Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

my theory why we have such short lifespans

megabyte

Yeah, it was slightly harsh considering her good attitude to rebuttals. As you've said, most people who post in this (I believe any) section tend to be incredibly defensive instead of actually willing to discuss.

The thing that inspired that post was this:

Which to paraphrase says something along the lines of: "Everything says you're right, but I still think you're wrong."

This is of course light years ahead of people who can't accept that the facts are on the other side of the discussion, but it's still saying, "Regardless of the facts, I still think I'm right".

to tell the truth - I like reading books and watching docos about ancient alien theories and that does not mean I believe what is written

I can read and hypothesize all I want to just because it entertains me

if and when further proof is found then I can evaluate that proof

I just dont choose to make a final commitment to either way of seeing the world - it does not have to be black or white - my view of the world can accommodate many shades of grey and be pretty fluid between the black and white

I am reading Sitchin because I have not heard of him before this year, so why not read it - it reads better than some science fiction books - maybe it should be made into a sci-fi series to rival the best lol

what we might discover in the future no one can predict, but I expect to have my mind boggled quite a bit along the way and I love to have my mind seriously boggled by theories and hypotheses and facts and new discoveries

that is what makes my life worth living - to live in constant wonder and not to close my wondering mind to anything even if it is improbable and unlikely - who knows - some of the unlikely things could be proven one day

and the things that will never be proven? - they are the boggle factor that amuses me and keeps me entertained and seriously its better than being on drugs :D

I bid you to entertain yourself in any way that suits you :D

• Like 1

i agree with you that not everything on earth has been genetically altered by et's

i do happen to believe that our lifespan is really very short. if you compare it to a cat or a dog and take the percentage of time we spend in childhood and also old age - if we spent the same percentage of time being children as cats do then we should be fully sexually mature and having offspring at age 4. I also believe that a decade of being at our best is very short percentage of our lifespan. we also spend way too long being old and less capable as compared to a the percentage of time a cat spends being old and incapacitated

I am not claiming I know the answer - but i am open to theories

In ancient biblical times humans supposedly had lifespans up to a millenium. Most famous is the story of Methusaleh but other biblical personnae also lived for centuries. What do you think about that? Did the Annunaki tamper with our DNA to shorten our spans ten-fold? Perhaps it was inconvenient for them with slaves with such a long lifespan?

• Like 1

Haven't observed the life spans of cats (beyond "too long"), so let's use dogs.

A dog is considered a mature adult around 2 and a half years and lives to about 12 in captivity.

A human is considered a mature adult in the early 20's and lives to about 75 years in captivity.

That's about the same percentage in life cycle for physical maturity. Sexual maturity is harder to pin down because a dog that has a handful of tiny babies can deliver them safely at a younger relative age than a human can deliver it's far larger (in relation to the mother) baby.

Even if the maturity cycles were radically different, the rebuttal would be "Those are dogs. Humans are different.".

"In the wild" as in without modern medicine, we lived about 50 years. Biologically, being at our peak means being capable of breeding. A normal human female can deliver a baby safely at about 15 and all the way up to about 45. That's the majority of the normal life spent at our peak.

From the responses you've made, it looks like you're open to people telling you why they think you're right.

The fact is at our current 70ish average lifespan, we're one of the longest lived species on the planet on par with animals that should live much longer than us based on gestation and birth rate (like elephants). We're talking land animals, of course.

You're basing your entire premise on a few unverifiable mentions of humans with incredibly long lifespans. Many would call these mentions fiction.

I've read the story of Peter Parker. Do you think aliens tampered with our DNA to eliminate our super strength and agility plus our ability to climb sheer smooth surfaces along with our danger sense?

