Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing the virgin mary

moonstar5

well since you and your girlfriend arent working so well and you saw a beautiful lady then its telling something to you

Maybe Mary was eagerly concerned that I stay away from that girl who I was feeling so down about that night, cause she's already been divorce twice and she... I won't say anymore. :no:

But lets get back to what i experienced that night, it was holy and magical but it also scared the **** out of me too.

Whether or not it was her that appeared before me that night, I still feel very blessed to have manifested her image. It's a once in a life time thing...don't think it'll ever happen again.

Edited by moonstar5

It's a once in a life time thing...don't think it'll ever happen again.

I am going to say nicely it probably didnt happen the first time either.

Every picture I have ever seen of Jesus or Mary, they look awfully caucasion. In fact they were from The middle east right? I doubt Mary looked anything like the statues or paintings. Unless of course white people migrated there and became Jews.

Edited by Seeker79

have u ever done drugs? even if u quit theres still a risk in the future out of no where u will get hallucinations like that. if u havent then you've gotten your responses on here, no ones going to really beleive in just your word, so if just you know for sure it happened to you, look for other people online who its happened to, or just keep it in you, cus if theres no evidence; these replies will most likely keep being the same ones.

edit: theires a bunch of diff virgins appearantly it was the virgin of Fatima the one your talkin about

Edited by Aubrienne_Ellyrias

have u ever done drugs? even if u quit theres still a risk in the future out of no where u will get hallucinations like that. if u havent then you've gotten your responses on here, no ones going to really beleive in just your word, so if just you know for sure it happened to you, look for other people online who its happened to, or just keep it in you, cus if theres no evidence; these replies will most likely keep being the same ones.

edit: theires a bunch of diff virgins appearantly it was the virgin of Fatima the one your talkin about

I'm not going to argue with your theory either, because honestly I have done drugs before. I've smoked weed and tried acids a few times before, but this is way way back in highschool. I'm not into drugs or anything like that, I just did it few times with friends for fun during my high school years. I've not smoke or try anything for over 10 something years before this incident happened. Even if it just drug side affect, it's still very weird and amazing.

You brought up some good points and reasonings.

Honestly I am struggling really hard to keep up with myself and my faith. Maybe Mary was there, to remind/help me to keep believing and keep following my faith.

Or maybe she appeared to inspire you to follow a different path. God lives within everyone. The Light of God is dark (dimmed/obscured by low vibration) in some and brilliant (able to radiate more noticeable due to higher vibration) in others with most vibrating somewhere inbetween the extremes. Go within you to connect with God and ask for guidance and direction in this and all life matters. There is no need to be begging or needy, speak to God as you would to someone you are familiar with in a friendly, easy, respectful manner.

Mary may have appeared to you so you would write about the experience in this forum thereby being exposed to varying perspectives on the subject that you ordinarily would not have had in your daily world. Your Indwelling GodCore is the only true source of wisdom, knowledge, guidance, protection, power, energy, inspiration and creativity. Perhaps this is what you need to know. To connect with your Inner Divine you must be in a neutral state so you can connect with the Light within you.

Religions teach that God judges us and metes out punishment but this is not true. Only humans judge. It is impossible for God to do so as a neutral Divine Energy Being. All judgments and punishments are humanity's creations and humanity must bear the consequences of each judgment.

When we become neutral inside we are able to connect with God. Any extreme emotion prevents this connection such as: fear, hysterical joy, judgment, anger, jealousy, violent thoughts, thrill seeking, low self esteem, sense of entitlement, caffeine ridden energy drinks, refusal to accept what is, expectations of yourself and others and/or even too delirious (overly fervant) prayer. Anything that activates the adrenaline glands to spew out cortisol prevents one from being able to go into the neutral state. Neutrality is the absence of extreme emotion. This does not dehumanize you, it allows you to be a living channel for God to work through you into the outer world to do what needs to be done without your inteference (ego). In fact, whilst in the neutral state, the "bigger picture" becomes apparent so your awareness is increased and you are able to be of more service.

Intuition is your God-Guidance force. Learn to recognize it and to obey without hesitation. Having said that if you feel compelled to hesitate it could be because you are confusing intuition with something else then the guidance would be corrupt. Should you feel compelled to second-guess the intuition immediately then it is best not to follow it. In such a case it is best to calm yourself, go into neutral and directly ask the God within you for guidance and direction.

As I mentioned, you may never know why Mary appeared to you but think of this: Immediately your life, your perception, was altered forever. Think about it.

Bye for now,

E.

Edited by Elderlight

It did happened, real or not it happened.

"real or not, it happened?"

