Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tape of an interesting encounter.

Tia

I haven't been on for a while and am too much of a lazy ass to look and see if you've got this radio interview but it's very interesting. The Pilliga is well known in Australia for many weird sightings and when you listen to this poor guy he's hysterical by the end of the interview remembering what happened to him one night there. Hope you enjoy.....

Link.... My link

Edited by Tia

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tia

• Night Walker

• Golden Duck

• Binaural Ubiety

I haven't been on for a while and am too much of a lazy ass to look and see if you've got this radio interview but it's very interesting. The Pilliga is well known in Australia for many weird sightings and when you listen to this poor guy he's hysterical by the end of the interview remembering what happened to him one night there. Hope you enjoy.....

Link.... My link

Some have their doubts us usual

http://www2b.abc.net.au/guestbookcentral/entry.asp?GuestbookID=184&EntryID=864690&view=&numtoview=&start=&sort=&filter1=&filter1val=&filter2=&filter2val=&filter3=&filter3val=&advanced=&pagestart=13

Pilliga Scrub, NSW Australia

c.1980

The Pilliga Scrub is a massive expanse of thick bushland in the top quarter of New South Wales and covers an area of about 80 x 120 kilometres. Much has been lost in there, never to be found again, from sheep and cattle, to people and vehicles. Even today, it is dense and forbidding, although what used to be a dirt track that ran through the middle is now a major road called the Newell Highway.

There are a lot of stories that have emerged from the forest, and one in particular that sticks in my mind is that of a bag-lady who lived in the Pilliga Scrub. She was often seen with her old battered shopping trolley loaded with her belongings along the road, and truckers would see her at night walking in complete darkness.

She was a recluse, old, grey haired and crazy, and they dubbed her the Pilliga Princess. For many years, she was a familiar sight to regular travellers, particularly truck drivers along that stretch of road. Because the Pilliga Scrub had (and still has) unexplained stories of terror associated with it, the locals will tell you you’d have to be completely crazy to be in the scrub after dark. Anyone passing through for the first time saw the Princess as an almost terrifying ghostly figure, even if they hadn’t heard the scary stories beforehand.

More recently:

One night in 1993 the Pilliga Princess was hit and killed by a truck. The trucker who hit her said she had been wandering across the road and he hadn’t seen her until it was too late. He told how as she was lit by the headlights, she turned to look directly at him and ran toward him, arms outstretched. The last thing he saw of her alive was the white hair flaring out around her wild-eyed face and the expression was one of manic glee.

Since then other truckers swear they have seen her walking her trolley at night, just as she had done for years before she was killed. One truck driver even claimed to have hit her trolley, but with no Princess in sight.

If you are from that region, or have driven through there and have seen anything unusual, I would love to hear from you. Thanks to the person who emailed me the following image from the Australian Cemeteries Index, we now know the name of the Princess.

pilligaprincessinscript.jpg

http://bitey.com/2005/04/the-piliga-princess/

I’m more interested in this alleged audio: Possible Yowie vocals caught on tap. Proof at last? http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30409&st=0&p=3348296&hl=yowie%20vocalisation&fromsearch=1entry3348296

I've just heard part of the tape and it does look very promising.

Some of the sounds are the same produced by our visitor the last time he came around.

Other sounds are very similar to the bigfoot recordings you hear, there is a very primate sound to it.

Is the audio as “authentic” as Bongo’s claims?

I had to go look at that post it was so long ago, I haven't had a chance to talk to the guys in years but the Yowie Hunters are the real deal. They spend a lot of time and effort in their research.

As for the Pilliga it has a really strong reputation for no one stopping their cars or trucks there overnight, there's meant to be more then one eerie thing roaming that region. Poor Bongo, I think from the way he spoke he at least truly believed in what happened that night.

The first thing I did was to try and find the institution he lives in. That's how I came that link.

In fairness maybe that's what it was called in the 70s and it might have a different name now.

The police and press would have had to have got on to this. But all anyone know is Bongo's story. I hope he was acting...

I had to go look at that post it was so long ago, I haven't had a chance to talk to the guys in years but the Yowie Hunters are the real deal. They spend a lot of time and effort in their research.

May I ask how long you've known the Yowie Hunters?

You do realise that they have a long history of fakery and sensational claims, right? Like where yellow bruises were claimed to be fresh and the result of a "Yowie attack", or when he used his own foot to make a Yowie footprint, or when they claim multiple close-quarter encounters and never have a camera on hand, or... like this audio? How do you separate the facts from their fictions? They may appear sincere in person but if research is not open to scrutiny and replication it is not really research, is it? It is storytelling. I agree they spend a lot of time doing that...