You seem to be quite happy with our current lifespans but to counter you I can only quote the replicant Roy Batty: "I want more life, ****er!" :P

In ancient biblical times humans supposedly had lifespans up to a millenium. Most famous is the story of Methusaleh but other biblical personnae also lived for centuries. What do you think about that? Did the Annunaki tamper with our DNA to shorten our spans ten-fold? Perhaps it was inconvenient for them with slaves with such a long lifespan?

that could be a theory - another theory is that the annunaki's own lifespan diminished too by staying too long on earth and that might be the reason why they stopped being visible in everyday life on earth

I am referring to when the gods were the pharaohs on Egypt - they ruled for number of years each that no humans can live

then they gave kingships to human pharaoh's and their reigns decreased so that they could be within the lifespan of a regular human

http://www.king-tut.org.uk/egyptian-pharaohs/pharaohs-timeline.htm

putting aside for a moment that annunaki are unproven, just look at how long they reigned on average in the beginning and then compare that to the number of years they reigned in final years of Egyptian pharaohs

so if aliens did come to earth in the past and if they are still coming to earth and secretly abducting some people, are they here so secretly rather than presenting themselves as our gods because being on earth shortened their lifespan? could it be that lifespan is dictated by a planet's length of orbit round the sun? as in, a year on earth is 365 years long and on Nibiru [if you hypothesise for a second that it might be true] - it takes 3600 earth years to complete a single orbit round the sun

I am fully aware that we have a god area in the brain and that when and if it is electrically stimulated [or during a sub clinical epileptic fit] then we will have an god/alien encounter. In some people this is obviously what happens.

incidentally, if neurologists are finding that the brain has a god area and we can assume that it is useful for aliens to make primitive people believe they are gods and if they genetically manipulated us then they made that area of the brain respond in that way and believe. [how else despite years of being indoctrinated in my religion I dont believe, and others are born again and fundamental and all the other categories of religious beliefs]

• Like 1

TC, If you're interested in things that live a long time, you should check out the immortal jellyfish. After a certain age they revert back to a premature stage, then the cycle starts over again. They only die from being eaten/killed or from diseases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_nutricula

hopefully scientists are studying them so they can work out how to make humans live foreverf

• Like 1

hopefully scientists are studying them so they can work out how to make humans live foreverf

The question is, would it be good for us to live forever? Think overpopulation, not enough resources, etc. The fact is if we were so to speak immortal and could only die though violence, illness or accidents, it would wreak havoc on the resources this earth has, very very rigorous birthcontrol would have to be instated, not to speak of the psychological repercussions. Long life, ok, immortal, I think not.

• Like 1

The question is, would it be good for us to live forever? Think overpopulation, not enough resources, etc. The fact is if we were so to speak immortal and could only die though violence, illness or accidents, it would wreak havoc on the resources this earth has, very very rigorous birthcontrol would have to be instated, not to speak of the psychological repercussions. Long life, ok, immortal, I think not.

sigh - think London before motorcars were invented - people agonized that London streets will be buried in horse manure

if we had the lifespan we would definitely be space explorers and start colonizing other places - perhaps some of the moons would be good to live on?

life-span is a major obstacle to our space exploration efforts

also think about it - if you lived to a thousand years but had the youth and vitality of a 25 year old for most of that time - you would never be poor!

a lot of ppl manage to get a few things by the time they retire - own home perhaps, a bit of investments perhaps. Imagine if instead of retirement you could plan to start having a family AFTER you pay your home off and create some passive income for yourself

imagine having a career first and then planning to take time to have a family - these days for women it is often an either/or - either have a career or have a family, as it is very difficult to have both

we are also fast heading to a situation where one college degree is not enough so a lot of people have 2 college degrees and they pay off their student loans forever - think if your lifespan was so much longer so that you did not have to try and fit it all in the exact same 30 years

the prime of life to me is the time that elite athletes and top models are at the top of their chosen field and if they start at age 15 they typically look for other things to do before they are 30 years old - that is such a small slice of life that humans are at their peak

