Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

Lucky7

No i think they wont.....you know that bad moment in a dream where you wanna run off ? Well usually thats when gravity becomes real HEAVY.....and you find your self RUNNING ...but NOT MOVING........ you gonna tell me now that that never happened to you ?

Gravity is only lighter on the other side if you are in a very good state of mind...or if you find yourself in a higher plane........even though very difficult to remember...and keep 100% of the memory intact.......

One must develop lots of training to not fear the hatman in dream or reality so your gravity doesnt change.... =)

The immobilization is not from the effect of "gravity". The onset of OBE itself is often through levitating astral body floating out, no matter how untrained a person is, defying the laws of gravity.

I am well aware of the immobilization experienced by some beginners as I myself went through that phase many years ago. Not only in the beginning but even later when I experienced a demon standing at the door of my room. I was OBEing and my astral body was immobilized until I managed to throw at it whatever projected object I found. Then it left and my astral body could move again. It was not gravity.

Although, I agree with you on not being afraid of the entity. But again I don't think that it requires a lot of training.

You didn't answer my other question....

In my old house I saw a lot of shadow people. I once even communicated with them but then when they asked me to follow them i got cold feet :D but when we moved to a new home, no show people but that doesn't mean i don't have a problem with the realm of spirits :P No hatman though.

Its a funny sight, how when they want to lead people somewhere they often just lift their one hand and point in the direction. Without saying anything. Blank. Mute.

What? Where? You want me to go there? Alright got it!

Next time... Hello sir! can I get the directions to hell again, please? My coffee is not hot enough. :P

• Like 3

I don't know if I have seen the Hatman or shadow people, but I did make a thread about my expirience at the age of 8 called "The Dark Figure"

Its a funny sight, how when they want to lead people somewhere they often just lift their one hand and point in the direction. Without saying anything. Blank. Mute.

Next time... Hello sir! can I get the directions to hell again, please? My coffee is not hot enough. :P

What question ? yes...they should be more exact on directions...

After a little research found this : Daikoku-ten

Read this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daikoku-ten

Similarities : God of blackness (hmmmmmm)

Flat black hat...... and another similarity : Says to be close or related to or is shiva.....Shiva if you research and try to find out is more close to epimetheus and prometheus than zeus...so maybe.. maybe that could have something like 1% to do with the real deal ?

Are we really delving into greek mythology for scientific evidence?... :hmm:

It's not that I'm not serious about it. It's just hard to take the subject seriously whaen almost everything about it seems to be based entirely on speculation... :hmm:

:alien: I am seeing some interesting feedback here... I have experienced strong SMELLS when it comes to spirit presences. And now I just started having DREAMS where I can smell the being as well. Do you guys think there is a connection??
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just joined this website because honestly i have a very bad feeling of what i believe is about to happen. i will also mention some people i know but their identity's will remain anonymous. In this post i will tell my story of the experiences i dealt with in contact with the Hooded Man, (or Hatman). whether anyone chooses to believe it or not is up to them. but this is my story.

It all started when i was six years old. i remember my father chasing me up the stairs to our two-story house in Hazard Kentucky. he would say that hes going to get me or the montser is going to get me. there was one night he was doing something and he told me to go on to bed. so as i always did, i "monkey-climbed" up the set of stairs we had that went to my bedroom. i heard something. when i turned around i saw a figure. it looked like a man very tall and dark, with a hood looking thing on his head. he also had a deck of cards in his hands he was shuffling them. i just looked down and stared at the strange man in my house until the entity made eye contact. my whole body froze and i was scared. then i whisper to myself, "your'e not real, your'e not real." and when i look again he smiles at me then he dissapears. i told my father about the incident but i was 6. i "tend to make things up". i then had night-terrors for weeks. and all of a sudden it stopped. and i never saw the hooded man again for 7 years.

