Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do secret police operate in the U.S., and

Raptor Witness

From talking to friends and family in law enforcement, both federal and local, maybe 10% of these individuals would have Top Secret clearance.

There are as of 2006, 683,396 full time state, city, university and college, metropolitan and non-metropolitan county, and other law enforcement officers in the United States. There are approx. 120,000 full time law enforcement personnel working for the federal government adding up to a total number of 800,000 law enforcement personnel in the U.S.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_police_officers_are_employed_in_the_United_states

Projections data from the National Employment Matrix

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos160.htm

First-line supervisors/managers of police and detectives

2006 93,000

2016 102,000

Detectives and criminal investigators

2006 106,000

2016 125,000

Fish and game wardens

2006 8,000

2016 8,000

Police officers

2006 654,000

2016 724,000

Police and sheriff's patrol officers

2006 648,000

2016 719,000

Transit and railroad police

2006 5,600

2016 5,900

Edited by Raptor Witness

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptor Witness

• aquatus1

• The Silver Thong

• eqgumby

Word has reached my ears that the U.S. government classified 16 million documents last year. That's 20 top secret documents generated for each one of these 800,000 with top level clearance.

For every U.S. government employee with top secret clearance, send ten friends of the wind to whisper in one ear, but if they cannot hear my voice then send ten thousand to blow trumpets in both ears, and if they still don't hear me, then let the earth speak with a single voice of many waters, until their own thoughts are completely drowned out.

593549983_78e4262ff7_o.jpg

593549979_c58f433b65_o.gif

Edited by Raptor Witness

What?

What?

I must say that I echo this sentiment, and I'm not sure what the eye and the UFO represent; I can only surmise that it's something to do with the Masons.

So looking over the thread I want to know why aquatus hasn't used his secret police connections to "take care" of Raptor?

Ah, well, that's easy then.

The majority of the people with Top Secret clearance are basically in the same room as Top Secret material. They can't look at it, or often even access it, but they are in the same working area, and because of that, need Top Secret clearance just to walk in the room. They don't actually get to touch any Top Secret Material.

Don't you have to be at least ten levels Above Top Secret to be allowed to open a filing cabinet, or is all that stuff all in the realms of mythology?

* Ah, silly me. Of course, you wouldn't be allowed to tell us, would you. Or if you did, you'd then have to kill us, of course. :unsure2:

Edited by 747400

Don't you have to be at least ten levels Above Top Secret to be allowed to open a filing cabinet, or is all that stuff all in the realms of mythology?

* Ah, silly me. Of course, you wouldn't be allowed to tell us, would you. Or if you did, you'd then have to kill us, of course. :unsure2:

As absurd as it is, aquatos is right about a lot of the security stuff. Basing the existence of a "secret police" force on the quantity of clearances out there is a little absurd. People ARE issued clearances all the time, based on their EXPOSURE to classified information. For example, he had to have a clearance issued as a Maint. Officer in case he had to view classified information stored in the comm vaults, but in his day to day job he never saw that stuff. Odds are he didn't see it EVER, because he had no NEED to see it. Hell, I have one, because I SOMETIMES have access to a place in which classified information MIGHT be stored at some times!

i just came up with a wild idea. if there is a secret police in the usa and if they wanted to know if people knew about them. just start this thread to see what they had to do to hide themselves better.

What exactly do you suspect the secret police do?

dont know didnt say there were any. just said if i was the head of such this is how i would find out if anyone knew about us and how.

but usually secret police look for those who are anti government.

Edited by danielost

That's pretty vague, but workable.

The thing about law enforcement, though, is that it mostly works by reputation. Knowing that you are being watched is often a greater deterrent than actual physical presence.

I really can't see an effective enforcement strategy relying not just on invisibility, but on non-existence.

Edited by aquatus1

That's pretty vague, but workable.

The thing about law enforcement, though, is that it mostly works by reputation. Knowing that you are being watched is often a greater deterrent than actual physical presence.

I really can't see an effective enforcement strategy relying not just on invisibility, but on non-existence.

Sometimes, the fear that you're being watched can be just as efefctive, and much more cost-effective. That's how the Gestapo largely worked; they didn't have great surveillance networks, it worked largely on informers and the fear that you never knew whether They were listening. An organisation only needs to exist for enough people to be afraid of it for it to work pretty effectively. Look at the Illuminati. :unsure2:

Given the recent uprising in Egypt, and the revelations we're discovering about their Interior Ministry's secret police force, supported and funded largely with U.S. tax dollars, it's a question I think we should asking.

