Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

Lucky7

Not all of these entities are evil. The ones that are led by the hatman are enslaved by him and their behaviours are controlled and intentions are not good intentions. I do not think that ALL shadows are bad or evil. The good ones do not show themselves and they are not supposed to show themselves, they are supposed to stay hidden from humans in their invisible world. The bad ones, however, break the rules that they are supposed to live by when they show themselves and appear with hatman... but in a way they can not help it because they are being forced to haunt people by hatman. Hatman is the evil one. What he actually wants is sketchy.... we only surmise what he wants, but it can't be anything good because all he does is go around intimidating people and scaring the wits out of people during the night.

Perfectly summed up :)

@Seeker79 The point I have always been making is that the most important thing to overcome is the fear. Have no fear! If you overcome the fear, the shadows will go away. All I can report on is what I experienced personally and I can tell everyone that when I overcame my fear of these things, they got bored and went away. I do believe that they are attempting to instill fear in people and then feeding off of that. If you face them, have no fear... they get bored and move off. Fear is a destructive place for any human being to be.

Just to add to what you say about overcoming fear - Anyone who is afraid just remember, if something can hurt you, you can hurt it back. The biggest danger from the Hatman is his driving you insane. If you let him scare you, you're only helping him.

• Like 1

that what suicide and murder result from "insanity". that what i say from the begining.

hatman or hoodie infect mind and make very uncontrol anger very anger of murder or very self-loath like lead to suicide.

i agree with you full. if you feel suicidal then go see doctor very true. but imo stay positive and not surender much more benefit than numbing psychatric medicine if true reason hoodie infect of mind. but if true reason not hoodie then psychatric medicine must. not ignore medicine.

like i say before again the danger can way beyond insanity. it effects of such insanity that dangerus.

what hatman or hoodie want from human? it want to add our shadows self to join its comunity and let our souls cast to hell. hoodie carry shadows of dead human with them to join in comunity. hoodie circle in accident sites and graveyards to catch shadows of dead humans.

after death we not care what happen to our shadow self but our soul we must never never lose our soul to evil. if you lose your shadow to their comunity you not lose but if you lose your soul to hell you lose everything.

physical body, astral body, shadow and soul. all four make a human bieng. death split it back in four. physical body and astral body rots and disapears. shadows remain for few centuries then disapear.only soul remain eternal.

stay on the good side. belief their is God who most powerful than anything. then you not lose your soul.

i know no one beliefs this due to religion type theory but i only share what i know sure this real reason. hatman or hoodie mean death so you split back in four. therefore so much wars.

i still dont care if none beliefs me.

• Like 2

@Seeker79 The point I have always been making is that the most important thing to overcome is the fear. Have no fear! If you overcome the fear, the shadows will go away. All I can report on is what I experienced personally and I can tell everyone that when I overcame my fear of these things, they got bored and went away. I do believe that they are attempting to instill fear in people and then feeding off of that. If you face them, have no fear... they get bored and move off. Fear is a destructive place for any human being to be.

@paulnprovidence What is a star seed? And...perhaps there is some connection amongst us, perhaps it is all chance. There is some connection between hatman and high emotional states.

Interesting that no one has come back after reading The Vengeful Djinn.

But seven, where is this idea of this slave master comeing from? Where is the source? I do know the shadows exist, but there are many things that are not the phenominon we are dealing with. Not every blur out of the cornor of peoples eyes are the same thing, where is this mythos comeing from? I got to tell you. I can take the journey nearly at will. I pinned one down one time early on in my discovery process, and I got a good look at it and discovered some things.

So I'm either dooped by some evil conspiracy on the other side or there is a greater awakening process being offered to humanity that starts with the elimination of irrational fear. These fears and tendencies toward drama is what holds us back as a species.

I have worked with more than a few people faceing shadow. Those that are committed and rise above the prodding always come out for the better in a much more enlightened state. Those that cannot breakaway from the death cycle of fear continue to live in the shadow. ( pun intended).

I don't have the all the answers, but I am certain that spiritual evil dosnt exist. Humanity is being challenged to rise above our irrational instincts and evolve our conciousness to not include fear... Fear is the sponsoring emotion for all the things that torture us. If we are going evolve spiritually, irrational fear born of our animal instincts will have to be conquered.... Its destroying our planet and our future. Benovelant spirits know this and are very wise. Instead of some evil conspiracy, I believe there is benovolant conspiracy going on to finally wake us up. If people have seen the things that I have and have the relationships I do, they could not possibly continue live in the darkness, destruction, and enslavement that we are doing right here right now in our physical reality.

