Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 years of UM: Staff Q & A

Saru

I'm pretty sure Lottie and tiggs only voted for me to call him because I was the furthest away <.<

lol dot i rememberer that night, but not as a mod. But good thing you called him in!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Beckys_Mom

• Bracket

• Still Waters

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol dot i rememberer that night, but not as a mod. But good thing you called him in!

Now i want to know what happened. :blink:

To anybody ( Saru, Mods ):

Are you aware if the Forum ever had any "Famous" members ?? ( Investigators, authors, Stanton Friedman )

I believe I banned a man who claimed to be Penn from Penn and Teller. He was just incredibly rude to the other members of the forum.

Brac is averaging 20 posts a day, I think he would be a good mod. :w00t:

I second this motion!

Saru or any Moderators, I have a question.

Have there been any topics that you have agreed with, or at the least were led into deep thought over?

I believe I banned a man who claimed to be Penn from Penn and Teller. He was just incredibly rude to the other members of the forum.

Yeah, that sounds like Penn. :rolleyes:

Saru or any Moderators, I have a question.

Have there been any topics that you have agreed with, or at the least were led into deep thought over?

I certainly have and I think most of us do. I'm skepticall about a lot of things. But I believe in an afterlife and some psychic abilities. So threads when we have discussed these topics in a scientific manner with some highly inteligent people have been some of my favorites. I also apreciate skeptisism a lot more because of U.M. and the questions people have put forward.

Also the defining of Time is one that still gets me thinking.

I certainly have and I think most of us do. I'm skepticall about a lot of things. But I believe in an afterlife and some psychic abilities. So threads when we have discussed these topics in a scientific manner with some highly inteligent people have been some of my favorites. I also apreciate skeptisism a lot more because of U.M. and the questions people have put forward.

Also the defining of Time is one that still gets me thinking.

The irony of the paradoxes involved with time is that time itself is a paradox.

I do say that I enjoy discussions of that nature. Thank you for answering me.

Oh thank goodness, I though my name might have popped up there :innocent:

Bracket for MOD........ ya that would be cool. If post counts mean anything I would be Saru's MOD :w00t: can people here tell I have a pretty lax job :blush:

Bracket for MOD........ ya that would be cool. If post counts mean anything I would be Saru's MOD :w00t: can people here tell I have a pretty lax job :blush:

That's gaining more ground than i thought it would. :lol:

Edited by Bracket

I know when my Worst Moment was....Lottie, tiggs and I were on MSN and Saru was needed on UM urgently. It was the middle of the night UK time and I called and woke him up :unsure:

I'm pretty sure Lottie and tiggs only voted for me to call him because I was the furthest away <.<

* Looks innocent *

That was the only night, I think, that we've ever had to wake Saru up.

'twas the night of the UM hacker - back in the days of yore, when Saru was still known as Saruman and before I had even become a Mod.

the whole project must have been a roller-coaster. What would you say your worst moment was ?

It was a quite a few years back now but yeah I think being called up in the middle of the night to find that the site had been hacked was a pretty bad time, it didn't take too long to fix things up though fortunately - could have been a lot worse.

Congrats in advance to UM, Saru, and all those who make this the best site on the web!

My question for all the staff here:

What one paranormal/supernatural phenomenon would you like to see unquestionable evidence of?

What one paranormal/supernatural phenomenon would you like to see unquestionable evidence of?

Just one?

Almost all of them, to be honest, though I've personally seen a UFO (mass sighting) and experienced Poltergeist activity, so those I'm good with.

I guess my top remaining three would be God, Telekinesis and Extraterrestrials (The existence of ET's and UFO's being potentially two completely different things, IMO).

Either evidence of extraterrestrial life or evidence that there is some form of afterlife; these are two things that wouldn't simply satiate curiosity but would revolutionise our beliefs and philosophies - either discovery would be considered one of the, if not the most important revelation in history.

To ALL Mods: Have you ever seen anything paranormal and that can't be explained?

I haven't unfortunately but i'd certainly like to.

To ALL Mods: Have you ever seen anything paranormal and that can't be explained?

I haven't either and like Saru, I wouldn't mind seeing something like that.

I am paranormal......:).........no.......wait........just not normal............ :wacko:

Happy Tenth Anniversary UM. Since I joined two years ago, I've seen UM grow so much. I can only imagine the changes Thongy and Becky's Mom must have seen. With all the growth taking place and the addition of new mods from so many different nations, my question is this. Are you all able to meet on a regular basis to discuss what plans are in UM's future? How is the addition of new forums decided? Operating a site that's grown to this size must be like running a major corporation.

Thank you so much for two enjoyable years. Looking forward to many more.

I am paranormal......:).........no.......wait........just not normal............ :wacko:

Lol trust you!. Well that makes at least two of us then, so you are in good company :lol:

My brother's best friend and I saw a UFO when we were kids. It was a daytime sighting and very short, by the time we shouted for my brother it was gone. It's funny that both of us had forgotten about it until the day my brother got married.

I also once wondered if the flat in which I lived in was haunted due to a series of odd events :D

Happy Tenth Anniversary UM. Since I joined two years ago, I've seen UM grow so much. I can only imagine the changes Thongy and Becky's Mom must have seen. With all the growth taking place and the addition of new mods from so many different nations, my question is this. Are you all able to meet on a regular basis to discuss what plans are in UM's future? How is the addition of new forums decided? Operating a site that's grown to this size must be like running a major corporation.

Thank you so much for two enjoyable years. Looking forward to many more.

I'm relatively new to the site compared to the other mods who have been here much longer than I have, although I did lurk for about a year before I joined. Like you, I've seen a lot of changes.

Saru initiates all the work on UM himself, and then puts his plans/thoughts forward for staff discussion. We all have a chance to say what we think and put our own ideas forward if we have any.

I must say in the 3 to 4 years I've been on this site, I've learned a lot and also have had some good discussions. Congratulations on creating and sustaining such a great place!

My question to the Mods is, where do you see this site going in the future? Are there plans for something bigger and better (not that it can get much better :P)?

Saru initiates all the work on UM himself, and then puts his plans/thoughts forward for staff discussion. We all have a chance to say what we think and put our own ideas forward if we have any.

Those discussions kind of go like this...

Mods: Gee Saru, what do you want to do tonight?

Saru: The same thing we do every night Mods - try to take over the world!

:P