Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Necromancy

If the person is already dead then not that i know of. While you could evoke there "ghost" you would still be missing some parts. You could try invoking it into someone with a weak mind, and the person might manifest the deceaseds habits and strong memories.

If your meaning yourself after your dead well there is the black rite. But you would need a baby and would have to kill yourself in the ritual.

Necromancy is about gaining information from the dead. Examples would be seances or, in some old texts, reanimating a corpse briefly so you can have them divulge something they know. It is used in many religions and practices. However, it is the rpg version that people tend to think of. Reanimating the dead to serve as their slaves/minions.

Why play GOD ?

Because God obviously stopped playing God a while ago. Might as well give someone else a chance.

• Like 2

Because God obviously stopped playing God a while ago. Might as well give someone else a chance.

Best answer I ever heard...

10/10

Would probably come in handy.

Yeah, why not raise an army of the dead? Your army would not lose any lives, you can't say that to any other army..

My Necromancy skill is currently level seven. I only need four more experience points to level it up, though. Anyone want to party up? I have two mages and a tank... A mid-level thief would be a huge asset. Meet me in the town square if you're interested! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

My Necromancy skill is currently level seven. I only need four more experience points to level it up, though. Anyone want to party up? I have two mages and a tank... A mid-level thief would be a huge asset. Meet me in the town square if you're interested! :rolleyes:

I'm not impressed by your sarcasm, this is not a game. Be serious!

• 5 weeks later...

Did you ever wander wether you could bring back the dead? I aim to find information related to the "mystical" art of bringing

back dead people, or wether you can do it in a more scientific way (say keep a record of their memories and create a new body)

or wether it is COMPLETELY impossible. (I say completely, if you are interested to know why then why not google "parallel dimensions theory")

I am trying to be realistic, NO I do not want to bring back the dead, this is simply hypothetical and out of curiosity.

If you believe/disbelieve then please comment, please give reasons for your opinions.

Thanks.

I DON'T BELIEVE IT'S POSSIBLE BECAUSE SCIENCE DOES'NT HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY AT THIS TIME.BUT I AGREE WITH SOME OF THE OTHER POSTS,MAYBE LIFE IN THE HEREAFTER IS ALOT BETTER,SO WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO COME BACK TO THIS SCREWED UP WORLD?

I SAY LET THE DEAD ALONE.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The only real study on this that I know of is Cryogenics . The scientist haven't mastered it yet and I think they study that subject on the therory of time travel . I.E. trying to reach other planets with the way of the astronaut not growing old , because we don't have the capabilities of a craft flying at the speed of light ( which is 180,000 miles per second ) . Now my therory of it is ,that you'd have to trap the soul before you freeze the body , I really don't think you can bring back anyone or anything after it dies and the soul leaves the body . The only account of this happening is in the bible and of course that's only left up to the believer.......

The only real study on this that I know of is Cryogenics . The scientist haven't mastered it yet and I think they study that subject on the therory of time travel . I.E. trying to reach other planets with the way of the astronaut not growing old , because we don't have the capabilities of a craft flying at the speed of light ( which is 180,000 miles per second ) . Now my therory of it is ,that you'd have to trap the soul before you freeze the body , I really don't think you can bring back anyone or anything after it dies and the soul leaves the body . The only account of this happening is in the bible and of course that's only left up to the believer.......

Well I have heard of necromancers supposedly bringing back the dead bodies and not bothering with the "soul" or whatever it is... Still, why should it not be possible to find the soul?

How could a reanimated corpse actually function biologically at any level, esp considering the fact that without oxygen irreversible brain damage occurs within minutes, yet alone something thats been dead for awhile.

Perhaps you could aninate the corpse via some kind of "spritual energy", but if this just results in a mindless zombie without any cognitive function, then can you really say you have resurrected a "person"? Not really IMO.

Edited by Isotope

How could a reanimated corpse actually function biologically at any level, esp considering the fact that without oxygen irreversible brain damage occurs within minutes, yet alone something thats been dead for awhile.

Perhaps you could aninate the corpse via some kind of "spritual energy", but if this just results in a mindless zombie without any cognitive function, then can you really say you have resurrected a "person"? Not really IMO.

well why not build nano-robots to repair the tissue damage???

• 1 month later...

well why not build nano-robots to repair the tissue damage???

Also, we the invention of three dimensional printing, we could practically produce new organs to replace the

damaged ones in the person. We could even make a totally new body and just stick in the memories.

Note: Vodoo does NOT ressurect the dead, They just put them in a trance like state with a special toxin, and then

use that to hypnotise them and take away their will. This was for stopping bad people, without killing them, as vodoo

is against harming or killing.

rofl im sorry ealdwita but thats from a rpg (role playing game)

I was chucking over that page too... could you imagine someone out there trying to raise up granpa with a dead rabbit ROFLAO

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bringing this post back to life (didnt mean to do that) but i felt the answers given were simply not good enough - no one actually seemed to think about it.

In theory there are lots of things to consider when bringing someone back to life, mainly the soul and the body.

Where does the soul go ?

If it goes to a particular place or domain then you might need permission or could you force it out of its current place.

How can you house, manipulate the soul?

You need to move it from its current place back to its original body - and does the body need to be alive to receive it ?

Also how do you know that you have the right soul, lets just imagine that you can do the things above and that you have permission to take a soul from this unknown domain, that means that someone is incharge of the souls or overseas them ? What if they trick you and give you the wrong soul?

