Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived] Lets Count to a Million (Game)

Bracket

Schism of 1054 divided Christianity into Catholic and Orthodox Church. And believe it or not, my life is still a bit more complicated than it could be because of that.

January 11th, 1055 A.D. - Theodora is crowned Empress of the Byzantine Empire.

1056 yeast is the starter for several classic American ales.

1056 is also the true date of the Battle of Hastings. The official recorder of events on the battlefield had the misfortune of his pencil snapping just as he wrote the '5' and the ensuing graphite splodge was interpretated as a '6' centuries later. :mellow:

• Like 2

1058 Hoagie is a sandwich shop on 7th Street in San Francisco.

(For those who don't know what a hoagie is, see sub, hero sandwich, grinder, torpedo, po'boy, etc. For those of you outside the US without even those options, too bad for you! :P LOL)

Croatian king Petar Krešimir IV was crowned in 1059, but only after he and 12 of top noblemen (not to bother you with unpronounceable original titles) swore to the Pope he didn’t off his older brother.

• Like 1

1060 - Henry I of France dies.

1056 is also the true date of the Battle of Hastings. The official recorder of events on the battlefield had the misfortune of his pencil snapping just as he wrote the '5' and the ensuing graphite splodge was interpretated as a '6' centuries later. :mellow:

Damn n' blast it!

*Ealdwita begins the month-long task of updating all of his files, notes and records in the light of fresh information received about the Battle of Hastings. (Which didn't take place in Hastings either!)

s7876.gif

• Like 2

First name Lola is 1061st on first names frequency list (for US). Helens are 15th. Marys 1st.

AD 1062 the year the Americans show up for the Battle of Hastings :P

Edited by Kasey2601
  • Like 3

And the reason why no one knows about that is because Americans showed up in Hastings, the place where the Battle of Hastings didn’t took place.

In 1063 river Thames was frozen for 14 weeks.

• Like 2

So the Battle of Hastings re-occurred on 14th October 1066, approximately 10 km (6 ¼ miles) northwest of Hastings.

Maybe it was re-enactment, since the Americans arrived?

Don’t look at me like that, I read that somewhere on the Internet ( ;) ) so it must be true.

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 2

(Someone just forgot to wind their calendar. That happens all the time).

Louisiana Highway 1067 (LA 1067) is a state highway in Louisiana that servesTangipahoa Parish. It spans 3.5 miles (5.6 km) in a southwest to northeast direction. It is known locally as Old Covington Highway, a designation which includes both the state-maintained LA 1067 and the locally maintained and unnumbered stretch on the same trajectory between LA 3158 (Airport Road) and US 51 Business in Hammond. The length of all of Old Covington Highway (both the unnumbered stretch and LA 1067 continuously) is exactly 6.0 miles (9.7 km).

• Like 1

1068 Wallace was an Atlantic Giant pumpkin grown by Ron Wallace in 2003, named after its weight in pounds. It was not the biggest pumpkin of its kind, since the world record is held by 434 pounds heavier monster of a pumpkin.

In 1069, King William of England reacted to rebellions from his subjects by riding through the north of England with his army, destroying farms, cattle and crops, resulting in the deaths of some 100 000 people from starvation and winter cold.

1070...The rebuilding of Canterbury Cathedral was begun, following a fire the previous year.

In 1069, King William of England reacted to rebellions from his subjects by riding through the north of England with his army, destroying farms, cattle and crops, resulting in the deaths of some 100 000 people from starvation and winter cold.

His illegitimate birth wasn't the only reason he was known as 'William the B******d!'

1071 ....Why won't they let me have a gun?

( as the Sun - rises hastley up over the hill)....( well.. dearest , it was hard times for poor old Ireland....a terrible beauily was born................

1071 ....Why won't they let me have a gun?

( as the Sun - rises hastley up over the hill)....( well.. dearest , it was hard times for poor old Ireland....a terrible beauily was born................

Because you’d probably shoot yourself in the foot :D At least that’s what everyone always told me.

Rule no. 1072 from thatonerule.com:

Don’t be afraid to change.

You may lose something good but you may gain something even better.

On the other hand, "you may" is not the same as "you will" but let's not nitpick now.

• Like 1

Okay, I just googled 1073 and copied out an amusing piece about a microphone preamp(don't ask!), then I thought it would be fun to add a dancing smiley. I went to Photobucket and my computer started to make a loud grinding noise and then coughed up a notice informing me that Internet Explorer had blocked the page 'to protect my computer' .............. what the?

So 1073? The number of mini-tantrums I've had this year that are computer-related :angry:

• Like 1

In 1074, Gregory VII succeeded Alexander II to become the 155th Pope.

Edit: Ooops, no, that was in 1073.

Oh well, in 1074 Gregory VII celebrated his first anniversary as the guy with the funny hat, :whistle::yes:

Edited by Titanicneversank
  • Like 2

1075 kg (2,370 pounds), 6.4 metres (20 feet) crocodile was caught in Philippines two years ago.

1076. FF-1076, known as USS Fanning, was a frigate of the US Navy. Launched in 1970, she was sold to Turkey in 1993 and decomissioned in 2001.

1077 awards of the 'Mitgliedschaft Abzeichen für die Deutsche Akademie für Luftfahrtforschung' were made between 1933 and 1945

Edited by ealdwita

0418-2013Members-show.jpg

To be honest, if the poster is an example of the work being shown I'm not going to bother going.

Edited by ouija ouija