I have no doubt they exist here, and here's one reason why. As of [30 September 2010,] 1,430,895 people are on active duty in the military with an additional 848,000 people in the seven reserve components.

The Washington Post recently revealed in a special investigation,[A hidden world, growing beyond control,] that "an estimated 854,000 people, hold top-secret security clearances."

Since [the number of acknowledged Al Qaeda members] was recently officially estimated to be about 300, that's 2,846 double-naught spies for every real "enemy," that the law originally contemplated. Overkill is an understatement. My next question is .... how many lower level spies are working under the Top Secret spies? My guess is the ratio is probably at least 1 to 4. This means we really have an estimated 3.4 million dedicated spies, with some level of security clearance. The only way to describe that, is a police state, the likes of which only Alex Jones could dream up. The only problem is, this isn't Alex Jones doing the ciphering.

yes there are 'secret' 'police' and worse. If people only knew, well.......lets put it this way, you WOULD REFUSE to believe some of the **EDIT** goes on here. you wouldn't be able to handle it. Everybody believes the crazy stuff happens elsewhere. Obviously you aren't going to find 'proof'...duh..........there 'cleaners' and 'firemen' are the BEST in the world.

this isn't something you can have a revolution to confront and **EDIT** about. there is NO ONE you can call to help you.... these folks are above govt, the govt is their tool not their boss.

Luckily most of us aren't important enough to be messed with, but get on their radar.........you are screwed, and there ISN'T A DAMN THING you can do to stop them.

**Language filters are there for a reason, True.****

Edited by aquatus1

yes there are 'secret' 'police' and worse. If people only knew, well.......lets put it this way, you WOULD REFUSE to believe some of the sh## goes on here. you wouldn't be able to handle it. Everybody believes the crazy stuff happens elsewhere. Obviously you aren't going to find 'proof'...duh..........there 'cleaners' and 'firemen' are the BEST in the world.

this isn't something you can have a revolution to confront and b**** about. there is NO ONE you can call to help you.... these folks are above govt, the govt is their tool not their boss.

Luckily most of us aren't important enough to be messed with, but get on their radar.........you are screwed, and there ISN'T A DAMN THING you can do to stop them.

But what do you base this idea on? There is just NO proof, and no real logical reason why it might even be true.

but i think the UN rather than the US would have a better reason to have a secret police.

But what do you base this idea on? There is just NO proof, and no real logical reason why it might even be true.

And quite a few logical reasons why it wouldn't be true.

Secret police? .... probably. Secret intelligence/information gatherers ... certainly.

* evidence for it/them ? ... no, cuz it's a secret. B)

Edited by lightly

I would have to think that if any secret police do operate they would be good enough to operate right in front of us and we would never know it for seeing it. The spin doctors can work wonders.

Which goes back to the original question "What do secret police do that their job is made easier if no one believes they exist?"

Pretty much all other enforcement operations rely a great deal on their existence being known. Why would anyone mind a police that they aren't even sure exists?

Which goes back to the original question "What do secret police do that their job is made easier if no one believes they exist?"

Pretty much all other enforcement operations rely a great deal on their existence being known. Why would anyone mind a police that they aren't even sure exists?

Now you did it lol

That's a good point. The KGB or the Gestapo were hardly secret, in fact that was the whole point to them; that they were an ever-present threat, looking over your shoulder. The mystery was that you never knew where they were, not whether they existed at all.

They do stuff that they don't want you to know they are doing. I think, mainly gathering information.

If you think you may be being watched you may alter your behavior? If the investigators are good at their job, they hope, you will not be aware of their efforts, whether watching your person, or looking at your electronic activities and communications. Investigators from all investigative agencies, like Police, FBI, CIA, GKW < (god knows who) do that sort of thing all the time for lots of different reasons.

Chiefly crime/vice investigations, but stuff like "homeland security" and so on and so forth.

and .. someone might mind police they are not sure exist.. because that means .. they aren't sure they don't! :lol:

Edited by lightly

I just go about my mundane business never even worrying about my rights being violated. When they are I will be extremely vocal.

because such a force in the usa would be unconstitutional. of course such a force could hide inside another police force. what would they be doing, how about fixing problems like in the movie i am watching right now "the storm"

So, we aren't talking about secret police at all, then, are we?

We are just talking about run-of-the-mill spies.

Which brings us to the next logical question (pesky thing, that "logic"):

What is the difference between a federally sanctioned agent doing his job of gathering information on suspects, and a "secret government" spy, gathering information on suspects?