Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Front page update ( Feb 4th 2011 )

Saru

A few changes to the site's front page layout today, this has been done to help provide a better summary of the recently added content on the site and to make more efficient use of the space available at the top of the page.

Rather than only showing news stories we are now showing all types of content updates together complete with thumbnails, while this only covers news stories and videos at the moment we are looking to expand this over time to include additional content types such as gallery images and hot forum topics so that visitors will be able to get a complete at-a-glance picture of all the latest happenings from around UM via the front page.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Still Waters

• JonathanVonErich

• Binaural Ubiety

I think you guys should also add, in the forum a "Latest posts" near the latest thread box, it'd be convenient.

Bad place to suggest?

Certainly a possibility for a future addition.

The front page looks good. Very neat :tu:

To be honest : Are people really checking the front page ?? Because I'm sure most members of the forum always go directly on the forum's main page instead of going throught the front page.

Just a thought, you did a great job. :D

The front page receives the largest concentration of visitors for a single page than any other on the site, its the first thing most people ( especially new visitors ) will see so we need to make sure it catches their eye and represents everything they can find here.

I think the front page is SUPERB.

My only qualm would be that - with all the added content and thumbnails - it may be slow to load for some people.

Apart from that, I think the added categories are an excellent innovation. It really showcases the breadth and depth of UM to a newcomer.

Heck... I may start using it myself !

meow purr :)

My only qualm would be that - with all the added content and thumbnails - it may be slow to load for some people.

Because the javascript and large sized images have been dropped this time around it should actually load a bit quicker than the previous design, i will be keeping an eye on things though to make sure the load times are kept as low as possible.

The front page is always where I go first, (I have a link on my homepage) and it looks great! We just upgraded our Mac operating system, so great timing.:yes:

Always check out the front page, before signing into the forum.....Good Job Saru :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

Videos are still posted on a daily basis, check the blue tags next to each front page item to see what it is.

You can also view all the videos directly via the videos option in the navigation menu.

The front page look good Saru.....well done.... :yes:

A few changes to the site's front page layout today, this has been done to help provide a better summary of the recently added content on the site and to make more efficient use of the space available at the top of the page.

Rather than only showing news stories we are now showing all types of content updates together complete with thumbnails, while this only covers news stories and videos at the moment we are looking to expand this over time to include additional content types such as gallery images and hot forum topics so that visitors will be able to get a complete at-a-glance picture of all the latest happenings from around UM via the front page.

Yep my homepage is homed to The front Page Here.... My Favorite weird people like me site !!!!Here daily checking the front page for updates