Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs in NASA's own imagery

SolarPlexus

STS088-724-65.JPG

STS088-724-66.JPG

STS088-724-67.JPG

STS088-724-68.JPG

STS088-724-69.JPG

STS088-724-70.JPG

Enjoy!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaise

• Boe

• SolarPlexus

• TheMcGuffin

Top Posters In This Topic

After viewing the first couple, I was thinking space debris.. However, the last two snaps you posted are much more intriguing.. I'll be paying extra-close attention to this thread! :)

I agree, Space Debris, but i disagree that the last two images show something different. Still just looks like debris to me.

I agree, Space Debris, but i disagree that the last two images show something different. Still just looks like debris to me.

Could definitely be, but there seems to be a bit of a 'metallic' glare on the last two, particularly the second to last one.. What to you think?

Could definitely be, but there seems to be a bit of a 'metallic' glare on the last two, particularly the second to last one.. What to you think?

well i had a look at the video posted(720p, Thanks Boe) there is much more detail but i still dont see anything that screams Aliens or Experimental Craft. Im sticking with Metallic Space Debris of an Earthly origin, one thing that lets me down is i have no idea what it could be exactly.

uess you can say i have doubt in my own answer lol

Edited by Vaise

More.

STS61C-31-3.jpg

STS61C-31-2.jpg

STS035-72-58.jpg

STS035-72-57.jpg

STS61C-37-47.jpg

ISS008-E-14290.jpg

ISS008-E-14288.jpg

Enjoy!

The triangle object in the first 2 images is interesting, you can see Shadow so its 3 dimensional could maybe have something there but once again, im not 100% sure of what kind of space debris we have up there it must be like a junk heap by now.

The Cigar shaped image is also interesting not too sure about that one :unsure:

Could some be pieces of ice broken off the shuttle? Thats pretty common I hear.

Could some be pieces of ice broken off the shuttle? Thats pretty common I hear.

more than plausible :yes:

Last 2 pics I feel resemble flying solar wings.

Anyone have a link to the pic at NASA? What does NASA say?

Edited by psyche101

It says nothing... unfortunately

OH DAMN it actually says: space debris

Edited by Boe

Who cares ... :lol:

STS088-724-65.JPG

STS088-724-66.JPG

STS088-724-67.JPG

STS088-724-68.JPG

STS088-724-69.JPG

STS088-724-70.JPG

Enjoy!

Aren't those supposed to be pictures of Sky Thing in 1959-60, the unexplained satellite that someone later said had been in orbit a very long time, and was causing echoes in radio signals?

Here is all the NASA pics, labelled as space debris: LINK

Boe makes a catch and the crowd goes wild

Nicely caught, space debris it is.

Aren't those supposed to be pictures of Sky Thing in 1959-60, the unexplained satellite that someone later said had been in orbit a very long time, and was causing echoes in radio signals?

These are from 1998 and 2004 missions.

sky thing? whats this about?

These are from 1998 and 2004 missions.

I am a little unclear on the history of the so-called "mystery satellites", that were supposedly seen for the first time in the 1950s--even before Sputnik.

The one called Sky Thing in 1959-60 was a spherical object, as I recall, then there were sightings of a much larger Black Knight satellite in polar orbit, which Jacques Vallee claimed weighed over 15 tons.

It's hard to find much information about these. Which one was allegedly from Epsilon Bootes and started sending out signals in the 1920s?

http://www.alien-ufos.com/conspiracy-theories/26063-black-knight.html

I am a little unclear on the history of the so-called "mystery satellites", that were supposedly seen for the first time in the 1950s--even before Sputnik.

The one called Sky Thing in 1959-60 was a spherical object, as I recall, then there were sightings of a much larger Black Knight satellite in polar orbit, which Jacques Vallee claimed weighed over 15 tons.

It's hard to find much information about these. Which one was allegedly from Epsilon Bootes and started sending out signals in the 1920s?

http://www.alien-ufos.com/conspiracy-theories/26063-black-knight.html

hmm ive not heard of this before interesting thank you for bringing it to my attention

Ive heard of the black knight satellite, but havent gotten the full story on it. Thanks for the link :)

sky thing? whats this about?

That's one of the so-called "mystery satellites" first picked up on radar and by astronomers in 1959-60--although some claimed to have seen it even earlier, in 1953 and 1957. There were reports of others, too, even before Sputnik.

It's hard to find much information about any of them, although one report had it that they were investigated by Lincoln LaPaz and Clyde Tombaugh--too very well-known scientists who had had their own UFO sightings and were always very interested in the subject.

LaPaz was involved in Project Twinkle in the 1940s, investigating the "green fireballs" in New Mexico, which he insisted were not meteors at all but some kind of artifically constructed craft. Roswell buffs also claimed that he was there investigating the big crash of 1947...if you believe in that sort of thing.

I do wish that someone would try to find Prof. LaPaz's papers and see if there is any UFO stuff in them. His specialty was meteorites, which is why he kept getting called in on all the big UFO investigations, including Sky Thing and the Black Knight.

LINK

Its funny how some photos have "SPACE DEBRIS?" with a question mark next to it :lol:

As if they too dont know what it is

Sure looks like debris to me.

The triangle object in the first 2 images is interesting, you can see Shadow so its 3 dimensional could maybe have something there but once again, im not 100% sure of what kind of space debris we have up there it must be like a junk heap by now.

The Cigar shaped image is also interesting not too sure about that one :unsure:

Agreed the triangle and cylinder shaped ones look like UFOs we've seen before but the others seem to resemble space junk and look like no known UFO type I've seen described or in photographs before... but then again, I could be wrong :) nice post and pictures non the less O.P. thanks