Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who is this Antichrist?

Firestone66

Jesus did no such thing, only false prophets who needed a bad guy to scare people to the "good" side.

Lol. I find that funny, how you can determine what Jesus said. The bible contains less than 1% of actual words uttered by Jesus, the rest is what Paul said. Paulians not Christians in my humble opinion. The new testaments refers to Antichrists and so does the OT!

Lol. I find that funny, how you can determine what Jesus said. The bible contains less than 1% of actual words uttered by Jesus, the rest is what Paul said. Paulians not Christians in my humble opinion. The new testaments refers to Antichrists and so does the OT!

Interesting... 1% really. I would think Jesus referring to an antichrist would be important to reflect on, yet there is no documentation of Jesus giving any warnings of his alter ego to come. An Antichrist is nothing more than a non~believer of christ (Jesus). Let's say I agree with you on the 1%, that would mean christianity is a complete farce of an idea. In the court of law where truth is also searched for through evidence, watered~down testaments a few millennia ago just would not count as truth at 1% accuracy. Just think about it CHRISTianity. I just wonder if Jesus did make reference to an antiCHRIST off the record more than once, why would it be documented coming from his mouth at the time it happened?

• 2 weeks later...

The anti christ may have appeared in an episode of Supernatural lol

lol yeah i may have seen a few of those episodes on supernatural aswell,... come to think of it :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

It could be that Obama's paving the way for him. Everyone wants him to take over the EU. Either someone from here or England.

• 3 months later...

It could be that Obama's paving the way for him. Everyone wants him to take over the EU. Either someone from here or England.

I wonder if there could be an Anti~obama figure? If so, would that make him the guy that paves the way for Jesus. Just curious,,,

Interesting... 1% really. I would think Jesus referring to an antichrist would be important to reflect on, yet there is no documentation of Jesus giving any warnings of his alter ego to come. An Antichrist is nothing more than a non~believer of christ (Jesus). Let's say I agree with you on the 1%, that would mean christianity is a complete farce of an idea. In the court of law where truth is also searched for through evidence, watered~down testaments a few millennia ago just would not count as truth at 1% accuracy. Just think about it CHRISTianity. I just wonder if Jesus did make reference to an antiCHRIST off the record more than once, why would it be documented coming from his mouth at the time it happened?

t.

Use of the term "antichrist"seems to be is exclusive to the apostle John. Apart for John's writings the term "antichrist"doesn't seem to appear in

any other Scripture.

. Therefore, the term "antichrist" applies to everybody with a mindset against Christ and is not singular but plural

I think this has been posted before but I can't find it now

fullywired

• 1 year later...

Jesus didn't make no reference to an Antichrist, so why should we believe it exists? Jesus did not ever acknowledge that he had a doppelgänger, an equal in evil. I don't get it, somethings just develop over time I guess, it's amazing how the unofficial can become the official.

I'm not a big believer in John's prophecies of revelation. I'm a somewhat unique kind of Christian that believes only in the teachings of Jesus Christ himself. You're absolutely right that Christ said nothing of the sort, therefore I'm completely skeptical that the Antichrist would even exist.

After all, a nearly complete synopsis of his entire agenda has been written. Even a fool would be sure to notice who he really was, and if people knew, no one would follow.

If things really do turn out as evil as Christ predicted, I don't think Satan would need one man to lead people astray. Satan's goal would've already been accomplished without him.

I'm not a big believer in John's prophecies of revelation. I'm a somewhat unique kind of Christian that believes only in the teachings of Jesus Christ himself. You're absolutely right that Christ said nothing of the sort, therefore I'm completely skeptical that the Antichrist would even exist.

After all, a nearly complete synopsis of his entire agenda has been written. Even a fool would be sure to notice who he really was, and if people knew, no one would follow.

If things really do turn out as evil as Christ predicted, I don't think Satan would need one man to lead people astray. Satan's goal would've already been accomplished without him.

Don't be fooled, Brother. Satan is indeed an individual. Used to be an Angel at one point. I suspect it is the Pope. He claims to be a Christian, but he goes against all of Christ's teachings. All of them.

There has been a war taking place ever since Lucifer was cast out of Heaven and into the Earth with his wicked followers. God wants us to *choose* to serve Him, although we have free will to choose to serve who we want to.

As far as leading people astray in concerned, I believe he's already done this through false religion and sending people to die in wars based on lies and deceit. Specifically the Middle East.

Regarding the Anti-Christ. I've heard it's either Barack Obama or Prince Harry. (who apparently is experimenting with the Shroud of Turin, which was located in Jesus' tomb.)

Take care.

Don't be fooled, Brother. Satan is indeed an individual. Used to be an Angel at one point. I suspect it is the Pope. He claims to be a Christian, but he goes against all of Christ's teachings. All of them.

There has been a war taking place ever since Lucifer was cast out of Heaven and into the Earth with his wicked followers. God wants us to *choose* to serve Him, although we have free will to choose to serve who we want to.

As far as leading people astray in concerned, I believe he's already done this through false religion and sending people to die in wars based on lies and deceit. Specifically the Middle East.

Regarding the Anti-Christ. I've heard it's either Barack Obama or Prince Harry. (who apparently is experimenting with the Shroud of Turin, which was located in Jesus' tomb.)

Take care.

Well... You certainly don't have to worry about me being fooled by anyone like the Antichrist, or really anyone for that matter. As I said, I don't follow anyone but Christ himself.