Unfortunately change cannot happen through preaching. It has to arise from experience and systematic decision makeing . This is why, I think, those of us who are sensitive are being proded to rise up and become more.

seeker79 my friend you not get decieve by shadows. shadows demons very deceieve. they show friendship to let down your guard then they show real face. you get deceive. you no spiritual journey sorry.

and i think OP mean control by word slaves. mean lower shadow control by higher. that natural what so strange about it?

and how you ask her proof when you not give any proof for that your *greater awakening* theory. don;t get decieve by shadow.

i once decieve by shadow very bad experiences. once a shadow woman make friend with me i trust her then she share secret of shadows with me then slowly try turn me against God. when I decline she show her true face. shadow not friend with me anymore becaue now i on God side. shadow anti God. no trust your own perception my friend see other perspect also. think before preach your awakening theory.

you ever wonder why budhist and some eastern religions not need God nescesary in them even they sure other spiritual beings there?

shadow deception very harmful and long term effects because astral deception it go deep into your sub concious and you not realize before it late. think. you can pm me if you want to talk about this.

OP you on correct path to discover. dont worry.

but very strange why this thread not talk about greater agenda of shadow demons, to lead away from true God and to make evil look benavelent? this their main agenda we must not ignore this.

why in 60 above pages no body talk about shadow poeople and crop circles?

shadow people make crop circles with anti God messages.

i very soon upload videos of shadow people and crop circles and decoded anti-God messages in crop circles. not decode by me but by experenced mathematicians. most messages by shadow people crop circle anti-God messages very anti-God. i soon upload all that videos. youtube not access in my place so i wait use some others account.

time being read this articles and tell your view

here

CROP CIRCLE MAKER - Matthew Williams

and here

http://www.undergroundvideouk.com/bases.shtml

just as side note crop circle not always paranorml many crop circles fake make by human artists. strangest sighting shadow people that make paranormal crop circle view on fake crop circles also. strange very strange.

seeker79 my friend you not get decieve by shadows. shadows demons very deceieve. they show friendship to let down your guard then they show real face. you get deceive. you no spiritual journey sorry.

and i think OP mean control by word slaves. mean lower shadow control by higher. that natural what so strange about it?

and how you ask her proof when you not give any proof for that your *greater awakening* theory. don;t get decieve by shadow.

i once decieve by shadow very bad experiences. once a shadow woman make friend with me i trust her then she share secret of shadows with me then slowly try turn me against God. when I decline she show her true face. shadow not friend with me anymore becaue now i on God side. shadow anti God. no trust your own perception my friend see other perspect also. think before preach your awakening theory.

you ever wonder why budhist and some eastern religions not need God nescesary in them even they sure other spiritual beings there?

shadow deception very harmful and long term effects because astral deception it go deep into your sub concious and you not realize before it late. think. you can pm me if you want to talk about this.

My ancestors are native Americans. They got along just fine with many spirits. There is deception going on. Self deception and fear. Give up fear and there is nothing that can harm you. This should say something logical about the nature of your "evil" spirits.

• Like 1

true, shadow people friend with native american indians and pagans and budhists and hindus and other pagan religions. very true. why will they not friend with pagans when they reject true God and worship demons and spirits?

that what shadow people want from humans. To leave the true God, the only creator, and worship false dieties. then they friend with you. but if you on God side then shadow people your enemy.

shadow people friend with your native american ansestors because they pagan religion and practice black arts magic and shamanisn. they woirship spirits demons including shadow demon. shadow people love who reject true God and worship false dieties. shadow people even help such people who worship demons.

ever wonder why shadow people make crop cricles with symbols of native ameficans and ancient egypt pagan symbols. their message simple. they say leave true God and worship demons. that what sahdow people want from humans.

wikipedia artcile on religion of natve americans say:

Native American spirituality is often characterized by animism or panentheism, with a strong emphasis on the importance of personal spirituality and its inter-connectivity with one's own daily life, and a deep connection between the natural and spiritual 'worlds'. -------their lives were steeped in religious ceremonies often directly related to farming and hunting. Spiritual power, they believed, suffused the world, and sacred spirits could be found in all kinds of living and inanimate things-animals, plants, trees, water, and wind. Through religious ceremonies, they aimed to harness the aid of powerful supernatural forces to serve the interests of man. In some tribes, hunters performed rituals to placate the spirits of animals they had killed.

and another article it say here:

And the truth is that Native Americans had an idolatrous religion that worshiped other gods and spirits besides the True and Living God. They broke the first commandment.

and say here:

America was delivered from idolatry and the worship of demonic spirits in the form of nature worship. Although Native Americans much like the Druids of Britain are being glorified in film these days, the truth is that though they had a healthy respect for nature… their respect went to the immoral level of worship, and their idolatry wound up worshiping demonic spirits that pretended to be things like the wolf or the bear or the coyote. They might have had an understanding of the Great Spirit, but they worshiped all the other ones as well, much like Samaria had done in Israel and cursed themselves.

so very obvious that shadow people friend of native american ancestors of your not enemy bacause they do exactly what shadow peope want human to do. to worship demon spirits.

I no disrespect any religion but I eastern I know what budhism and pagan religions up close. I many friend budhists and very kind people very good people but when come to religion they not belief God. they say God not necessary. they say only spirits and demons and no bad demons only good demons like you say there no spiritual evil like that they say no spiritual evil. they say the mainstream religion who talk about lucifer only false and not true.

But remeber my friend all this just not stop here. saying that spiritual evil not exist only a decieve of lucifer himself so that people let down guard against evil and make freind with evil and it not stop right there. then lucifer show his true face. his agents shadow people then lead away from true God and make you think that lucifer is actual god. that result from saying spiritual evil not exist. that result.

see what this lead to.

wikipedia article on blavatsky say:

she quotes Dr. A. Kingsford’s book "Perfect Way" (section "The Secret of Satan"): "It is Satan who is the god of our planet and the only god" and adds "and this without any allusive metaphor to its wickedness and depravity."[95] In this reference Blavatsky explains that he whom the Christian dogma calls Lucifer was never the representative of the evil in ancient myths but, on the contrary, the light-bringer (which is the literal meaning of the name Lucifer). According to Blavatsky the church turned him into Satan (which means "the opponent") to misrepresent pre-Christian beliefs and fit him into the newly framed Christian dogmas. A similar view is also shared by the Christian Gnostics, ancient and modern.

Here in lucifer rising quote madam Blavatsky a very pagan how she get decieve by demons in astral.

http://rense.com/general85/lucifer.htm

Blavatsky damned God as a "capricious and unjust." God. In her view, he was the God of the Israelites and nothing more. She insisted that the Holy Scriptures were wrong, it was really Lucifer who was the `Good and Just God`, victimised by the harsh and unjust God.

Blavatsky maintained that the the name Satan, belonged by right to the first and cruelest "Adversary" of all other Gods, and not to the serpent which spoke only words of sympathy and wisdom. She somehow reasoned that Satan/Lucifer is GOD the Creator, the Savior, the Father; and that Jesus is "the first born brother of Satan." She wrote, "Satan, the Serpent of Genesis, is the real creator and benefactor, the Father of Spiritual mankind. For it is he ... who opened the eyes of the automaton (Adam) created by God, as alleged.... An adversary to him ... he still remains in Esoteric Truth the ever loving messenger ... who conferred on us spiritual instead of physical immortality."

She claimed to have had experience with astral projection and the ability to communicate with the spirit world. Her books, `Isis Unveiled` and her three-volume, `The Secret Doctrine` were supposedly channelled through her by the "Masters of Wisdom," Tibetan `holy men`, which any Christian, Jew or Muslim should recognise as being synonymous with demons.

In her book, `The Secret Doctrine` Blavatsky wrote, "Lucifer represents life, thought, progress, civilisation, liberty, independence. Lucifer is the Logos, the Serpent, the Saviour" and "It is Lucifer who is the God of our planet and the only God", and she continues, "The celestial Virgin which thus becomes the Mother of Gods and Devils at one and the same time, for she is the ever loving beneficent deity, but in antiquity and reality, Lucifer or Luciferius is the name. Lucifer is the divine and terrestrial light, the Holy Ghost and Satan at one and the same time".