I would like humans to be at their peak for a whole lot longer - think what we would achieve - the discoveries our scientists could make, the songs that someone could write and perform - think of ABBA, they disbanded because they were working too hard producing 1 album a year [and personal difficulties too off course] and if they lived to age 1000 they could take 20 years off and then record again and still be looking as fresh as they did when they were the hottest group in many countries [there is talk of them performing together once again but they wont be as visually appealing as they were before]

I see positives - not everyone will want to have a baby every year for 1000 years - that is a huge family. if you have the lifespan you can plan to do so much more with your life and there is no reason to think that we will all live on earth forever

I want to live longer lol

• Like 1

Another problem with immortality is that our brains simply aren't meant to handle it.

Our brains are meant to handle living for a certain amount of time, and for a certain amount of year.s

A good example of this is the way our brains handle time.

A minute seems forever as a kid, while as you grow older, years continue to pass quicker nad quicker (though it seems the days get longer and longer... at least to me.)

This is a noted affect, and goes beyond just learning patience as you grow older, the more time you have behind you, the fast time runs in front of you.

Living forever, eventually you'd ge to the point where even geologic process seem to be moving incredibly fast, unless your brain burns out from the overload of handling more information than it was ever supposed to.

• Like 1

our scientists love the fruit fly because it completes a generation in just 3 weeks and so it is useful when studying what effect a certain substance may have on subsequent generations

could it be that humans have such pitifully short lifespan for the same reason?

[annunaki were supposed to live to age 36000 for example]

could aliens who have been tinkering with our civilization since year dot be using us to study substances over generations before giving it to their own population? someone who lives to age 36000 could study several of our generations after releasing a substance such the plague to see what it does. [yes apparently they saw men in black dressed as grim reapers releasing gas substances around villages prior to that village succumbing to the plague - this was on an episode i just watched called ancient aliens

it is quite obvious from reading ancient writings and also reading about current ufo abduction reports that aliens have always had their own agenda and sometimes it was for our good and sometimes it was not.

I would love to know what others think

Honestly, I think our lifespans are entirely too long...

Lifespan should be a relevant relationship to population number.

The exploding population is directly related to more births, and less deaths.

We're pushing a global number of aprox. 8 million, despite what they'll have you believe.

Too long? We either need to die sooner, or make less babies, or our carrying capacity is destine to exceed it's limitations!

We're pushing a global number of aprox. 8 million, despite what they'll have you believe.

You mean billion right?

Too long? We either need to die sooner, or make less babies, or our carrying capacity is destine to exceed it's limitations!

I think it's pointless to worry about the world's population limitations. The world 'knows' the maximum population it can sustain over the longterm. Just because the numbers seem high doesn't mean it's bad or destructive. Also, isn't there a finite amount of matter on earth? People don't appear out of nothing. Aren't we born out of the matter around us? Despite our desire to understand and control the world, everything is in an equilibrium beyond our control. The world looks after itself, it's funny that we think we actually manipulate the world.

• Like 1

I think it's pointless to worry about the world's population limitations. The world 'knows' the maximum population it can sustain over the longterm. Just because the numbers seem high doesn't mean it's bad or destructive. Also, isn't there a finite amount of matter on earth? People don't appear out of nothing. Aren't we born out of the matter around us? Despite our desire to understand and control the world, everything is in an equilibrium beyond our control. The world looks after itself, it's funny that we think we actually manipulate the world.

I honestly think that the world is not going to look after itself. I think that human population is getting out of control. It is true that we just are not dying anymore and we keep reproducing. Anyone who thinks we can't really manipulate the world is blind.

• Like 1

Compared to other animals on this planet, we got a pretty long lifespan. I would think shorter lifespans would be more beneficial to a species as a whole. More chances to adapt and evolve to a changing environment.

Megabyte, I think you misunderstood me.

I wasn't saying don't speculate and hypothesize - that's how we advance ourselves.

I wasn't saying don't read a certain author - learning what others think is both interesting and gives you more insight into the things you agree and disagree with.