Also, I may not be a big fan of the pope, but Antichrist he is not. If anything he might be the false prophet mentioned in Revelation, that is if Revelation turns out to be true, though I doubt it... :td: The pope claims allegience with Christ, which of course the validity of that claim is yet to be determined. Though regardless, he does claim it none the less, which is something I doubt the Antichrist would do. (however I'm assuming you're refering to the pope being the antichrist. How you worded it sounds as if you call him Satan himself... :hmm: )

Also, to the claims of Barack Obama and prince Henry being the Antichrist... Obama like the pope at least claims to be christian, which like I said is something I doubt the real Antichrist would do... As for prince Henry, I don't know about his religious affiliation, however I do know he is no more than a figurehead with practically no political power. I highly doubt that either would turn out to be such a being.

Just goes to show that this "Antichrist" is most likely no more than one of the prophet John's fearful delusions. :rolleyes:

I think that later maniscripts were added by Jerome, such as 2 Peter and Jude, which were disapproved by contemporary bishops throughout the Roman Empire.

The fight against Arianism likely spurred a huge influx of writings about false teachers and heretics.

Revelation and others seem to say different about the false prophet. Likely, the earliest maniscripts never had it in the forefront to warn about men denying the humanity or divinity of Jesus because those were later developments. The biggest problem that early Christians faced within the Church was Judaizers that tried to bypass the salvation of Christ in favor of a justification by works.

If anything, the antichrist would have been someone who subverted the grace of God and enslaved men to yet another codemning law. If that is the case, then, yes, the office of the pope was very antichristian.

Edited by Bluefinger
  • Like 1

Jesus didn't make no reference to an Antichrist, so why should we believe it exists? Jesus did not ever acknowledge that he had a doppelgänger, an equal in evil. I don't get it, somethings just develop over time I guess, it's amazing how the unofficial can become the official.

We don't know yet. Also, there are two individuals in the Biblical tribulation, the anti-Christ and the false prophet who proclaims him. The false prophet comes prior to the anti-Christ appearing, and supposedly is a very influential, charismatic person.

Edited by WoIverine

We don't know yet. Also, there are two individuals in the Biblical tribulation, the anti-Christ and the false prophet who proclaims him. The false prophet comes prior to the anti-Christ appearing, and supposedly is a very influential, charismatic person.

I don't think Biblical authors ever made a distinction. John says that anyone who says that Jesus did not come in the flesh is an antichrist. To this extent, no political influnce is specified. Of course, as a Christian, I question the authorship of the Epistles of John. Clearly an agenda that is not typical of the earliest issues in the Church is painted all over them; namely, the rise of Christian heretics that challenge either the humanity of Jesus (Manichean) or the divinity of Jesus (Arian). I wouldn't say that these aren't writings from Orthodox believers but are rather responses to heresies of the third and fourth centuries.

The earliest Christian writings confronted the Judaizers, insisting that one wasn't justified by the works of the Mosaic Law. To them, a false prophet or antichrist would be anyone trying to lead the Church back into obeying the works of the Mosaic Law.

The Christian claim was that the curse of the Law was taken out on Jesus. Those that believed in Him, then, did not have to suffer the curse of the Law (See Deuteronomy 28:15-68.) In that case, the Jews that had rejected Jesus bore the curse of the Law on themselves and were driven out of Jerusalem. Their temple was destroyed, their young ones sold in slavery, their weak slaughtered, and their strong sent as slaves for Roman parades and death games. For over two thousand years, the Jews were chased out wherever they hid, killed for their heritage, and made a byword wherever they fled to. We can see the devastation of the curse on the Jews during World War II and how 6 million of them perished at the Nazi concentration camps. All this while the Christians enjoyed relative prosperity.

So, the early writers were pleading with their disciples not to return to Judaism. Those that did naturally answered the Jewish call to fight Rome and were therefore slaughtered with the rest of their brethren. Thus, the antichrist, to the earliest Christians, were those who preached submission to the Mosaic Law, the mark of the Jews. Revelation confronts the Gentiles in Revelation 16, showing those that took the mark of the beast as suffering a similar fate as the Jews did.

Edited by Bluefinger

Isn't it Obama? Or, at least that's what general consensus among religious fanatics dictates.

Also known as dajjal. He is real in the most ridiculous way.

Ahhh yes...the one eyed, one armed man who leads astray and is followed by, I think, Jews and women? Maybe I'm mistaken. But doesn't Issa al masee destroy him?

Ahhh yes...the one eyed, one armed man who leads astray and is followed by, I think, Jews and women? Maybe I'm mistaken. But doesn't Issa al masee destroy him?

Ah don't spoil the story! He is suppos to destroy him :P in the future.

Edited by C235

Isn't it Obama? Or, at least that's what general consensus among religious fanatics dictates.

General consensus among religious fanatics dictates that he's also a muslim, despite being proven otherwise.

I think religious fanatics aren't the best sources to be gathering any info...

He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven."

satan will appear here on earth, able to do supernatural deeds, a One world Order must be in place, most folks will worship him as Jesus, he will claim to be but he is the "Antichrist"..

Many many studies on this are online. I don think any of us would be alive to see this day, too much prophecy to be fufilled.

He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven."

What Jesus was saying is that Christ had taken over Satan's kingdoms. When the Gospel was received by the many nations in the Roman Empire, Jesus took over.

satan will appear here on earth, able to do supernatural deeds, a One world Order must be in place, most folks will worship him as Jesus, he will claim to be but he is the "Antichrist"..

I find this to be a concept originating from the second and third centuries, rather than the first century. I mean to say that the most recent studies on the antichrist are wrong and that studies on the older manuscripts are inaccurate because they are based on false preconceptions. The Antichrist was not to be a miracle worker.

He was to be a deceiver whom would come as a man of faith.

Many many studies on this are online. I don think any of us would be alive to see this day, too much prophecy to be fufilled.

I disagree. I think this generation will see it all.