Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived] Lets Count to a Million (Game)

Bracket

The Beretta 626 is a boxlock single-trigger 12-bore side-by-side shotgun. (I own one BTW)

In

627 AD

Byzantine emperor Heraclius sent missionaries to Croats who practiced Slavic paganism.

(To no avail. It will take a lot more missionaries, this time from Rome, and few more decades for Croats to accept Christianity. And few more centuries to start using Latin instead of folk language in Masses.)

• Like 1

628 is an angel number, whatever that might be. I like angel cake though.

• Like 1

Luke 6:29 in the bible says... "To him that smiteth thee on the cheek – Taketh away thy cloak."

I think we can all learn something from that.

• Like 2

At 6:30pm every weekday there used to be a comedy programme on BBC Radio 4(different show each day). They stopped being funny. I stopped listening.

• Like 2

At 6.31pm on radio 4 tonight, Cabin Pressure will be underway. That one is funny!

632 AD is the year in which Islam prophet Muhammad died on Monday, 8 June, in Medina, at the age of 63, in the house of his wife Aisha. A few months after his farewell pilgrimage to Mecca, Muhammad fell ill and suffered for several days with a fever, head pain, and weakness.

In AD 634, Oswald of Northumbria defeats Cadwallon ap Cadfan of Gwynedd in the Battle of Heavenfield and reunites Northumbria.

A.D. 635. This year King Cynegils was baptized by Bishop Birinus at Dorchester; and Oswald, king of the Northumbrians, was his sponsor, (who supplied him with helmet, sword and shield all in team colours and a nice T shirt with the sponser's logo on it!!)

• Like 1

At 6.31pm on radio 4 tonight, Cabin Pressure will be underway. That one is funny!

At 6:36 this evening was I listening to 'Cabin Pressure'(which I used to love) ......... I have to say I was disappointed :hmm: but thanks for mentioning it.

• Like 1

means “always and forever”, because there’re 6 letters in “always”, 3 in “and” and 7 in “forever”.

The Internet told me so, but it didn’t tell me why something has to be always and forever, like you can do something forever but not always? I mean, it’s possible, you have to use bathroom for as long as you live, which is the same as forever if we are mortal beings, but not always... hopefully.

Anyway...

• Like 1

At 6:36 this evening was I listening to 'Cabin Pressure'(which I used to love) ......... I have to say I was disappointed :hmm: but thanks for mentioning it.

Haven't heard it yet, but I suspect it's winding down... I do like Bleak Expectations too but think that lost its way a bit.

639 is a hostel in London.

641st Tank Destroyer Battalion was established December 18, 1941 at Ft Lewis, WA, from personnel of the 41st Infantry Division. Originally a Light Towed Battalion, they shipped from New York, port of embarkation on Mar. 4, 1942 and arrived in Australia (via the Panama Canal) on Apr. 9, 1942. Arrived New Guinea on Jan. 21, 1943. Entered combat on May, 1944 and was redesignated as 98th Chemical Battalion (Motorized) on Jun. 24, 1944. Apparently Japanese had by 1944 no tanks to be destroyed by this battalion :)

There are Kegel exercises for men too and if a man does them every day for

days, he can not only lay an egg but he can also crack it and separate the yolk from the white without any need to use his hands while doing it.

• Like 3

A.D. 644. This year died at Rochester, on the tenth of October, Paulinus, who was first Archbishop at York, and afterwards atRochester. He was bishop nineteen winters, two months, and one and twenty days. This year the son of Oswy's uncle (Oswin), the son of Osric, assumed the government of Deira, and reigned seven winters.

Poor old Paulinus!

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 1

DCXLV

646. In 2005, Thai fishermen netted a 646 pound catfish, setting a world record for the largest freshwater fish ever found. It has been described as being as big as a grizzly bear.

Tremont 647 is a restaurant.

A study was made about

meteors, trying to establish connection between solar minimum and end height of meteors but it offered no conclusions worth posting here.