Hell I wasn't even saying our DNA hasn't been altered by aliens or gods so our life spans were dramatically shortened.

---------

What I was saying is that our life span is not crazy out-of-whack with the rest of the natural world. If anything, we're a bit longer-lived than we should be because of our medical technology. If you discount the "should already be dead" couple of extra decades we get from this, we're pretty typical for our size and reproduction rate (which is also artificially higher than it would be "in the wild").

I just don't see why this is a talking point. If we DID live hundreds of years, it would definitely be worth discussing whether someone altered our DNA to make us that way. The fact that we're run-of-the-mill as far as life cycles go doesn't seem to me like fuel for suspicion that someone has tampered with us.

Now if you want to go into the cultural discussions:

Like how cultures all over the world have stories of giants living hundreds of years and how such stories affected the cultures that followed (even today being exceptionally tall grants interpersonal status while being exceptionally short does not).

Or how a lot of what we consider the great ancient cultures seemed to have a brief period of hyperachieving where they did things like build pyramids followed by centuries where they scratched in the dirt for a living.

Then we'd be looking at fascinating discussions.

• Like 1

good point

I dont believe that we need to limit our population along these lines - I think we should aim for the stars - we will in time create colonies on other planets or moons so lets aim for that

• Like 1

Megabyte, I think you misunderstood me.

I wasn't saying don't speculate and hypothesize - that's how we advance ourselves.

I wasn't saying don't read a certain author - learning what others think is both interesting and gives you more insight into the things you agree and disagree with.

Hell I wasn't even saying our DNA hasn't been altered by aliens or gods so our life spans were dramatically shortened.

---------

What I was saying is that our life span is not crazy out-of-whack with the rest of the natural world. If anything, we're a bit longer-lived than we should be because of our medical technology. If you discount the "should already be dead" couple of extra decades we get from this, we're pretty typical for our size and reproduction rate (which is also artificially higher than it would be "in the wild").

I just don't see why this is a talking point. If we DID live hundreds of years, it would definitely be worth discussing whether someone altered our DNA to make us that way. The fact that we're run-of-the-mill as far as life cycles go doesn't seem to me like fuel for suspicion that someone has tampered with us.

Now if you want to go into the cultural discussions:

Like how cultures all over the world have stories of giants living hundreds of years and how such stories affected the cultures that followed (even today being exceptionally tall grants interpersonal status while being exceptionally short does not).

Or how a lot of what we consider the great ancient cultures seemed to have a brief period of hyperachieving where they did things like build pyramids followed by centuries where they scratched in the dirt for a living.

Then we'd be looking at fascinating discussions.

you have made my day - I love to discuss everything

this is all very fascinating so lets discuss what we all think about these unexplained mysteries :D

• Like 1

that could be a theory - another theory is that the annunaki's own lifespan diminished too by staying too long on earth and that might be the reason why they stopped being visible in everyday life on earth

I watch all that crazy crap on TV too. I can tell you this, once you do a little investigating of these claims, the shows aren't so much entertaining as they are irritating.

I still watch because they serve as sort of a pop quiz - how many claims can they make that I know for a fact are either lies or purposeful misrepresentations, in one show, and without me looking anything up online.

These days, there's hardly a claim made on these fringe shows that I don't immediately know to be false based on what I've learned on my own.

putting aside for a moment that annunaki are unproven, just look at how long they reigned on average in the beginning and then compare that to the number of years they reigned in final years of Egyptian pharaohs

The Anunnaki are a collection of Babylonian underworld gods. The never "reigned" at all, much less reigned for a long time.

"Anunnaki" is not the Babylonian term for their pantheon of dieties. The Annunaki were minor gods in that pantheon.

Do yourself, us and the world a favor if you insist on reading Sitchin - buy his books used. Either online or at a used bookstore.