All this deception of shadow people, the army of lucifer, the real evil. all this happen to her when she trust shadow people in astral and listen to them. that what happen when you allow evil into your lifes and trust evil and let down your guard.

seeker79 you good person you try help others that very good but you misguided only preach religion of your ansestors. sorry to hurt. you need guidance. I can help you find path and reject lucifer the true evil. even if you not recognize lucifer you being fooled by lucifer you just not know it yet. you not logical my friend you get decieve by evil.

I am reading and finding it all very interesting. I have seen shadows in the astral plane all my life, but they have never spoken to me. Even the ones that I saw in person did not speak to me, so maybe I should just count myself lucky!

Anyone who is afraid just remember, if something can hurt you, you can hurt it back.

This is not a logical premise.

Even another person can hurt you and you may very well not be able to hurt them back. For example, they are wearing full body armor, you are not.

OP, shadow people speak telepathically through mind. sometime physical sound also but most times telepathical. in physical sound only laugh make fun like but they put message in sub consious telepathicaly.

shadow people also speak in dream like symbols. the patterns stuck in subconscious like subliminal messages and you no realize it but act on what they say you follow them without knowing.

many cropp circles also symbols like dream symbols or pictures not letters. so act like submliminal messages in sub consious.

i talked with a shadow woman. she make friend with me and say about lucifer power and that there no real God and soon war against people who worship God, about gog and magog and then try turn me against God say no real God only astral plane real heaven hell nothing only astral plane. i decline all shadows turn enemy from then.

OP you can talk with them in astral telepathicaly if you want. try next time but remeber very dangerus decieve in shadows. nature of shadow people very decieve. they army of lucifer. their agenda to turn humans away from God. to lose hope in God. so be careful.

This is not a logical premise.

Even another person can hurt you and you may very well not be able to hurt them back. For example, they are wearing full body armor, you are not.

Of course you can. You just need to know what you're doing and have the right tools available. The example you give is actually a rather good metaphor for this scenario. Even the best armour has chinks and weak spots. The trick is to understand and exploit them.

Edited by Setton

and human just begin understand that weak spots.

do you know shadow people block laser rays?

that mean they absorb laser rays energy.

but what happen when the frequency of laser beyond their threshold of energy? will it hurt them? what if reverse the polarity? will that weak them?

hope we find answer some day.

also shadow people try make avoid electromagnetic waves like radio waves and try fly across radio waves bands.

there a story of shadow trying to stop construciton of a radio station or something. why they afraid of radio waves? does it hurt them?

hope we find that some day.

and human just begin understand that weak spots.

do you know shadow people block laser rays?

that mean they absorb laser rays energy.

No, it doesn't. I block light (hence I have a shadow), that means I reflect it, not absorb it.

but what happen when the frequency of laser beyond their threshold of energy? will it hurt them? what if reverse the polarity? will that weak them?

hope we find answer some day.

also shadow people try make avoid electromagnetic waves like radio waves and try fly across radio waves bands.

there a story of shadow trying to stop construciton of a radio station or something. why they afraid of radio waves? does it hurt them?

hope we find that some day.

Actually, humans found their weak spot centuries ago, even if most people have forgotten it now. Again, I want to point out that you do not need to find a way to hurt them. You think they are evil because they are dark. Well, too much light is just as bad as too much darkness. Ideally, there should be balance.

• Like 1

Setton, what you field of study? you in college yet? you look very young and naive.

you not study about Black Bodies?

light not always reflect for opaque like mirror it can reflect or absorb both like in case of black bodies.

read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_body

and this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirchhoff%27s_law_of_thermal_radiation

if you need help understanding ask me or message me i will explain.

also shadow demons block laser rays. here few videos for you.

this one

and this one

i upload more when i find. there some more video and article on this phenonmenon.

and i know shadow demons they evil because my first hand experiences and many many experiences of other people also not because they black. i seen their real face. you not yet. you will see eventualy.

you still think they nice? they just not reveal front you yet. when they show real face you understand then. stay on the good side. no choose evil over good. you only choose against God because your brother die. God not ask your permission to give your brother life so why would He ask your permission to take back his life? Its His will alone. His will alone. you no right to choose side against God because your brother die.

think. if you realize you on wrong path not now but anytime in future you realize that you need help my door always open to help fellow humans. contact me anytime. I still not have anything agianst you. you just hold anger in you because your brother die. that not healthy. you need let go. and choose right side.