As for the Pilliga it has a really strong reputation for no one stopping their cars or trucks there overnight, there's meant to be more then one eerie thing roaming that region. Poor Bongo, I think from the way he spoke he at least truly believed in what happened that night.

Does he really believe it or is he just a good storyteller? If he believed it himself he would surely realise the details don't add up. Sincerity is important and once you can fake that you've got it made. Like the alleged Yowie audio, is Bongo's experience also similar to your experiences?

The Pilliga may well be the storytelling capital of Australia:

North of me is the Piliga Forest that the Newell Highway passes through for over 100kms. It is a lonely monotonous trip and there are Aboriginal myths of yowies and min-mins which continue even today.

Some interstate truck drivers are very nervous about even travelling through there especially at night. One nervous driver got a blow out at night and had to stop and put on the spare wheel. One of his mates Brett, saw him and decided to have some harmless fun. He pulled up down the road and snuck back to scare his mate.

Bad move.

By the time Brett snuck back the spare tyre was fitted and there was just the picking up of the flat, the jack and wheel brace.

Brett let out a deep yowie howl and his mate jumped straight in the truck and took off at high speed.

Brett had to walk back to his truck, then drive back and pick up all the bits left behind by his mate.

Brett didn't catch up to him until he got to Adelaide, some 1500kms away.

The bloke who told me was p***ing himself laughing while telling the story and I have to admitt I have a hard time keeping a straight face.

Harmless fun!

http://www.suzuki4u.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47282&sid=8a25f3260b1c7f40f2fbd8c6bbc2b8c2

This prank has a resolution although many probably don't - like the famous case that brought the Yowie to national prominence, George Gray was sincere but didn't know he'd been pranked - then the stories take on a life and significance of their own. Imagine what kind of tale the above bloke would have related if Brett did't catch up with him and share a laugh. The Pilliga has a history of spooky claims but not a scrap of tangible evidence - that, in itself, says speaks volumes.

Look I see you also come from NSW, I live in the Blue Mountains and if you go through my posts they'll only share with you half of what I've encountered here. I even had a thread up that had possible 'panther' prints I found that were 14cm x14cm I don't know of any dog with paws that size. The yowies hunters have been great with me, I've never gone on a hunt with them and declined when one wanted to investigate my area as to me what we have here is special and I don't really want them found. We've had four out of the five people living here who have had yowie encounters, stalking's, sightings, communication with wood banging and the typical rock throwing.

You don't have to believe me because I'm a big girl and I know what's the truth and don't really give a damn about what others think, hey that's life no one's ever going to agree on everything. I've been on here for almost 7yrs and in it's time I've had some of the biggest sceptics on my side because they know me personally and that I don't LIE, I couldn't be bothered.

Here's the print's again..... DSCN0429.jpg

With a 75cm gap between prints.....

DSCN0431.jpg

A professor looked at these pictures and actually felt they were more related to the marsupial lion due to the three toes in front, find the thread it's all there.

Edited by Tia

I've been on here for almost 7yrs and in it's time I've had some of the biggest sceptics on my side because they know me personally and that I don't LIE,

Like who? Sakari? evancj? psyche101? ... or Humblemun?

No offense, but I don't know you or the details of your Yowie claims and I generally don't consider a story to be the same as a lie. I do know a thing or two about a few Yowie Researchers, though...

A professor looked at these pictures and actually felt they were more related to the marsupial lion due to the three toes in front, find the thread it's all there.

Which professor? An independent professor or a friend who claims to be a professor? I prefer to go to the source in order to confirm or deny particular claims. In my experience, academics and professionals have no qualms about standing by and/or explainming their assessments and I am willing to do so and post the findings in an open manner here on UM.

There was a thread about this, I can remember it. It freaked me out because I live in Australia, luckily not New South Wales.

See, whenever someone comes up with weird stuff it's usually in another country and I dismiss it with "Meh, It's not in Australia so I don't have to worry" (Ignorant, amiright), But hmmmm something in the country I live in.

I'm not even that far from NSW either. (South QLD)

And the way mister bongo there described it kind of lets my imagination toy with me, I hope he is lying!

I've been on here for almost 7yrs and in it's time I've had some of the biggest sceptics on my side because they know me personally and that I don't LIE, I couldn't be bothered.

Uhm , no offense , but you mention all of these " sightings" on your property , and want to post all about it , yet you do not want anyone to know about it because they should be left alone?

