Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Hometown & the United Nations’ Agenda 21

Karlis

What makes it possible for American companies -- which are not charged with, or even accused of, illegal emissions -- to be fined hundreds of thousands of dollars, and to be hounded into bankruptcy, if not paid? The answer lies in the fact that the USA Government has signed the United Nations' Agenda 21 agreement.

Read the following, and let us know your thoughts.

Karlis

Your Hometown & the United Nations' Agenda 21

Agenda 21 proposes a global regime that will monitor, oversee, and strictly regulate our planet's oceans, lakes, streams, rivers, aquifers, sea beds, coastlands, wetlands, forests, jungles, grasslands, farmland, deserts, tundra, and mountains. It even has a whole section on regulating and "protecting" the atmosphere. It proposes plans for cities, towns, suburbs, villages, and rural areas. It envisions a global scheme for healthcare, education, nutrition, agriculture, labor, production, and consumption — in short, everything; there is nothing on, in, over, or under the Earth that doesn't fall within the purview of some part of Agenda 21. Copies of the 1,100-page document ... is now available online at http://www.un.org/esa/dsd/agenda21/

The most accessible version of Agenda 21 to come out following the Rio summit was published under the title AGENDA 21: The Earth Summit Strategy to Save Our Planet (Earthpress, 1993). Edited by environmental-activist attorney Daniel Sitarz and enthusiastically endorsed by Earth Summit chief Maurice Strong and then-U.S. Sen. Paul Simon (D-Ill.), the book is instructive for demonstrating the completely alien mindset that holds sway in so many influential political, academic, and media circles. Sitarz's edition provides a powerful, albeit unintended, indictment of the UN agreement by offering this candid appraisal of the plan's totalitarian ambition. Incredibly, Sitarz admits with apparent approval that:

AGENDA 21 proposes an array of actions which are intended to be implemented by every person on Earth.... It calls for specific changes in the activities of all people....

Effective execution of AGENDA 21 will require a profound reorientation of all human society, unlike anything the world has ever experienced — a major shift in the priorities of both governments and individuals and an unprecedented redeployment of human and financial resources. This shift will demand that a concern for the environmental consequences of every human action be integrated into individual and collective decision-making at every level.

The admission is so staggering as to require recapitulation: "profound reorientation," "all human society," "every person on Earth," "every human action," "every level," "demand," "require." In short, it is an undisguised call for the total regimentation of all life on the planet.

... over the past two decades much of Agenda 21 and the rest of the Earth Summit program have been enacted piecemeal at the state and local levels, but as "Smart Growth Initiatives," "Resilient Cities," "Regional Visioning Projects," "STAR Sustainable Communities," "Green Jobs," and "Green Building Codes." After going through charades labeled as "local visioning," "community in-put," and "consensus building," one community after another has found that it has enacted a "local" program that is virtually indistinguishable from every other "local" program, whether across the country or across the planet. The more important point, though, is that these initiatives that have been enacted ostensibly to save the environment, invariably destroy economic vitality, erode property rights, undermine liberty and constitutional government, impose soviet-style rule through "stakeholder councils," subvert local control — and usually devastate the natural environment to boot. Source

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karlis

• danielost

• Corp

• and-then

AGENDA 21 proposes an array of actions which are intended to be implemented by every person on Earth.... It calls for specific changes in the activities of all people....

Effective execution of AGENDA 21 will require a profound reorientation of all human society, unlike anything the world has ever experienced — a major shift in the priorities of both governments and individuals and an unprecedented redeployment of human and financial resources. This shift will demand that a concern for the environmental consequences of every human action be integrated into individual and collective decision-making at every level.

What is to disagree with in that statement.

If we disregard the essential roll that the environment plays in sustaining a viable life - we have signed our death warrant. Despite what many may believe this respect for the environment at the foundation of every action is the only way to progress into a future which will not ultimately lead to our species exinction.

As a Global body - this is exactly the type of policy which the UN should be advocating. The real question is will it be effectively adopted by the nations of the earth.