i was 13, it was my first year of 7th grade in junior high school. i know longer lived in the same house in Hazard. i then lived in Middleburg Florida. it was September. i remember it very well. i went through a surgery and i started having nightmares after it. i thought it was nothing, just trauma form post-surgery. little did i know i was dead wrong. after weeks of nightmares and not a lot of sleep i developed what i thought was Insomnia, and after 3 months i couldn't tell what was fake and what was reality. i continuously had this re-occurring nightmare. I was trapped in a maze. there were was all around me. the walls were covered in a maroon colored blood. i would run the the impossible maze not knowing which way to turn it was so dark and finally i would escape. and again i would be surrounded in darkness. i look around and then thats when i see him. the Hooded man. i turn around and run back towards the direction of the maze and its gone and he is there in front of me. i turn around and start running. i dont know where but anywhere but to him. i run and i run but the harder and faster i run the slower i get. then i cant breath and he comes closer and he catches me.

one night when i was 13, i had that dream but instead of me just waking up from a nightmare, i wake up and he was standing right infront of my bed. i blinked for a split second and he was on top of me. i couldnt breathe or move any part of my body. i just layed there with the hooded man on top of me until i could force the words " GET OUT". and then i could move. and the hooded figure was gone. the nightmares stopped and i thought it was over.

then here i am at 16. i thought it was all over. but i think i am wrong. the nightmares are kicking themselves back up again and i am seeing Him again. i was recently talking to an old friend and she mentioned something to me about having a death wish. i am very scared and very worried about the upcoming nights and i am having a lot of trouble sleeping. i am getting to the point again where i don't know the difference between dreams and reality. if there is anyone out there who can provide me with tips or answers i desperately need your help. if u can u can email me at *snip* but please i want help. i dont know if i can take another encounter with that fiend.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
email address removed - not a good idea to post your personal details on a public forum - you are better to use the PM function for that.

I just joined this website because honestly i have a very bad feeling of what i believe is about to happen. i will also mention some people i know but their identity's will remain anonymous. In this post i will tell my story of the experiences i dealt with in contact with the Hooded Man, (or Hatman). whether anyone chooses to believe it or not is up to them. but this is my story.

It all started when i was six years old. i remember my father chasing me up the stairs to our two-story house in Hazard Kentucky. he would say that hes going to get me or the montser is going to get me. there was one night he was doing something and he told me to go on to bed. so as i always did, i "monkey-climbed" up the set of stairs we had that went to my bedroom. i heard something. when i turned around i saw a figure. it looked like a man very tall and dark, with a hood looking thing on his head. he also had a deck of cards in his hands he was shuffling them. i just looked down and stared at the strange man in my house until the entity made eye contact. my whole body froze and i was scared. then i whisper to myself, "your'e not real, your'e not real." and when i look again he smiles at me then he dissapears. i told my father about the incident but i was 6. i "tend to make things up". i then had night-terrors for weeks. and all of a sudden it stopped. and i never saw the hooded man again for 7 years.

i was 13, it was my first year of 7th grade in junior high school. i know longer lived in the same house in Hazard. i then lived in Middleburg Florida. it was September. i remember it very well. i went through a surgery and i started having nightmares after it. i thought it was nothing, just trauma form post-surgery. little did i know i was dead wrong. after weeks of nightmares and not a lot of sleep i developed what i thought was Insomnia, and after 3 months i couldn't tell what was fake and what was reality. i continuously had this re-occurring nightmare. I was trapped in a maze. there were was all around me. the walls were covered in a maroon colored blood. i would run the the impossible maze not knowing which way to turn it was so dark and finally i would escape. and again i would be surrounded in darkness. i look around and then thats when i see him. the Hooded man. i turn around and run back towards the direction of the maze and its gone and he is there in front of me. i turn around and start running. i dont know where but anywhere but to him. i run and i run but the harder and faster i run the slower i get. then i cant breath and he comes closer and he catches me.

one night when i was 13, i had that dream but instead of me just waking up from a nightmare, i wake up and he was standing right infront of my bed. i blinked for a split second and he was on top of me. i couldnt breathe or move any part of my body. i just layed there with the hooded man on top of me until i could force the words " GET OUT". and then i could move. and the hooded figure was gone. the nightmares stopped and i thought it was over.

then here i am at 16. i thought it was all over. but i think i am wrong. the nightmares are kicking themselves back up again and i am seeing Him again. i was recently talking to an old friend and she mentioned something to me about having a death wish. i am very scared and very worried about the upcoming nights and i am having a lot of trouble sleeping. i am getting to the point again where i don't know the difference between dreams and reality. if there is anyone out there who can provide me with tips or answers i desperately need your help. if u can u can email me at *snip* but please i want help. i dont know if i can take another encounter with that fiend.

