Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Catholicism

dazdillinjah

Why do Catholic's continue to always refer to themselves as Christian's ..when they are 2 distinct & different religions ????

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dazdillinjah

• Paranoid Android

• fullywired

• Star of the Sea

umm what?

huh ? I cant pose that question any simpler

ok perhaps this --> how many Christian's do hail mary's or revere a Pope ??

Religions are all the same, they mind program you. They make people do crazy things. Religious people then start living on imagination. Then this imagination can be used to their liking. hate people, kill people, wage war and pay homage to imagination.

Come back to Sun's reality.

Here's an interesting breakdown of all the Christian denominations. Which one is the true Christian faith?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members

Edited by StarMountainKid

Is that what defines Christianity for you? You summerized it into a prayer and presumed reverence of the head of a church. First define what you mean when you use the term, its characteristics, dogma, beliefs etc, then measure & analyze the differences between denominations.

Only God can say which is the true Christian faith.

Here's an interesting breakdown of all the Christian denominations. Which one is the true Christian faith?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members

Thats an excellent link ..thank you very much for that

its still unsettling to me (as a non denominational Christian) that Catholic's dont refer to themselves as what they are but instead use a title that only belonged to them before they created Catholicism

we don't revere a Pope. Do you revere CEOs? That's what the Pope is, he's the CEO of this branch of Christianity.

We pray TO GOD through the Blessed Mary. Saints are paragons, people we can look up to, to model our lives on. Prayers to a saint is asking for specific intervention FROM GOD in a specific style.

Edited by Wearer of Hats

we don't revere a Pope. Do you revere CEOs? That's what the Pope is, he's the CEO of this branch of Christianity.

We pray TO GOD through the Blessed Mary. Saints are paragons, people we can look up to, to model our lives on. Prayers to a saint is asking for specific intervention FROM GOD in a specific style.

I have no disrespect for Catholicism as a religion and am quite happy they have their specific beliefs and doctrines ..I just have always been a little frustrated that they reformed Christianity into their own strict doctrine and yet never do I see any Catholic authority (such as in statements & press releases by the Pope) refer to their religion proudly & assertively as 'Catholic'

I have no disrespect for Catholicism as a religion and am quite happy they have their specific beliefs and doctrines ..I just have always been a little frustrated that they reformed Christianity into their own strict doctrine and yet never do I see any Catholic authority (such as in statements & press releases by the Pope) refer to their religion proudly & assertively as 'Catholic'

Really?

I'm on the inside looking out and the language is all "Christians of the Catholic Denomination" and the like. Especially after Vatican II, which was an attempt at mending ways with Lutherans and Eastern Orthodox etc. The way we practice the Christian faith is in the Catholic manner.

We don't, I admit, that often use Christian and Catholic interchangeably, given that one is the house and the other is the estate it's built on.

For me,Jesus Christ is my religion. I don't know about any other religions.

Then you are a true Christian ..you dont need a Pope to have a relationship with Jesus or God Almighty

congratulations you are to be commended -keep on- keeping on- keeping your "eyes" on christ--insert(polite golf clap)-clap clap- Now for those whom call them selves "Christian" learn the difference between © & © -CHRISTIAN- DONT PUT DOGMA & DOCTRINSE BEFOR CHRIST- see- http://mattroth83.wo...er-to-philippi/ & for the catholic I myself having been where your at concider this the christianity of the days of christ &of the disiples is a far cry from that which you practice,take there example to heart & do as they did -no roserys, no icons,-no statues,no pope,no high honor twords saints for all who claim christ & walk therein are called saints-do not turn ones attention to or twords fellow workers see christ only-- endever to do & listen as he taught & feastdays are meaningless if your honor is tword god in christ 365 days a year all are equal, christ died once & need not do it again every sunday in the host to complet what was completed long agao he can not & will not add to what he did-he doesnt transubstantiate that is a fancy con job-do for once what mary actualy said ,whatever he(jesus) says do) leave her out of it-she did her bit for God king and country,theres no written record of an asumption note the name asumption means they assume-,scapulas are meaningless tokens of idol worship-inlight of jesus is avalable 24/7/365 days a year-hes not hard of hearing and awaits you call directly-no middle persons needed living or dead,its arogant to think a man asumes to take upon themselves what God put in stone the sabath-eternal-was saturday not sunday-but the rub most never consider christ himself became our sabath-there is no spiritual rest apart from him-none can represent or stand in or beside him or you,if one insists on the catholics assumed authority re,transfering the sabath from saturday to sunday then they to hold to prayers & homage & respect to & through otheres,much in the same way they done see that christ is the sabath for they cling to other things -trinkets & murrmering other than -a direct one on one relationship with christ, please any catholic read the authorized cannon-and see what they said -the folks in rome cant save you no matter there directions to you-they can only lead you further from christ with more go betweens,

For me,Jesus Christ is my religion. I don't know about any other religions.

