Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the scariest movie?

xBlackDahliax

Oh yeah I adore the novel, it's an absolute classic. I don't think King 'got' what Kubrick did with the framework, he coulda made a basic visual counterpart in his sleep but he used it as a foundation and vehicle for his own themes and agendas and crazy interpretations. A lot of it is about the genocide of the american indians and the juxtaposition of written medium vs electronic communication, it's severely fascinating and downright odd. You get the impression his Torrance wasn't sane to begin with and the ending is mind boggling, it's interesting he is in the Baphomet pose in the last photo. The number puzzles and subconscious maze are also quite a treat!

It certainly ain't a horror film as audiences know it, there is barely any blood, two deaths and no cheap thrills, the elevator holds all the gore really and that is symbolic and not a mere gimmick. True art!

Edited by DancingCorpse

I dont like Kubricks The Shining either. But the novel by Stephen King is one of the scariest novels I have ever read.

I like the fact that Jack Torrance POV is presented quite ambiguous and yes, the hotel is indeed more malevolent (it is the centerpiece not the cheap parlour scares of the ghosts themselves such as in the film) with ever increasing atmosphere of the sinister. It really ****s with their heads for example... the topiary animals.

They're kinda creepy anyways... unimaginable in some remote and isolated mountain-top hotel alone during the off season.

http://images.search..._ff&fr2=piv-web

Same here I read it in about a week because it was so good I just couldnt put it down

Here is a working clip from the 28-weeks-later opening scene.

Goddamn STASI YouTube blocked the other one, which was of better quality.

[media=]

[/media]

See Now I thought 28 days later was the best out of the 2, When I saw it I was very entertained. BLOOD and GORE is phenomenal in that movie

Also jumping back to The Shining movie Kubrick called Stephen King and he said that The Shining was a pretty optimistic movie because If there were all these ghosts that meant that there was life after death. Stephen King then said well what about hell, and Kubrick replied I dont believe in Hell. Then Stephen King said well I do. So they disagreed about that also

Yeah I remember reading that, he woke King up at like 3 in the morning with random questions cause of the time differences haha. The novel has a much more upbeat ending than what we're left with in the movie. Though there was a scene in a hospital which (I think, at least I haven't been able to track it down) never made it into the final cut, I believe Kubrick removed it.

Yeah Kubrick is know to be a good director I mean look at A ClockWork Orange I loved that movie, also 2001 : A Space Oddessey was good and ahead of its time when it was made.

• Like 1

Thankskilling

^Not a trailer to watch for those with a weak stomache, or virgin ears.

Annie (1982) I still get nightmares today just thinking of that little red haired girl. :cry:

• Like 1

I have had my share of scary movies.

Child's Play takes the reward for Movie that traumatized me for a LOOONG time. I still can't get myself to watch.. that thing.

:no:

I have had my share of scary movies.

Child's Play takes the reward for Movie that traumatized me for a LOOONG time. I still can't get myself to watch.. that thing.

:no:

I was watching Childs Play and one of my little cousins saw Chucky and it FREAKED them out

• Like 1

Haha I was flicking through the channels at stupid o clock the other night and Bride Of Chucky or some crazyness was on, it was so funny it kinda freaked me out. Reminds me of that legend Slappy the dummy from Goosebumps :unsure2:

• Like 2

God help me, I RAN from my mom at a flea market once. Some peeps were tossing a doll of HIM around.

I even told my cousins to tear his visage from a newspaper once. I was that scared. I was 13 when I told them to do that.

At 17, the first part was on Netflix.

Brother: Hey, Child's Play! Wanna watch?

Me: -automatically turns and mods a PC game in another room.-

• Like 1

DeadGirl was pretty messed up I thought

I'd have to say the exorcist...the tv programme had this movie many years ago, when i was still a child, and i wanted to watch it. I shut the tv down and left before the movie ended and i had nightmares that same night. The only movie , that terrified me so much!!! :P

Edited by CuriousGreek
  • Like 1

10 - Paranormal Activity.

Now, you're probably thinking "PA, what the hell?" but denial aside, the first movie was scary. Watch it alone, at night, with the volumne way up. It only turned to trash when Hollywood started farting out sequels.

I was actually falling asleep while I was watching that...so many times where I wanted to just get up and turn it off, but I kept watching to see if it would get good, it never did...That movie was the biggest disapointment I had seen in a long time, couldn't believe how lame and unscary those movies are.

When I was younger The Invasion Of the Body Snatchers scared the love out of me

There are only two 'first person' perspective films that creep me a little. One is The Blair Witch Project, certainly is very raw and has its flaws but an intriguing and unsettling experience. The other is the original spanish film [REC] which is about a virus breaking out in an apartment complex and the events that escalate with a film crew trapped in there, pretty good moments in that film.

Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County was pretty creepy I thought.

There is a film that builds quite well and leads to an abduction experience regarding a family who live in an isolated country location, I'm sure it was The McPherson Tapes or something, nothing spectacular and real low budget but the suspense was done effectively.

Edited by DancingCorpse

I vote for Blair witch Because I love to hike and some times go off the beaten path and have been to places in the deep woods that don't feel right. So yeah freaked me out for weeks.

• Like 1

There is a film that builds quite well and leads to an abduction experience regarding a family who live in an isolated country location, I'm sure it was The McPherson Tapes or something, nothing spectacular and real low budget but the suspense was done effectively.

Isent that Alien Abduction: incident at Lake County, ooooh Its just called The McPherson Tapes?

"The Thing" is another scary movie that unsettled me for a while. Just.. so... disgusting.

Im guessing your talking about John Carpenters remake, It was pretty disgusting but in a good way