I swear to you it will save you some regret sometime in the future, if you're really and truly interested in ancient history

Harte

very good points and yet the ancient alien theory resonates so deep in me [and lots of others too I bet]

why does it resonate so deep in me? even though it is all unscientific and without any merit ?

why am I drawn to it like a moth to a flame and nothing anyone tells me sways me even in the slightest

I am not even saying I believe all the arguments authors such as Daniken and Sitchin write about - I do question these

but for some reason ever since I was 10 years old and read my first story about Stonehenge in a childrens book and it was not even alien astronauts oriented [did not even mention alien astronauts as a possibility] I was hooked in a huge way and that is that - it simply resonates somewhere deep inside me ever since then

I guess I might never know

Two notes here:

1)we typically misuse language slightly. The human lifeSPAN has not really changed notably at all. The human life EXPECTANCY, however, has changed greatly. Compared to other large mammals, we are about where one would expect us to be in lifespan, so there isn't all that much to be surprised about.

2)The more interesting question is the one you pose above. What is there about the idea of superior aliens, hopefully benevolent, that can so hook us and resonate with us? One possibility is that such an image, similar to the images of gods and demons, run very close to the kinds of images a pre-verbal child might have of the adult world in which they live. They are large, strange, possessing special knowledge and amazing powers of manipulation and control, communicating in ways we cannot fathom or understand, moving in and out of our fields of perception seemingly at will, mysterious, possibly dangerous, sometimes benevolent and always somehow in more control of our lives than we are. The infant in us, if we were at all smart and observant, struggled to understand these mysterious others. When we came to a better understanding of who these creatures were, there yet remains the earlier imagery, and it is that imagery, I suggest, that is what you feel as resonating. To the extent that the new understanding constitutes something of a disappointment ("that's all they are???"), there would be a positive desire for a return to the mystery. That would be my theory, Megabyte.

• Like 1

I have been recently reading through "The Lost Tablets of Enki" which discusses the creation of human. If you go by the theory that the Annunaki created us I think it is most apparent that our life span was not picked by them but the genetics, they discuss mixing their own DNA with that of upright hairy little men (Monkeys come to mind when I hear this description, or even cavemen) They stress that they are not creating a new creature, but "upgrading" one that is already alive because this is apparently against the law of creation to their culture. So I would assume to preserve the new creature (man) as close to the original creature (Ape/cavemen)as possible, the ape genes are more prominent. In their eyes man was also beneath them, Enki, Ninmah and another gentleman who was working with them (Don't remember his name off hand) didn't feel this way as far as I could understand. But even so that would be my theory on why our life span is as long as it is if you choose to follow that idea.

Edited by Amoebaa
  • Like 1

Amoebaa,

You realize, I hope, that the "Lost Book of Enki" is a work of fiction?

Harte

Amoebaa,

You realize, I hope, that the "Lost Book of Enki" is a work of fiction?

Harte

Come on, Harte, how could you possibly know that?

Oh, yeah. I guess it's pretty obvious, given the author. :rolleyes:

LOL Memoirs and Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial God. Sounds like a really cheesy special for the Biography Channel.

But even so that would be my theory on why our life span is as long as it is if you choose to follow that idea.

I think you misunderstood what I replied, so here is the little snippet that varifies.

Harte, it is all in what you believe, I happen to have many different outlooks on life but I am still trying to figure this one out. I do notice many similarities between the bible, and the lost table of Enki. This leads me to believe that there is an original story somewhere, either the Sumerian text or something before it. I am also not reading the Lost Books of Enki I am reading the Lost Tablets, these are pretty much the base story, there isn't any opinion or discussion on whats going on. It is also very poorly translated. I do however wonder how the ancient cultures knew so much about our solar system. Something that really perplexes me is when Alalu first lands on Earth it discusses him using a pole like device to test the air and water to see if it was poisonous. How would an Ancient culture know you needed to test the foundations of life before (air, water, food) before consumption?

