Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] What are your favorite video games?

DCFan

Still my favorite game is Blackthorne on Super Nintendo.

Panzer Dragoon Orta

Jet Set Radio Future

Makes me miss my Xbox

Doesn't it, though? Ugh, I'm glad that the two of those are backwards compatible on the 360.

Batman: Arkham City is my #1 right now. Masterpiece of a game, so much like the Animated series except geared towards adults, spectacular game!

Batman: Arkham City is my #1 right now. Masterpiece of a game, so much like the Animated series except geared towards adults, spectacular game!

Have to agree, its an amazingly fun game that i havent been able to put down since release, i worked my butt off just to get too see riddler in the flesh so to speak ^^

Paradroid

Starcraft 1 & 2

Star Trek DS9 - The Fallen, Bridge Commander, Elite Force 1 & 2

System Shock 1 & 2

Thief 1,2,3

Doom 1,2,3

Quake 1,2,3,4

C&C series

Deus EX 1,2,3

Battlefield 1942, bf2, bcbf2, bf3

Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Crysis 2.

IL2-1946

Ghost Recon, Graw 1 & 2

Immortals of Terra: A Perry Rhodan Adventure

Monkey Island Series

Pro Evolution Soccer Series

Half Life Series

Unreal Series

Hidden & Dangerous 1 & 2

Far Cry 1 & 2

rfactor

Section 8 Series

Star Wars Jedi Knight 1,2, SWKOTOR 1 & 2

Halo 1 & 2

Transport Tycoon (Where did my Life go) Needs a reboot

Alpha Centauri (Took years off my life).

I would say System Shock is the most enjoyable game I've ever played, with Deus Ex a close second.

Edited by AI Construct

Deus Ex, the original. That was just fantastic.

Yeah, Deus Ex is definitely in the hall of fame. Still playing it with all the mods and HD textures. You'll probably like the new Syndicate game that is coming out. About time it was brought up to date. I loved both Syndicate and Syndicate Wars.

Have to agree, its an amazingly fun game that i havent been able to put down since release, i worked my butt off just to get too see riddler in the flesh so to speak ^^

Wow, nice! I heard you have to get 400 riddler trophys to fight him, is that right? I have 366 with Batman, and 2 with Catwoman, do I need to get 400 with him, and 40 with her to enable the fight?

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Riddlers Hideout became available for me around 400, you don't need to gather any of cat womans to face him in total there are a total of 440 challenges in game including catwomans. Im looking forward to the Nightwing DLC ^^ Also not long till SKyrim comes out thats gunna be the end of my social life :)

Edited by Vaise

Riddlers Hideout became available for me around 400, you don't need to gather any of cat womans to face him in total there are a total of 440 challenges in game including catwomans. Im looking forward to the Nightwing DLC ^^ Also not long till SKyrim comes out thats gunna be the end of my social life :)

Weird! I have all the trophys with Batman that I can find. I cleared out all areas of the map(s). Do you get riddler trophy's outside of the game in the riddler challenges? Maybe that's why I can't seem to get to 400. :(

Weird! I have all the trophys with Batman that I can find. I cleared out all areas of the map(s). Do you get riddler trophy's outside of the game in the riddler challenges? Maybe that's why I can't seem to get to 400. :(

All challenges are done Within Arkham City, So park row, Amusement mile, steel mill and museum so on so forth. Maybe you have to progress a little in the main story before the hideout opens, i did all this after i finished main story. Ill link a great and useful guide for any riddle you may get bamboozled on ^^

Arkham City The Riddler Guide

All challenges are done Within Arkham City, So park row, Amusement mile, steel mill and museum so on so forth. Maybe you have to progress a little in the main story before the hideout opens, i did all this after i finished main story. Ill link a great and useful guide for any riddle you may get bamboozled on ^^

Arkham City The Riddler Guide

Wow, thanks man! Much appreciated! I've finished the main story arc, and all the other side missions, I just can't seem to figure out how I'm missing 36 trophys. There must be a couple of areas I'm overlooking I guess. Hmm, maybe I'll play through again on new game + with your guide to see if I can figure out where the rest of them are. :tu:

New game plus seems way more fun, especially the Mister freeze fight. Enjoy ^^

x box , fifa, cod 4, gears,

pc, total war medieval, rollercoaster tycoon, wow,

wii , mario cart :wub:

x box , fifa, cod 4, gears,

pc, total war medieval, rollercoaster tycoon, wow,

wii , mario cart :wub:

oops how could i forget resident evil, :blush:

Yeah, Deus Ex is definitely in the hall of fame. Still playing it with all the mods and HD textures. You'll probably like the new Syndicate game that is coming out. About time it was brought up to date. I loved both Syndicate and Syndicate Wars.