Hello Firebearer

Well, you spoke to your parents about this when you were 6, did you discuss this with them again? What do they say? How did your parents let your condition get worse to this degree?! I hope you are genuine. :)

Anyway...

Nothing bad is about to happen. Don't worry about the "death wish" thing. If the entity wanted you dead, the attacks would be of entirely different kind.

Do you believe in God? If yes then seek His help. But if you are an atheist (well, atheists are rarely attacked) then maybe it's time to turn to God for help. Also indulge yourself in altruistic deeds as much as you can. Help those in need expecting nothing in return. Demons hate humanity more than they hate God.

The ones you are confused about being dreams or reality are probably astral projections. Don't be scared. The next time he comes, don't run and stand your ground and fight. The first few times it can be difficult and when the entity approaches, your astral body may be immobilized. Rage does help you set free. Nevertheless remembering God and not fearing the entity through out the experience is a must.

To deal with the nightmares, begin practicing lucid dreaming. Make another thread in dreams and conciousness section for that.

You can PM me anytime if you need help. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, if your astral body starts to get affected things are really going wrong here. As your astral body is essentially your soul it would mean he's taking over your body, as I said, very bad. Very unlikely though, so focusing on the subject again.

I do agree that turning to God would be your best bet here. If you're Christian banishing the shadow in Jesus name would pretty much solve the problem right there. If not, I don't really have much that can help you not related to it. If you really wanted to split hairs I know holy oil would work. just draw a cross on your door and forehead. Stuff creates a barrier demons can't cross (and besides seeing and feeling it's effectiveness, it is mentioned in the bible itself). If you're not willing to try that, I can't help you sorry *shrugs*

edit: as to the astral thing, I do have a friend where a demon attempted this. As I said, not good...

Edited by shadowx

• 3 weeks later...

That's it.

You'll never get directions though, and you can't turn back. It's hard to say it was worth it. In fact it wouldn't be hell if it was worth it. It's not like "war is hell" because only hell is hell. You don't want to go there, which is why they remain silent when you are on the way.

• Like 1

That's it.

You'll never get directions though, and you can't turn back. It's hard to say it was worth it. In fact it wouldn't be hell if it was worth it. It's not like "war is hell" because only hell is hell. You don't want to go there, which is why they remain silent when you are on the way.

My last sentence in the quote was just a joke.

Of course they won't tell you where they are leading you because deception is in their very nature. Most of the time the victim is totally clueless of what is or about to happen to him if he follows them. And that puts him into a huge disadvantage. A perfect prey.

I agree with you totally that their actual domain is "hell". I have no doubt about that after seeing what I saw and based on the accounts of countless other experiencers. Those that have seen their abodes know with certainty where they originate from. There is a little difference between our beliefs though (if there is any difference). Being a believer in the transcendent *Just* God and an astraller at the same time, I'm forced to differentiate between the eternal hell that the scriptures speak of and the astral hell, the lower dark plane that is reported by some saints in their "visions" of hell. A gloomy place that is not just fire but is also filled with dark and cold putrid atmosphere at the same time, with huge rivers overflowing with thick black sewage and filth. I'm interested to know your thoughts on this.

I think your knowledge too, about them emerging from hell comes from your experiences with them. I would say it was worth it. You can't know the light unless you know the darkness. Experiences contribute to beliefs to the extent that these start becoming like facts for the experiencer. And that is when he is able to differentiate between knowing and believing.