true, shadow people friend with native american indians and pagans and budhists and hindus and other pagan religions. very true. why will they not friend with pagans when they reject true God and worship demons and spirits?

that what shadow people want from humans. To leave the true God, the only creator, and worship false dieties. then they friend with you. but if you on God side then shadow people your enemy.

shadow people friend with your native american ansestors because they pagan religion and practice black arts magic and shamanisn. they woirship spirits demons including shadow demon. shadow people love who reject true God and worship false dieties. shadow people even help such people who worship demons.

ever wonder why shadow people make crop cricles with symbols of native ameficans and ancient egypt pagan symbols. their message simple. they say leave true God and worship demons. that what sahdow people want from humans.

wikipedia artcile on religion of natve americans say:

and another article it say here:

and say here:

so very obvious that shadow people friend of native american ancestors of your not enemy bacause they do exactly what shadow peope want human to do. to worship demon spirits.

I no disrespect any religion but I eastern I know what budhism and pagan religions up close. I many friend budhists and very kind people very good people but when come to religion they not belief God. they say God not necessary. they say only spirits and demons and no bad demons only good demons like you say there no spiritual evil like that they say no spiritual evil. they say the mainstream religion who talk about lucifer only false and not true.

But remeber my friend all this just not stop here. saying that spiritual evil not exist only a decieve of lucifer himself so that people let down guard against evil and make freind with evil and it not stop right there. then lucifer show his true face. his agents shadow people then lead away from true God and make you think that lucifer is actual god. that result from saying spiritual evil not exist. that result.

see what this lead to.

wikipedia article on blavatsky say:

Here in lucifer rising quote madam Blavatsky a very pagan how she get decieve by demons in astral.

http://rense.com/general85/lucifer.htm

All this deception of shadow people, the army of lucifer, the real evil. all this happen to her when she trust shadow people in astral and listen to them. that what happen when you allow evil into your lifes and trust evil and let down your guard.

seeker79 you good person you try help others that very good but you misguided only preach religion of your ansestors. sorry to hurt. you need guidance. I can help you find path and reject lucifer the true evil. even if you not recognize lucifer you being fooled by lucifer you just not know it yet. you not logical my friend you get decieve by evil.

I'm not preaching my friend. You are. I don't believe exactly how my ancestors did.

Are you aware of how the Christians delivered America from "idolatry"?.

Are you aware that lucifer is not the devil?

You hang around um a little while longer and keep saying things like you have and you are going to learn a whole lot that you did not know. I hope in all that conviction you have that there is room from for learning and growth.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

Setton, what you field of study? you in college yet? you look very young and naive.

you not study about Black Bodies?

light not always reflect for opaque like mirror it can reflect or absorb both like in case of black bodies.

read this

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Black_body

and this

http://en.wikipedia....ermal_radiation

if you need help understanding ask me or message me i will explain.

also shadow demons block laser rays. here few videos for you.

this one

and this one

[media=]

i upload more when i find. there some more video and article on this phenonmenon.

I'm at one of the best universities in the country, studying for a Master's Degree in Geoscience. I'm well aware of black bodies and the potential for substances to absorb light. My point is that just because light does not travel through a medium, does not mean it is absorbed. Furthermore, if your idea for shadow people relies upon their material being an ideal body, your radio wave idea is a dead end. By definition, an ideal body absorbs all incident rays. If you raise the frequency, it'll be absorbed just the same.

and i know shadow demons they evil because my first hand experiences and many many experiences of other people also not because they black. i seen their real face. you not yet. you will see eventualy.

you still think they nice? they just not reveal front you yet. when they show real face you understand then. stay on the good side. no choose evil over good.

How do you know the dace I've seen isn't the real one and yours is the mask? Or, and here's a crazy thought, some are good and some bad, just like people.

you only choose against God because your brother die. God not ask your permission to give your brother life so why would He ask your permission to take back his life? Its His will alone. His will alone. you no right to choose side against God because your brother die.

No, not only because of that. That was just the final straw. If somebody demands another's service, the master has a duty to protect the servant and should be trusted to do so. Your god broke that trust and, as such, has no right to ask anything of me.

think. if you realize you on wrong path not now but anytime in future you realize that you need help my door always open to help fellow humans. contact me anytime. I still not have anything agianst you. you just hold anger in you because your brother die. that not healthy. you need let go. and choose right side.

