Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Art of Imagining UFO's

Daughter of the Nine Moons

Around the world, millions of people believe that alien spacecraft routinely visit our planet.1 This belief has been fueled by 60 years of reported UFO sightings and thousands of anecdotal claims. A growing number of print2 and web3 sources argue that there is solid documentary proof that UFOs have been visiting us for hundreds of years, painted into the skies of the European art of centuries past.

arrow3.gifRead more...

An old article, but interesting nonetheless. First posted in The Skeptic Magazine July 2004 original source Sprezzatura Website

ovniarte09_07.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

• Paxus

• booNyzarC

• Big Bad Voodoo

Popular Days

I didn't realize it was an art! :P I thought if you were imagining it, it would be more of a fantasy and outright lies!!

But, even with susceptibility as fuel for the fire, I've seen numerous UFOs. Not aliens, mind you. ;) I can tell ya that even without prior knowledge of UFO/Alien theories, etc., I would have still thought my experiences were odd!

Thanks for posting that Daughter of the Nine Moons!

I ashamedly have to admit I was taken in by this old art line of ufo-hunting. Really helps when people know where to look.

Cheers.

A pit-stop all ufo-hunters should make!

Thanks for posting that Daughter of the Nine Moons!

I ashamedly have to admit I was taken in by this old art line of ufo-hunting. Really helps when people know where to look.

Cheers.

A pit-stop all ufo-hunters should make!

I agree. Great article. :tu:

A link from the article led to skeptic.com and there was a video there which should be another pit-stop for all ufo-hunters.

The Baloney Detection Kit - Michael Shermer

Enjoy! :)

Will check it out when I get home - thanks booNman :tu:

Edited by Paxus

Will check it out when I get home - thanks booNman :tu:

I'm sure you'll appreciate its value. I'm finding all kinds of gems on that website. You'd think that I would have been there before, but I hadn't and I feel like a kid in a candy store! :lol:

Well art is only art. It can be whatever. It dependes on many things how you see it. About your personality your history. More important what artist want to tell us. In most case we dont know. If Artist wanted to show us UFO why should he hide it. Is he afraid that Aliens would noticed that? No. So why Artist didnt paint just flying saucer?

Then is this Aliens killing humans?

Picasso_Massacre_in_Korea.jpg

No just Pablo Picasso paint: Korea Massacre

Edited by the L

Well art is only art. It can be whatever. It dependes on many things how you see it. About your personality your history. More important what artist want to tell us. In most case we dont know. If Artist wanted to show us UFO why should he hide it. Is he afraid that Aliens would noticed that? No. So why Artist didnt paint just flying saucer?

Then is this Aliens killing humans?

Picasso_Massacre_in_Korea.jpg

No just Pablo Picasso paint: Korea Massacre

A True Master Peace ! Dont you Love Mankinds Slant of How to Get along !

A True Master Peace ! Dont you Love Mankinds Slant of How to Get along !

"Based on what we've done to one another over the last several thousand years, any extraterrestrial civilizations watching us can only conclude that there is NO intelligent life on earth." from cormac mac airt signature.

lol@MC :P I've seen stuff too but I was a kid with other kids so in truth I really don't know what it was.

@Paxus I have to admit I was too

@booN good find on the vid