Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clues to Amelia Earhart's disappearance?

Persia

NORMAN, Okla. – The three bone fragments turned up on a deserted South Pacific island that lay along the course Amelia Earhart was following when she vanished. Nearby were several tantalizing artifacts: some old makeup, some glass bottles and shells that had been cut open.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101218/ap_on_re_us/us_search_for_amelia

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Persia

• Keel M.

• Heroic Bishop

• d e v i c e

If it's her bones she must've ditched then swam to the island 'cos theirs no mention of wreckage. So the bones are probably not hers god bless her.

Maybe she never crashed...maybe she just wanted to disappear, start a new life...I've never seen anyone mention this theory

Maybe she never crashed...maybe she just wanted to disappear, start a new life...I've never seen anyone mention this theory

No, this theory was mentioned on the Discovery channel on a show based on Amelia Earhart, they even compared her to some other women at that time suggesting her to be Amelia Earhart.

I have seen this before in the news over the years. This same site keeps showing up in history because of the items they have found that are from around the same time in history. The problem is someone was stranded there at some point in the past. The window and aluminum sheet they think came from her plane. Where is the rest of the plane if this is the case? It must still be there under water some where or in the sand. The other items seem a bit out of place for it to be anyone else. If it's not her resting place then someone else made it work for a short time.

I heard this theory in the TV Show "In search of".

Thanks for sharing Pers, this is one of my favorite mystery. :tu:

. Where is the rest of the plane if this is the case? It must still be there under water some where or in the sand.

The shelf surrounding the island is 1000-2000 feet deep. Making it difficult to find a submerged and very old aircraft. I believe they want to begin the that search.

Nice little retirement island. Except that you would have to live on coconuts.

That theory has too many holes in it. She was making this flight in part for the attention.

it is definitely tantalising evidence, but being such a potentially huge discovery, I just hope this isn't a case of trying to make the evidence fit the circumstances of the disappearance.

It definitely does seem to be worth further investigation, and has a strong possibility of being ligitimate, but all that will do is tell us where she spent her final days, the crash and the interim period would still remain a mystery...