Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Walking stick figures.

Sergeant

This is a very different kind of "Thing" which was supposedly caught on a security camera. It shows two stick figures walking across someone's lawn.

This is truly bizarre. What do you think? I've seen some cheezy videos before but I'm half way inclined to believe this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emyQepHlC4w&feature=player_embedded

stick-figure-caught-on-film-100x100.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White Crane Feather

• Tom B

• JGirl

• Bendy Demon

Wow... this is strange. I don't know what to make of it. My first thought was that it was some kind of light or error on the camera, but this can't be because the thing has a shadow. Very creepy, and great find btw.

this was posted here before.

not any more interesting this time around either, i'm afraid

I don't know, I find it pretty interesting. I can't recall what conclusions were made in the other thread but if it's not a hoax then I couldn't even hazard a guess.

So this thing was already on video, right?

So why wasn't the original used rather than video taping the screen as it was playing the original?

The classic, camera moving around and jiggling is too predicable.

Admittedly it is odd but I am still inclined to think it was hoaxed.

So this thing was already on video, right?

So why wasn't the original used rather than video taping the screen as it was playing the original?

The classic, camera moving around and jiggling is too predicable.

Admittedly it is odd but I am still inclined to think it was hoaxed.

i can't remember what thread the other video was on but i don't recall it being a video of a video as this one is. seems to me it was the original.

I am looking at the video Sergeant posted and when you look at it, especially at around 40 to 43 seconds you clearly see the video screen which the supposed original CCTV vid is playing on.

Because someone was recording this video as it was playing, there is going to be a loss of resolution which leads me to think this was all a prank.

I am looking at the video Sergeant posted and when you look at it, especially at around 40 to 43 seconds you clearly see the video screen which the supposed original CCTV vid is playing on.

Because someone was recording this video as it was playing, there is going to be a loss of resolution which leads me to think this was all a prank.

i found the video - it's not the original after all, but a bit better visuals

i'm not sure if i know how to embed it - i have the link but every time i try to do it it won't work

edit :ugh...

here's the link to the youtube vid

here's the link to the thread i saw the video on

Edited by JGirl

Couple of things.

The locomotion of the thing was walking. Walking requires friction. There was a comment on the video that it did not touch the ground. If it was not touching the ground it would not need a walking motion to travel, because it would not be using friction against the ground to move.

It had a shadow, so it was a real non introduced object with clear bilogical locomotion. My guess..... Somone A kid maby in a sheet . There is a cloth flowing atribute by one of the legs. I have a tree year old. If I threw a small sheet like a ghost outfit on him, it would look like that. Especially if he kept his arms down to his sides.

Edited by Seeker79

Oh, yes I looked again. It's a toddler.

It even had that side side gate they use my guess is 2-3 years old but not much older.

Fun to watch but it's a toddler in a costume.

November is just after Halloween.

Scenerio. Kids were messing around in their Halloween costumes. It looked weird on the video so they sent it to someone.

Anyone else with a theory?

Fake. Notice how there is a seeming jump forward in frames as the person in the vid is talking then suddenly this thing appears.

Also there is some odd pixilation as the creature disappears behind the persons head. ALSO the perspective and size differential seems odd.

If people are going to continue creating fakes and hoaxes, couldn't they at least be a bit more imaginative?

it's the aliens!!! Jk jk. I don't know what it is but it's really creepy.

Oh, yes I looked again. It's a toddler.

It even had that side side gate they use my guess is 2-3 years old but not much older.

Fun to watch but it's a toddler in a costume.

Ah, I can see that. Still looked creepy though. That kid is way to skinny. But I guess from the camera angle it makes him/her look like a stick figure or something like that....

about the first video, one word....cats!

Cats walking around with their tale in the air, so a bad quality video, few shadows and they looks like aliens.

thats what happens when a Praying mantis lives next to a nuclear facility.

That's a funny one Tom B.

I saw this video on Fact or Faked. I don't remember what their conclussion was, but I think its a hoax. Creepy however.

thats what happens when a Praying mantis lives next to a nuclear facility.

Hahaha I'm seriously laughing

Thats it, the world is going to get over run by stick figures :mellow:

I saw this video on Fact or Faked. I don't remember what their conclussion was, but I think its a hoax. Creepy however.

As far as the show, I don't think they came up with a logical conclusion. They tried to make a "puppeteer" kind of dummy first walking next to it I remember, then tried editing the guy out so just the puppet remained. There were more tests, but I'm not sure what else they did; They didn't explain the video though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnDZHpSab48

they tried on fact or faked with a child but he was still too big and when they went on an investigation of the surrounding woods they had a lot of equipment failure, and the saw to creatures on their thermal cam, and they just suddenly disappeared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hccwKPCS7YM&feature=related

Edited by mgessel