Welcome back. :tu:

Firebearer, you'll probably be fine. Like you, I experienced nightmares and night terrors after I saw a shadow being. They eventually stopped. It was like I outgrew them. You'll likely do the same thing. Pray for deliverance if you think that this experience isn't just normal sleep paralysis. Remember that our eyes and minds can play tricks on us. That's especially true when we have waking dreams.

My last sentence in the quote was just a joke.

Yeah I got that but there's also truth there like any good joke.

Of course they won't tell you where they are leading you because deception is in their very nature. Most of the time the victim is totally clueless of what is or about to happen to him if he follows them. And that puts him into a huge disadvantage. A perfect prey.

Very true.

I agree with you totally that their actual domain is "hell". I have no doubt about that after seeing what I saw and based on the accounts of countless other experiencers. Those that have seen their abodes know with certainty where they originate from. There is a little difference between our beliefs though (if there is any difference). Being a believer in the transcendent *Just* God and an astraller at the same time, I'm forced to differentiate between the eternal hell that the scriptures speak of and the astral hell, the lower dark plane that is reported by some saints in their "visions" of hell. A gloomy place that is not just fire but is also filled with dark and cold putrid atmosphere at the same time, with huge rivers overflowing with thick black sewage and filth. I'm interested to know your thoughts on this.

You don't know my beliefs, if I had any. God has always been a reality for me but I never thought hell was real until I got there. I don't mean a vision or a visit; I mean everything on the line with little chance of escape. My whole life was thrown under the bus for something I did not understand. The scriptures just paint a vague picture of hell and I would include Dante's Inferno etc. It's cold, it's hot, it's dry, it's vast and it sucks. Different people see different parts of it.

I think your knowledge too, about them emerging from hell comes from your experiences with them. I would say it was worth it. You can't know the light unless you know the darkness. Experiences contribute to beliefs to the extent that these start becoming like facts for the experiencer. And that is when he is able to differentiate between knowing and believing.

Welcome back. :tu:

I don't think I can ever say it was worth it. Maybe if things had turned out okay I could say that. I used to think if I mastered meditation and reached nirvana then everything would be okay eventually. But even if you do everything you need to do something can still hit you on your blind side. The mystics will say it was a lesson from the subconscious and even if they are right it doesn't make things alright. I guess that's my problem: I know what they refuse to tell so I can't be fooled again. All I can do now is recover from surgeries and probably be forced to sell my house on the mountain due to side effects. No it was not worth it especially when I was so close to being able to say it was all worth it. But that's just me and everyone gets a different piece of the astral/eternal puzzle so results may vary.

Yeah I got that but there's also truth there like any good joke.

Very true.

You don't know my beliefs, if I had any. God has always been a reality for me but I never thought hell was real until I got there. I don't mean a vision or a visit; I mean everything on the line with little chance of escape. My whole life was thrown under the bus for something I did not understand. The scriptures just paint a vague picture of hell and I would include Dante's Inferno etc. It's cold, it's hot, it's dry, it's vast and it sucks. Different people see different parts of it.

I don't think I can ever say it was worth it. Maybe if things had turned out okay I could say that. I used to think if I mastered meditation and reached nirvana then everything would be okay eventually. But even if you do everything you need to do something can still hit you on your blind side. The mystics will say it was a lesson from the subconscious and even if they are right it doesn't make things alright. I guess that's my problem: I know what they refuse to tell so I can't be fooled again. All I can do now is recover from surgeries and probably be forced to sell my house on the mountain due to side effects. No it was not worth it especially when I was so close to being able to say it was all worth it. But that's just me and everyone gets a different piece of the astral/eternal puzzle so results may vary.