And on another note, people believe the bible (no offense to those who do) I rest my case :)

Edited by Amoebaa
  • Like 1

Sorry I am new and I accidentally quoted myself and I don't know how to delete this reply :blush:

Edited by Amoebaa

Greetings, megabyte, and welcome to UM. :)

I echo the sentiments of others who have commented and must stress the fact that human lifespans are hardly static. In the Bronze Age, when the Sumerians, Akkadians, Egyptians, and others were honing the their creation myths, the average lifespan was approximately 35 years. Approximately thirty percent of all children died before their fifth year of life; 20% of all pregnancies ended in spontaneous miscarriage.

Today, on the other hand, the average lifespan (in the West, at least) is around 76 years. Further, the average human is significantly taller than his ancestor of some 3,000 years ago. Whereas most Westerners get married in their twenties and have children in their twenties or early thirties, in the Bronze Age a bride could be as young as twelve or thirteen years of age and her husband only a few years older. When you were eighteen years old and "middle-aged," you started a family by what we modern folks would consider to be extremely young--still kids, really.

A multiplicity of factors determine lifespan, and it's all well understood through scientific principles. Aliens are not needed. The most obvious factors are good nutrition and modern medicine. The absence of something so basic as vaccinations is one main reason the infant mortality rate in the ancient world was so universally high. And something many people don't realize is that one of the greatest inventions in all of human history was the capability to produce clean, safe drinking water; that alone lengthened average lifespans.

When trying to tackle these subjects in the course of one's studies, the critical factor is the quality of sources to which one turns. While there is an abundance of high-quality and reliable research material that is available to everyone, I cannot agree enough with something TheSearcher mentioned in the second post of this discussion: sources like Ancient Aliens are not to be trusted. I've seen numerous episodes of this program, myself. TheSearcher said that when you watch this program, you must take it's information with "a big bag of salt." I might extend this analogy and suggest there is not a bag of salt in this world that's large enough. The information dispensed on Ancient Aliens is so lacking in substance and scientific evaluation that, in my opinion, it has no research value whatsoever. In other words, you won't learn a single thing that's pertinent to real-world historical facts.

Finally, on the subject of aliens, I am not the least shy about stating my own opinion. I am absolutely certain that aliens had nothing whatsoever to do with the developments of ancient cultures around the world. Indeed, these ancient societies did not need the assistance of aliens. This is the sort of thing of which TV shows like Ancient Aliens are so unforgivably guilty: at the same time that they dispense oodles of intellectual flotsam, they rob ancient societies of the great things ancient peoples achieved. Give credit where credit is due. ;)

Kmt- uses the argument that Good nutrition and modern medicine explain the reason why people today live longer than people… say in the 1800( or B.C.Eß---)

I would ask: What is more nutritional, modern foods full to overflow with synthetic substances and “additives” or a fresh piece of cooked meat with some pure olive oil and newly threshed wheat flower bread. For desert a freshly picked piece of fruit that has not been touched by another human hand, nor processed, packaged and shipped thousands of miles? Rhetorical.

This argument of supposed “good nutrition” seems to be less than scientific in my opinion.

As for the idea that medical “factors” explain the seeming “uplift” of human age I would ask. How does this explain the scientific reason why those before the deluge eclipsed mans average modern life expectancy. ( Ancient preflood= 969 years / Modern post flood= “76”). In order for a scientific postulate to be acceptable it must answer questions related to both sides. Your scientific proposal therefore is lopsided. While it may “explain” 9 verses truly define) the one it fails to do so with regard to the other. Or: Perhaps the medicine before the flood was much more superior to modern medicine. To say this would be to accept things about the pre flood world that would make many so called “opinionists’ shift in their seat .