Usually , if someone posts claims here , it is for a few reasons , two of them....

Attention or Answers.

Seems you have your answers , and do not want to show any proof ( huge claim saying you have them on your property ) , so what is the purpose of posting said claims?

I think psyche was around back when I was on here a lot, I haven't been on here for a while due to very sick children and returning to full time studies. Hey going out every day with a ruler and camera and having the neighbours looking at you like your weird doesn't bother me. I've produced pictures. Like I said I have a heap of threads on here if you would like to go searching back over the last 7yrs. I put them up to share my encounters and to help work out ANSWERS! Not for attention.

You're the noobs on here so please don't be rude to me I've dealt with bigger and better. I've just given you the pictures as proof doesn't mean I'm handing out my home address to anyone so they can investigate in my back yard.My belief is to leave these creatures alone not trap or kill one and because I've got a brain I also have the right of making my own decisions. There's only one person on here who I would give that to and willingly and let him camp out in my spot, because I know that he also believes in preserving the life of what's out there, is more important then selling newspapers.

I can swear on my kids lives but that probably would mean nothing to you lot that a guy that use to live up the road let his dog out one night to do it's business and it charged into the bush, next thing it started squealing. He ran down and started to enter the bush when the dog returned with a four inch wound in it's neck, and this was a big hairy dog. He showed me the wound stitched up the next day and was almost embarrassed asking me if I'd heard about the panther here ( which if you live in NSW you'd know the Government has admitted in all the major papers that ABCs exist)he actually had his house on the market within 2weeks and moved away from this area. Like I said you probably won't believe me but I'm just sharing a story which I saw proof of and find interesting when putting all the pieces together.

Totally closed minds never learn a thing in life you have to live life with an open mind. The Professor was so long ago the guy who connected me to him was in the thread but it's makes me feel so stupid that I can't remember his name, I'm not even sure if he's still on here if he is I'm sure he'd back up my story. You lot seem to have the time so maybe you can find the thread and I'll see if I can track him down because I'm back to full time study again in 2 days.

Now that this topic seems to be gone straight off the original tape recording and seems to be based on me and like I said I have plenty of threads on here if you'd like to go through them and my history maybe I should remind you all of this....

No ad hominem attacks: Always attack the points being presented based on the merits or otherwise of the argument, do not personally attack, insult, mock or otherwise make derogatory comments aimed at the person who is presenting that argument or with whom you disagree.

Edited by Tia

I don’t suppose you thought to take a photo of the dog’s injury? Do you have any contact details for its owner? Sorry, but I find it hard to take you at face value when your memory is conveniently patchy when it comes to details that can be verified and when you tout your hoaxer-friends as being “the real deal” when they are anything but.

You realise that there is every indication that the Yowie audio that you promoted on this forum (http://www.unexplain...1) is a fake and that if “some of the sounds are the same produced by our visitor the last time he came around” then there is a strong possibility that at least some of the same people are fooling you as well. Or that you played some implicit part in it.

If you really are seeking answers then why have you not considered the obvious ones? Asking questions and getting to the truth can be hard especially if the truth is not the answer you really want to hear. It's understandable - Mystery is sexy, mundane is not and many people will simply tell you what you want to hear.

I have no further questions. I have spent enough time chasing down leads from the Yowie-crowd and their friends which all come to nought. If you are truly sincere in finding the answers then get in touch, if not then, by all means, keep doing what you are doing…

I don’t suppose you thought to take a photo of the dog’s injury? Do you have any contact details for its owner? Sorry, but I find it hard to take you at face value when your memory is conveniently patchy when it comes to details that can be verified and when you tout your hoaxer-friends as being “the real deal” when they are anything but.

You realise that there is every indication that the Yowie audio that you promoted on this forum (http://www.unexplain...1) is a fake and that if “some of the sounds are the same produced by our visitor the last time he came around” then there is a strong possibility that at least some of the same people are fooling you as well. Or that you played some implicit part in it.

If you really are seeking answers then why have you not considered the obvious ones? Asking questions and getting to the truth can be hard especially if the truth is not the answer you really want to hear. It's understandable - Mystery is sexy, mundane is not and many people will simply tell you what you want to hear.