Ok, it wasnt real. But it happened :yes:

You can't trust those european painter's archetype image of Mary - if Mary existed as a flesh and blood person of history, she would have been arabic in appearance, and her clothes would have been dusty and basic. She would not have been white and dressed like a 13th century italian nun.

OP was half asleep and their brain tricked them into seeing what is arguably an artistic trope. May as well have seen dangermouse.

• Like 1

Pity there wasn't an eight day?

And on the eight day He said: Let there be digital camera`s, video camera`s and voice recorders AND THERE WAS!

THAT would have solved loads of problems :innocent:

First of all, I'm really glad I found this site, cause I wanted to share my experience and get some feedbacks.

Tell me if what I've experienced is something paranormal, holy, or just my mind playing tricks on me.

My writing is not too good so bare with me.

One saturday evening i was feeling kind a down and tire basically cause things weren't working out between me and this girl who I've been seeing. I decided to go to bed early at around 10 pm. Later on, it felt like something sort of woke me up at around 1am. I was pretty upset over it because it was too early on and wished it had been 6am already instead. When I woke up, I looked around my bedroom and then I looked at my clock to know it was only around 1am in morning. My room was slightly illuminated with moon light coming through the window cause I have left the shade half way up and I could just tell there was a full moon out that night. I then thought I was going to get up, turned my computer on and surf the net cause I didn't feel sleepy anymore. As I was about to get up, I saw this dark scary figure standing by my bedroom door. I thought It must be my eyes playing with me, I blinked a few times and looked at it again, and surely the figure was still there in the dark and standing there. I started to panic and get scared cause I thought I was seeing a ghost! But I still didn't want to believed it so this time I blinked and squinted my eyes even harder hoping this dark scary figure would disappear. But this time what I saw shocked me, amazed me, and freighten me even more...this dark scary figure suddenly turned into The Virgin Mary . She was very beautiful, flawless and glowing with lights shinning down on her. But she wasn't moving at all, she was very still like a statue and in a praying position with both hands palmed together at her chest. My hearted start pounding harder and harder as I stared at her and my eyes was as wide as they can get. The only thing I could do at the moment was too keep staring at her to see what's to come next. But then she just slowly dissapated and I found myself staring at my towel which was hanging on my bedroom door knob. I was pretty shakin and had to slowly and cautiously get myself out of bed fearing something else might happened, but nothing else happened.

I am not a christian, Jesus Christ is not my religion but i do respect it...nor do I pray to Jesus or Mary, let alone even think of them for that matter. Why would this happened to me or is it just my mind playing a sick trick on me? That experience was so real and deep, wish you all could experienced it too.

Are you sure it's Virgin Mary? She could be Lady Buddah.

Like I've stated above, I've seen what Mary looks like just as many you have too, thru movies, status, etc. And what I saw that night was her...it was exactly like a flawless beautiful statue of her with the robe over her head as well.

And what makes you think that Virgin Mary looks exactly like in movies, statues etc.? They are just movies and statues. I bet that when Virgin Mary did live, no one made a single sketch from her what was later used as and sketch for future sculpturing, icons, etc.

i was feeling kind a down and tire -- I was pretty upset over it because it was too early on and wished it had been 6am already instead.

You were stressed, felt down and upset. Good start for explanation.

When I woke up, I looked around my bedroom -- I didn't feel sleepy anymore. The only thing I could do at the moment was too keep staring at her to see what's to come next.

Lucid dreams and sleep paralyzis could start this way. Did you move at any point when you "woke up" or just lay down? Could you move?

But then she just slowly dissapated and I found myself staring at my towel which was hanging on my bedroom door knob.

Ta-daa, explanation! Stress, awaken but not fully aware about surroundings, just overreacting imagination.

I was pretty shakin and had to slowly and cautiously get myself out of bed fearing something else might happened, but nothing else happened.

Because I suppose from that point you were already fully awake.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

This year around the same time January. I was tired and told my wife I was going to bed. I never sleep early, but this night I felt very tired. My wife was putting my 2 year old son to sleep. I looked at the clock and it was 9:50pm. I closed my eyes and imidiately fell asleep. For some reason I opened my eyes and turned to my right and saw a pitch black figure standing in front of the bedroom window, I thought it was my wife. I sat up from the bed and notice how black the figure was, it stood in front of my window. I stood up real fast and stared at it for 10 seconds, the only thing between me and this figure was my bed. All of a sudden it began to illuminate, and I could see now how it looked. It looked just like the virgin Mary, like a statue with her eyes closed and hands together. I started walking backwards and she faded away. I yelled for my wife and she walked in, she asked me what was wrong with me calling her. I

Didn't know what to say but " I think I saw the virgin Mary"! Lol I kept this to myself for a long time. I decided to do research and found this story. You are not the only one. People can say what the want, this was my experience and I was wide awake. I think people try their best to question or come up with an answer because they never experienced something like this. Say what you want, know what I saw! And yes there is a reason why.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Alright I've been looking for someone who has seen the Virgin Mary for a long time. I believe that you did see the Virgin Mary because I have too. First of all people who don't believe what your saying and say umm maybe you were asleep or blah blah blah that's typically cus thats never happen to them case closed.

