Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird animal?

needinghelp

I still believe it's real, maybe her dad was threatened by government agents or MIBs and so decided to play it off as a hoax. I dunno, I wanted this to be true SO badly :cry:

Trust me , I did also....When i could not help her get the pictures up through PM's , she had me call on the phone.We had a long talk , and she was 100% sincere , and the great thing is , she had never heard of Mothman , or any " cryptid " things.She was just hoping someone would recognise what kind of animal it was.....

Now mind you , we are on the phone this entire time , she is explaining how it looks , and the video of it , and I am thinking " uhm , over-exagerating a bit " , she is also explaining the damage done to her fathers car port ( yes , he damaged his car port for the hoax )....

Now , she says " ok I think they sent "....I open email , and I see the first picture.....My first words to her were " this is fake "....She did not get defensive , we discussed more about her dad , and property , and security cameras , and how no one around , her dad knows nothing about computers , etc.....So , I am hearing this , not reading it , getting these pictures , and knowing there is video.....

I have to say I than said " ok , this is fake , or you are going to be very famous "....I did start to wonder about this , got me going.Just a little :)

The rest is History , I posted them....She called her dad to let him know she has help to figure out what it is , her dad spills the beans , she felt like a idiot ( should not have ) , and she called me right away.She posted what happened , and now it is history....

For a bit there , considering I actually talked to her on the phone , I started thinking about all of the " believers " saying " I told you so " , and wondered how I would reply....That thought did cross my mind.....

I do want to say , right when I posted them , I was a on a frantic search of Mothman and Gargoyle movies to find where these pics came from....Thing is , I was boggled on how someone could get on his property , and change out SD cards on his security cameras , and not be noticed....I did not think about the obvious.....

Was a learning experience , and was fun , and I am glad she came here for help , because she got help , and she was relieved to find the answer.....Who knows how long her Dad would have messed with her....Mind you , she is not a little girl , she is married with children , so this was effecting her about visiting there , and her dads safety.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• fatbadger2

• quillius

• needinghelp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I first saw it I thought it came from an old movie. I'm not an expert in photos like some here, but that was my feeling. After the one poster said Gargoyles, I thought that was right. You're sure it didn't come from that movie?

When I first saw it I thought it came from an old movie. I'm not an expert in photos like some here, but that was my feeling. After the one poster said Gargoyles, I thought that was right. You're sure it didn't come from that movie?

No idea what movie it came from , once she found out her dad was messing with her , it ended.Needless to say , she was not happy about it , so it ended there....Unless someone finds a picture like it , from a movie , we will never know...

That is the only mystery left is what movie is it from....It could have been from a TV movie or show also , maybe on the scifi channel?...No way to know.

To be honest , I am not going to look , I really have no interest in it now.Just when I see a reply here , I do feel obligated to answer if I can.

Photobucket.com, register and upload.

Or you can email the pic to me and I'll upload it.

Heck, I would think sending them to Picasa of Flickr and adding a link would work too...

Heck, I would think sending them to Picasa of Flickr and adding a link would work too...

Not sure what you are getting at?

She could not get the picture to scan , it was only scanning half of it , she needed " phone technical support ".

I wonder if he had a whole backstory made up for the thing? And what about the story of the thing taking the neighbors' pig? What was he going to do if needinghelp went and checked with them? How far can ya string a story like that?

needinghelp didn't make the connection that they had been eating pork all week... :rofl:

Thank god(or goodness) that got debunked, I already look behind me every 3 or so seconds (It's actually become a habit...)

2 more pics.....

post-92206-0-13435300-1293050857_thumb.j

post-92206-0-90057300-1293050863_thumb.j

Okay - I am going to operate under the assumption you are not pulling anyones legs and are honest here.

This does not look like anything I recognize at first glance... at first it looked like a bird that was carrying some sort of dead animal. Then I looked at the other pictures and it's obviously not that. It looks almost like a cartoon demon or something...

How big is it? Have you seen it since? It seems to be out during the day which kind of screws up some theories... I don't know what to make of it. But if you are telling the truth, I'd be worried too!

Okay - I am going to operate under the assumption you are not pulling anyones legs and are honest here.

This does not look like anything I recognize at first glance... at first it looked like a bird that was carrying some sort of dead animal. Then I looked at the other pictures and it's obviously not that. It looks almost like a cartoon demon or something...

How big is it? Have you seen it since? It seems to be out during the day which kind of screws up some theories... I don't know what to make of it. But if you are telling the truth, I'd be worried too!

Hi Wookietim, are you joking or just havent read the whole thread? :rofl:

Hi Wookietim, are you joking or just havent read the whole thread? :rofl:

Didn't read the whole thread... Was it a hoax?

Oh God , not again :angry:

Please take the time to read the thread....Don't ask someone to repeat the answers again...

tut tut tut.... :lol:

post ~25 by Sakari explains:

I am not sure the OP will be back so i will explain....