I have no further questions. I have spent enough time chasing down leads from the Yowie-crowd and their friends which all come to nought. If you are truly sincere in finding the answers then get in touch, if not then, by all means, keep doing what you are doing…

No I didn't take pictures of the dogs injuries, if it had been my dogs then I would have. That's a really stupid statement, actually most of your statements are. You're like a spoilt child because you've never experienced anything you whinge and chuck a tantrum for proof yet I've showed you pictures and you haven't given me ONE single suggestion of what they are. Do you know all your neighbours names? Around here it's very secluded and we mainly know each other by the dogs name and his dog's name was Curly. I was never close to this person and not being a sticky beak no I didn't ask him where he was going as he pretty much locked himself and Curly up after the incident.

Hoaxer-friends is slanderous talk you know, I haven't really been on here much in the last 3years and I haven't had any contact with The Yowie Hunters in that time either if that is who you're talking about. I still back those with whom I was in contact with then they were very hard working and spent many hours searching for proof. Your link doesn't work but I'm assuming it's a tape I've commented on and what ever I said I will still stand by it.

Do you live in a tiny box? Then you tell me what you had for dinner on July 8 1997? I doubt it so why am I expected to remember everything. I did actually remember my contacts name who put me on to the professor and found that he had been online a couple of weeks ago so I have sent a pm to him to try to get a name, happy now. If you want the truth of why certain things aren't that important in my mind I spend between 1997 and 1998 in and out of hospital for six months seriously ill. Late 1998 my son was diagnosed with cancer and we had to go through his surgery and possible chemo. A month later my youngest daughter had to have brain surgery for a tumour as well. A lot of follow ups happened in 1999, time out, we travelled a bit and I started looking for work. 2010 I was back in hospital with severe pneumonia and then I started my nursing course, finished that and have started a higher level nursing course studying full time while basically raising 3 kids 2 with multiple health problems by myself. Try remembering something that doesn't rate very highly when you consider my last couple of years.

I never said I personally had proof of yowies I mentioned encounters etc but never that I have proof. The closest we got was after a verbal visit one night we did find a very faint footprint but no matter how we tried to photograph it it wouldn't work due to the dark soil and dark rocks around it. We did have 3 adults view the print but I know that's not good enough for most but hey like I say, who gives a crap about others. I know what I've experienced and I don't need to prove it to the general public to make myself bigger, if I did I'd be on a current affair.

I'm glad you're no longer commenting on this thread, maybe we can get back to the original topic which was about Bongo's interesting story. I don't think Bongo had a yowie encounter ( certain things don't add up for me ), but I do believe something did happen or he truly believes something happened to him.

Now who is being rude?

I said I have no further questions. Perhaps you are only seeing what you desire to see.

Here is a suggestion re: the injured dog – a singular gash would most likely indicate that the damage was caused by a boar or a roo - animals that are common and have a well-documented history of causing injuries to dogs.

boarstusks.jpgroofoot.jpg

Panthers have claws (plural).

A suggestion as to your alleged yowie experiences – thrown rocks and wood knocks are not Yowie signs they are indications that there are hucksters playing tricks. This suggestion is further supported by the fake Yowie vocals (that you promoted on this forum) that sound, according to you, similar to your nocturnal visitor and that you seemingly have close connections with some of the Australia’s most prolific Yowie hoaxers who you tout as being authentic.

I suggest that you display a preference for seeking mysterious explanations over the more likely mundane ones.

Furthermore, if you are indeed sincere about seeking answers then the logical place is with your hoaxer-friends but I doubt it will provide the answers to desire (see the above suggestion).

In case you didn't know it, Panthers can retract their claws as can all cats. There are definitely no boars or roos where I live. Hucksters playing tricks, I walked different tracks at different times every day hardly likely, how do you know they are not yowie experiences? Just because you say so.

Once again I'll quote that I haven't spoken to Dean and the gang since I became ill, I don't even know if the same people are involved with them today as when I use to speak with them. I was a mod on their forum back then but being based in NSW and they being based in QLD and SA hardly makes me as being part of what you think is their great conspiracy. I am the worst person with technology and can barely load photo's up. I even took something once that was shown to me in confidence and showed it to someone else with much more experience to get a second opinion and believed the person who gave me the second opinion as I know they are an expert in the particular field that was mentioned. I'm not naive or stupid but when there are normally at least 2 of us together when things have happened it's not being made up.

The rock throwing case in particular, my husband would throw rocks (during school hours) high into the air and into the bush to make the dogs jump to attention. Weeks later I was by myself later in the day when rocks were tossed high over my head into the bushes opposite. I had my retriever loose and he would enter the bush and come back out as though he wanted to play with the tosser. You could also hear slight movement in the correct direction following me. It was quite funny that this particular one was imitating what my husband would do, though if my husband went alone with the dogs into the bush one would be very aggressive thrashing large bushes and thumping noises at him to chase him off.

