Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

100 Candles Game

Mello is Spooked

I saw something about it year(s?) ago on Paranormal State. It was the first time I had heard of it. Has anyone heard of it/played it?

Here are some instructions borrowed from Wikihow...

1.Light one hundred candles!

2.Get a group of people to play with you.

3.Sit in a circle and go around telling paranormal experiences everybody's had.

4.Each time someone tells an experience, that person blows out one candle.

5.Keep telling experiences until all the candles are blown. When all of them are out, there should be 100 spirits with you in the room!

6.Don't get too scared!

Anyone played it before?!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mello is Spooked

• scaredsilly

• bunji

• BaTTyCaKeS

I haven't played it before, nor am I likely to. :lol: I actually saw the episode you're referring too. Basically it's just setting up a spooky atmosphere and everyone freaking each other out. Much like campfire stories. It's a fun thing to do... for some, lol. It's a psych out thing. :) Have you done it? I'd love to hear some of the stories told. :D One dark night I might just read them and cry myself to sleep, hehe.

I haven't played it before, nor am I likely to. :lol: I actually saw the episode you're referring too. Basically it's just setting up a spooky atmosphere and everyone freaking each other out. Much like campfire stories. It's a fun thing to do... for some, lol. It's a psych out thing. :) Have you done it? I'd love to hear some of the stories told. :D One dark night I might just read them and cry myself to sleep, hehe.

No, I have never tried and I don't think any of my friends are ballsy enough to try it with me. I hope there is somebody who has an experience to share!

would have to be a big group to tell 100 different stories.

Um, no, I dont think I would play that game :mellow: unless I was drunk :rofl:

I'd try it, but I don't have enough candles or enough paranormal stories to share or even enough real life friends. :P

Same!

• 1 month later...

The game would require quite a bit of planning, not many people have 100 candles lying around, or have memorized a bunch of scary stories for retelling...

Never heard of it before, but it sounds interesting. Sort of sounds like it could be a fire hazard too with 100 candles, lol. Maybe a few packs of birthday candles would work.

Don't think it would be too difficult to come up with 100 stories as long as they don't have to be personal accounts or recited from memory. A group could be pretty small if each person was armed with a different book of "true" ghost stories.

Um, no, I dont think I would play that game :mellow: unless I was drunk :rofl:

Oh the games we play when we're drunk....:wacko:

Sure does sound fun to try out, rather it would be best for paranormal clubs to try this out rather cause a hundred tales or candles is quite a lot lol. :yes:

I saw something about it year(s?) ago on Paranormal State. It was the first time I had heard of it. Has anyone heard of it/played it?

Here are some instructions borrowed from Wikihow...

1.Light one hundred candles!

2.Get a group of people to play with you.

3.Sit in a circle and go around telling paranormal experiences everybody's had.

4.Each time someone tells an experience, that person blows out one candle.

5.Keep telling experiences until all the candles are blown. When all of them are out, there should be 100 spirits with you in the room!

6.Don't get too scared!

Anyone played it before?!

Paranormal State acts a lot. Don't take them seriously.

I have tried to play this before. But about 20 stories into it half the people were bored and the other half was getting spooked or goofy and we quit. :(

It was fun while it lasted and I'd like to do it again. Just exchanging experiences with other people is cool, even without the candle stuff. Some people think the concept is like the Light As A Feater/Stiff As A Board game where sharing the stories raises the paranormal energy in the room.

I imagine you would use as many candles and stories for people you have. 20 candles for a group of 20 people and each tells a story.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds pretty cool,but unless you have alot of people with alot of tales,I think you'd have to modify it a bit,but just the same I think it would be fun....

I have not heard of that or played it.

100 spirits sounds slightly scary however.

• 3 months later...

No, I don't think I would play that game. Even getting candles from a dollar store could lead to a $50 or more bill (if you get the small 50 cent candles, double if you get the taller dollar candles), just so you can sit around and scare you're friends with stories they have probably heard a ton of times already. Not to mention you'd have to know enough diverse people to make it at least half way worth it/interesting. Also, why would spirits (and that many) show up just because you lit some candles and told creepy stories? I for one wouldn't want that many spirits in my home anyway, if it was "true" that is.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds fun. I could probably pull this off with Jade, Josh and Jake. I'll have to try it when I go back to Ohio.

Also, if you use tealights, you'd only spend about $7 on 100. I just bought 50 of them two days ago for $3.50.

• 1 year later...