Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

Lucky7

Hello Everyone, Welcome to my thread about the Hatman and shadow people. I have seen both the hatman and the shadow people. Many times and very clearly and in broad daylight each time. For those of us who have been visited, I am wondering what we have in common. Why are we being selected to have these visitations? Do we have anything in common, or is it just random?

If we can find some common ground, we might be able to figure out what it is that these shadows want from us.

I will start by telling you what I was going through at the time I saw these beings. I was living alone, I was renting a very large Victorian House in London. I was going through a divorce at the time and very emotional. I was crying every day and going over and over my life choices. I felt despair and emotional upheaval as the reason I was renting this house was because I had moved out of my own house.

What were you experiencing at the time in your life when you saw the shadows?

• Like 9

whats the hatman?

An extra from an old gangster movie, possibly. :P When they start packing Tommy guns, look out !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

whats the hatman?

"The Hat Man’s gear consists of what can be described as him wearing a long-black trench coat, three-piece suit, white collared shirt, and a flat rimmed gaucho hat. Some have even reported seeing a gold watch hanging on his side on a chain. Some people describe seeing red eyes, others see solid black eyes if they see any eyes at all under the shadow of his hat."

READ MORE HERE

• Like 1

Hello Everyone, Welcome to my thread about the Hatman and shadow people. I have seen both the hatman and the shadow people. Many times and very clearly and in broad daylight each time. For those of us who have been visited, I am wondering what we have in common. Why are we being selected to have these visitations? Do we have anything in common, or is it just random?

If we can find some common ground, we might be able to figure out what it is that these shadows want from us.

I will start by telling you what I was going through at the time I saw these beings. I was living alone, I was renting a very large Victorian House in London. I was going through a divorce at the time and very emotional. I was crying every day and going over and over my life choices. I felt despair and emotional upheaval as the reason I was renting this house was because I had moved out of my own house.

I have seen the hat man a few times. Last time it was in broad daylight in someone's yard. I see shadow people alot too. I'm not sure why some people see them a lot but it could be alot of reasons. For example, My friend, Lori, Used to see shadow people all the time and soon after she would see one a friend of hers would die. She lost about 8 friends and then stopped seeing them.

EDIT: I wasn't really experiencing anything tragic or anything that I can think of when I've seen them. They are just there. They haven't caused any harm to me.

Edited by Disembodied Voice

whats the hatman?

I have seen the hatman as well; he is a known ghost/shadow that has been seen under a bridge near a local shops where I grew up

He is a urban legend in canberra

What I and a friend saw was a defined shadow of a man with a top hat and jacket and pants walking! (A english gentle man?) he was so defined my friend and I looked for the man and how the shadow was cast but nothing.

Heaps of people have seen the shadow or a ghost, usually a shadow during the day under the bridge and a ghost at night walking from the street light to the bridge even some people have heard his foot steps

I have never seen Hat Man, and I am so glad because just the thought of him freaks me out. I also think the most scary shadowy person / spirit is the "Thin Man." Not much scares me, but images of him freak me out terribly.

I feel badly for those who cannot unsee what has been seen. *shivers*

Edited by Amberlight
  • Like 3

I do believe there is an old forum about shadow people with loads of information on Shadow people and Hat Man.. Perhaps you should of posted there?

I always saw shadow people when I was child. They don't mean no harm :)

• Like 2

I do believe there is an old forum about shadow people with loads of information on Shadow people and Hat Man.. Perhaps you should of posted there?

I always saw shadow people when I was child. They don't mean no harm :)

Thank you for your post. I have posted on the old thread. This subject, the topic I am discussing here is specific. I want to know what those of us who have seen the hatman have in common with each other.

Would you please share your experience here? What were you experiencing in your life when you saw the shadows/hatman? Were you in trauma, did the shadows speak to you? How do you know that they mean no harm? What do you think that they wanted from you?

• Like 2

I have seen the hatman as well; he is a known ghost/shadow that has been seen under a bridge near a local shops where I grew up

He is a urban legend in canberra

What I and a friend saw was a defined shadow of a man with a top hat and jacket and pants walking! (A english gentle man?) he was so defined my friend and I looked for the man and how the shadow was cast but nothing.

Heaps of people have seen the shadow or a ghost, usually a shadow during the day under the bridge and a ghost at night walking from the street light to the bridge even some people have heard his foot steps

What were you going through at the time when you saw him? Were you in a relationship at the time? I'm looking for any common ground that people who see him share.... anything you could add would help. :)

• Like 1

I have never seen Hat Man, and I am so glad because just the thought of him freaks me out. I also think the most scary shadowy person / spirit is the "Thin Man." Not much scares me, but images of him freak me out terribly.

I feel badly for those who cannot unsee what has been seen. *shivers*

Consider yourself lucky Amberlight. I hope that you never do see this thing. The experiences I had will stay with me for my lifetime.

I have seen the hat man a few times. Last time it was in broad daylight in someone's yard. I see shadow people alot too. I'm not sure why some people see them a lot but it could be alot of reasons. For example, My friend, Lori, Used to see shadow people all the time and soon after she would see one a friend of hers would die. She lost about 8 friends and then stopped seeing them.

EDIT: I wasn't really experiencing anything tragic or anything that I can think of when I've seen them. They are just there. They haven't caused any harm to me.

I am wondering what you and I have in common. We are both female. Do you come from divorced parents? Did you have a fight with someone that day? Were you reviewing your life around that time? Were you about to make a big decision in your life at that time? Do you think that they are harbingers of death? What does your friend have to say about them? *sorry for the barrage of questions*.... anything you can add would help. We must have something in common.... what could it be. I'm thinking that this thing would only appear to people who fit a certain requirement. Otherwise, everyone would see it.

you all have wishful thinking, see floaters, over active imagination and remember things in the hypnogogic state.

• Like 3

you all have wishful thinking, see floaters, over active imagination and remember things in the hypnogogic state.

I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself. I did not imagine it.

• Like 2

I have seen one shadow person once (actually it could've been two, but if so, they both looked identical except the size).

I was outside at night, and noticed a huge shadow of a person wearing what looked like a cloak moving across the ground on a field, but the shadow had no source, nothing was casting it. I wasn't scared at all, in fact I was really interested in what this was, so I followed it for a few seconds, but it was ridiculously fast and quickly got away from me.

I went in the direction it was moving when I lost it, because I was really fascinated by this thing and wanted to find it, and eventually I saw it again, but this time it wasn't on the ground, it was floating in midair and was a bit smaller, but other than that it was identical to the one I had seen on the ground. It also looked REALLY weird, I can't explain exactly how, but it just seemed out of place, like it wasn't part of the world, it's like it was there, but at the same time wasn't. It "floated" around in the air for a few seconds, seemingly looking at the various trees and plants (this took place in a forest next to the field where I first saw it), then it suddenly "jumped" sideways ridiculously fast and vanished into thin air.

Also, I don't think it had anything to do with me whatsoever, because it completely ignored me, didn't even look in my direction (although it had no visible face, I could kind of see in what direction it was facing). Whatever it was, it was just minding its own business, and I just happened to witness it.

• Like 3

I am wondering what you and I have in common. We are both female. Do you come from divorced parents? Did you have a fight with someone that day? Were you reviewing your life around that time? Were you about to make a big decision in your life at that time? Do you think that they are harbingers of death? What does your friend have to say about them? *sorry for the barrage of questions*.... anything you can add would help. We must have something in common.... what could it be. I'm thinking that this thing would only appear to people who fit a certain requirement. Otherwise, everyone would see it.

My parents divorced when I was 3 years old.

I don't think I was in a fight whenever I see them

It happens just randomly I don't really review my life around the time i see them

I don't think I was about to make a big decision when I've seen them. But I am not sure. Maybe once or twice?.idk

I'm not sure if they bring death or not but according to my friend when she sees one someone dies. But nothing like that has happened to me when I've seen one.

Please don't mock me but mediums/clairvoyants run in the women on my mother's side of the family.

I've had a lot of paranormal or unexplained experiences.

I've actually seen a shadow cat in my apartment (I don't know if that has any significance or not)

I have had a pretty tragic childhood/teenage years.

That's about all I can think of for now...hope that helped :)

Being able to see shadow people is making you aware of a gift.. negativity draws or calls them but, if you can see them that's not all you can see.. I believe God shows you the bad first so you are aware and allows you to have experiences so you understand the difference.. but, your growth is upto how much you want to learn.. Just never fear them (shadow people). I believe they lived before because if you see enough of them they will be different shapes and sizes.. I've never tried to communicate with them and now because I am past the awareness if I were to see them then I would closer at the company I kept.

All The Glory BElongs To God Forever!

• Like 1

My parents divorced when I was 3 years old.

I don't think I was in a fight whenever I see them

It happens just randomly I don't really review my life around the time i see them

I don't think I was about to make a big decision when I've seen them. But I am not sure. Maybe once or twice?.idk

I'm not sure if they bring death or not but according to my friend when she sees one someone dies. But nothing like that has happened to me when I've seen one.

Please don't mock me but mediums/clairvoyants run in the women on my mother's side of the family.

I've had a lot of paranormal or unexplained experiences.

I've actually seen a shadow cat in my apartment (I don't know if that has any significance or not)

I have had a pretty tragic childhood/teenage years.

That's about all I can think of for now...hope that helped :)

Yes, that has helped. Will explain more later...

I do believe that I am a loner on this one. I have seen the hatman several times ... yet only at night. I have seen the bogcreeper once which seemed to be more of a dark hooded type mist. The bogcreepers are associated with an area down the road. Not SP's associated with people.

Yet I am not one to agree about the negativity of the hatman. I have tended to see "it" in good times more than bad ones. For example when I was a freshman in college and won a thousand dollars the very next day playing the lottery. Or like the time in high school when on the day of this experience my grandmother came out of a "over" year long coma. I actually can't think of a bad occasion around one of my experiences. :huh:

Yes I have feared the hatman but I no longer do. Hell I do not believe there are many people in the world who would not flip out with that hovering over you in the middle of the night ... or day.

And yes on many an occasion ... I certainly flipped out!!! :blink:

• Like 2

I am beginning to think that perhaps some of the hatmen are good and some are bad. Surely, it couldn't be the same hatman appearing to everyone in different countries... there has to be more than one hatman? Maybe they are curious about our human events and just like to hang around and watch us. What do you think? :wacko:

Edit: I have always seen the hatman in broad daylight. Never at night and never in my living space. I have seen him 4 times but always with the smaller ones with him, fluttering around him, following him. Then he would stop and they would bunch up behind him sort of like how children might behave and then the small ones would sit on the windows looking in at me.

Edited by Sevenof Seven

I am beginning to think that perhaps some of the hatmen are good and some are bad. Surely, it couldn't be the same hatman appearing to everyone in different countries... there has to be more than one hatman? Maybe they are curious about our human events and just like to hang around and watch us. What do you think? :wacko:

Edit: I have always seen the hatman in broad daylight. Never at night and never in my living space. I have seen him 4 times but always with the smaller ones with him, fluttering around him, following him. Then he would stop and they would bunch up behind him sort of like how children might behave and then the small ones would sit on the windows looking in at me.

I belive that good and bad could be precisly correct. Even on ghost hunter shows the SP's seem to run away. Maybe they are just as afraid of us or maybe even more afraid than we are. The Bogcreepers here from the experiences of many always flee when they are seen.

I would sacrifice my left nut to even have half a clue to what they are. When I first learned of them I was told that they were the most evil thing in the world. After seeing them many times I learned to calm my fears and for my past few experiences I looked calmly at them and they do seem to flee.

SP's have been seen around the world throughout history. I am still on the same level as Dr. Michael Persinger who believes that if they are not a mind flux then those who see them are tuned in at times like a radio. This means it all has to do with Electromagentic Frequencies. Certain people who's Alpha, Beta and Gamma brain frequencies can tune in.

What do you guys/girls think???

• Like 2

I have always seen the hatman in broad daylight. Never at night and never in my living space. I have seen him 4 times but always with the smaller ones with him, fluttering around him, following him. Then he would stop and they would bunch up behind him sort of like how children might behave and then the small ones would sit on the windows looking in at me.

I am getting the chills so bad reading this. There are smaller ones too? Do they look like mini Hat Men? I wonder if these smaller ones are "familiars" loyal to the Hatman. I have read that spirits have a rank system like humans, so it makes me wonder.

I am getting the chills so bad reading this. There are smaller ones too? Do they look like mini Hat Men? I wonder if these smaller ones are "familiars" loyal to the Hatman. I have read that spirits have a rank system like humans, so it makes me wonder.

Yes, there are small ones that only have a head and shoulders. After having 7 of them land on the bay window, I was able to see that each one was a unique shape. They appear to be individuals. I sat in a chair facing them and staring them down until they decided to leave. I have never been so scared in all my life.

Please share what you know about a ranking system for spirits? I have never heard this before.

Friends and family members have seen him in my aunts house. I thought it was just a ghost(maybe an indian?) that died in the area long ago.

One night my aunt got up at 3am to prepare a bottle for her child. As she turned back she noticed a shadow of a man with a hat near the lamp table in the living room. She asked him what he's doing standing there in the dar, she thought it was her husband - to her horror, she soon realized it was much bigger and seemed almost menacing ...she ran screaming into her bedroom teling her husband she had seen a ghost.

If this matter(as it relates to the Hat man), that house has been plagued with problems. Not the actual house, but the people who live in it. Everyone cusses, everyone is rude - people do drugs, people cheat on each other, there's greedyness..fights, drama etc... the air is thick..there's tension. I've felt it and I don't like going to the house. My aunt has a collection of porcelain dolls too, not that it matters but- it adds to the creepiness factor. I think it's a sad house.

I don't normally believe in things like auras people give off, but I get bad vibes(not evil) from everyone there...the energy is bad.