Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eyes of the Mothman

UM-Bot

Unexplained Mysteries: November 15th 1966 - four young adults traveling through the West Virginia backwoods of an abandoned TNT Plant, come across something, unnatural... The headlights from their '57 Chevy strike what appears to be a black, lurking, lumbering, 7 foot tall man with red eyes and wings! Before the winged man of Point Pleasant would make his departure from its menacing raid on the God fearing souls of this minute church going community, 46 people would die tragically and hundreds more would be left traumatized and emotionally scarred for life. With rumors adrift of a haunting Indian curse, wild stories of men in black, bridge collapses, and a history of uncanny coincidences, UFO sightings, and even alien abductions; The Eyes of the Mothman is the first feature length documentary to delve deeper than any other program to uncover the truth behind this unsolved mystery from 43 years ago.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

I'm buying this. I am actually glad to have checked out the Featured News articles. :)

Would it be wrong if I suggested all the footnotes about production are exaggerated or 'made-up' so that more people watch this thing?

As usual, I come into everything later than everyone else it seems. Just this past weekend I caught a rerun of the movie "The Mothman Prophecies". I've never seen the whole thing, just bits and pieces. Obviously I am aware that the movie is old at this point and is highly fictionalized to make it more interesting. However for some reason this time, it really, really piqued my interest. I started researching it on the internet to find out more about the actual supposed sightings and the incidents associated with it. Then I come on here today and see the "Eyes of the Mothman" posted on here. Odd coincidence,lol. Hope the MIB don't pay me a visit. :(

Would it be wrong if I suggested all the footnotes about production are exaggerated or 'made-up' so that more people watch this thing?

It doesn't bother me, and I am a hardcore believer. Movies like The Mothman Prophecies are a terrible first exposure for those who are researching the phenomenon. That movie was severely inaccurate; it is purely fiction.

Fortean events do happen, some very, very strange. We need to live in a world that has some semblance of order, though perhaps that is a crutch we all need to simply surive. Books stores are full of stories about the experiences of others. Are all of them lies, perhaps many, even most, but all.....well I am not sure.

Peace

mark

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I wonder what people are seeing if anything? It reminds me of Pazuzu a little bit.

Oh they want us to pay for the priviledge, no thanks :) I smell lots of hype, followed by a short documentary listing all the known sightings e.t.c, followed by the credits.

For some reason I'd rather keep the money :P