Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Big Bad Voodoo

The mysterious origins of man

34 posts in this topic

See below;

Link

Thanks for that. Very well written piece. Cheers to you Copasetic. :tu:

Neither are you.. and you don't have his IQ.

You don't know either of those things. Do you even have the vaguest perception of how offensive this could potentially be? For all you know ShadowSot may have a higher IQ than Einstein. Good old Albert never took an IQ test, so we'll never know.

The fact is the US Geological Services first agreed with Hapgood's finding about the Reis map, then spent a fortune to prove tit wrong.. it's in the history books... it's not a matter of comparing coast lines.

The Piri Reis map is debunked. Deal with it. Another link that is shorter and easier to read.

Cheers.

Neither are you.. and you don't have his IQ.

Albert Einsteins brain was great on physics. I would not ask for expertise on gology from a phycisist, nor would I ask for physics advise from a geologist.

Albert Einsteins brain was great on physics. I would not ask for expertise on gology from a phycisist, nor would I ask for physics advise from a geologist.

I would just add that he was great philosopher.

I would just add that he was great philosopher.

Fair enough, I've not read anything of his relating to philosophy.

Fair enough, I've not read anything of his relating to philosophy.

Neither I. I forgot to wrote "IMO".

When you read his text, his thoughts, his quotes you see that he was not just physicists. He talk problems in general.About life in genreal. What is god, what is moral, what is knowledge, what is important in life, what is research, what is logic, what is imagination, religon, art, people, common sense, reason, nature...many themes he studied, think about it and talk about it.

So IMO he was philosopher too.

Some of his quotes:

When the solution is simple, God is answering.

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Information is not knowledge.

All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.

Imagination is more important then knowledge.

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.

I used to go away for weeks in a state of confusion.

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.

People love chopping wood. In this activity one immediately sees results.

Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.

The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life. Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat.

The only real valuable thing is intuition.

Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.

We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.

EDIT: Even Einstein told: "Great scientist poor philosopher" I think he was both.

Edited by the L

Ah... I don't exactly count that as philosophy myself. Those are good sayings, but those are seperate. Jim Butcher has plenty as well, but I don't count him as a philosopher, I count that as "wit."

Like what booNyzarC has in spades.

Yes but when you see definition of philosophy and his words you can find link. I agree this is totaly offtopic and debate for itself. I also admit that is very alternative look on Einstein but when you look those separate sayings as you said you saw that he in one sentence can discribe better some things then other philosophers. So if someone for example Chemist didnt finished Art academy but he also paint and his paintings are greats that doesnt mean he isnt artist.

I dont know maybe my love for Einstein made me blind or something.

Edited by the L

So if someone for example Chemist didnt finished Art academy but he also paint and his paintings are greats that doesnt mean he isnt artist.

Hah, one of my favorite physicists, Richard Feynman excelled at that sort of thing.

He was definitely an artist, even though he never attended school. Eventually had a art show.

Philosophy is a field of study, or a way of doing things.

Many great philosophers have books without a single catch phrase in them.

The art of saying a lot with few words is more encapsulated by philosophy, I think it's more wisdom and wit.

I agree many philosopher books are "what he trying to tell?" (to me thats why whe have Philosophers) but there are also books where you can find phrase or one/few sentence conclusion of philosopher thoughts on every other page.