Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived] Lets Count to a Million (Game)

Bracket

AD 826 Tang Wen Zong succeeds Tang Jing Zong as emperor of China (and locks Aladdin in the jewelled cave!)

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 1

827, the number of sexual harrassment lawsuits file against Captain James T. Kirk.(Stupid Romulan slavegirls)

828 was film Kodak introduced in 1935. 828 is a paper backed unperforated 35mm roll intended to avoid some of the problems with the earlier 35mm perforated film. Used in Kodaks Bantam camera series.

829, the number of times I've seen Big Trouble In Little China.

No, not my favorite flick, which brings me to 831, the number of times I've seen Howard the Duck.

• Like 1

832 question marks as to why ??????????????????????????????????????????????? plus..........why would you watch these movies on repeat if they are not through your own choosing????????????????????

833, the number of people who refuse to understand the comedic genius of either of those 2 movies.

aab0102.jpg

The 834 valve is a VHF transmitting triode on a UX4 base. Its relatives are the VT62 and the M-OV DET12.

As a Class C RF amplifer a single 834 could deliver some 40 plus Watts.

The pressed anode is a finned cylinder and is connected to one top cap. Originally carbon block anodes were used the metal anode being a later introduction. The other top cap connects to the helical grid. The heater and cathode connect to the base. This arrangement keeps the electrode connections away from one another.

The balloon envelope is 62 mm in diameter and, excluding the UX4 base pins, is 140 mm tall.

courtesy of the National Value Museum.

835 Naval Squadron was a carrier-based British air squadron active between 1942 and 1945. Its duties included the very dangerous task of offering protection to the Murmansk convoys.

837, the number of times Blue Star has begged me to move to Wales.

• Like 1

Nightmares maybe.

839, the number of times I get smacked upside the head for mouthing off when I'm around my Grandmother.

Edited by the1truebat

840. TWA Flight #840 was hijacked in August 1969 while en route from Rome to Tel Aviv. There were no fatalities or serious injuries. The aircraft was damaged, but was repaired using a replacement nose section from another, no longer serviceable Boeing 707 and continued to fly until 1980 when it was retired and used for spares.

AD 841 the Norse town of Dyflinn (Dublin) is founded in Ireland

843, the number of times I'm going to ask Mike D boy in what universe does 8 - 4 = 2.

Edited by the1truebat
  • Like 1

Union Pacific 844 is a 4-8-4 steam locomotive owned by Union Pacific Railroad. Built in 1944, it was the last steam locomotive delivered to Union Pacific and is the only steam locomotive never retired by a North American Class I railroad.

74a8f50fe0824649a893098c1a85f55a-95x122.jpg

845 NAVAL AIR SQUADRON

845 Naval Air Squadron Is One Of Two Front-Line Sea King Squadrons Of The Commando Helicopter Force, Which Was Involved In The Navy's Big Deployment To The Mediterranean, Exercise Cougar 2012. This Follows On From Intensive Tasking In The Dry Sands Of Afghanistan, Which Has Seen Our Helicopters Provide Support For Coalition Ground Forces By Day And Night Around Helmand Province, Carrying Troops And Delivering Vital Supplies To Outlying Bases And Evacuating Casualties For Immediate Treatment.

The Squadron, Based At Rnas Yeovilton In Somerset, Consists Of Around 250 Personnel – Pilots, Aircrewmen, Engineers And Technicians Plus Headquarters Staff – Responsible For Ten Sea Kings Mk4S, Split Into Five Flights Of Two Helicopters. 845 Can Deploy En Masse As A Whole Squadron – Or Dispatch Individual Flights (Helicopters, Pilots, Engineers) To Ships Or Exercises Around The World Depending On What Is Required.

Edited by Blue Star

846_Naval_Air_Squadron_Royal_Navy_emblem.png

846 Naval Air Squadron is a squadron of the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm, which operates the Royal Navy's fleet of 170 aircraft. It operates 10 Westland Sea King HC4 helicopters and provides troop transport and load lifting support to 3 Commando Brigade Royal Marines. It will re-equip with ex RAF Merlin HC3 helicopters in 2015. The squadron is based at RNAS Yeovilton in Somerset.

Founded in 1943, the Squadron took part in WWII, Borneo, the Falklands, the Gulf and Afghanistan. During the 1982 Falklands War against Argentina (below), 846 NAS embarked aboard the aircraft carrier HMS Hermes as part of the Royal Navy task force. During the war 846 NAS Sea King’s flew over 2800 hours, completed 10,000 individual troop moves and transported more than 81,600 tonnes of freight.

seakingradstn19.jpg

846 NAS has the nickname "Junglies", which is not to be confused with the British children's TV series of the same name of the early Nineties. Its operations in the jungles of Borneo from the 1960s gave it this name.

Battle Honours: Atlantic 1944, Arctic 1944-5, Norway 1944-5, Normandy 1944-5, Falklands 1982

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

Another hijacking story...

847. TWA #847 was a Trans World Airlines Boeing 727 which was hijacked while en route from Athens to Rome in 1985, having originally taken off from Cairo with London as its scheduled final destination. The ensuing hostage drama went on for two weeks with one fatality, a U.S. Navy diver.

Edited by Titanicneversank

In 848, Máel Sechnaill mac Maíl Ruanaid, King of Mide, defeats a Norse army at Sciath Nechtain, in Ireland.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 1

AD 849 Alfred was born. He would become the only king of the Anglo-Saxons styled as 'the Great'.

From the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle for the year 850, translated from the original Old English into Modern English:

Here Ealdorman Ceorl with Devonshire fought against the heathen men at Wicga's stronghold, and made a great slaughter there and took the victory. And the same year King Athelstan and Dux' Ealhhere struck a great raiding-army at Sandwich in Kent, and captured nine ships, and put the others to flight. And for the first time the heathen men stayed over the winter.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun