Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earth's shift adds a 13th Zodiac sign [merged x2]

SV-001

I did a little research and its technically a different zodiac, the one we are used to is the tropic zodiac and that stays the same it is set to seasons, this one is called sidereal it is set up differently, as is the Chinese zodiac. don't get upset. look it up on cnn.com

Wow, everyone calm down about being changed. lol I think it counts on the one you where born on at the time. So unless you where born after the change then you still technically are the same star sign. I'm sure that is how it would work.

Yes, that is how it would work.

However, everyone alive was "born after the change." This is not a new thing, though I can see how people that think there is anything at all to astrology might think this is new.

No, the precession of the Earth changed the signs a thousand (or more) years ago.

I really am nothing like Aries, I was born a Taurus and I can tell you right now that when I read the star sign a couple of years back I was really shocked to find that it actually described me and my traits. I think there is somehting in the star sign thing as it';s based on when you where born etc which could cause people to be different. I think the new star signs only apply to those who are born now that they have changed.

These particular pieces of hokum are called "Sun signs," not "star signs."

Harte

I refuse to give up my status of capricorn! It suited me well for the first 31yrs and will do just fine for the next! (Jan 19)

I heard it only counts to people past 2009, being born that is.

Plus, being the 'serpent-bearer' isn't exactly a good thing as three of the main personality attributes are selfishness, greed and jealous ;)

Like Moonshine i heard it only counts for people born after 2009 but I heard that from someone and cannot find confirmation anywhere else on the internet so does anyone have a source that either confirms or denies that? This would take me from a Scorpio to a Virgo pretty opposite! I am so bummed because i used to enjoy following my sign and had a little belief in it but the vast differences between my old sign and new signs makes me think it's all B.S. who ever came up with the stole my astrological innocence.

Grr. I'm quite happy with the change. I was born as Leo and then dates changed by one turning me into a Virgo D: And now I am Leo again <33

Well, from what I have heard selfishness, greed and jealousy are three main attributes. Best having a look yourself on Google.

Well, from what I have heard selfishness, greed and jealousy are three main attributes. Best having a look yourself on Google.

Plus, being the 'serpent-bearer' isn't exactly a good thing as three of the main personality attributes are selfishness, greed and jealous ;)

I think all signs seem to have positive and negative traits.

Anyway have you got a link for where you read this. It would be interesting to read.

The one I found said this below.

•Seeker of peace and wisdom

•Attractor of good luck and jealousy

•Interpreter of dreams

•One who reaches for the stars

Link

Another Link

"many jealous of this subject".

It also says something about Imhotep which is interesting timing for me because I had a dream the other night where I was in his pyramid and I didnt know they were connected.

*edit (thought I might as well post the dream now so here is a link to it.. Link )

Edited by Kazahel

Well, it is a serpent? If you think about it all zodiac signs... The.. Umm.. Animals? Character? Symbolism? Of it normally relates to the picture :l Sorry, can't find the right descriptive word... Help? :P

Oh goody, greed, selfishness and jealousy. This 13th sign doesnt sound good at all

Well from what I can tell its attracting jealousy. Which I think means people get jealous of them. You can see that in the links I gave. And I havent seen any links to what else she is claiming with greed or selfishness.. It didnt say that in the ones I found via google.

"Attractor of good luck and jealousy"

"many jealous of this subject"

"Many people are envious of this subject as he progresses well throughout life.

Many people are jealous of this person" (Another Link)

These are quotes above from the links.

Well, it is a serpent? If you think about it all zodiac signs... The.. Umm.. Animals? Character? Symbolism? Of it normally relates to the picture :l Sorry, can't find the right descriptive word... Help? :P

So you couldnt find the links to where you read what you claimed Moonshine?..

Oh I see now you heard it from someone else. But yes I agree.. best having a look yourself. ;)

Edited by Kazahel

Also from what I can tell its actually a man holding a serpent..

Link

According to Roman era mythography,[8] the figure represents the healer Asclepius, who learned the secrets of keeping death at bay after observing one serpent bringing another healing herbs. To prevent the entire human race from becoming immortal under Asclepius' care, Zeus killed him with a bolt of lightning, but later placed his image in the heavens to honor his good works.
Edited by Kazahel

That Eastern astrologers use the Sidereal zodiac (drawing their charts based on the actual backdrop of constellations astronomers now see in the sky), and Western astrologers, the Tropical zodiac (a zodiac constructed symbolically and numerically, by dividing the space around the earth into sectors of 30 degree “spaces where the forces of creation morph into qualities and functions”) is also standard knowledge.

western astrologers “allegorically” refer to zones of celestial activity (that happen to have the names of the constellations). These zones are called Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces and are represented by the Ram, Bull, Twins and Crab etc, because the qualities of these animals symbolize these cosmic principles not because they are physically near the constellations by the same names.

According to the mythos of Greek or Western Astrology, the Sun acts as a middle man, bringing in the cosmic forces from the Galaxy and streams the energies into 12 zones, like 12 cosmic energy portals that the Earth passes through on its trip around the Sun. The planets focus these energies and step the galactic forces down even more and bring them into our earthly experience.

Quoted from an article on Examiner.com: A Twitter scandal: Why your zodiac sign has NOT changed - National Holistic Science & Spirit | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/holistic-science-spirit-in-national/a-twitter-scandal-why-your-zodiac-sign-has-not-changed

i know i am a dramatic, selfish, stubburn, capricorn i really don't believe this new change to a philosophical open minded traveller sagitarius is any right... where did this come from anyway

Alot of people in the media are making it sound like these constellations were just discovered. And trying to make this a death nail for Astrology as far as it being valid or pure entertainment.

A significant thing to point out however is that the Babylonians were well aware that there were more constellations but purposely ommited them because they were deemed not neccessary. And they even made matters worse and mroe confusing. So the Babylonians settled on 12 signs of the zodiac, as they worked.

Sincerely,

:devil:

What a load of crap. People are such alarmists. Please educate yourselves about the SIDERAL zodiac and the WESTERN zodiac before you lose your sense of self.

Sooo...does this mean that people born on Nov. 29th are both scorpio AND ophiuchus??

btw, Libra>Virgo... my new sign fits me more^_^

im curious....how long have the stars been this way??? does it only apply to people born recently or did the change happen years ago?