Edited by iamfatfrog

Why do Catholic's continue to always refer to themselves as Christian's ..when they are 2 distinct & different religions ????

I've met some Christians who profess this view and say that (Roman) Catholics are not Christian. I have also met some Christians who have said that they are all Christian. I fall in between somewhere. I think that within the Catholic Church there are many Christians who are sitting on pews and listening to the message of God. But I also think that there are many people in Catholic churches who have been led astray by their extraneous teachings about what is necessary for salvation.

There is no single denomination on earth that can be considered as "God's chosen church". There is not a single denomination that can claim monopoly on truth. Many different churches exist which contain elements of truth. As with any denomination there are people sitting in pews that have accepted Christ's sacrifice as sufficient for salvation, and there are some who have not. In the end, only God can judge....

~ PA

I would have thought from my reading that only Catholics can call themselves Christian,they are the only sect that can claim continuity from Jesus all the rest are sects made up some 1500 years later .look at all the sects there are now, approximately 38ooo according to Google, all claiming to be Christians and all saying "we have differences but we all believe in the core principal" They are not Christians and reading the bible once a week doesn't make you one

fullywired

In the end, only God can judge....

~ PA

To take one little line from your post...I think this simple statement could be the answer to a lot of the questions that pop up on these forums, including many of my own ;)

This wiki link left out the major schism which occurred during the Council of Nicaea when Yeshua ben Joseph was elected god in minority, and all those against it where eliminated, burned killed or outcast-ed in various ways.

I would have thought from my reading that only Catholics can call themselves Christian,they are the only sect that can claim continuity from Jesus all the rest are sects made up some 1500 years later .look at all the sects there are now, approximately 38ooo according to Google, all claiming to be Christians and all saying "we have differences but we all believe in the core principal" They are not Christians and reading the bible once a week doesn't make you one

fullywired

How can you say that when Christianity existed before Catholics reformed and changed things to suit themselves and created Catholicism ..and all the time Christians (from the gospel of Jesus) continued on and remain to this day ? You say Catholicism is the only continuity from Jesus when the Christians survive to this day ?

How can you say that when Christianity existed before Catholics reformed and changed things to suit themselves and created Catholicism ..and all the time Christians (from the gospel of Jesus) continued on and remain to this day ? You say Catholicism is the only continuity from Jesus when the Christians survive to this day ?

I said that catholics are the only ones who can claim any continuity from jesus and I use the word catholic in it's meaning of universal .

I do say that catholics are the only ones to survive today ,the rest are made up religions dating from the sixteenth century ,

fullywired

fullywired

No sory ..Christianity (which arose from the Gospel of Jesus) was always there from the beginning .. Catholicism was a made up fanatical sect so fanatical they made a Pope (representing God on Earth) they started confessions & hail mary's and etc all the signs of a fanatical sect

Good on them though ..they have the right to believe & practice whatever they want to

But to call themselves Christians & hide behind the fact they are Catholics is a very great sin

I guess they lie & call themselves christians to try & forget about the grand inquisition period

I said that catholics are the only ones who can claim any continuity from jesus and I use the word catholic in it's meaning of universal .

I do say that catholics are the only ones to survive today ,the rest are made up religions dating from the sixteenth century ,

fully wired

Yes Fully Wired that's correct - also, so many people (especially some other Christian denominations) challenge and rebuke the Catholic church for it's teachings and doctrine. What I find frustrating is the amount of myths and misunderstanding's about Catholicism . Perhaps it may be more helpful for people to educate themselves on Catholic doctrine and dogma before commenting - and then discuss it in a reasonable and respectful manner.

I don't judge anyone's right to claim that they are 'Christian'..... for who am I to say that they are not?

No sory ..Christianity (which arose from the Gospel of Jesus) was always there from the beginning .. Catholicism was a made up fanatical sect so fanatical they made a Pope (representing God on Earth) they started confessions & hail mary's and etc all the signs of a fanatical sect

Good on them though ..they have the right to believe & practice whatever they want to

But to call themselves Christians & hide behind the fact they are Catholics is a very great sin

I guess they lie & call themselves christians to try & forget about the grand inquisition period

No ,I think they are the original christians ,Which of the 38000 sects do you belong to ? you dont'seem to be exhibiting any christian values . Your not a Westboro baptist are you ?

fullywired

and the Popes 'Inter Cetera' bill of 1493 circa brought about the demise of many great cultures and allowed the raping & pillaging of the lands and the people ...Catholic Devils

and the Popes 'Inter Cetera' bill of 1493 circa brought about the demise of many great cultures and allowed the raping & pillaging of the lands and the people ...Catholic Devils

All nice Christian sentiments

fullywired

All nice Christian sentiments

fullywired

Typical Catholic reply ...blame it on Christians ....hey Christians dont have a Pope

So how could the 'Inter Cetera Bill' be from Christians ??? easy its not ..its from Catholics

and the Grand Inquisition will also be blamed upon Christians but ..HELLO no the Catholics done all that