Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived] Lets Count to a Million (Game)

Bracket

1254 is the number of grains of salt in my salt shaker.

In 1255 the final Cathar stronghold in southern France falls, eliminating their last refuge since the Roman Catholic Church began the Albigensian Crusade to crush the sect in 1209.

1256 - The number of raindrops i will attempt to catch in my mouth. I'm thirsty and the fridge is far.

In 1258 the Siege of Baghdad ends with a battle in which Hulagu Khan's Mongol forces overrun Baghdad, then the leading center of Islamic culture and learning and capital of the Abbasid Caliphate. They burn the imperial city to the ground, killing as many as 1,000,000 citizens.

In 1260 the Mamluks defeat the Mongols at the Battle of Ain Jalut in Galilee, marking their first decisive defeat and the point of maximum expansion of the Mongol Empire.

1261 - The number of minutes i have been consistently bored for.

In 1262 King Mindaugas of Lithuania renounces Christianity, returning to his pagan roots and reverting to Grand Duke of Lithuania.

1263. United #1263 will zoom you from Washington-Dulles International to Los Angeles International in 5 hours and 5 minutes. Bon voyage.

In 1264 Kublai Khan defeats his brother and pretender to the title of Khagan, or Khan of Khans, Ariq Boke, who surrenders to Kublai and is summarily imprisoned. He dies a year later under mysterious circumstances, possibly by poisoning, but the cause of death is still uncertain. However, this battle essentially marks the end of a unified Mongol Empire.

1266, In this year I held a big party to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Hastings. The party got a bit out of hand, the Police were called and I got an ASBO...

In 1267 the leadership of Vienna forces Jews to wear Pileum cornutum,a cone-shaped head dress, in addition to the yellow badges Jews are already forced to wear.

1268. Pope Clement IV died in November 1268 AD. The election process to find a successor is the longest in Catholic Church history and lasted almost three years until September 1271.

On Novemeber 22nd 1267 a very strong earthquake jolted the historical city of Neishabour in Iran and destroyed it. The city was rebuilt in three years.

1269 - Cobalt times Silver

1270. The cathedral on the Rock of Cashel in Ireland was completed in 1270 AD,

1272 - The first recorded reference is made to the game of cricket.

In 1273 King Otakar II of Bohemia captures Bratislava from Hungary.

1274 Fifth Avenue, New York City, New York

1275 is the number the last post should have been...

Sorry Misty, your post caused a skew in the space-time continuum. I know the feeling, I have been there. ;)

On Novemeber 22nd 1267 a very strong earthquake jolted the historical city of Neishabour in Iran and destroyed it. The city was rebuilt in three years.

So to bring us back in line and to please the Number Gods...

In 1276 while taking exile in Fuzhou in southern China, away from the advancing Mongol invaders, the remnants of the Song Dynasty court hold the coronation ceremony for the young prince Zhao Shi, making him Emperor Duanzong of Song.

• Like 1

1277 - NGC 1277 is a lenticular galaxy in the constellation of Perseus. Located approximately 220 million light years from the Milky Way, it is best known for being the site of an unusually heavy supermassive black hole.

• Like 1

In 1278 at the Battle of Marchfield: Kings Rudolph I of Germany and Ladislaus IV of Hungary defeat King Otakar II of Bohemia in a match of over 80,000 men and the largest battle of knights in the Middle Ages. The battle ends a power struggle between Rudolph and Otakar over the fate of central Europe, and Rudolph's Habsburg family will continue to rule Austria and other captured territories until the end of World War I in 1918.