I hold anger at all the injustices in the world. That anger gives me the courage to try and change things. If it destroys me to better many other lives, so be it but I will see unity between people of all nations and faiths.

Hello Everyone, Welcome to my thread about the Hatman and shadow people. I have seen both the hatman and the shadow people. Many times and very clearly and in broad daylight each time. For those of us who have been visited, I am wondering what we have in common. Why are we being selected to have these visitations? Do we have anything in common, or is it just random?

If we can find some common ground, we might be able to figure out what it is that these shadows want from us.

I will start by telling you what I was going through at the time I saw these beings. I was living alone, I was renting a very large Victorian House in London. I was going through a divorce at the time and very emotional. I was crying every day and going over and over my life choices. I felt despair and emotional upheaval as the reason I was renting this house was because I had moved out of my own house.

What were you experiencing at the time in your life when you saw the shadows?

you all have an overacitve imagination and a willingness to see what is not there in common or you are in fact just seeing shadows and men in hats

its bunkum, grow up

you all have an overacitve imagination and a willingness to see what is not there in common or you are in fact just seeing shadows and men in hats

its bunkum, grow up

If it were only that simple.

seeker79, i always open to more knowledge *from anyone* and i not preach christianity or any religion here. i only say we all recognize the true God the creator and not get decieve by lucifer.

that what lucifer want to decieve humans and let them think that he not devil so they let down guard against evil.

• Like 1

Setton, i never said that if light not travel through a medium it mean it always absorb neither i say shadow people ideal black body. that what you misunderstand my statement. go back and see. and fyi ideal black bodies not exist it only theoritical. i give example of black bodies to show that light not always reflect but absorb also because you talk about reflect.

and specific for shadow people do you know why they appear darker than dark even when no much external light in room? that mean they absorb most of light thoug not all.

yes, if we increase frequency it may absorb as well but just if object absorb all incident radiation not mean that incident radiation not have any effect inside object. like in case of bowl of water in microwave oven. water absorb most microwaves but that not mean it not produce effect inside it. it produce effect in form of raise temperature. that what i talk about.

also try read nikola tesla weapons. much info out there.

When I was younger (I'm 57 now), I saw shadow men every so often. They never moved. I'd see one but if I blinked or looked away, when I looked again, he'd be gone. The only common denominator to my sightings is that each time, I was alone (by "alone," I mean that no one was specifically with me, although I sometimes saw them in crowded places). Some sightings took place during the day, some at night (usually in my bedroom either before I went to sleep--e.g., when I was reading in bed and happened to glance up). I never felt any fear when I saw these figures; sure, the ones I saw standing in my room at night startled me because I didn't expect to see anyone in my room. I never felt that they were evil. On the contrary, I always felt that the figure was just checking in on me to see if everything was okay. I never saw them during times of trauma or anything like that. It was no different from any other random event. I haven't seen one for years, though. I kind of miss them.

Are shadow people bad news? What does it mean to see or be surrounded by them? Is there any way to get rid of them? They watch me for some reason.

Also, another thing I've been noticing recently is flashing of light. It is a tiny dot I see, either black or white. Is this related to shadow people?

Edited by Whatisreal

Are shadow people bad news? What does it mean to see or be surrounded by them? Is there any way to get rid of them? They watch me for some reason.

Also, another thing I've been noticing recently is flashing of light. It is a tiny dot I see, either black or white. Is this related to shadow people?

I'm not trying to be a wiseguy here, honey, but if you are seeing flashing light or black or white dots, you should visit your eye doctor ASAP. These can be signs of a detached retina.

As for the shadow people, I noticed that many people who have posted in this thread find them menacing. But if you read my post right above yours, you'll notice that I don't get any kind of evil or negative vibe from them. The strongest emotion I ever sensed from the shadow men I've seen is a quiet amusement when I am startled by them...like the shadow man is thinking, "Silly girl, you know I'm nothing to be afraid of." I DO get a strong sense that they are older and wiser than humans, and may actually "live" on some other plane of existence, but they choose to show themselves to certain people who intrigue them in some way. Or maybe it's that they see some kind of promise, some trait or characteristic that draws them to take notice.

Anywho, that's my take on them, for what it's worth.