There is also the question of preserving the body, the brain needs oxygen and if you manage to place the soul back into the person but fail to preserve the brain i can imagine they will no better than a vegetable.

So in the end you need to keep the body alive or preserve it, find out where the soul is, make sure you get the right soul, manipulate it, place the soul back into the body,make sure it stays in the body.

No one really knows what happens when we die, because no one has come back to tell us. Perhaps that is the first step. There is, lets not forget the moral implications of bringing back a person from the dead, im not religious but it does sound a little messed up and if a person felt the need and had the the knowledge to bring a loved one back to life i think they are selfish and are not considering whether that person wants to be brought back. There is also the question of who do we bring back and who do we keep dead - who makes that decision, personally i think it should be left well alone.

• Like 1

Are we talking about someone that has been dead for a while or a very short time? A body that has been dead for a while would have started rotting. No brain left to think and no muscles left to move. So I would say no.

Sorry for bringing this post back to life (didnt mean to do that) but i felt the answers given were simply not good enough - no one actually seemed to think about it.

In theory there are lots of things to consider when bringing someone back to life, mainly the soul and the body.

Where does the soul go ?

If it goes to a particular place or domain then you might need permission or could you force it out of its current place.

How can you house, manipulate the soul?

You need to move it from its current place back to its original body - and does the body need to be alive to receive it ?

Also how do you know that you have the right soul, lets just imagine that you can do the things above and that you have permission to take a soul from this unknown domain, that means that someone is incharge of the souls or overseas them ? What if they trick you and give you the wrong soul?

There is also the question of preserving the body, the brain needs oxygen and if you manage to place the soul back into the person but fail to preserve the brain i can imagine they will no better than a vegetable.

So in the end you need to keep the body alive or preserve it, find out where the soul is, make sure you get the right soul, manipulate it, place the soul back into the body,make sure it stays in the body.

No one really knows what happens when we die, because no one has come back to tell us. Perhaps that is the first step. There is, lets not forget the moral implications of bringing back a person from the dead, im not religious but it does sound a little messed up and if a person felt the need and had the the knowledge to bring a loved one back to life i think they are selfish and are not considering whether that person wants to be brought back. There is also the question of who do we bring back and who do we keep dead - who makes that decision, personally i think it should be left well alone.

You just necroposted in a thread about necromancy! lol

• Like 2

Actually Necromany is not about 'raising the dead', it is about embracing the death current, entering the Westgate and welcoming Azræl into your life.

But zombies are cool! I think there is a pretty good thread about them somewhere on this forum.

I think that maybe in the future it might be possible to bring someone back to life, but only if they've been dead for a VERY short amount of time. Say if you hooked them up to life support and filtered oxygen through then (after they were already dead) and let the oxygen replenish the cells a bit, and then used whatever crazy necromancy technique to draw their sould back into the body.

But the major flaw I see in the plan is how they died. Say if they died by being impaled through the heart. Unless you could magically repair that wound they'd just die AGAIN shortly after you bring them back to life.

Maybe if we could reverse cell aging we could bring back people who died simply of old age and failing organs. But this is only if a way to draw the soul back into the body is discovered. And this whole post is going on the pretensethat we do in fact have a soul or spirit. What if we don't and our inteligence and mind is just a product of our braincells.

Now that I think of it, necromancy might be even more possible if we don't have souls, but none of what I'm saying is scientifically understood yet at all, so I don't see people bring back the dead in the near future.

Allegedly ,Aleistar Crowley ,could reanimate bodies ,in a very eleaborate ritual,which is shunned by all witches I know .

Disgusting .

Voodoo zombies are a whole other thing .

I like the zombies in the anita Blake books .She's a necromancer by trade,so she ressurects the dead.

There are these hysterical scenarios where the family wants to know ,like who murdered them,or who did they want to leave all their money to.

I've read through the posts, and someone mentioned about the idea that the "after-life" might be better than our current life.

Well, I hope that's true, 'cause this life sucks... I would not want to come back.

Well I believe when the body dies the soul leaves. If it was possible to bring the dead back the person would be soulless right? I know some non-belivers don't believe in this.

I like what the Egyptians thought about Life After Death:

The ancient Egyptians understood the separation of soul from body, an explanation of what happens when the Ka does not join the Ba is presented in the Coffin Texts of King Unas.

There is a division that occurs at the point of death, our consciousness becomes divided into two separate states. The first state in this division of consciousness is called the "Ba", this is the immortal state of consciousness that reincarnates and continues its sacred pilgrimage towards total illumination.

It is the spark of divinity that resides within us all, the aspect of our multidimensional being that inspires us to overcome our animal nature, to move beyond the cravings of the small self-centered ego so as to experience an interconnectedness with the entire universal reality and beyond.

The second aspect of this great separation at death is the "Ka". The Ka is the part of the human consciousness that remains here on Earth. It is perceived as the "ghost" or psychic residue of the previous conscious being. It is the spirit. It is the part of us that has a connection with the place that the physical body lived, with the objects it possessed, with the people that it knew.

The Ka is the aspect of consciousness that is left when the Ba, or animating force, departs the physical body. It is the shadow, or remaining psychic imprint, of soul consciousness, or the "spirit" which haunts a place, that occupies illusory heavens and hells, that may relive its own human life over and over for eternity.

- paraphrased from "Alchemy of the Afterlife: The Ka, the Ba, and the Kabbalah" by Jay Weidner