Anyway, you won't believe anything I say, nor will you change my mind so please do like you said you would and keep out of this thread unless you want to talk about Bongo. :yes:

So are we still talking about 'Bongo's' tape? I had to listen to it a couple of times and I hate to say it but it was funny as hell! He spent how long in the Happy Days mental hospital? Sorry but that is not fear I hear at the end of his story. I laughed so hard I almost passed out! A creature with a "Hairy legs" fetish? OMG.......

Rocketgirl B)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a reason Bongo is in the sanitarium. It does seem to me though, like he really believed what he saw was real.

Regardless, I've never heard of the Pilliga forest before, sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to look up some more accounts, or if you know of any good links Tia?

No sorry I don't have any links, just heard a lot of stories that have come out of there over the years the main one being no truckies will ever stop there at night to rest.

I'm like you whether Bongo did see something or not, I truly believe he believes he did.

Hairy leg fetish, and the lights surrounding the truck when the creature appeared doesn't point to a yowie encounter for me. Lord knows what really happened that night.

Bongo’s account raises the prospect of the Clayton’s Yowie - the Yowie you have when you don’t have a Yowie. Belief is a powerful thing, even in the face of contradicting evidence, and what a people experiences (or perhaps even simply claims to experience) is/can be real to them. Below is another example with several witnesses:

Family claim ‘monster’ chased them in desert

Sunday Sun (Qld)

Date: October 22, 1987

Page Number: 5

Desert family sticks to "monster' claim ALICE SPRINGS. Relatives of a family chased by a huge "half-man, half-beast'' in the central Australian desert are convinced they saw a monster, despite police having arrested a man nearby.

Alice Springs woman Phyllis Kenny, her four grand-children and friend Frank Burns, were chased by what they described as a terrifying "yowie-like'' creature eight days ago at an isolated bore on Yambah Station, 50 km north of Alice Springs.

Mrs Kenny said the creature leapt from an empty tank at the bore, chased and caught hold of their utility truck before disappearing into the bush.

The man-like animal was covered with hair and stood at least 2 m tall.

The two adults and four children were rabbit-shooting and decided to stop at a favorite camping spot, Top Bore, for water and tea.

It was 5 p.m. and still fully light.

A large fig tree was beside the bore. They had some kangaroo tail with them, Mrs Kenny was passing around food and the two elder boys, Daniel Kenny and Ronald Dodd, were some distance away.

Daniel was the first to see the creature. "He was in the tank,'' he said. "He leapt out, not climbing out, but just jumping straight out of this big tank.''

Daniel and Ronald ran towards Mrs Kenny and Mr Burns. "Then, Nanna (Mrs Kenny) saw it and shouted out to jump in the ute,'' Daniel said.

Ronald said: "It was coming towards us, not making any noises or anything or waving, just walking towards us.''

Mrs Kenny said yesterday she had not slept properly since the sighting and was too scared to leave the house.

"When I saw that thing coming towards me, I nearly died,'' she said.

"You can tell the difference between a man and a beast and that was no man.

"There are some things that you just can't explain, that are just scary, and that was one of them.''

Daniel said: "It had a sort of ape's face. It had big eyes, a large forehead and it was all red around its mouth.''

Ronald said: "It ran like a gorilla. It's arms hung down at its sides and it just sort of loped along.''

Up to this point, the article comes across as a Yowie sighting with great potential - several witnesses seeing a 2m tall hairy man in daylight:

"He was in the tank. He leapt out, not climbing out, but just jumping straight out of this big tank.''

"It had a sort of ape's face. It had big eyes, a large forehead and it was all red around its mouth.''

"It ran like a gorilla. It's arms hung down at its sides and it just sort of loped along.''

"When I saw that thing coming towards me, I nearly died. You can tell the difference between a man and a beast and that was no man. There are some things that you just can't explain, that are just scary, and that was one of them.''

Mrs Kenny said yesterday she had not slept properly since the sighting and was too scared to leave the house.

… but the remainder of the article pours cold water over any association with a Yowie:

But Mr Burns said: "I think it was a man. He looked like a man to me.''

Police said yesterday a patrol arrested a large naked man in the area the day after the Kenny family's fright.

Constable Sean Sandry, of Alice Springs police, one of two officers to arrest the man, said he was "definitely not a yowie''.

"We had a call from Yambah Station and we went out to see what was going on,'' he said.