Maybe I didn't express it properly. When speaking of our beliefs and differences between them, I meant only what pertains to the origin of shadow demons from hell, in particular. From what I have read about your experiences that you have posted earlier in this thread, I am able to interpret your particular belief in this area. And this is where I agree with you that they come from hell. Otherwise there are a lot of differences between our beliefs. You mentioned "tara" earlier for instance... well, I am a big critic of Buddhism. You have mentioned Dante's inferno... well, I think it is either fraud or manipulated and overblown to confirm to a bigoted view of a particular group. I also believe that many saints have misinterpreted their "visions" of hell because I believe that the hell that the scriptures speak of is different from the sorrowful realm of the lower planes that those saints have experienced. Well it goes on... but lets put aside these differences for now and focus on what we agree on. The origin of shadow demons. "Hell". Their connection to Satan. Yes, that answers a whole lot of questions. I'm also interested to know if you have met Satan himself. And by that I mean the devil and not a devil among the devils.

Mark, I think your case adds more strength to your viewpoint because you have experienced hell without believing in it. That stops anyone from countering it by claiming that you have experienced it only because of your particular belief or particular mindset. I believe that hell exists whether you believe in it or not. I have collected countless accounts of people who were "taken" to "hell" by shadow entities, their actual domain, and those include accounts of children who were totally unaware of any such idea, leave alone their belief in any heaven or hell.

"Puzzle" about the astral/eternal. Tell you what, I have been banging my head on the wall over this for 20 years now and this is the question that still bothers me most. Although, I have reasons to believe that the lower plane is subject to death and destruction just like the physical realm. I believe that eventually it will cease to exist. And the wretched among its inhabitants will themselves face punishment in hell once all this is done with. You are entitled to disagee though.

What are the side effects and surgeries you are speaking about? You mean that the torment extended to the physical realm? If possible please share. I don't believe in what those "mystics" say either. What if they are themselves deceived? Many among them tend to lull themselves into believing something that goes right against human intuition. Over-optimism and self-deception, neither of these two can stop the real harm that is coming your way.

Edited by XingWi

I can only put my warning across, however whether you beleive or not is up to you.

I have been investigating the paranormal of EVP's and conducted experiments using the Echovox Spirit Voice Generator, to see whether i could receive any responses.

i was able to communicate with my spirit guide, at the point i made communication the spirit guide would not give me their name, however i asked if they would offer protection when i conducted an experiment to contact the Shadow People. Their direct response was "What right do they have to protect you" during the session i heard distinctly "how can i tell him not to do it" push him " push him"

The interesting result i uncovered was the following "IF YOU EVER ESTABLISH CONNECTION" BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN" BUT YOU WILL DIE"

i would attach the file, but it's too big 4meg size, if anyone wants to listen email me on david.bedford28@googlemail.com

it was done through audiacy.

D

Edited by dave1983

Maybe I didn't express it properly. When speaking of our beliefs and differences between them, I meant only what pertains to the origin of shadow demons from hell, in particular. From what I have read about your experiences that you have posted earlier in this thread, I am able to interpret your particular belief in this area. And this is where I agree with you that they come from hell. Otherwise there are a lot of differences between our beliefs. You mentioned "tara" earlier for instance... well, I am a big critic of Buddhism. You have mentioned Dante's inferno... well, I think it is either fraud or manipulated and overblown to confirm to a bigoted view of a particular group. I also believe that many saints have misinterpreted their "visions" of hell because I believe that the hell that the scriptures speak of is different from the sorrowful realm of the lower planes that those saints have experienced. Well it goes on... but lets put aside these differences for now and focus on what we agree on. The origin of shadow demons. "Hell". Their connection to Satan. Yes, that answers a whole lot of questions. I'm also interested to know if you have met Satan himself. And by that I mean the devil and not a devil among the devils.

