Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sasquatch (Bigfoot)

bingma

You first. Sakari was good enough to give me his email can you do the same. I just sent him pics of the area I was in and will send pics of my equipment. He is free to post to everyone (public). Please send me your email and I will do the same. Sakari has it. Are you a "talker" or a "doer". I also am tired of talked to people with BS. I am former law enforcement and have spoken to many people with little or no combat /street experience. I am a messenger of what I hear and see if you don't like that then don't reply or continue conversations or comments. I am not doing this for gain or attention. I just want to find out if there is something out there that is undiscovered or merely myth, hoax, etc. I do not have the time or desire to converse with people who are completely "negative" on everything. As I have said previously if you have something positive to contribute then I want to hear from you.

Take Care,

Bingma

Why all the hostilities?

Didn't anyone ever question your intelligence reports? If they did did you act like this?

Where you this sensitive when you were a cop being cross examined in court?

If you are ex military intelligence then you should know better than to make such broad assumptions about everyone's background. Do you really think you are the only highly trained ex special ops soldier with combat experience out there?

If anyone is being negative it is you. And I am still waiting for you to contribute something positive to this conversation. I am also waiting for you to show us you are a "doer" and not the "armchair explorer" you seem to think everyone else is.

Look man I'm not trying to get in a p***ing contest with you, but your not making it easy. We are just asking questions in order to get to an intelligent conversation.

Edited by evancj

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bingma

• vitruvian12

• Sakari

• evancj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having just read this entire thread, I can only say pleased to meet you and best of luck Bingma.

I agree that doers like yourself always win over arm chair critics. I get annoyed when oral history is dismissed as old man tales. The old men in this corner of Australia are proud to snub their noses at authority but have shown me evidence of all sorts of things the general public is totally unaware of (eg: a Japanese thong left on the beach by a submarine crew / water gathering party during WWII and, found nearby, a Japanese Navy map detailing this section of the coast).

cheers, zedNuts who believes in the rights of passage.

ps: I'm very interested in your expedition/s and a tad jealous. I'm still learning to use my cameras in prep for some investigative camping of my own into some of the wild mountain country around here (I tend to get lost in the bush so a hand held GPS is next on the list). Goodluck.

Why all the hostilities?

Didn't anyone ever question your intelligence reports? If they did did you act like this?

Where you this sensitive when you were a cop being cross examined in court?

If you are ex military intelligence then you should know better than to make such broad assumptions about everyone's background. Do you really think you are the only highly trained ex special ops soldier with combat experience out there?

If anyone is being negative it is you. And I am still waiting for you to contribute something positive to this conversation. I am also waiting for you to show us you are a "doer" and not the "armchair explorer" you seem to think everyone else is.

Look man I'm not trying to get in a p***ing contest with you, but your not making it easy. We are just asking questions in order to get to an intelligent conversation.

Thank you for your reply. I always welcome intelligent conversations. I don't mean to be negative, just cautious of a persons true objectives (conversations or challenge everything). Please present questions to me. As far as the article I posted it was from a bfro report (see link). "Don't kill the messenger", I report what I see or read. No this is not fact as I was not there, just something I thought was interesting. I am going out near this area soon and attempt to discover what this hunter and campers saw. I know they saw something, what your guess is as good as mine or anyone else. As I have stated previously I will share anything I find to the forum. I am only interested in tracks to follow not photograph. I am tired of looking at photos and casts of footprints. They can be faked however some look very interesting with "ridges" which are really hard to fake. Dr. Meldrum from the University of Idaho claims some of the casts are not faked and appear to have been made by a "human" type of primate?? Who knows? I only desire to find out what made the footprints. I really want to get up close to whatever and find out if it is a man in a gorilla suit or the real thing?? I will do my best to find out and share my discoveries.

Having just read this entire thread, I can only say pleased to meet you and best of luck Bingma.

I agree that doers like yourself always win over arm chair critics. I get annoyed when oral history is dismissed as old man tales. The old men in this corner of Australia are proud to snub their noses at authority but have shown me evidence of all sorts of things the general public is totally unaware of (eg: a Japanese thong left on the beach by a submarine crew / water gathering party during WWII and, found nearby, a Japanese Navy map detailing this section of the coast).

cheers, zedNuts who believes in the rights of passage.

ps: I'm very interested in your expedition/s and a tad jealous. I'm still learning to use my cameras in prep for some investigative camping of my own into some of the wild mountain country around here (I tend to get lost in the bush so a hand held GPS is next on the list). Goodluck.

Thank you for your response. If I find anything out there I will share it with everyone. I'm going out again in a couple of weeks and try and bring back some information. I will at least bring back pics of where I went. I'm hitting an area near where that hunter had an encounter in October. I have been near that area previously and is near where the rocks were thrown towards me into the stream?? I think it was a prankster myself trying to play "games", we'll see. One thing though a bigfoot investigator told me to get a female hiker to go as he has actually seen one that was stalking a woman that went with him. She looked back and ran like hell and said she is never going back there. He believes they can sense a woman and are very curious. A Special Forces team member ran into one of these supposedly when they were on night training missions near Ft. Lewis. He believes they were attracked to the camo "ghillie" suit they were all wearing?? I don't know again as I was not there. I don't know what they saw. I have asked several hikers I know including a couple of women hikers and they said they will go anywhere with me on a trail but not into the areas I go as they have heard some of these stories. So no "brave ones" here! I'm on my own on this one!