Br Cornelius

Hmmm.... surely this is just an aspirational document ? A suggestion and/or recommendation for action ?

The UN has no mechanism for imposing this on anyone. It would be down to individual governments to decide whether or not to incorporate any part of it into their own national laws.

meow purr :)

Sounds like a plan to wipe out the last 100+ years of technology and advancement.

I get the impression they'd like to see us back to living in mud-huts.

Sounds like a plan to wipe out the last 100+ years of technology and advancement.

A sustained program of energy conservation, resource recycling and sustainable energy sources is probably the only way to keep us out of mud huts in the long run.

Technology is neutral - how we utilize it is not.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

A sustained program of energy conservation, resource recycling and sustainable energy sources is probably the only way to keep us out of mud huts in the long run.

Br Cornelius

Great line, Br.

To add: Capitalism rules the world, right? So, if (and only if) there is an opportunity to make gazillions of dollars, then 'The Corporation' will back the UN. If not, Monsanto, Dow, BP, Exxon/Mobil, et al will continue on with "business as usual."

Shouldn't this belong in the Conspiracy forum?

Alex Jones has said some similar stuff in the past about how the UN is trying to take over America.

us yes, them no

Shouldn't this belong in the Conspiracy forum?

America signed the U.N. Agreement for Agenda 21

We are discussing the details of the agreement. :sleepy:

Where is the conspiracy here?

Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius, I agree with you that, "Technology is neutral - how we utilize it is not." That said, it should be worth noting who are the key men -- the movers and shakers, so to speak -- behind Agenda21. Maurice Strong was one of the key people (and maybe THE key man) in the formation of Agenda 21. Why not do an Internet search to see the motives of Maurice Strong, and how his motives have been enacted world-wide through Agenda 21? Maybe starting at > this site may be helpful?

Looking below the surface, do you thing the ideas of Maurice Strong, as implemented in Agenda 21 are of benefit to Mankind, or harmful in the long run?

The author of this article considers that, "Agenda 21 is a 'wolf in sheep's clothing' ". I wonder if that is a fair assessment, or an exaggeration?

Regards,

Karlis

Edited by Karlis

• 1 year later...

What a crock. I persued the 'Source' information following this specious piece on 'Agenda 21'---more "keep the Fear alive" crap from you people. Guess what I discovered folks? Here's the source being the 'Source':

It is published by American Opinion Publishing, a wholly owned subsidiary of The John Birch Society.

Oh, and to top it off, they freely and openly admit to editorializing their viewpoint.

You see, the thing is, this POV is AGENDA DRIVEN ITSELF!! Get it? ("My Agenda is better than YOUR agenda!!")

No facts here, just more covert extremism.

This entire site sucks.

Truthdigger

What a crock. I persued the 'Source' information following this specious piece on 'Agenda 21'---more "keep the Fear alive" crap from you people. Guess what I discovered folks? Here's the source being the 'Source':

It is published by American Opinion Publishing, a wholly owned subsidiary of The John Birch Society.

Oh, and to top it off, they freely and openly admit to editorializing their viewpoint.

You see, the thing is, this POV is AGENDA DRIVEN ITSELF!! Get it? ("My Agenda is better than YOUR agenda!!")

No facts here, just more covert extremism.

This entire site sucks.

Truthdigger

Welcome to UM, Truthdigger. :tu:

Regards your views about The John Birch Society: my impression from your brief reply, is that because you don't like the source, you have decided to shoot the messenger. Of course, personal bias is what we all do have, to one degree or another. B)

As regarding, "This entire site sucks", I hope you stay long enough to read various other opinions in various other threads ... You may be surprised that you eventually may change your opinion about this site. :)

Regards,

Karlis

I don't really have a problem with the goals of A21, however, the implementation methods of it seem unforgivingly draconian.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

As others have said this all depends on how much national government try to enforce this policy. The UN has shown time and time again that they have a lot of trouble actually enforcing any of their policies. If this measure appears to be going against anyone's national interests, or proves to be too unpopular, it'll just be ignored.