You are expressing yourself just fine; I'm the delirious one here (pain medication etc.) Tara was just a girl who really wanted to become a monk so I have a lot of respect for her. Making her a god and how various entities evil or divine can take advantage of that is another issue (I don't remember what I said in this thread). Buddhism is a cover for their version of a secret society as is Christianity, Taoism, Hindu etc.--they all have much to hide so I trust none of them based on my own research. Islam is a bit different but lacks discernment from the beginning...but enough about religions; I've lost interest in all of them. Dante was a Artist so I put him on another level left to the interpretation of readers, right or wrong. When you talk of saints I find that interesting. If you already know the truth you can easily see how honest they are and how accurate they are or when they cave to their institution of choice. Moving on...there is a huge difference between a Devil and demons, but you seem to know that. The king of devils, or Satan, might be a required experience at some point. He seemed confined, in my experience, to his golden hall where he has his golden throne from where he easily conducts events around the world. BTW it was interesting to learn that the indigenous culture from where I used to live had old stories that paralleled everything I experienced. But I think all cultures do that to a certain extent. So, before doing any research, I was brought before Satan to test my reaction. I was impressed and wanted to learn but reflexively brought God down into the situation then satan cowered and I was ejected from the location. My impression was he was no longer as powerful as a devil with more mobility, like one who would rule these shadow entities.

Mark, I think your case adds more strength to your viewpoint because you have experienced hell without believing in it. That stops anyone from countering it by claiming that you have experienced it only because of your particular belief or particular mindset. I believe that hell exists whether you believe in it or not. I have collected countless accounts of people who were "taken" to "hell" by shadow entities, their actual domain, and those include accounts of children who were totally unaware of any such idea, leave alone their belief in any heaven or hell.

Agreed, and I have nothing to prove.

"Puzzle" about the astral/eternal. Tell you what, I have been banging my head on the wall over this for 20 years now and this is the question that still bothers me most. Although, I have reasons to believe that the lower plane is subject to death and destruction just like the physical realm. I believe that eventually it will cease to exist. And the wretched among its inhabitants will themselves face punishment in hell once all this is done with. You are entitled to disagee though.

I agree. Sort of like Earth will cease to exist. I guess God could reduce hell to a single element like a lake of fire and then the eternal beings would have nowhere to go, but that's just speculation on my part. I am more inclined to think that since they thrive on destruction they might even enjoy the destruction of their own habitat. It's all so mixed up with earth at the moment(like Jinn) I think it adds to the suffering: hot cold wet dry foggy burning ice etc. these are things people can relate to...more speculation.

What are the side effects and surgeries you are speaking about? You mean that the torment extended to the physical realm? If possible please share. I don't believe in what those "mystics" say either. What if they are themselves deceived? Many among them tend to lull themselves into believing something that goes right against human intuition. Over-optimism and self-deception, neither of these two can stop the real harm that is coming your way.

Yeah it all bleeds over into your physical life. Even if successful in other realms they can still hit you where you live, physically.

IMO <-------to ward off skeptical arguments.

Edited by markprice

Im sorry I did not get to this earlier, you are experiencing a classic sleep paralysis event and altered states, I have got some tips for you to defeat this thing but this is not not the place to discuss it. Feel free to pm me.

You are expressing yourself just fine; I'm the delirious one here (pain medication etc.) Tara was just a girl who really wanted to become a monk so I have a lot of respect for her. Making her a god and how various entities evil or divine can take advantage of that is another issue (I don't remember what I said in this thread). Buddhism is a cover for their version of a secret society as is Christianity, Taoism, Hindu etc.--they all have much to hide so I trust none of them based on my own research. Islam is a bit different but lacks discernment from the beginning...but enough about religions; I've lost interest in all of them. Dante was a Artist so I put him on another level left to the interpretation of readers, right or wrong. When you talk of saints I find that interesting. If you already know the truth you can easily see how honest they are and how accurate they are or when they cave to their institution of choice. Moving on...there is a huge difference between a Devil and demons, but you seem to know that. The king of devils, or Satan, might be a required experience at some point. He seemed confined, in my experience, to his golden hall where he has his golden throne from where he easily conducts events around the world. BTW it was interesting to learn that the indigenous culture from where I used to live had old stories that paralleled everything I experienced. But I think all cultures do that to a certain extent. So, before doing any research, I was brought before Satan to test my reaction. I was impressed and wanted to learn but reflexively brought God down into the situation then satan cowered and I was ejected from the location. My impression was he was no longer as powerful as a devil with more mobility, like one who would rule these shadow entities.

