Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Michael Shermer on strange beliefs

Saru

And Uri Geller is a fraud. I'm surprised that there are still people who don't realize that.

Remember, there are still supporters of Billy Meier around.

(Did I spell that right? My English, it not be so good lately.)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShadowSot

• booNyzarC

• d e v i c e

• JGirl

Sadly, you make a very good point. And yes, I'm pretty sure you spelled that right.

not sure if I'm glad of that or not. :mellow:

This guy is as bad as the close minded people who believe that everything paranormal is true. It seems like he is trying to explain himself to a room of skeptics. Me thinks he has some issues, mainly approval issues. Of course if you point these things out to a room full of skeptics they will laugh, cheer, *suck his d*** etc. It is obvious. Now get a room 33% skeptics, 33% believers and 33% unsure and tell both sides of the story and you will get an accurate result. Actually **** the skeptics and believers just get 100% of unsure and see how it pans out. Look at the crop circle thing for instance. He just says a joke and passes it by hoping people will go along with him like the mindless sheep they are. As well as the UFO thing. Does he point out the fact that UFO's are depicted in the Bible, in paintings of the time around Christ? No he doesn't and why is that because he knows that he can't explain that and that no one can. How about the fact the a nuke type bomb went off way way back in India's history when there were no such things as electronics let alone nuke weapons. I could honesly go on for hours but the fact is, is that he only tells a certain percent of the story so it makes him look good. if you skeptics want to truly and properly debunk ideas then dont look to this ****** look up ALL the facts for yourself then decide.

It might help if you had some contextual reference for the format of this particular talk by Michael Shermer. You see, this was at TED2006 and each speaker is only given a short amount of time for their presentation. Because of this time limitation, he simply doesn't have the time to go into great detail on each point.

It might help if you had some contextual reference for the format of this particular talk by Michael Shermer. You see, this was at TED2006 and each speaker is only given a short amount of time for their presentation. Because of this time limitation, he simply doesn't have the time to go into great detail on each point.

Thats fair but in saying that why point out stuff that is obliviously fake. Like for example the skeptic.com crop circle. I mean come on if you are serious about being a skeptic at least made good arguments, not ones that a 5 yr old could think of. And he doesnt really need to go into great detail all you have to do is one point of a unknown origin picture and state why it is fake not the stupid hubcap s***

Thats fair but in saying that why point out stuff that is obliviously fake. Like for example the skeptic.com crop circle. I mean come on if you are serious about being a skeptic at least made good arguments, not ones that a 5 yr old could think of. And he doesnt really need to go into great detail all you have to do is one point of a unknown origin picture and state why it is fake not the stupid hubcap s***

The skeptic.com bit was offensive to you? It was comic relief of a sort. And if you've done some investigation about crop circles, you'll find that admitted hoaxers have come forward and not only described how they do it but actually videotaped their creation on multiple occasions. If you press for it, I'll give you some related video links.

But about the hubcap...

So that hubcap was obviously fake? Well, of course it is when he tells you that it is a hubcap. But does it look all that different from the Trent photos?

Here is another video that goes into a little more depth about the hubcap photo and others...

Enjoy. :)

This guy is a clown always has been always will be. Example of a skeptic, sit behind a chair, hear things, read about things and just assume they are not true. Get off your lazy duff and go spend some time really researching, get your hands dirty and stop being afraid of the unknown.

This guy is a clown always has been always will be. Example of a skeptic, sit behind a chair, hear things, read about things and just assume they are not true. Get off your lazy duff and go spend some time really researching, get your hands dirty and stop being afraid of the unknown.

What kind of dirty hands research have you done about the unknown?

About Michael Shermer and his Society. Its all "lets debunk this" and "we can explain that" but lets all ignore the fully documented, totally authenticated, multiple witnesses etc, etc, etc, side of things.

If these things have been proven why are people still trying to prove them?

If I tried to explain all of the dirty hands research that I have done and have been involved in, it would make you're skeptical mind spin.

By all means, make my skeptical mind spin. Don't hold back any details.

If the paranormal didn't exist, why would the CIA and Naval Intelligence would spend billions of dollars in some paranormal programs?

http://blockyourid.com/~gbpprorg/mil/mindcontrol/hambone/puharich.html

There are others.

The remote viewings programs are other proofs. The facts they are not precise yet doesn't mean they were not valid.

http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/CIA-InitiatedRV.html

IMHO Michael Shermer is practicing disinformation. He's not the first one, he won't be the last.

Edited by Paracelse

If the paranormal didn't exist, why would the CIA and Naval Intelligence would spend billions of dollars in some paranormal programs?

http://blockyourid.com/~gbpprorg/mil/mindcontrol/hambone/puharich.html

There are others.

The remote viewings programs are other proofs. The facts they are not precise yet doesn't mean they were not valid.

http://www.biomindsuperpowers.com/Pages/CIA-InitiatedRV.html

IMHO Michael Shermer is practicing disinformation. He's not the first one, he won't be the last.

Why indeed do the military and intelligence agencies spend all the money they do on the things they do? Excellent question. Answer?

Because they can.

It doesn't make the paranormal any more legitimate or real though. After all, they scrapped the whole remote viewing gig didn't they? Would they have cut the program loose if it had yielded fruit? Nope.

Why indeed do the military and intelligence agencies spend all the money they do on the things they do? Excellent question. Answer?

Because they can.

It doesn't make the paranormal any more legitimate or real though. After all, they scrapped the whole remote viewing gig didn't they? Would they have cut the program loose if it had yielded fruit? Nope.

They (the military) say they scrapped it but also say so many things. If it didn't work why did they continue for so many years? There must have been some positive results, despite what you may think.

Why did the CIA brainwashed so many kids at Puharich's Turkey Farm? Why was the place burned down?

What we know about the whereabouts of the military could be inscribed on the back of 50c stamp.. what we don't know about, I don't think there is enough memories on all the computers of all UM members combined...