Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived] Lets Count to a Million (Game)

Bracket

876 is the form you have to fill in when applying for a Transit Visa for Australia. Hopefully, you don't also have to fill in the first 875, especially as this form is for stays of no more than 72 hours. Ain't bureaucracy a wonderful thing...?

AD 877....Hincmar, Archbishop of Rheims crowns Louis the Stammerer King of the West Franks in the church of Compiegne. (King Louis swears the Coronation Oath - eventually!)

is another nice, palindromic number.

Also, Urban dictionary entry no.878 is “daje”, Roman slang for “hurry up”.

Daje, Helen, daje... or you'll have to edit again.

I have jiggled my legs 879 times in the last half hour(Restless Legs Syndrome) (worst in evenings).

880 is my secret password to my little red safe box where I keep my stamp collection

toysafe.jpeg

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1

The year 882 began on a Monday.

Anselm of Farfa, abbot favoured by emperor Charles the Fat, died in 883.

The 12 factors of 884 are 1, 2, 4, 13, 17, 26, 34, 52, 68, 221, 442, and 884. (My God - I'm boring!)

Certain Rihanna spent

885 euros

on designer underwear and Google thinks I'd like to read about it. This means all the paranoids can sigh with relief: Google may be tracking and storing your every move, but they apparently can't analyse or apply that ocean of data.

886AD: King Alfred the Great captures London and renames it Lundenburgh. Slightly upstream from London Bridge he builds a small harbour called Queenhythe (now spelt Queenshithe and is a small ward of the City of London in central London just south of St Paul's Cathedral, famous for its once-wobbly Millennium Bridge which crosses into the City of London). Control of London is given to Earl Æthelred, Lord of the Mercians, who marries Alfred's daughter Æthelfleda, who becomes Lady of the Mercians.

P7217693.jpg

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

887 is a number I waited for someone else to cover so I can have 888.

Well, we can’t have it all...

So, in 887 12 Venetian ships came to Croatian side of Adriatic to discipline Neretvan Croats, to please Charles III the Fat with whom they made alliance. After initial promising successful sinking of 5 Croatian ships, Croats struck back, Venetians lost the battle, all their ships, and their doge Peter too. Venetians had to steal his dead body because Neretvans were not in negotiating mood.

The battle was over on September 18th, that is commemorated today in Croatia as the day of Croatian navy.

• Like 1

888 is two levels up in Evil-ness and a number Helen wanted for some weird reason. :P

• Like 2

Everything I want is for some weird reason :D

889 is the code for medieval and modern Greek literature, in the Dewey Decimal System for classifying books.

• Like 1

AD 890....Her lædde Beornhelm abbud Westseaxna ælmessan to Rome ælfredes cyninges; Godrum se norþerna cyning forþferde, þæs fulluhtnama wæs æþelstan, se wæs ælfredes cyninges godsunu, he bude on Eastenglum, þæt lond ærest gesæt; þy ilcan geare for se here of Sigene to Sant Laudan, þæt is butueoh Brettum Francum, Brettas him wiþ gefuhton, hæfdon sige, hie bedrifon ut on ane ea, monige adrencton. Her wæs Plegemund gecoron of Gode of eallen his halechen.

This year Abbot Bernhelm conducted the alms of the West-Saxons and of King Alfred to Rome; and Guthrum, king of the Northern men, departed this life, whose baptismal name was Athelstan. He was the godson of King Alfred; and he abode among the East-Angles, where he first established a settlement. The same year also went the army from the Seine to Saint Lo, which is between the Bretons and the Franks; where the Bretons fought with them, obtained the victory, and drove them out into a river, in which many of them were drowned. This year also was Plegmund chosen by God and all his saints to the archbishopric in Canterbury.

NGC 891 is an edge-on unbarred spiral galaxy 30 million light-years away in the constellation Andromeda.

892: Sigurd the Mighty, King of Orkney, strapped the head of his defeated foe, Máel Brigte, to his horse's saddle. The teeth of the head grazed against his leg as he rode, causing a fatal infection.

• Like 2

From Vincent van Gogh’s letter no. 893:

"It’s a figure I enjoyed painting – but it’s difficult.

He’s promised to get her to pose for me another time with a little organ."

When all else fails, take to the skies...

894. SouthWest #894 will deliver you from Bob Hope Airport, Burbank, to McCarran International, Las Vegas, in about 50 minutes at an average ticket price of about $108. :-* Now how on earth did you live without knowing that?

• Like 1

Two popes in the year 896. Mostly because the first pope that year died after only 15 days of his pontificate.

A 6.5mm Carcano Model 91/897 was the weapon used to assassinate President Kennedy.

898 Hildegard is a minor planet orbiting the Sun.

It was named after St. Hildegard of Bingen, one of my favourite saints.

is how many Spartans saw someone who saw “300” three times.

• Like 1