Perhaps the “fly and alien” scenario may just be relevant. Or perhaps: Humans fail to acknowledge that there are superior entities with superior capabilities of purpose and design…or the relegation of such. If this were the case perhaps humans make entropic choices to relegate their relativity and dependency on these extra earthly entities. Perhaps these entities are not initiating “a fly” or disease, rather responding to humans bringing these things upon themselves. Aliens acting proportionate to the actions of humans. Aliens as capable in the long run of NOT creating the “fly” rather ultimately disposing of the fly.

As for the “clean safe water”…proposal. The poster seems to say that “clean safe water” is an invention of man. NO! Clean safe water ( necessary for all life forms on the earth.) predates modern “aqua-technology” by millions if not billions of years. Again we may see the recurrent theme: Why is such clean safe water so hard to find “nowadays”? Could this have something to do with the entropic choice of humans. So I ask the poster: When was water invented and by whom? Who was the great inventor of water? When? Why?

What are “critical factor(s)” one must acknowledge and understand in order to “tackle” these questions? Where is the “abundance of high quality and reliable research” that is available to answer these questions?

I would say that the aliens would say of modern as well ancient human civilizations: “Ancient and modern humans are not to be trusted.” As well due the lies, deceptions, crimes, murders, pollutions( water?), slanders etch of humans the aliens would talk amongst themselves and agree unanimously: “ anything and everything humans say and do must be taken or “given to” a big bag of salt ( Sodom and Gomorrah anyone…lots wife)

There is not a bag of salt big enough to ..squelch the real historic facts that the fly= the human disposition? We shall see.

New proposal:

Before the flood the bible speaks of a “canopy” or “expanse” if you will that enveloped the earth before the flood. This ‘canopy” was said to be emptied upon the earth during the flood.

Question: If one is laying down on a hot beach underneath an umbrella or tent..his experiences will be different than if one is laying on the hot beach with no protection from the “elements”

1)Long life before the flood= protective “atmospheric shade” from harmful UV( harmfull radiation). As well when this canopy ( heavenly ocean= Hebrew word “mabbul” for the word “deluge) was removed cosmic radiation genetically harmfull to man increased; introduced into the realm of the sphere earth.

2) Short life after the flood with no significant improvement to this day= removal of protections.

Both 1 and 2 were relative to divine responses to human choices.

Is it possible for this canopy to be replaced? Scientific and historical facts ( as well engineering, human technology and ingenuity) indicate irrefutably the following:

If it is replaced man cannot do it himself. He needs help. Why? Because man as he is “basking in the hot sun of his decisions” is inferior to the “aliens” who possess the ability to both “ put up the canopy” as well experience the delight from living under the canopy. They can “give to or take away” but always relative to human choices.

• Like 1

I think you misunderstood what I replied, so here is the little snippet that varifies.

Harte, it is all in what you believe, I happen to have many different outlooks on life but I am still trying to figure this one out. I do notice many similarities between the bible, and the lost table of Enki. This leads me to believe that there is an original story somewhere, either the Sumerian text or something before it. I am also not reading the Lost Books of Enki I am reading the Lost Tablets, these are pretty much the base story, there isn't any opinion or discussion on whats going on. It is also very poorly translated. I do however wonder how the ancient cultures knew so much about our solar system. Something that really perplexes me is when Alalu first lands on Earth it discusses him using a pole like device to test the air and water to see if it was poisonous. How would an Ancient culture know you needed to test the foundations of life before (air, water, food) before consumption?

And on another note, people believe the bible (no offense to those who do) I rest my case :)

The Bible, at least, exists.

The Lost Book of Enki is a fanciful "biography" of Enki based on the misrepresentations of Zecharia Sitchin.

He makes no claim to have translated any tablets in having made up his tale.

There is no book called the "Lost Tablets" of Enki or anyone else. I take that to mean that you're reading the lost tablets themselves.

Tell me, then. If these tablets were "lost," how do we know about them at all? And where did you "find" them?

If you're reading the lost tablets, you'd better turn them over to a museum or some such authority. In some places, keeping antiquities like that is illegal.

Harte