"We found this bloke sitting on the side of the road completely naked.

"He was a great big bloke, about six foot eight, and I reckon he would have weighed about 20 or 25 stone.

"But he didn't give us any trouble. He just came along quite peacefully and hopped in the back of the van.''

Police took the man to Alice Springs Hospital. He was admitted.

The hospital superintendent, Dr Peter Bradford, refused to comment yesterday.

Under the Northern Territory Mental Health Act, doctors may not divulge information about patients except with their consent.

That what Mrs Kenny, Daniel, and Robert subjectively saw was clearly at odds with what was objectively there yet the experience was still very real for them. Could the Yowie be a purely subjective experience with no basis in objective reality? If so, it could possibly account for the bulk of modern Yowie sightings which are seemingly reported by people with more than a passing interest in the paranormal.

Thanks for that Night Walker, it was a very interesting story and shows that a one of encounter/ sighting could be anything. :yes: I believe it takes repeated encounters to be able to build a case.

I am of the opinion that it takes objective evidence to make a case – crazy as that may seem. People who claim multiple Yowie sightings – and there are but a small handful of such individuals - should provide the best avenue for determining the objective reality or otherwise of the Yowie. Such witnesses would be expected to come from a broad spectrum of the population and, unless living in the same community, should be largely unknown to one another, and their supporting physical evidence should be both extensive and compelling due to the number of alleged sightings and their not-so-unexpected nature. This is not the case, however.

The small handful of people claiming multiple Yowie sightings are all paranormal-buffs (people who hold paranormal belief systems display higher rates of fantasy proneness than other members of the general public) who mostly seem known to one another on a social level and their evidence, like other Yowie evidence, is largely non-existent and/or highly ambiguous. Furthermore, the presence of charlatans – like Brett Green (of Gympie Pyramid infamy) who has a long and well-documented history of fabricating evidence to support his sensational claims – within such groupings raises further questions about the validity of such Yowie claims.

Do fantasy-prone and/or dodgy individuals (like “Bongo” and Brett Green respectively) relate genuine encounters with a large, unidentified bipedal species or is something else going on in regards to the Yowie? All indicators point to the latter…

I've never heard of Brett Green though as I've said before I have been out of the loop for at least 3yrs. Doesn't it make sense to you that someone more interested in the crypto world would have encounters then someone who doesn't. I can't see a Yowie walking down George Street at lunch time.

A crypto follower is much more likely to actually go out into the field and spend time looking for signs and actually know what they are looking for. I don't enter the bush anymore I don't have my dogs so I wouldn't chance it. Dogs are very smart at picking up when there's something like a wallaby around or when they sense a threat and they practically drag you flying out of the bush. I've been dragged out twice by my dogs and they didn't settle until quite a distance from there.

Have you ever spent any time in the field? Just interested to know and if so who with, where did you go and when?

I've got some photos in the ghost section under Mafia House. I'm still waiting on an explanation of the 2 really bright objects, one picture I agreed with the conclusion of, orbs, well orbs are open to all interpretations but I'd really like to know what would produce the bright lights, maybe someone could explain how the camera does that. See that's what I mean about spending time in the field, we heard about a haunted house, we scoped it out during the day then went back 1 night later to actually follow through by taking pictures and asking opinions.

This would be an interesting debate without all the personal jabs. :S

Night Walker has some excellent points. I think part of the issue is that people who are not involved in the paranormal-loving community or have never had an interest in it otherwise don't always come forward for fear that people would think they're nuts. I'm kind of in that category. Hell, I've even "seen" a ghost (still sleep with a light on when I'm alone, scariest thing ever) and I still can't say that I believe in them. I've found a weird critter before but I guess I'm pretty good at searching for things to solve my own little mysteries, at least to my satisfaction. I'm sure a lot of potential 'sightings', should any of the currently known cryptids exist, end up attributed to some known animal in the area by the person who made the sighting themselves. For example, if you catch a glimpse of a big hairy beast in the northwest, you're liable to think "bear" before "Sasquatch". With that in mind, you start to fill in the blanks with bear details when recalling your experience. It's why eyewitnesses are ridiculously unreliable.

As for the tape, I gotta say it's not that clear to me, is there a transcription I can follow along?

Sorry no transcript that I know of. Here the biggest thing is a wallaby, and they definitely don't stand at 6 to 8ft tall plus they're brown the rock wallabies our yowies are grey.

I’ll leave “Bongo” to his fate and will continue this discussion over to one of the Yowie threads:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=168094&st=150