What is to disagree with in that statement.

If we disregard the essential roll that the environment plays in sustaining a viable life - we have signed our death warrant. Despite what many may believe this respect for the environment at the foundation of every action is the only way to progress into a future which will not ultimately lead to our species exinction.

As a Global body - this is exactly the type of policy which the UN should be advocating. The real question is will it be effectively adopted by the nations of the earth.

Br Cornelius

How much are you being paid to type this stuff? This is a hoot! We're onto the game. Environmentalism is the latest attempt at Global Dictatorship, and I'm not having any of it.

As others have said this all depends on how much national government try to enforce this policy. The UN has shown time and time again that they have a lot of trouble actually enforcing any of their policies. If this measure appears to be going against anyone's national interests, or proves to be too unpopular, it'll just be ignored.

This time. But slow and steady wins the race and this begins to set the stage for big changes down the road. However, in the short run I think it will be as successful as the UN has been in stopping the bloodshed in Syria. I wonder who would administer the trillions of dollars that would be stolen transferred from developed countries?

No country is going to willingly allow trillions of dollars to be taken from their economy. They'll flip off the UN and keep doing what they're doing.

No country is going to willingly allow trillions of dollars to be taken from their economy. They'll flip off the UN and keep doing what they're doing.

I agree, but it begs the question why make the attempt in the first place? It's patently ridiculous but no one does something like this without some thought. And no...I'm not one to spend time on the CT threads... :P

Agenda 21 is a major tool in the consolidation of power we see going on on this planet. One part of it herds us all into major high rise cities. Most of the land in America will be illegal to even step foot on. Im all for green technology, and raising the bar on clean water, and air ect ect, but they want this as a way to control people. Its alot more easy to take control over peoples lives when you have everyone in small cities instead of people spread out all over the place. The same people are heavey into depolulation plans. I cringe to think of how they may go about implementing that. Best case senerio would be a China like implementation of a one child policy. I personaly have a hard time believeing they care anything for the enviorment. Look at Japan right now. That power plant should have been long buried a half mile under ground. Instead they are still posioning this planet in what is steadily (if it already isnt) the worst nuclear disaster this planet has every seen. We have bombed the hell outta much of the middle east with depleted uranium. They dont even talk about the BP disaster that is systematicaly destroying the entire gulf ecosystem.

Agenda 21 is a major tool in the consolidation of power we see going on on this planet. One part of it herds us all into major high rise cities. Most of the land in America will be illegal to even step foot on. Im all for green technology, and raising the bar on clean water, and air ect ect, but they want this as a way to control people. Its alot more easy to take control over peoples lives when you have everyone in small cities instead of people spread out all over the place. The same people are heavey into depolulation plans. I cringe to think of how they may go about implementing that. Best case senerio would be a China like implementation of a one child policy. I personaly have a hard time believeing they care anything for the enviorment. Look at Japan right now. That power plant should have been long buried a half mile under ground. Instead they are still posioning this planet in what is steadily (if it already isnt) the worst nuclear disaster this planet has every seen. We have bombed the hell outta much of the middle east with depleted uranium. They dont even talk about the BP disaster that is systematicaly destroying the entire gulf ecosystem.

Anywhere there is power, there lies man. Power is an illusion; the people will always outnumber the elected officials. But you are right in saying that where there is power, the men who hold said power, will always seek ends in the form of consolidation. The executive branch, in this current time and place, seems to be invoking criticism; but then again, when does it not? Still, people have been semi-conscious of a lot of the things that have publicly happening with our government. Of course there are secret things being done. Any government would do what is practical to protect its investments. The main drive of the plot is the expansion of the human race. Consolidating power globally, using an international entity; UN, NATO, our leaders would effectively preparing the human race for the next stage in our societal evolution: a true global community. The branches gathering control over various agencies reminds me of Animal Farm. Those who control resources win.

Edited by Drayno