Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

paranormal or cryptid investigator

cryptidinvestigator

ive always thought oof getting the right equipment getting the right guys and just getting out there to hunt monsters and investigate ghost sightings i was just wondring if anyone ever thought the same thing or has any tips or first steps to becoming one...

Everybody think they have what it take to go Monster hunting or ghost Hunting these days.

Tv SHows make it look sooo easy ^^, :-D

ive always thought oof getting the right equipment getting the right guys and just getting out there to hunt monsters and investigate ghost sightings i was just wondring if anyone ever thought the same thing or has any tips or first steps to becoming one...

You'd never catch anything and just wind up frustrated and out a lot of time you'll never get back.

Everybody think they have what it take to go Monster hunting or ghost Hunting these days.

ive gone ghost hunting already and i guarantee i know more bout THAT ONE thn you do but the cryptids im not so sure about

ive gone ghost hunting already and i guarantee i know more bout THAT ONE thn you do but the cryptids im not so sure about

All your bases are belong to us. :alien:

Yeah, like you know me...

I was not talking about YOU, I didn't even quoted what you said. I was just stating a fact that these days everybody wants to go Ghost Hunting, Monster hunting etc. And yes,TV Shows like Ghost Hunters make it look so much more easier than it really is, another fact. But hey if you want to have fun then just go with your friends and do it, I have done it many times.

Edited by JonathanVonErich

Let me just point out quickly, that being a "cryptid hunter" is a hunt based on chasing something which probably doesn't exist. In essence, you are chasing staunch belief. Belief alone fuels your agenda and keeps you motivated to continue and carry on, in the absence of any tangible evidence.

Tell me then, what is the difference between that and religion?

Every time I read a new topic , or see another " Paranormal " TV show I think about it.....Thing is , the way I would go about it would make sense , and would not get the " glorified " reaction that those TV " ratings " need....

I could give you 100 things being done wrong....( probably on purpose )

Just one....Trail Cameras.....Leaving them for just 1 or 2 nights....What a joke , go disturb a area , leave your scent everywhere , make noise , check it every 3 hours.....Anyone see anything wrong with this picture?....Trail Cameras can be purchased with satelite feeds so you can check the pictures via computer....These cameras can be left out for months.....

Every time I read a new topic , or see another " Paranormal " TV show I think about it.....Thing is , the way I would go about it would make sense , and would not get the " glorified " reaction that those TV " ratings " need....

I could give you 100 things being done wrong....( probably on purpose )

Just one....Trail Cameras.....Leaving them for just 1 or 2 nights....What a joke , go disturb a area , leave your scent everywhere , make noise , check it every 3 hours.....Anyone see anything wrong with this picture?....Trail Cameras can be purchased with satelite feeds so you can check the pictures via computer....These cameras can be left out for months.....

EXACTLY!!!!

I've often thought the EXACT same thing. Like... "oh two days... now I'm convinced." Most animals that have migratory patterns travel weeks before returning to a site. :geek:

As for investigating cryptids, I just do it whenever I hear local reports. I load up the spear gun, pack the bear mace, and head out.

To answer Mike's question--there often IS evidence but it’s not always of Cyptids. Using your logic, why explore? Why push the boundaries of our imagination or land? Why don’t we all just hide in our cities and proclaim ourselves our own divinities. We can always click a button on the internet and have food brought to us. We can already click a button and pay for sex. All our most primal instincts are met why do anything--why search for anything? The answer is simple, because the alternative is worse. I'd rather dream, believe, and seek what is beyond the next horizon than wait to die!

EXACTLY!!!!

I've often thought the EXACT same thing. Like... "oh two days... now I'm convinced." Most animals that have migratory patterns travel weeks before returning to a site. :geek:

As for investigating cryptids, I just do it whenever I hear local reports. I load up the spear gun, pack the bear mace, and head out.

To answer Mike's question--there often IS evidence but it's not always of Cyptids. Using your logic, why explore? Why push the boundaries of our imagination or land? Why don't we all just hide in our cities and proclaim ourselves our own divinities. We can always click a button on the internet and have food brought to us. We can already click a button and pay for sex. All our most primal instincts are met why do anything--why search for anything? The answer is simple, because the alternative is worse. I'd rather dream, believe, and seek what is beyond the next horizon than wait to die!