Take Care,

Bingma

Thank you for your response. If I find anything out there I will share it with everyone. I'm going out again in a couple of weeks and try and bring back some information. I will at least bring back pics of where I went. I'm hitting an area near where that hunter had an encounter in October. I have been near that area previously and is near where the rocks were thrown towards me into the stream?? I think it was a prankster myself trying to play "games", we'll see. One thing though a bigfoot investigator told me to get a female hiker to go as he has actually seen one that was stalking a woman that went with him. She looked back and ran like hell and said she is never going back there. He believes they can sense a woman and are very curious. A Special Forces team member ran into one of these supposedly when they were on night training missions near Ft. Lewis. He believes they were attracked to the camo "ghillie" suit they were all wearing?? I don't know again as I was not there. I don't know what they saw. I have asked several hikers I know including a couple of women hikers and they said they will go anywhere with me on a trail but not into the areas I go as they have heard some of these stories. So no "brave ones" here! I'm on my own on this one!

Take Care,

Bingma

g'day Bingma,

Following up on reported sightings/encounters is never easy (it's not like these things are stationary). For a few years people around here scoffed at reports of "big deer".

Well, my place is on a spur between two steep tree covered ridges and one day I heard a loud bellowing about a km away to the north west. I suggested yowies and my wife insisted we leave at once lol. I insisted we wait.

5 minutes later it bellowed again, long and loud.. and I gladly packed the wife in the car and headed that way. Whatever it was had a large chest capacity and could move incredibly fast up that boulder strewn creek (covering that very rough terrain at about a kilometer in 5 minutes which would take a fit man about 3/4 hour or more).

I never sighted what it was but a few weeks later, while driving home through the forrest late one night, came across a large Red Deer wallowing in a mud patch in the road (wish I'd had a camera).

It was blocking the road and reluctant to get up but when it did it's alpha male instincts kicked in and it wanted to fight me. But then a doe ran up and bumped him and he followed her away (I've seen cows do this too, when bulls are being silly).

red_deer.jpg

My point is that in over ten years living here, those are the only encounters I've had with big deer. So I'm not overly optimistic of discovering yowies in a few brief camping trips. It's another reason locals have more knowledge of all things wild than visiting scientists and other passers through.

That said, yours is a noble and interesting quest and I wish you the very best.

cheers, zedNuts

ps: interesting point about females. As a kid I always caught more fish that my dad and uncles. It turns out a young man imparts his hormones into the bait which fish find attractive (go figure).

pps: yes those ghillie suits are quite alluring ^_^

scenario_paintball_gear.jpg

WARNING: Beware the bigfoot with the M16

Edited by zednuts

I live in Nova Scotia, in the Annapolis Valley. When I was a teenager (16-17 years ago as it were) I was walking at night and was being followed by something through the forest beside me. I thought it was a deer at first, but they are nearly soundless. Then I thought it was someone hiding in the woods planting their weed crops (happens here alot). I had a few branches and rocks thrown out towards me onto the road, 3-4 maybe, over a 2 kilometer stretch.

Pretty creepy IMO, especially with the story of wild men living on the mountain and how an old man was attacked in his cabin and his head removed from his body about 60-80 years ago..

Hi, I just joined this forumn and I am from the Annapolis Valley as well. Other than native legends, I am aware of only two reported sasquatch encounters here in Nova Scotia, one in Springhill in 1979 and one in Cole Harbour in 1892. I would love to hear more about exactly where you had your encounter. South Mountain or North Mountain? Sounds very interesting.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Bingma,

I ran into your post over here on this board. I wish you the best and look forward to seeing what you find.

I've only recently renewed my interest in this subject. I used to be absolutely obsessed with it when I was a kid.

I Currently live in Colorado, but have had no experiences to date and haven't tried to, either.

Anyhoo, my husband believes and I don't(didn't), and our heated discussions prompted me to start doing some online research and now I've become very intrigued at what I have found.

Here's a link to a hunter's forum from British Columbia. They took an informal poll and fully half of those who responded believe it exists. Assuming that they don't all just have the same odd sense of humor, I found that to be very telling.

Amidst all the smart-a$s comments on their board you can find accounts by people who have spent their adult lives in the woods and actually know what they are talking about. Their experiences with regards to phenomenon that occur out there, what each sound, sign, smell, etc... means, could be useful to you too.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=52191&highlight=sasquatch

WOW....I just got here an that was fast!

In the door and OUT! :no:

• 1 month later...

It is April Bingma :)

Well, since we don't have a Sasquatch in captivity or a skeleton, I'd say he's batting 100% at being a myth.