earth one of my goals in life is to sample a Big D BBQ!

Edited by psyche101

I think the only thing we do know is that nobody is in out neighbourhood and that everything else is a really long way away and you do not have to be human to pick up on that. So I would not call it "human thinking" but "The Current Status Quo".

Cheers

Psyche101.

Good post psyche. I absolutely agree that there are many hurdles, pitfalls and dead ends on the road to higher intelligence. I can't imagine that it would be ever so abundant that there would be civilizations sprouting on every other rock out there. From our own evolutionary history there has only been one out of billions of species that has had the ability to look at the stars and attempt to go there.

BTW Tobias is a great name, liberally hand out the congratz to the mother from all of us. :tu:

Edited by Slave2Fate

Hi Paxus

How have you been? Hope you don't mind, I find the above slightly puzzling, and thought it's a good day to say gidday to Paxus :D

*waves* Heya psyche101!

Good thanks!

You?

<snip> Extinction events that near wiped out life on earth, most notably, our ancestors.

Imagine of that big rock did not slam into South America. Would Dinosaurs still rule today? How would we have outcompeted them?

We wouldn't - In fact this is why I find the notion of 'reptoids' interesting - if life evolved on other planets in a similar way as it did here and their dinasours didn't get wiped out, they would have evolved into the dominant bipedal humanoids on their world!

And distance is a problem that will not simply be "over come with time" of that I am quite positive.

How can you be?!

People once said the same thing about lighter than air aircrft flying or breaking the sound barrier....

I am 100% certain that advanced races (even us one day) do/will overcome the problem of vast distances with either FTL travel or a way to short-cut/ get around it. (bending space, using wormholes, artifical 'portals'.... who knows what)

Edited by Paxus

Good post psyche. I absolutely agree that there are many hurdles, pitfalls and dead ends on the road to higher intelligence. I can't imagine that it would be ever so abundant that there would be civilizations sprouting on every other rock out there. From our own evolutionary history there has only been one out of billions of species that has had the ability to look at the stars and attempt to go there.

Although we only have a pool of one to work with, it seems prudent to use it as at least a basic model, if we are looking for "earth like planets" surly we may find some "earth like species" who have also been lucky to overcome such hurdles, should such exist.

BTW Tobias is a great name, liberally hand out the congratz to the mother from all of us. :tu:

I am quite taken with it too. I think "Toby" is going to stick well. My kids are big Astro Boy fans, so he will be legendary immediately :D

....I am 100% certain that advanced races (even us one day) do/will overcome the problem of vast distances with either FTL travel or a way to short-cut/ get around it. (bending space, using wormholes, artifical 'portals'.... who knows what)

Somebody (maybe even us) may someday be able to "get around" the distance problem. However, the vast distances in the universe will still remain. Any such "getting around" will most likely involve vast expenditures of energy and resources. Perhaps any advanced ETs *out there* have destinations other than our obscure location ear marked for utilizing their energies? It would explain why we've yet to have a visit from them.

--

We wouldn't - In fact this is why I find the notion of 'reptoids' interesting - if life evolved on other planets in a similar way as it did here and their dinasours didn't get wiped out, they would have evolved into the dominant bipedal humanoids on their world!

I'm not sure where this idea stems from to be honest. The dinosaurs were here for over 150 million years before being wiped out (presumably) by a huge asteroid impact. We haven't uncovered any evidence of technological advancement on their part. We, on the other hand, have only been on the planet for 50k to 200k years and look how far we've come in such a relatively short amount of time?

I don't rule out the chance that some kind of technologically advanced reptilian race may be possible, but certainly the dinosaurs are a bad comparison to make in this regard. ;)

How can you be?!

People once said the same thing about lighter than air aircrft flying or breaking the sound barrier....

This, however, I agree with. We don't know what we don't know... but we might yet discover it in the future. :)

I am 100% certain that advanced races (even us one day) do/will overcome the problem of vast distances with either FTL travel or a way to short-cut/ get around it. (bending space, using wormholes, artifical 'portals'.... who knows what)

I'd probably take a more moderate approach in this assumption... 100% is just too wishful in my mind. Assuming we don't destroy ourselves or get wiped out by some kind of unforeseeable cosmic disaster, I'd have to jump in closer to 90% probability that we might develop such technologies. But I do admire your positive outlook! :tu:

Somebody (maybe even us) may someday be able to "get around" the distance problem. However, the vast distances in the universe will still remain. Any such "getting around" will most likely involve vast expenditures of energy and resources. Perhaps any advanced ETs *out there* have destinations other than our obscure location ear marked for utilizing their energies? It would explain why we've yet to have a visit from them.

Surely there are more interesting places to visit than us. If you've been around the block a few times, as space faring aliens presumably have, then a little out of the way planet might not hold much significance, signs of intelligence here or not.

No Lily, to an advanced race energy and resources are nothing.

They would be able to accumulate either in as much quantity as they desire