As I said , the OP was very sincere and confused about the entire thing on the phone.Her father went as far as to actually destroy some property ( dents on car port , etc. ) to pull her leg.....

She called me earlier to apologize , I told her no need to....She called her dad to let him know that she posted this , and people will be helping to find out what it is ( fake , kids , real , etc?)...He laughed at her and fessed up , he made the pics and video form a movie , and showed them to her to look as if they were on the security cameras....Pretty good hoaxer.She is pretty upset about posting this now , and as said , no need to be that way.I am glad we had a sincere honest person come here to find answers , and she found them herself ,and had the courtesy to let us know......

Anyway , was a Hoax to the OP , from a joke playing father

No harm , no foul !!!

hope that helps!

Sakari, do you reckon this thread will get to 20 pages with guesses? like the other one :P

tut tut tut.... :lol:

post ~25 by Sakari explains:

I am not sure the OP will be back so i will explain....

As I said , the OP was very sincere and confused about the entire thing on the phone.Her father went as far as to actually destroy some property ( dents on car port , etc. ) to pull her leg.....

She called me earlier to apologize , I told her no need to....She called her dad to let him know that she posted this , and people will be helping to find out what it is ( fake , kids , real , etc?)...He laughed at her and fessed up , he made the pics and video form a movie , and showed them to her to look as if they were on the security cameras....Pretty good hoaxer.She is pretty upset about posting this now , and as said , no need to be that way.I am glad we had a sincere honest person come here to find answers , and she found them herself ,and had the courtesy to let us know......

Anyway , was a Hoax to the OP , from a joke playing father

No harm , no foul !!!

hope that helps!

Sakari, do you reckon this thread will get to 20 pages with guesses? like the other one :P

You know it ! :yes:

There are some online reverse picture sites like http://www.tineye.com for locating pics online.

Ran these through it with no hits yet.

Maybe some others would run some searches.

The only other places I have seen images like these are some 3D models I have played with.

Ok,

This is the closest model I can find on the fly,

With a little more modeling and texture editing and swapping background effect, can get a little closer to the images.

post-97335-0-43414000-1294255115_thumb.j

post-97335-0-01065300-1294254321_thumb.j

Edited by Talion

Ok,

This is the closest model I can find on the fly,

With a little more modeling and texture editing and swapping background effect, can get a little closer to the images.

post-97335-0-43414000-1294255115_thumb.j

post-97335-0-01065300-1294254321_thumb.j

hmm....the original was a very good hoax for an old man....makes me think well....maybe... just maybe....its real and he was protecting the something by authorities and media should they find out.... ;)

I have photos of a winged animal that was taken with my dad's camera on the outside of his house. It looks pretty weird to me and i don't even know if it's real or if someone is playing a joke on him or what, but he also has video and sound of this thing. It looks pretty creppy to me and he lives alone and his health is not very well, so i would like to find out if this thing is real or not. It's all black with a tail, two arms with what looks like really long fingers, two things that i'm guessing are the feet and huge wings. The wings almost look like some kind of bat wings. I wish i knew how to use my computer better then i would post the pic now, but must get my husband to post the pic for me tomorrow. I would like ANY real advice on maybe where i could take these photos to get looked at. I already tried the wildlife department and they took copies and told me to try to find a cryptozooligst,sorry bout the spelling lol.So any ideas? Will post pic tomorrow and yes i have a few more pics but my dad has a ton of pics of this thing.Thank you for your time :)

And where did you see this giant bird anyway ?

Ok , this is the sign 2012 is real , and needs to happen....I can not take it anymore , I really can't......

Isn't Reading Skills still taught in School , at least the last 15 years?....

Going to go load my gun.....

Ok , this is the sign 2012 is real , and needs to happen....I can not take it anymore , I really can't......

:lol::D:lol:

So much time spent explaining what happened yesterday that we miss today!

Think we should re open The solved stamp discussion...really.

agreed :yes:

I wish......

I don't get it.

I am guessing people just go to the topic , first page only....Maybe look at pictures further down.....

I will be nice and try to think maybe some people do not see the little squares below that show the other pages?

Either way , it is rather annoying......I am having a great time with it on the bird kill topic also.....And others as well...

This type is the worst though , because it IS solved , 100% .......

Maybe UM should be members only , and have a instruction sheet that must be read before getting invited in.And by read , I mean read it , and have questions pertaining to it that must be answered ( correctly ) before membership approved.....

Just a thought :)

Sort of. She was being honest buther dad was pulling her leg.

She was working with Sakari (and me, to a lesser extent.) to get the pics scanned and posted.

Whoops! Thread got away from me a little. ^^;

Edited by ShadowSot

Sort of. She was being honest buther dad was pulling her leg.

She was working with Sakari (and me, to a lesser extent.) to get the pics scanned and posted.

Whoops! Thread got away from me a little. ^^;

Your too nice Shadow :)

I used to come back and re-explain threads that have been answered , I just can't do it anymore :)