Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Scale of the Universe.

karl 12

Pretty darn amazing media presentation showing the true scale of our universe - don't forget to use the arrow keys!

Link
Zoom from the edge of the universe to the quantum foam of spacetime and learn the scale of things along the way! Learn the size of the Pillars of Creation and marvel at the minuscule scale of a neutrino!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taun

• Lilly

• WoIverine

• Taut

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey that's Fun! .. and incomprehensible really.. thanks karl

• 5 months later...

It makes me wonder what humans will find when they get into their heads to look beyond the light spectrum.

Nice!

I also like this picture. Makes me feel nice and insignificant. ^_^

And here's a link to the full resolution (109.99MB) Hubble Ultra Deep Field Image and the Wiki page for those unfamiliar with the image. :tu:

Wow, that was a very good link. Made my head hurt. I want to be God so I can see it all.

I've always liked this video... (probably first saw it somewhere else on this board...If so sorry)

It doesn't go from smallest to largest, but it does show the structure of the web of galaxies that

make up our known universe...

Remember, what is displayed is less than 2% of the known universe (according to the video) and

each tiny dot of light is an entire galaxy...

Well, so the universe is ultimately a gigantic pink sponge.

It kind of reminds me of the way brain tissue looks... And the "close-ups" somewhat resemble

the appearance of neurons... To me at least... :unsure2:

It kind of reminds me of the way brain tissue looks... And the "close-ups" somewhat resemble

Yeah...it's crazy how small and insignificant we are when you look at how large the universe is, and the video only displayed 1.5% of the whole thing. If the universe could be viewed like a brain...then I guess in size, we wouldn't even be a molecule compared to it as a whole. Yeesh, I feel kind of empty now. Haha

Yeah...it's crazy how small and insignificant we are when you look at how large the universe is, and the video only displayed 1.5% of the whole thing. If the universe could be viewed like a brain...then I guess in size, we wouldn't even be a molecule compared to it as a whole. Yeesh, I feel kind of empty now. Haha

But... as my mother used to say... "In all the vast Universe... there is only one you"

Then - if I had been difficult recently she would add - "And one is quite enough!"...

it's God's neurons, nuff said :)

*If some choose to view God as the creator of the universe that's their personal opinion. However, there are various other forums for religious discussion. Let's all please focus on the scientific aspects of the discussion in these forums. Thank you.*

Yep, looks just like an electron micrograph of neurons, exactly. Maybe we are part of God's brain.

Nice!

I also like this picture. Makes me feel nice and insignificant. ^_^

And here's a link to the full resolution (109.99MB) Hubble Ultra Deep Field Image and the Wiki page for those unfamiliar with the image. :tu:

from the bottom of the thing in the first link it says the imge we are receiving from that is as old as when we think the big bang happened

well there goes another peice of junk science came up with

Yep, looks just like an electron micrograph of neurons, exactly. Maybe we are part of God's brain.

Well... don't know so much if its a god (or The God) or not... can't say.. but perhaps all

of our activities and motions are just the thought processes of a larger (really, really,

really, really much larger) creature... :o:

It may need to seek professional help....

That was the first thing that entered my mind, too, that and wondering if I could superimpose a picture of Mighty Mouse in there somewhere! LOL!

Let there be light!

I have 101, actually more, of the many passages on Light, at my other site.

it's God's neurons, nuff said :)

That's a cool thought!

Edited by encouraged

*If some choose to view God as the creator of the universe that's their personal opinion. However, there are various other forums for religious discussion. Let's all please focus on the scientific aspects of the discussion in these forums. Thank you.*

And just out of curiosity, why should we be told what to focus on in a discussion? No malice, just an honest question.

And just out of curiosity, why should we be told what to focus on in a discussion? No malice, just an honest question.

Because that is the focus of the forum -

Board Index > Science and Space> Astronomy and Astrophysics

Nibs

Well, in the science forums one discusses 'science'. There are other forums for the discussion of religious beliefs. So, those who wish to focus on religious aspects need to take the discussion to the appropriate forum. You can discuss anything (within the rules) but you may be asked to place such discussion in the proper location. I hope this clears things up.

I was kind of expecting the subject of a divine being coming up in the discussion as I posted

my comment about brain cells and neurons... and I almost didn't because of it...

I am a (reasonably) religious guy (meaning I believe in a diety), but I do feel the

discussion could probably best remain within the realm of the physical/scientific universe...

I appologize to you all if my comment led this thread into other - perhaps less compatible -

directions...

(but I still think it looks like some dudes brain!)