Mr.E ,

I think todays society in general have all forgotten what the outdoors are....Even some of the ones that get to go " camping " are not camping...They are in their home on wheels with Plasma TV's.....

I know what you are saying.....I would not trade this place we are living at right now for anything ( but will be forced to soon ) , nothing better than a hike in the woods , Salmon fishing or Steel head in the rivers.....I love it !

Never owned a xbox/playstation/wii , and never will !

I've always wanted to try the hunting life but my friends are all scardy cats who say one thing and do another. I don't want to go by myself cause that's dangerous. So basically, I've got no one to go with me. -_-

I've always wanted to try the hunting life but my friends are all scardy cats who say one thing and do another. I don't want to go by myself cause that's dangerous. So basically, I've got no one to go with me. -_-

Actually, it is probably safer going by yourself. People have died and been seriously injured whilst "ghost hunting" with friends. Fear and hysteria can spread like wildfire among groups of people which, in dark and unfamiliar places, can have very real consequences. The spirits are not to blame.

Bostian's Bridge Spectral Train and Ghost Hunter's Death

http://www.suite101.com/content/bostians-bridge-spectral-train-and-ghost-hunters-death-a280835

Ghost-hunting woman falls to her death at UofT

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/693495

Girl, 17, Shot During Ghost Hunting

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=56574

If you are afraid of things that go bump in the night try reciting the Litany Against Fear from Dune:

I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

... or perhaps this one (my personal favourite):

Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death I shall not fear

For I am the meanest son-of-a-b**** in here.

• 3 years later...

I'd love to, but I too much of a scaredy cat to do it by myself :P I'd love to go investigate a haunted place or hunt for a cryptid in a place with a bunch of friends, but not in the "serious let's actually go and catch it" way. Just in a "oh we're out here just having fun" way. Plus, it would be nice to go and visit different places.

I'd love to, but I too much of a scaredy cat to do it by myself :P I'd love to go investigate a haunted place or hunt for a cryptid in a place with a bunch of friends, but not in the "serious let's actually go and catch it" way. Just in a "oh we're out here just having fun" way. Plus, it would be nice to go and visit different places.

OMG - you have just got to go out and do it - it is so much fun! The fear enhances the experience so just go with it...

I am in the process of organizing a legend-trip for my family - I managed to find a cemetery of an old pioneer ghost-town which also happens to be smack bang in the middle of Yowie territory! Two for the price of one...

The best mysteries are just beyond your doorstep. Start by searching for those local mysteries - contact your local Bigfoot/UFO/Ghost group and ask for "hot spots" of activity, poke around in newspaper archives (great if they are online) to look for forgotten mysteries in or near your local area, or even talk to a local historian at a library.

By doing a bit of research you can print it out and it gives you something to read aloud to the group to fill them in on recent or past events and what may still be around. Encourage others to search for evidence, take lots of pics, and to get involved - it's the experience that matters. And by all means - have fun with it!

• Like 1

I've tried to get a group together to do this, as the area I live has quite a hi level of superstitious people around it.

But more in the sense of "Investigating" as a means to explain what it actually is.

"No, it's not your dead mother telling you your child is evil, it's the house settling and you needing to see a therapist about your views on your kid."

That sort of thing

Not a lot of people interested in that line of thinking I guess

Edited by Scheming B

I've tried to get a group together to do this, as the area I live has quite a hi level of superstitious people around it.

But more in the sense of "Investigating" as a means to explain what it actually is.

"No, it's not your dead mother telling you your child is evil, it's the house settling and you needing to see a therapist about your views on your kid."

That sort of thing

Not a lot of people interested in that line of thinking I guess

This approach is admirable in it's goal but it shouldn't be a surprise that people would prefer to look for an external source for a perceived paranormal problem rather than having to confront the thought that the problem may well be internal...

Have you thought about setting up a website or something to investigate/explain local mysteries?