I saw the Virgin Mary and its just how you described it like her figure in most paintings. When I was going home one night I parked my car on the parking lot of some apartments I used to live with. I was listening to a song on the radio that I liked so I was waiting inside of my car til the song finished. There was a light post in front of my car shining down at me. I don't know what made me look up but something drew me to look up where the light post was. Next thing you know a weird water mist started forming up in the air under the light and then a cloak started flowing around the water blob to best describe it. The cloak was blue and yellow not green and red but blue and yellow. All of a sudden her body formed her face everything and her skin looked like snow sparkly skin. She had her face tilted to the right like most paintings. Now remember this is probably in the course of 10 seconds or a bit more. When I couldn't believe what I was seeing and pushed my head closer to the steering wheel she shifted her eyes straight at me directly into my eyes pupil to pupil. I then snapped out of it and got frightened and quickly turned the car off and got out the car closed the door and walked to my apartment really fast without looking back. I didn't tell anybody about this til a week later I told my mom cus she's Catholic. She told me that she was trying to tell me something important. But what that is I don't know all I know is that I've been different ever since and that I do believe that there are things like destiny or premonitions. Ever since then I've had real vivid dreams about future events why me I don't know. I also feel that she came to me maybe to let me know that I wasn't alone because I've always been a loner I really don't like people not because I'm an ass I just don't trust people so I rather not make friends much. I do have a good heart and I've been threw a lot. Maybe you can also answer that question for yourself why you saw the Virgin Mary.

People could have many different visions. But, not all of them must be real beings. You could try meditation about and maybe you recognize the reality.

I don't know because if it was my imagination then how can I imagine the Virgin Mary rather then the devil or Jesus figures that are mostly common. I don't know but I truly believe that there is a reason why people in the past depict images of certain things over and over again. There's a reasson for everything. I'll let you know about a secret I had a dream about 911 before it happened, if you don't believe me get my school records I wasn't present that day and I never missed school during that time.I knew that buildings were going to blow up and my mom got p***ed off cus I told her and she thought I was nuts. When she left to drop off my little bro I was sitting ion the couch watching TV then boom a live forecast of the twin towers. My mom was shocked and til this day she thinks it was prophesy. Don't believe well I'm not the only one thats had this happen to them there are countless reports. Now people that have seen Virgin Mary are u going to say that no all these people are wrong don't think so.

• 4 months later...

so I'm laying in my bed my mind's wandering as it usually is. I'm starting to regret sleeping in until 1 pm today but I decide to let my thought drift. I'm thinking hard about morality and right vs wrong. I'm contemplating God and love, and I'm praying to God. I do that sometimes, It's pretty normal for a catholic. I don't ask God for much only to protect those dear to me. Anyways I start contemplating Adam and Eve and I'm thinking about pretty hard. I'm not sure in what order exactly because at this point i ts 5:40 am and i've been contemplating God religion how to be better, good vs evil, love I've watched some long crouching tiger hidden dragon type filmm which did make me cry at the end and I'm pondering hard on the implications of love. Anyways I'm laying in bed, and no I am not afraid of the dark , but anyways It's dark really dark and we all know shadows right well this was not a shadow. lol I start to see this light just a light, it blinks then it disappears. I keep thinking the light is blinking. I continue thinking light still blinks. I'm like ohhhh goood! now I have to wonder about this light. I ignore it as if it's anything negative i don't wanna bring any attention to it. Negative things usually disappear quick but here's the light blinking and blinking. I'm not at afraid of the light and I try to flim it . Light goes away I figure doesn't wanna be filmed okay, lets not get paranormal activity up in my room right now. Phone dies. Okay cool. Light starts blinking....I'm not at all scared. I start staring at it I see that it looks like the outline of the virgin mary. I can tell because of the viel outline figure recognizable only if just in a blink of a light. I decide to talk to the light i say after thinking its the virgin mary I decide to say blink once for yes and two for no , Are you the virgin mary one blink . Okay I think I start to pray I ask her to bless us. After a series of questions we establish that I shouldn't slow down in my life.My child will be a boy, I am not doing the best I could be doing, and I will be better. I turned the light on as my dad was waking up but i'm guessing ill be seeing her again. Now I like the next intellect could have a strong level of skepticism but the truth is the believer in me feels like the virgin is here to heal the world. Amen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

I just had a similar experience happen last night weird 10 years later after you experienced it. I saw virgin Mary's shadow praying I just knew in my gut it was her. I was awake though feeding my baby and trying to get him to sleep. Very strange experience but I knew i didn’t need to be afraid because I believe in God and pray religiously! 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2011 at 7:36 AM, White Crane Feather said:

I think you would be surprised at how much we do agree on. I was once an inteligent young skeptic in college to. Add a another few layers of life and experience.

