Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's first wizard school opens

Still Waters

He is the real-life wizard headmaster giving Harry Potter’s Dumbledore a run for his money.

Oberon Zell-Ravenheart, 68, has dedicated his life to studying the Dark Arts - even doing the shopping in his wizard costume and wand.

Now the magic master has opened the world’s only registered wizard academy, the Grey School of Wizardry, as he prepares to make Hogwarts and the world of Harry Potter a reality.

If you've ever read Harry Potter and wondered if wizards really do walk among us, perhaps behind a secret train platform, or in secret communities, I can tell you that we are absolutely real,' says Oberon, from Catoti, California.

Today, Oberon Zell-Ravenheart’s Grey School of Wizardry is the first wizard school to be officially recognized as an academic establishment.

Like Hogwarts, the Grey School teaches 16 departments, including Alchemy, Beastmastery, Horse-whispering, wand-making and spell casting.

Pupils who attend s unique ‘conclave’ magic schools are split into four ancient houses - Winds, Undines, Gnomes and Salamanders, and like Potter, students study a defence against the deadly Dark Arts.

arrow3.gifRead more...

It actually sounds facinating, after looking up a few of the subjects like quantum entanglement and mathemagicks. Plus he looks like he enjoys life and lives it his way. I love that picture of he and his wife from 1973.

Edited by OverSword

I'm joining! :D

Sounds very interesting.

So,would my credits carry over to another school?

Pfft if I wanted a useless education, I'd get a liberal arts degree :no:

Well, he seems like a sweet old man and he and his wife look happy. So why not?

Edited by ~TheBigK~

Good on them. Makes me wonder whats on that shopping list though, "Sorry mate, we're fresh out of salamanders."

Everybody wishes the world was more magical and interesting than it actually is.

Well..it is nothing more than another money making enterprise.

People love the whole "wizards in pointy hats" thing and there is no short supply of people who really think magic is real so..if people want to blow their money on something that wastes their time then go ahead.

I mean, I admit it sounds like fun but that is all it really is, a place to immerse oneself in ones fantasies and it really needs to be portrayed as a fantasy enterprise not something that actually means anything.

Everybody wishes the world was more magical and interesting than it actually is.

Yup. That sums it up.

O thought that name was familiar, he's the dude who makes unicorns!

LOL! So that's really what's going on when you dedicate your life to the dark arts?

Well..it is nothing more than another money making enterprise.

People love the whole "wizards in pointy hats" thing and there is no short supply of people who really think magic is real so..if people want to blow their money on something that wastes their time then go ahead.

I mean, I admit it sounds like fun but that is all it really is, a place to immerse oneself in ones fantasies and it really needs to be portrayed as a fantasy enterprise not something that actually means anything.

Yup. That sums it up.

Actually if you look up some of the courses being offered like wortcraft, you would see it's it herbal medicine and mathmagicks are mentalists tricks using math and quantum entanglements was first proposed on a paper cowritten by Einstien. He is a real wizard, it's just that your definition of wizardry and his differ.

If I want to learn about herbal medicine, for example, then I will go to a real accredited college for that and not some fluff-bunny enterprise where the founder runs around in wizard robes. There is nothing scientific or useful about what what Mr. Pointy-Hat is offering.

He is a real wizard, it's just that your definition of wizardry and his differ.

Really now?

And what is your definition of a wizard?

Edited by Ryu

If I want to learn about herbal medicine, for example, then I will go to a real accredited college for that and not some fluff-bunny enterprise where the founder runs around in wizard robes. There is nothing scientific or useful about what what Mr. Pointy-Hat is offering.

If I had extra money to spend I would take those classes, and no, I wouldn't take them seriously. It's called fun.

I'd so want to be a teacher there...

If I had extra money to spend I would take those classes, and no, I wouldn't take them seriously. It's called fun.

I am aware that it is "fun" I just object to the school even being called a school since it offers nothing useful for real life.

Ridiculous. :rofl:

Although, I guess it provides some people with an escape from reality. Which some people need.

• Like 1

Ridiculous. :rofl:

Although, I guess it provides some people with an escape from reality. Which some people need.

Yes. Albeit a very expensive escape.

I think this guy has gone a little too crazy over harry potter. Almost as crazy as this guy > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0VlIjXj9NA.

I can't believe our education system actually allowed a mad man like this to teach or do anything for that matter. Man I guess we are going in the shitter for sure.

wow, he surgically made a goat into a unicorn. that's taking it a bit far.