Agreed,Its been far too long! This seems to be yet another great title

I'm kind of digging the new LotR War in the North game. It's a lot like Baldur's Gate, except way more modernized and fun. Grab a couple buddies, some beer, and hack some orcs. It's pretty fun. :tu:

LOTRWITN isent out for another 4 days here, its looking pretty good ill probley pick it up, got to get my comic sub paid for first.

Edited by Vaise

LOTRWITN isent out for another 4 days here, its looking pretty good ill probley pick it up, got to get my comic sub paid for first.

Man I've been playing that game, it's awesome! I love every minute of it. It's a great coop, but fun as single player too.

My favorites are:

Deus Ex

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Witcher 2

Dragon Age Origins

Dragon Age 2

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Just Cause 2

Infamous

Infamous 2

Uncharted 2

Tekken

NFS Hot Pursuit 2010

Devil May Cry 3

Devil May Cry 4

COD: Modern Warfare

COD: Modern Warfare 2

COD: Black Ops

Dead RIsing 2

Dirt 2

Starrcraft

GTA: VIce CIty

GTA III

GTA: Vice City Stories (PSP)

Silent Hill: Origins (PSP)

F.E.A.R

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

Halo 2

Halo 3

The Legend of Zelda: A link to the past

Metal Gear Solid 2

Metal Gear Solid 4

God of War 3

God of War: Chains of Olympus

Heavenly Sword

Assassins Creed 2

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 4

Crysis 2

Killzone

Wow, this is a massive question, even for people such as myself who aren't the biggest gamers around. Some of my favourites are:

Halo series (particularly 1 and 2)

Elder Scrolls series (I didn't play 1 or 2, but the others are awesome and I can't wait for Skyrim to come out)

Monkey Island series

Shadow of the Beast (part 1 primarily, the game play now is outdated, but it was revolutionary for the time, and the music is still some of the most atmospheric I have come across)

Star Wars, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 (loved finding all the Secret Areas)

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2

Starcraft (haven't played Starcraft 2 yet, so I cannot comment but I hear good things)

Warcraft series

Unreal Tournament (original version)

Assassin's Creed 2

Probably many more that I can't actually recall. And for nostalgia's sake, I have to include some of the childhood favourites, even if they aren't as great:

Rick Dangerous 1 and 2 (youtube search makes the SFX to be much more annoying than I remember)

Rainbow Islands (the theme music will not get out of my head now)

Canon Fodder (love the intro music)

There was this pirate game on ps1 that I used to play. It took place strictly in pirate ships that the player could control and sail around. The ships had cannons, and you could attack towns, and other ships of other famous pirates and add their ships to your fleet. It was a really cool game, and a lot of fun. I can't remember the name though. >_<

There was this pirate game on ps1 that I used to play. It took place strictly in pirate ships that the player could control and sail around. The ships had cannons, and you could attack towns, and other ships of other famous pirates and add their ships to your fleet. It was a really cool game, and a lot of fun. I can't remember the name though. >_<

I don't know about the ps1, but if you go back a bit earlier to earlier technologies (Sega Megadrive/Genesis, possibly), there was a game simply called "Pirates" (Full title "Sid Meier's Pirates", or in some cases "Pirates Gold!"). It was released for several platforms (including the Megadrive/Genesis). I played it on my old Amiga back in the early-mid 90's. This game pretty much covers everything you are referring to. Not sure if it's what you were thinking of, but it's worth a look if you might have been mistaken about the console. Check the video and see how close it is? The first video is of the Amiga, the second one for the Megadrive (or Genesis, if that's what it's called in your part of the world). Both videos have long intros, but they do give you an idea of what the game is about.

edit: incidentally, a remake of the game was released for PC/PSP/Xbox/Xbox360/Wii in 2004. But it was never released on the ps1 Not sure if that's the one you're thinking of though

Edited by Paranoid Android

Thanks guys! Yeah, it was Shipwreckers! Loved that game, was so much fun. I never plaed Sid Meier's Pirates, I'll check that one out though, looks kind of like an rpg in a way, that's definitely interesting. :tu: