Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

Lucky7

Alone in my room and a shadow person (full body shot) staring at me through a turned off tv.

I know this sounds obvious but are you sure it wasn't your own reflection? I know you checked the other occasions so I'm guessing you did with this too.

As to the other occasions they sound about usual (though I find the cat interesting :) )

Can you tell us how you felt at the time/what was going on in life? I know some people see them when feeling stressed, depressed etc.

I have not seen 'Shadow people' in a while.

Ironically, it was these experiences one shaken night that led me to joining this forum for advice.

The air seems very still, kept well. Maybe not structured - for when you see them in the corner of your eye it is unsettling at first. After the unnerving delirium to adjust, breathe. You anticipate to see more - or even perhaps the same one. Once you get used to it the same feeling comes back, though more contained. You realize it is just a common occurrence now. They may continue after that. Or they may vanish altogether.

I have seen one walking through my dresser, sitting in my chair beside my bed; I heard someone sitting there, and saw a shadow in the sliding glass mirror closet door I had. I have also seen one in the reflection on a golden knob that opens my pantry. The most often I did encounter them was in hallways, it seemed. The fact I had more than one encounter outside of the hallways encouraged me that it was not an optical illusion created by lighting.

Odd phenomenon.

I know this sounds obvious but are you sure it wasn't your own reflection? I know you checked the other occasions so I'm guessing you did with this too.

As to the other occasions they sound about usual (though I find the cat interesting :) )

Can you tell us how you felt at the time/what was going on in life? I know some people see them when feeling stressed, depressed etc.

With the Tv, that was not me in the reflection, i was sitting down, it was standing up.

Well, im pretty much always pessimistic and at one point i was very depressed. SevenofSeven says that we all may have "Emotional turmoil". This may be the case.

With the Tv, that was not me in the reflection, i was sitting down, it was standing up.

Well, im pretty much always pessimistic and at one point i was very depressed. SevenofSeven says that we all may have "Emotional turmoil". This may be the case.

Thought so. Just checking :)

Yes, I've seen that comment and it seems to match the majority of people who see them but i know myself and a few others have seen them without any emotional turmoil. Mine seem to be associated with home. I see them reasonably often there (maybe 1 or 2 a year) but none here at uni as yet. I wonder if there're different kinds; some associated with places, some with emotions?

Thought so. Just checking :)

Yes, I've seen that comment and it seems to match the majority of people who see them but i know myself and a few others have seen them without any emotional turmoil. Mine seem to be associated with home. I see them reasonably often there (maybe 1 or 2 a year) but none here at uni as yet. I wonder if there're different kinds; some associated with places, some with emotions?

That is an interesting idea, Setton. It has been suggested that they have a heirarchy and it would not surpise me to find out that they also serve different purposes. Perhaps it is emotion that draws them. Deep emotions. Having said that, I've never heard of anyone seeing them on their wedding day or a graduation day or a celebratory ocassion, but they seem to show up at times of suffering, illness, divorce, death. ?

Perhaps they are interested in the human condition, but the negative side of our existence that is filled with fear, self-doubt, self-loathing. My advice to everyone is to overcome your fears, face them, be as confident in yourself that you are able to be and push this dark force away. And to the people that have had good experiences, I say good for you but I wouldn't be so quick to think that this force is a good one. It may just be in disguise.

Why do they have to be "good" or "bad"? These are human constructs not found in nature. In nature there is only beneficial and hindrance, success and failure, stimulus and response.

They aren't people. They probably aren't even a "they" Who has been hurt? Show me someone who has a real reason to be oh-so-afraid of this phenomenon. I see them all the time and I always have. Never ONCE did anything negative ever happen.

Maybe the issue isn't the shadow figures at all. Maybe it's you.

Edited by BlackCurtains
  • Like 1

I can tell you my experience was terrifying to me. I was sixteen, and dabbling in the occult at the time. One evening, I was having a very difficult time getting to sleep. I was tossing and turning in bed, when I began to feel apprehensive. I had the feeling that I was not alone in my very small bedroom. I half sat up in bed, and looking out my window, saw the shadowy outline of a man's shadow outside my window. I should pause to tell you that I lived in a second-story apartment, and there were no trees, no ledges, and no other means for someone to be standing outside my window. I was struck dumb, unable to call for help, and unable to scream. I looked away, then at the window again, and the shadow was gone. I began to get out of bed to go to my mother, when I realized that the shadow of a very tall man stood in the doorway of my room. There was only the dark shadow of this thing, no discernible features, which is strange, because the streetlamps outside should have thrown some kind of light on it. I became very child-like in that moment, pulling the covers up over my head, and reciting every prayer I knew, to any god or goddess that would listen. After several quiet minutes, I slowly pulled down the covers and found myself alone in the room. I scrambled to the end of the bed, and reached for the light switch next to the door. I had nearly reached it, hoping to dissipate the darkness, when I heard a growl, like that of a very large and very p***ed off dog. It sounded like it was on the floor next to my bed, and stopped as soon as I stopped trying to turn on the light. Needless to say, I did not sleep for the rest of the night. I sat up in bed, in the corner farthest from the door, with my back up against the wall until the sun rose outside my window. Only then did I turn on the light and open my door. Feeling safer, I fell asleep for a few hours until I heard the rest of my family waking for the day. I initially dismissed my night terror as just a bad dream with a terrible misinterpretation of time sequence, until I spoke with my very skeptical step-sister. She walked past me in the hall, and mentioned the strange dream she'd had about a shadowy man floating outside her window. Every time I retell this story, the hair on my arms still raises.

In a way I think you are correct. It may be only our ignorance that causes the fear. We fear what we don't understand. It is not something normal, not everyone will believe such a story, because it is so taboo we are afraid. However I do think there is something very eerie about it on another level. I'm not sure what it is, but it is certainly part of life. Weather it's physical , spiritual, or part of our psyche i'm not sure. It would be very interesting to see a scientific study about this, to try and figure out exactly what it is.

Edit: @BlackCurtains

Edited by Dharma Deviant
  • Like 1

My mother and I saw a shadow person about three or so years ago -- we were the only two in the house and the lights that were on were in such a fashion that it is physically impossible for a shadow to be cast along the wall that he walked near. We have always cast it aside -- however, our neighbors were talking with my mother about a figure they saw -- the way they describe it could be a confederate soldier or, what seems to fit more to me, something closer to the Hatman.. The woman who told my mother about it lives across the street. When she had seen him, she did all she could to cast it off as being part of a light night grogginess -- until her daughter came running into her room the next night because she had seen the same man.

The area my mother lives in seems to have this haunting in common -- the figure has been seen in the house across from hers and the house directly behind hers. The only thing I don't see in the description of what I have looked up -- and I could have overlooked -- is the fact the man also wielded a knife.

The people behind my mother described a similar figure, but it peered out at them from their closet doorway, its eyes seeming to glow red.

Edited by -Jaded.Silhouette-

This is a very interesting encounter. So, you got the feeling that they were friendly? Well, they are visible because they also live on Earth with us. There is nothing other worldly about them, although they must know different information to us and live in a different form. I am convinced that they are just tired of being in the shadows and that they want to learn about us and possibly they want to have more human traits. Imagine living in the shadows your whole life... it must be a strange existence for them. They want to be seen. Did you feel that they were reading your mind? Did you have any other thoughts when you saw them?

Yes, I felt they were friendly. Not malevolent.

They seem curious and want to interact.

No, I didn’t think they were trying to read my mind.

I think they want my attention.

I think they are a go-between, between us and something else.

I’ve had ‘communications’ with other things in these same woods.

The shadow people are close enough to our reality so we can sometimes see and interact with them.

Saw an article about shadow people/ hat man were it gives a few possible explanations, one of them states that shadow people could actually be caused by a manisfestation of the persons emotions. It also suggest they could be demons as some wittness' feel afraid and a sense of evil during their experience.

Heres the article for anyone intrested Shadow people

Why do they have to be "good" or "bad"? These are human constructs not found in nature. In nature there is only beneficial and hindrance, success and failure, stimulus and response.

They aren't people. They probably aren't even a "they" Who has been hurt? Show me someone who has a real reason to be oh-so-afraid of this phenomenon. I see them all the time and I always have. Never ONCE did anything negative ever happen.

Maybe the issue isn't the shadow figures at all. Maybe it's you.

Thank you for posting. Yes, I agree that good and bad are constructs of a mind capable of thought, be it a human mind or other type of mind. While I agree that the subject we are discussing are not human beings, they are a conscience being capable of thought forms and actions. While you say that you have had good experiences, some other people's experiences have not been good and some people are saying that they have had negative things happen. Also, some people claim that they are indeed afraid of these shadow beings. While you may not have had this experience yourself, it is important to remember that there are other people who have had different experiences to yourself which also require patience, understanding and tolerance.

Have you seen the hatman and/or the smaller ones? Would you care to share your experience with us?

Saw an article about shadow people/ hat man were it gives a few possible explanations, one of them states that shadow people could actually be caused by a manisfestation of the persons emotions. It also suggest they could be demons as some wittness' feel afraid and a sense of evil during their experience.

Heres the article for anyone intrested Shadow people

This is a great link. Thank you for posting it. Also, I did not know this, but there are several books about this subject that I found through your link that I have found very helpful and interesting. I wonder if my local library has these books so that I don't have to buy them.

Yes, I felt they were friendly. Not malevolent.

They seem curious and want to interact.

No, I didn’t think they were trying to read my mind.

I think they want my attention.

I think they are a go-between, between us and something else.

I’ve had ‘communications’ with other things in these same woods.

The shadow people are close enough to our reality so we can sometimes see and interact with them.

Did you talk with them? Did they say anything to you? What do you think is the 'something else' that they are a go-between to? death? another world? a higher entity?

Sorry for the length of this post (being my first and all), and hello everyone.

I've seen the Hatman, at least I think it was him. Here's my story.

When I was young I didn't know left from right, I just couldn't for the life of me grasp it. One night he came. All in black with a brimmed hat and yellow eyes. He taught me which was which and lifted me up and placed me in a garbage bag with some clothes. I crawled out unharmed, but a little shaken. The next day my mother asked who I was talking to. She said she could hear me saying "This is my left hand, and this is my right". She then had me demonstrate my left and right hands to her. I told her about my visitor, she thought I was just imagining it.

To this day I can still remember that night and the hatman. I'm not sure why he put me in that bag especially after our lesson.

This one is about Shadow People. I haven't seen them but,

My uncle saw something a few days after his mother died. He said it was a grey-black mist that moved across the dinning room forming an upper body as it went. It walked passed his father who was sitting at the table. My uncle tried to say something but couldn't get the words out only noise. His father kept asking what was wrong him. The mist moved out throught the wall and wasn't seen again. I believe he saw something that night as when he told me I could see the fear in his eyes.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone :)

HERE I WILL ONLY DISCUSS ABOUT HATMAN OR HOODED-FIGURE AND HOW TO GET RID OF IT. MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS CREATURE IS A BIT DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS BECAUSE I TOOK AN AGGRESIVE STAND AGAINST IT.

I have been visited by this entity more than once. In my case, it was not this hat-wearing figure. It was rather a hooded figure that seemed like the "grim reaper (death figure)".

I have collected so much data about this entity from then on and based on these statistics and my own experiences I am pretty sure of what I am saying here.

On the onset let me clarify something. Hatman and Hooded Figure are a distinct species of the genus "shadow people". Shadow people are of all kinds, animals, birds, human like figures. These classes of entities live among us but do not cross their boundaries and do not appear in front of us. If they do, may be, it's out of curiosity and they may pose no threat and may be they are friendly. However, if you are visited by hatman or hooded figure then you have to be concerned because they are there for only one reason: to kill you or harm you at the very least. If you think they are there just to watch you because they did not do you any harm then it is an assumption based on very limited data. You cannot rule out the possibility that they may be waiting for a chance to harm you. Their appearance is not related to any emotional turmoil or any sad events in the life of the victim. A majority of these visits take place after the victim accidentally happens to see some paranormal entity or purposefully delves into paranormal studies or the victim has some psychic abilities and can sense various kinds of hidden entities. These entities which are intelligent species, most probably, do not want their world to be exposed and they fear becoming vulnerable, therefore, may be, they become concerned about it and come to the victim either to kill him by choking his/her breath during sleep by sitting on the chest (sleep paralysis) or pulling the victim out of his body (OBE) or at the very least scare him so that he refrains from what he is doing. There are many reported deaths during sleep paralysis. You can read on that in medical articles on sleep paralysis. There are also a few visits to people living in a particular house that these entities desire to inhabit, so they come to clear the house of these human inhabitants by scaring them or killing them, so that they can later inhabit it with their families. A very few visits also occur in case of mentally ill people. Some schizophrenic patients reported seeing these entities. Hallucinations in case of these mentally ill patients can be ruled out by this simple statistical analysis that almost all the patients report this entity with remarkably similar features and most of these patients had never seen or heard about these entities prior to that. Most probably, these entities, feel relaxed in front of these mentally ill patients thinking that no one would believe them if they say they saw them so they appear freely in front of them.

All this is based on what I deduced from hundreds of stories about these encounters. This is specific about hatman or hooded figure and not about shadow people in general. People here seem to generalize hatman/hooded-figure to shadow people and think that they are not malevolent. Believe me they are malevolent unlike other shadow creatures.

As for my experience with this creature, I was visited by one such entity while I was sleeping...he pressed me down on my bed ...I woke up afraid and soon experienced my first sleep paralysis episode and out of body experience at the same time...after some time I was able to free myself. After this encounter, I began collecting information on this creature and came to conclusion that hatman or hooded-figure is definitely there to harm you. The thing that concerned me most was the death of numerous people in SP episodes. I was angry and infuriated about thinking that someone tried to kill me for no valid reasonl. After collecting all sorts of information on this creature I came to realize that it is afraid of us as much as we are afraid of it. Why would it run away from us when we gain back control of our bodies after SP episode? Moreover, these entities can touch us and logically it means that we can touch them too and whatever we can touch physically, we have the potential to harm it too. So after a few more encounters that were definitely hostile I finally made a firm resolution that the next time it came for me I would not wait to defend myself, I would attack it first. So it came again after a few months while I was asleep...was half-way through sleep paralysis already...I realized that...did not let him control my body and was ultimately free to move my limbs...while it was still there trying to push me back to sleep...I was infuriated for what it did in previous encounters....in anger, I grabbed its head screaming out loud cursing him and asking him to leave me alone...I pressed its head with the intention to crush it to death...I was literally intending to kill it because it tried to kill me too and I was not afraid to kill it (who would prosecute me for killing him anyway? :lol: )...holding its head tight felt something like what you would feel if you try to bring together two strong magnets with similar poles facing each other...that repulsive force...the best I can describe it is as a dense elastic dry gaseous fluid which rebounds if you compress it but ultimately gives in to pressure over a certain threshold...anyway, as I started crushing its head hard it began dissipating into air and disappeared after forming separate small globules. I am sure, although I couldn't kill it, I was definitely able to scare it and believe me it worked. This entity never returned again. Based on my experience, I strongly believe that being aggressive to this creature is a perfect remedy for it. If you are troubled by its repeated visits then try this: make a firm resolution that you are not going to surrender the next time it comes. When it vistis do not communicate with it or ignore it either. Just run towards it aggressively to attack it and if possible literally attack it. He deserves to be treated this way for its malicious intentions. There is a strong chance that it will never return. They are definitely weaker than humans because they keep themselves hidden and in most of the cases only dare to attack us when we are asleep. There is an extremely small probability, however, that if you attack it, it will attack you too in self defence but to me this is a risk worth taking for all that fearless life you live after that.

Cheers :)

Edited by angela_sb
  • Like 2

Hi I don't know if this is relevant but i thought i'd post it anyway since i've come across this forum. I've never encountered a shadow person myself (thank god) But i was talking to my friend the other night on the phone and she said to me i thought i saw a ghost last night. She said she was in her bed asleep and woke up to go to the toilet but when she woke up there was like a shadow lying in the bed beside her. I think she physically hit it but it didn't alter then she said she got up to turn on the light and it was in front of her in her room while she walked. At first i was saying to her are you sure it wasn't your own shadow laughing but it was dark in her room and she seemed pretty freaked out. She turned on the light walked out of the room and went to the bathroom when she came back she said there was a weird light that kept flashing on her wall like someone kept shining a light on it so she slept with the light on that night.. This was last week, she's never seen anything like this before and I don't know if i'll say it to her cause she'd probably never sleep again.. We have exams at the minute so she's probably stressed and when i was messing with her she seemed really insistent so now believe she actually saw something.

Hi Everyone :)

HERE I WILL ONLY DISCUSS ABOUT HATMAN OR HOODED-FIGURE AND HOW TO GET RID OF IT. MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS CREATURE IS A BIT DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS BECAUSE I TOOK AN AGGRESIVE STAND AGAINST IT.

I have been visited by this entity more than once. In my case, it was not this hat-wearing figure. It was rather a hooded figure that seemed like the "grim reaper (death figure)".

I have collected so much data about this entity from then on and based on these statistics and my own experiences I am pretty sure of what I am saying here.

On the onset let me clarify something. Hatman and Hooded Figure are a distinct species of the genus "shadow people". Shadow people are of all kinds, animals, birds, human like figures. These classes of entities live among us but do not cross their boundaries and do not appear in front of us. If they do, may be, it's out of curiosity and they may pose no threat and may be they are friendly. However, if you are visited by hatman or hooded figure then you have to be concerned because they are there for only one reason: to kill you or harm you at the very least. If you think they are there just to watch you because they did not do you any harm then it is an assumption based on very limited data. You cannot rule out the possibility that they may be waiting for a chance to harm you. Their appearance is not related to any emotional turmoil or any sad events in the life of the victim. A majority of these visits take place after the victim accidentally happens to see some paranormal entity or purposefully delves into paranormal studies or the victim has some psychic abilities and can sense various kinds of hidden entities. These entities which are intelligent species, most probably, do not want their world to be exposed and they fear becoming vulnerable, therefore, may be, they become concerned about it and come to the victim either to kill him by choking his/her breath during sleep by sitting on the chest (sleep paralysis) or pulling the victim out of his body (OBE) or at the very least scare him so that he refrains from what he is doing. There are many reported deaths during sleep paralysis. You can read on that in medical articles on sleep paralysis. There are also a few visits to people living in a particular house that these entities desire to inhabit, so they come to clear the house of these human inhabitants by scaring them or killing them, so that they can later inhabit it with their families. A very few visits also occur in case of mentally ill people. Some schizophrenic patients reported seeing these entities. Hallucinations in case of these mentally ill patients can be ruled out by this simple statistical analysis that almost all the patients report this entity with remarkably similar features and most of these patients had never seen or heard about these entities prior to that. Most probably, these entities, feel relaxed in front of these mentally ill patients thinking that no one would believe them if they say they saw them so they appear freely in front of them.

All this is based on what I deduced from hundreds of stories about these encounters. This is specific about hatman or hooded figure and not about shadow people in general. People here seem to generalize hatman/hooded-figure to shadow people and think that they are not malevolent. Believe me they are malevolent unlike other shadow creatures.

As for my experience with this creature, I was visited by one such entity while I was sleeping...he pressed me down on my bed ...I woke up afraid and soon experienced my first sleep paralysis episode and out of body experience at the same time...after some time I was able to free myself. After this encounter, I began collecting information on this creature and came to conclusion that hatman or hooded-figure is definitely there to harm you. The thing that concerned me most was the death of numerous people in SP episodes. I was angry and infuriated about thinking that someone tried to kill me for no valid reasonl. After collecting all sorts of information on this creature I came to realize that it is afraid of us as much as we are afraid of it. Why would it run away from us when we gain back control of our bodies after SP episode? Moreover, these entities can touch us and logically it means that we can touch them too and whatever we can touch physically, we have the potential to harm it too. So after a few more encounters that were definitely hostile I finally made a firm resolution that the next time it came for me I would not wait to defend myself, I would attack it first. So it came again after a few months while I was asleep...was half-way through sleep paralysis already...I realized that...did not let him control my body and was ultimately free to move my limbs...while it was still there trying to push me back to sleep...I was infuriated for what it did in previous encounters....in anger, I grabbed its head screaming out loud cursing him and asking him to leave me alone...I pressed its head with the intention to crush it to death...I was literally intending to kill it because it tried to kill me too and I was not afraid to kill it (who would prosecute me for killing him anyway? :lol: )...holding its head tight felt something like what you would feel if you try to bring together two strong magnets with similar poles facing each other...that repulsive force...the best I can describe it is as a dense elastic dry gaseous fluid which rebounds if you compress it but ultimately gives in to pressure over a certain threshold...anyway, as I started crushing its head hard it began dissipating into air and disappeared after forming separate small globules. I am sure, although I couldn't kill it, I was definitely able to scare it and believe me it worked. This entity never returned again. Based on my experience, I strongly believe that being aggressive to this creature is a perfect remedy for it. If you are troubled by its repeated visits then try this: make a firm resolution that you are not going to surrender the next time it comes. When it vistis do not communicate with it or ignore it either. Just run towards it aggressively to attack it and if possible literally attack it. He deserves to be treated this way for its malicious intentions. There is a strong chance that it will never return. They are definitely weaker than humans because they keep themselves hidden and in most of the cases only dare to attack us when we are asleep. There is an extremely small probability, however, that if you attack it, it will attack you too in self defence but to me this is a risk worth taking for all that fearless life you live after that.

Cheers :)

Thank you for posting. I was going to try to suck one of these things up in a Dyson vacuum.... I seem to think that might work. You are very brave. I don't know that I would want to touch it. Fair is fair, I say... if the thing is attacking, self defense makes perfect sense. I only worried about any retaliation from all of their 'friends' because they seem to travel in large packs. I'm also thinking that a fire extinguisher might be a good one too. I would certainly attack them if I ever saw them again. I'm not tolerating any of their nonsense ever again. They are cowards to attack people in their sleep and creep around in the dark. This is the best encounter I have ever heard !!!

Thank you for posting. I was going to try to suck one of these things up in a Dyson vacuum.... I seem to think that might work. You are very brave. I don't know that I would want to touch it. Fair is fair, I say... if the thing is attacking, self defense makes perfect sense. I only worried about any retaliation from all of their 'friends' because they seem to travel in large packs. I'm also thinking that a fire extinguisher might be a good one too. I would certainly attack them if I ever saw them again. I'm not tolerating any of their nonsense ever again. They are cowards to attack people in their sleep and creep around in the dark. This is the best encounter I have ever heard !!!

I am glad you realize that a strong will power and some aggressive tactics is the best way to deal with this creature. I think you already accomplished 99% of the task by making this firm determination alone. If they realize this, they won't even risk coming near you ever.

There are a few things, however, I would like to discuss here.

First I wonder why you are afraid of touching it...I am sure this creature has already touched you many times when you were sleeping. I am sure you had those encounters in sleep many times; perhaps you thought they were all dreams, and disregarded those. Also, I don't think you should be concerned about this creature's moving in packs. What would you do if a slither of poisonous snakes came out of their way into your bedroom? Would you hesitate then to attack them or scare them away and instead wait until a time came when one of them bit you?

As for your idea of capturing it with a vacuum device...I don't think shadow creatures can be sucked into it. The reason is that these things are able to travel very fast whether they are running on the ground or floating in the air...in either case these should have some mechanism to counteract the resistance of atmospheric air when they are moving that fast...so I don't think that a strong current of air is going to have any effect on them. Moreover, I have seen them in different shapes...once I saw it in the form of a hovering black cloud...so even if you succeed in sucking it into a vacuum device it might pretty much form a blob of black mask and escape from its opening. In addition to that, it can give it the impression that you are still afraid of fighting it without weapons and it will think that you are vulnerable when you don't have those tools with you. There is also a hazard factor here; using any such tool can also pose danger to you because these tools can also physically harm humans. What if it throws it back at you? ...And above all, I don't think it is going to wait until you go get a vacuum device and switch it on and bring it near it.

The only proper way to attack it, I think, is by using our raw survival instincts that nature has provided us. Shadow creatures use some specific tactics to attack us...they first paralyze our bodies in sleep so that we cannot move and then start throttling us to kill us. If we are awake, they come from behind and try to push us into a drowsy state and then proceed to attacking us when we are asleep. The idea here is to refuse to give it any chance of gaining control of our bodies. The idea is to cultivate that will-power to not surrender to its paralyzing attempts and to bring about that animal survival instincts that we use to attack someone when we are attacked...imagine how you would scratch the attacker's face using your finger nails...how you would stab your fingers into its eyes and how you would try to tear its face apart. This is what you got to do...don't give it any time to think...jump at it like a mad dog while it is still there in material state...however savage that may seem, forget for a moment that you are a civilized human being (it is not going to respect you anyway if you attack it in a refined manner, because these creatures already consider us some lower animals inferior to them). They should get what they called for. This aggressive behavior from your side should be enough to scare it away if not hurt it. When I attacked it, I realized that it was an extremely weak creature with very little physical strength. With just a little force, I was able to puncture its head using my fingers alone. I think this lesser physical strength is what makes them evade any encounters with us when we are awake and conscious and that is the reason why nature gave them this camouflage of shadows to hide themselves. Nature gave every animal some defense mechanism for its survival and one of these defense mechanisms is the camouflaging technique. Some animals use it to protect themselves from their potential predators. So these shadow creatures also use it to defend themselves from their potential predators. And guess who are these potential predators they are hiding from. Yes, it is we, Humans. We are the predators. This is what nature intended us to be...us as predators and them as preys. But we reversed our roles by giving in to our irrational fears and let these creatures overpower us. When we get rid of these irrational fears, we put things back to where they belong, where the nature intended them to be.

So do not hesitate to fight for your right to live a hassle-free life. Do what you have to do to get rid of it. When you succeed in that, please post your story so that it can be an inspiration to other victims as well.

Cheers and be safe! :)

People have been killed? :blink:

Where? Who was ever killed by a shadow figure?

eta: Granted I've never seen the hat guy, but I know the basic figures are harmless. Or at least like I said before, if they are bothering you, the problem is you, not them.

Edited by BlackCurtains

I've had several experienced with shadow people both living alone and living with my girlfriend in a new house. I know when it is around since my dreams turn to horrible nightmares, dreams that involve people dying around me and horrific beasts/demons that tend to be about. From experience, they tended to be around most when there was alot of emotion in the house. I saw one in broad daylight going through my bedroom to the hallway and into the bathroom. Mostly though its in my bedroom at night time where it will first get my attention, with knocks on the walls or it will touch my feet and ankles, and when it touches you its not a normal touch, feels like an electric cold water feeling that you will never forget.

Usually when he comes I am unable to move or talk, he'll sitdown on the bed besides me and yes, you can feel the mattress go down when he sits. He usually ends up holding you down by your chest, though I dont see this part but just feel it since when he does this its the most awful, horrible feeling you can get. Feels like electrocution but with a very cold twist to it. Its bizzare to try to describe it but when its done you are drained. You can barely move, your body is covered in sweat and the sad thing is 99.99 of the time the person who is sleeping right next to you has no idea whats going on. They never wake up.

Though the shadow person did start to get bored with only me and started in with my girlfriend while we went to bed and she started encountering these events too. Though its been a few years since these events and now he doesnt show himself but likes to play in our daughters room at night time. She has this wicker chair by her bed and at nighttime she has said that she hears someone sit down on it while she is laying in bed trying to sleep, other times he will play with things in her room, like opening up the window shade and then closing it or will pull up her covers. Lately, the last few weeks she has been keeping her light on at night. She's 19 atm and is pretty in control about it, I think most at her age would be freaking out, but she keeps it in check.

Please note that not all of the times has he been visible, but you still know its him, you can feel the energy change in the room and you know when he is near you even if you cant see him as the temperature drops dramatically and its very, very cold.

You don't want to discover these things, mostly they are harmless but other times it seems that they are hell bent on trying to kill you one way or another and yes, they can do damage, they can harm you. You cannot move or talk when it happens and you have no control.

But looking back when he was most active, I would say it was in a very emotional stage of my life, back in the states and when I moved here to Holland. The last few years have been back to normal and he has not been doing these "things" to me and my mate. To be honest, I think he lost interest in me and is hanging out in our daughters room. Just glad he leaves her alone. I told her that it feels like to me that he likes her and looks after her, tucks her in bed and sits down and watches over her.

I would not wish these experiences on my worst enemy though, bad stuff.. very bad stuff.

EDIT: I should state that all of my encounters are based on a cloaked type of shadow ghost. I have never seen a hat man.

Edited by Tom B

People have been killed? :blink:

Where? Who was ever killed by a shadow figure?

eta: Granted I've never seen the hat guy, but I know the basic figures are harmless. Or at least like I said before, if they are bothering you, the problem is you, not them.

Please read my posts once again. I did not say that all shadow figures are dangerous. I said that hatman/hooded-figure is harmful and if you are visited by this particular one, you should be concerned. As you have not been visited by this particular species of shadow-figures, you will never know how dangerous this creature is. It paralyzes the body of its victim and then sits on his chest or throttles his neck to choke him to death. He drills into the head and produces intense vibrations in brain and in a moment, you see yourself outside your body. It pushes people from behind when they are on stairways or rooftops so that they fall and injure themselves. It is definitely there to harm you. There is no doubt about it.

Please read this:

http://www.end-your-sleep-deprivation.com/shadow-people-and-dark-demonic-entities-during-sleep-paralysis.html

http://paranormal.about.com/od/shadowpeople/a/tales_10_01_12t.htm

http://paranormal.about.com/library/blstory_june08_16.htm

Please google for more. There are hundreds of such stories documented on the internet.

This creature attempted to kill me the first time I encountered it. It strangled my neck; I was unable to breath. Who would strangle someone's neck unless it intends to kill him? It was a lethal attack for sure.

There are hundreds of cases where people have been lethally attacked by these hooded-figures, they have been strangled, they were pulled out of their bodies, and they were unable to breathe. Many of these cases are published on the internet. It amazes me how you can still deny that. We came to know about these attacks because these people survived to tell us their story. Do you think if they died in their sleep paralysis, they would come back to tell us how they were killed?

The only way to know that these creatures are lethally dangerous is to use our logic. First, we collect stories of hundreds of victims, who saw these creatures holding them to their beds, paralyzing their bodies and causing sleep paralysis. We deduce from it that these creatures cause sleep paralysis. Then we analyze the type of attacks these creatures used like paralyzing their bodies, strangling them, sitting on their chest so that the victim does not breathe and dies of suffocation. We deduce from this that these attacks were lethal. Then we look around to see if there are any cases were people actually died in sleep paralysis. We find that hundreds of people died during sleep paralysis. Scientists call it "Sudden Unexplained Nocturnal Death Syndrome (SUNDS)".

http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Have-Had-Sleep-Paralysis/993947

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1740

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_unexpected_death_syndrome

This data is enough to prove that these malicious creatures actually succeeded in killing some of its victims. Can someone still believe after this, that these entities (i.e. hooded-figure/hatman) are not malicious?

I posted on this thread only because I want people to be safe by getting rid of this malicious entity. You should realize that by suggesting that these are not malicious creatures, you are actually putting the readers' life in danger.

PS: Some skeptical scientists, who flatly deny the existence of paranormal, explain sleep paralysis with ludicrous theories that are just their hypothesis while they disregard the witness of hundreds of people who actually saw with their own eyes that these creatures cause it. Skeptics can never be convinced until they encounter something paranormal themselves.

I've had several experienced with shadow people both living alone and living with my girlfriend in a new house. I know when it is around since my dreams turn to horrible nightmares, dreams that involve people dying around me and horrific beasts/demons that tend to be about. From experience, they tended to be around most when there was alot of emotion in the house. I saw one in broad daylight going through my bedroom to the hallway and into the bathroom. Mostly though its in my bedroom at night time where it will first get my attention, with knocks on the walls or it will touch my feet and ankles, and when it touches you its not a normal touch, feels like an electric cold water feeling that you will never forget.

Usually when he comes I am unable to move or talk, he'll sitdown on the bed besides me and yes, you can feel the mattress go down when he sits. He usually ends up holding you down by your chest, though I dont see this part but just feel it since when he does this its the most awful, horrible feeling you can get. Feels like electrocution but with a very cold twist to it. Its bizzare to try to describe it but when its done you are drained. You can barely move, your body is covered in sweat and the sad thing is 99.99 of the time the person who is sleeping right next to you has no idea whats going on. They never wake up.

Though the shadow person did start to get bored with only me and started in with my girlfriend while we went to bed and she started encountering these events too. Though its been a few years since these events and now he doesnt show himself but likes to play in our daughters room at night time. She has this wicker chair by her bed and at nighttime she has said that she hears someone sit down on it while she is laying in bed trying to sleep, other times he will play with things in her room, like opening up the window shade and then closing it or will pull up her covers. Lately, the last few weeks she has been keeping her light on at night. She's 19 atm and is pretty in control about it, I think most at her age would be freaking out, but she keeps it in check.

Please note that not all of the times has he been visible, but you still know its him, you can feel the energy change in the room and you know when he is near you even if you cant see him as the temperature drops dramatically and its very, very cold.

You don't want to discover these things, mostly they are harmless but other times it seems that they are hell bent on trying to kill you one way or another and yes, they can do damage, they can harm you. You cannot move or talk when it happens and you have no control.

But looking back when he was most active, I would say it was in a very emotional stage of my life, back in the states and when I moved here to Holland. The last few years have been back to normal and he has not been doing these "things" to me and my mate. To be honest, I think he lost interest in me and is hanging out in our daughters room. Just glad he leaves her alone. I told her that it feels like to me that he likes her and looks after her, tucks her in bed and sits down and watches over her.

I would not wish these experiences on my worst enemy though, bad stuff.. very bad stuff.

EDIT: I should state that all of my encounters are based on a cloaked type of shadow ghost. I have never seen a hat man.

I really feel sorry when I hear people tormented by this creature for no reason at all. Please do not let it stay in your house. You might think that it will leave your daughter alone, it is not so. It is an inborn trickster, a liar. It enjoys tormenting people. Laughs at them while it inflicts pain. Sooner or later it is going to attack her too. Drive it away.

I really feel sorry when I hear people tormented by this creature for no reason at all. Please do not let it stay in your house. You might think that it will leave your daughter alone, it is not so. It is an inborn trickster, a liar. It enjoys tormenting people. Laughs at them while it inflicts pain. Sooner or later it is going to attack her too. Drive it away.

Yes I know, but trying to get rid of one is not an easy feat.

Its scary that most people do not know how dangerous it is when one fancies you or your family. They remind me of a cat and when it hunts. A cat will sit on one spot and just wait.. staring and waiting until the right moment comes along and them they attack.

I tell my daughter, who knows all about the history of this shadow being with us in our room. I tell her to ignore it, as if it feeds on energy and when you put it out of your mind and give it no power / attention, it usually goes away. Though it always seems to know when something happens in the house and negative energy is about, as if it looks at it like feeding time.