That's very interesting. The golden hall and the golden throne. The description seems to match with what many other experiencers have witnessed. Some add to this description that his aura is golden too. Some others have also witnessed some of the events that take place in there.

It is no wonder that many other cultures describe it the same way. Conversely, it makes more sense that Parallel "mythologies" across different cultures that had no ways to communicate with one another, must have had a common real source rather than just plagiarism of one from the other.

I agree. Sort of like Earth will cease to exist. I guess God could reduce hell to a single element like a lake of fire and then the eternal beings would have nowhere to go, but that's just speculation on my part. I am more inclined to think that since they thrive on destruction they might even enjoy the destruction of their own habitat. It's all so mixed up with earth at the moment(like Jinn) I think it adds to the suffering: hot cold wet dry foggy burning ice etc. these are things people can relate to...more speculation.

That's a very good point you have made. I was curious if you would bring this up. It's all mixed-up with earth (like Jinn). Like you, even I believe that there is a mix up with "Jinn" in the sense how this term has begun to be used among the public, and how it is being misused by certain authors/researchers.

I'm not saying shadows are not Jinn. They are Jinn of course. But then according to the middle-eastern traditions, every creation from the spirit realm that is not an angel can be called a Jinn. So familiars can be called jinn, just as the devil and his minions can be called Jinn. Even non-sentient entities from the spirit world can be called Jinn. So a term so generic when used for shadow entities conveys nothing about what they specifically are. So calling shadow demons as Jinn is just as specific as calling sulfuric acid as liquid, a term that can be used for milk as well.

Now this is where lies the confusion. The term Jinn has begun to be used now in public predominantly for certain sentient "terrestrial" spirits that have equal capacity to be good and evil. But the problem is, these shadow entities are unlike any "terrestrial" spirit. They exist at a much higher level, they belong to an entirely different world. They work at a very different level, right through your consciousness. Not only human consciousness but also through the consciousness of any "terrestrial" spirit.

The subject of shadows forms an important part of theology especially eschatology, so comparative theology has always been of interest to me. And for that I have been seeking expert theologians from various religions and exchanging information with them for a long time. The middle-eastern theologians I discussed with, know very well what shadows are and they also have specific names for them. Shayatin/Shayateen and Qareen. They prefer to use these names rather than calling them just Jinns, well obviously for discernment. Shayatin is used for individual shadows and Qareen for self-shadow a part of you (the type of shadow that was mentioned by Carl Jung). Their theologians have always associated individual shadows with the devil and have always attributed evil to the self-shadows. As for their public, well they are masses and lack the knowledge of their own traditions and can lack discernment just like the masses of any other culture.

This is a Muslim website that speaks of the devil's shadow (shadows according to their tradition are related to the devil):

http://www.cureofblackmagic.com/tag/devils-shadow/

This is another Muslim article that speaks of the second type of shadow, the self-shadow:

http://www.quranichealing.com/blog/the-qareen-hamzaad-companion-comrade-jinn-the-2nd-you/

(The second article is very cheesy and the author is a poor researcher. He has made some errors and has even given a link to an illusionary magic trick Ha Ha!. I quoted the link only as it mentions self-shadows and has some interesting pictures.)

A better article on self-shadows is here on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qareen

So the middle-eastern traditions are very clear about these entities and have specific names for them. But sadly, only "Jinn" is being propagated by some western researchers. And I think this "mixing up" is part of the reason why many westerners are inclined to attribute benevolence to shadow entities. It is for this reason I do not prefer to call them Jinn not because they do not belong to the category but because how it is being used now predominantly for certain other entities.

It is very interesting to see how changing the name of these entities from Shayatin and taking it to the general level and calling them Jinn can shift the perception of masses about them, just like the misleading term "shadow people" itself. Was it really nescessary to invent this new misleading name "shadow people" when we already had scores of names for them? Yet this new name has somehow become popular overriding all the previous names against all odds. Can the popularization of this new name be a scheme of shadows themselves to shift the beliefs of the masses? You must be thinking I'm paranoid for suspecting global scheming in this, but trust me, from what I have seen and how deceptively they can work through the consciousnesses of the masses, I wouldn't be surprised if it is really a part of their scheme.