I have yet to see a mind & temperment like yours that has not turned spiritual as it got older. Remember that twenty

years from now and come find me so I can say I told you so. :)

Wow look at this necro thread hahah well it’s been ten years anyway. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 3:26 AM, Brose said:

I just had a similar experience happen last night weird 10 years later after you experienced it. I saw virgin Mary's shadow praying I just knew in my gut it was her. I was awake though feeding my baby and trying to get him to sleep. Very strange experience but I knew i didn’t need to be afraid because I believe in God and pray religiously! 

Not a full figure sighting however, September 2002 was my families "Mary" visitation. I was watching TV with my (deaf) daughter when at the same time, we both, individually noticed bright golden orbs with facial features. One orb was above my head, the other orb was above my daughters head. Although at the time, I didn't realise that there was two orbs until my daughter told me about the one above me, we had been sitting opposite each other. My daughter heard a (Telepathic like) voice say Mary and I heard a similar voice say Jesus...I'm not religious but when you stated that you just knew, I think I know what you mean! :) 

• Like 1

No one ever sees Freya ;(

• Like 1

Oh I don't know, someone might see Freya. What you all have said could be true. Myself, I have never seen Our Blessed Mother But maybe she came to you all because of things going on in your life  and she thought you needed some reassurence  and hope. This makes more sense than Jesus and His Mother Mary appearing on a piece of toast.You can look up Marian Apparitions. One, which gets little notice in the west is that of Our Lady of Zeitoun that took place in Egypt years ago. There is information about Our Lady appearing  walking around the dome of St.Mary's Coptic Church to both christians and muslims.It wase ven broadcast on egyptian tv. This vision was approved by the head of the Coptic Church, so there was no need for Rome to make any pronouncement on it. Don't forget St.Joseph took Mary and Jesus to safety in Egypt when fleeing from Herod. So it makes sense she showed up there.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2011 at 3:29 PM, moonstar5 said:

First of all, I'm really glad I found this site, cause I wanted to share my experience and get some feedbacks.

Tell me if what I've experienced is something paranormal, holy, or just my mind playing tricks on me.

My writing is not too good so bare with me.

One saturday evening i was feeling kind a down and tire basically cause things weren't working out between me and this girl who I've been seeing. I decided to go to bed early at around 10 pm. Later on, it felt like something sort of woke me up at around 1am. I was pretty upset over it because it was too early on and wished it had been 6am already instead. When I woke up, I looked around my bedroom and then I looked at my clock to know it was only around 1am in morning. My room was slightly illuminated with moon light coming through the window cause I have left the shade half way up and I could just tell there was a full moon out that night. I then thought I was going to get up, turned my computer on and surf the net cause I didn't feel sleepy anymore. As I was about to get up, I saw this dark scary figure standing by my bedroom door. I thought It must be my eyes playing with me, I blinked a few times and looked at it again, and surely the figure was still there in the dark and standing there. I started to panic and get scared cause I thought I was seeing a ghost! But I still didn't want to believed it so this time I blinked and squinted my eyes even harder hoping this dark scary figure would disappear. But this time what I saw shocked me, amazed me, and freighten me even more...this dark scary figure suddenly turned into The Virgin Mary . She was very beautiful, flawless and glowing with lights shinning down on her. But she wasn't moving at all, she was very still like a statue and in a praying position with both hands palmed together at her chest. My hearted start pounding harder and harder as I stared at her and my eyes was as wide as they can get. The only thing I could do at the moment was too keep staring at her to see what's to come next. But then she just slowly dissapated and I found myself staring at my towel which was hanging on my bedroom door knob. I was pretty shakin and had to slowly and cautiously get myself out of bed fearing something else might happened, but nothing else happened.

I am not a christian, Jesus Christ is not my religion but i do respect it...nor do I pray to Jesus or Mary, let alone even think of them for that matter. Why would this happened to me or is it just my mind playing a sick trick on me? That experience was so real and deep, wish you all could experienced it too.

How do you know it was the Virgin Mary?