Yeah it all bleeds over into your physical life. Even if successful in other realms they can still hit you where you live, physically.

IMO <-------to ward off skeptical arguments.

Yes, I'm aware of the effects of astral on the physical. Like cascading or precipitation from top to bottom or from the inside to the outside. But again top bottom and inside outside are just words just like suffering, sorrow, pain, agony, remorse and so on… and I agree with you that no words can ever describe the actual torment.

Mark, if it is inconvenient for you to carry on the discussion now then you can do it later after you recover from the surgeries.

Take care.

I read almost all of this thread and was surprised to find it was still going as late as last week.

I moved into a trailer last year and had the feeling of being watched through two different windows as well as the mirrors, also a back bedroom that we hardly used. It felt slightly malicious, and occasionally the hair on my neck would stand up and the dogs would growl. My roommate sometimes felt it, too, but not as much as me.

My grandfather passed away last summer, and I moved. About a week later, my son came running out of our room scared to death, complaining about "The man with the hat" looking in through the window. I told him it was probably granddad, but he was sure it wasn't. After that he was afraid every night at bedtime, and when he comes here to visit, he doesn't like to be in any room alone. We have a skylight in the bathroom and he was worried that someone could watch him through it.

I took my oldest home and brought my youngest here. Without ever having a chance to talk to his brother about this, he, too, worried complained that there was someone watching through the window almost every night. Both of them when visiting are very hesitant about going to sleep in that room without lots of lights.

As for me, I often have the distinct impression that I am being watched in there. It comes from the window, the closet, and the vent. I don't see anything, but I feel like I am being watched quite intently. I sometimes wake with this same feeling. I have had nightmares where I woke up with the sleep paralysis and the feeling of being watched. I turn the light on and stay up until dawn.

I have often "seen" shadow people out of the corner of my eye. I still don't like mirrors. There is one in particular in the hallway facing my room that bothers me.

I am prone to depression and the negative feelings that entails, and I have been questioning my life a lot--for quite a while now. The house was full of sorrow in the wake of granddad's death, but when we lived in the original trailer, there was nothing particularly negative going on--although I did have a very bad experience a few months after moving in that set of my depression initially, and the feelings of being watched seemed to get more intense after that. I had bad nightmares and insomnia for a while, especially after everyone had moved out but me; now, here, insomnia has been a problem, and nightmares are occasionally a problem--often with the sleep paralysis and the watched feeling afterwards.

I was discussing parasitic attachments with someone, stumbled across the idea of shadow people, and honed right in on these stories about the Hat Man. It's odd that so many people had seen this figure and that my son had as well; at age 7, he is too young to have picked up this image somewhere, so I know he must have seen soemthing or thought he did. When he told me about the figure, he didn't give much detail, but in my mind I saw a man in a beige 3-peice suit, with a brimmed hat--very similar to how my grandfather dressed, but not him. I don't know if what my son saw was the same, but I have long shown signs of being an empath and if I were to question him I would not be surprised if I was right. It is just so strange to see so many people describe seeing something similar.

I have seen a "shadow person" myself only once. It was not black, though, or white. It was gray and rather translucent. I woke from a normal dream and it was standing in the middle of my room, a few feet from my bed, just watching me. I sat up and just looked at it, and it looked at me--and I tried to "feel" it, to see if I could sense any malicious energy. I couldn't. What I felt off of him was... a sense of imposition--that he was imposing, or that I was imposing, uncertainty as if he was surprised or didn't know what to do, fear, and again not malice but sort of a sense that he would defend himself if he had to? His shape was just a man, with no features, no expression; he sort of misted away after a few minutes. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me but whenever I recall this, it was just too fully shaped to have been a trick of the mind or the light. I don't think it was a ghost because I did get the feeling that it was intelligent. When it left, I got up and warded my door and the door to my kids' room, and it never came back.

• Like 2