Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the scariest movie?

xBlackDahliax

Im guessing your talking about John Carpenters remake, It was pretty disgusting but in a good way.

Both of them are disgusting in concept. A sinister Alien lifeform that hides within it's host and mutates them in the most grotesque and horrific of ways? No thank you.

• Like 1

Both of them are disgusting in concept. A sinister Alien lifeform that hides within it's host and mutates them in the most grotesque and horrific of ways? No thank you.

Oh I didnt think the one in black and white was like that

I vote for Blair witch Because I love to hike and some times go off the beaten path and have been to places in the deep woods that don't feel right. So yeah freaked me out for weeks.

Me too haha, there've been several moments whilst in the thick of the woods where it just goes deathly silent and then you hear a branch snap someplace and expect to find loads of random patterns in the trees :(

The Thing is amazing, to me it's one of the most realistic movies because of how the characters react. It has a GREAT build up to the first 'scare' too. Such a masterful performance from Kurt Russell too, definite classic for me.

Blair Witch.. that movie still creeps me out..

Me too haha, there've been several moments whilst in the thick of the woods where it just goes deathly silent and then you hear a branch snap someplace and expect to find loads of random patterns in the trees :(

The Thing is amazing, to me it's one of the most realistic movies because of how the characters react. It has a GREAT build up to the first 'scare' too. Such a masterful performance from Kurt Russell too, definite classic for me.

Yeah I own The Thing with Kurt Russel its incredible for a monster movie :tu:

There's some killer quotes in it - ''I cannot believe any of this voodoo bull(poop)!' :D

The one and only complaint I have with it is that I think the climax could have been a few minutes longer but again it's realistic and budget constraints hampered it.

Blair Witch Project got me. I watched it at night, alone at home - a house near the woods - when I was younger. Also, the baby crying in the woods...

Lost Highway was bad as well. I mean, excellent movie. But that ******* mystery man and his creepy smile. Ugh. Terrifying!

John Carpenter's The Thing? That movie is so sick.

I must have watched it thirty times.

I know every characters name,action,line and demise.

Kurt Russell was an epitome of cool throughout.

I'm going to pop it in the DVD recorder again..

But I'm don't think it was the scariest though.

I need to have a little ponder about that...

• Like 1

yeah I really love Wilford Brimleys character :tu:

Have any of you seen the newest 2011 one? is it any good?

MV5BMTMxMjI0MzUyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjc1NzE5NQ@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

yeah I really love Wilford Brimleys character :tu:

Have any of you seen the newest 2011 one? is it any good?

MV5BMTMxMjI0MzUyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjc1NzE5NQ@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

It's Palmer that does it for me in the 1982 film.

He delivered the best line in the movie and pulled it off with casual aplomb.

Btw the 2011 film isn't a patch on the original but it's still superior to about 99.5% of all films.

The best scary movie franchise is the Final Destination series.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but years ago, when I saw In The Mouth Of Madness, I thought it was reeeeally, reeeally scary. I don't know how I'd view it now, but I do consider that that was a long time ago... and it was late at night... and I was in the dark... :passifier:

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but years ago, when I saw In The Mouth Of Madness, I thought it was reeeeally, reeeally scary. I don't know how I'd view it now, but I do consider that that was a long time ago... and it was late at night... and I was in the dark... :passifier:

Classic Lovecraft stuff, I saw that one to and it was pretty creepy

Another Carpenter one that I thought was okay was Prince of Darkness its the second movie in his "Apocalypse Trilogy",

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

Oh I didnt think the one in black and white was like that

It isn't. He's talking about the Carpenter remake and it's prequel.

Edited by Oniomancer
  • Like 1

It isn't. He's talking about the Carpenter remake and it's prequel.

Yeah because in the black and white one I thought the creature was more akin to plants or atleast thats what they were trying to get across with the monster.

Indeed, I was referring to the prequel/Carpenter remake to fully clarify.

The scene where one man gets his arms torn off when this hands are inside the torso of a 'dead' friend comes to mind. Then they set the Thing on fire and the head tears away from the body and grows spider legs, waddles off. And the scene in the dog pen. Ugh.

I actually haven't seen the prequel, but the few clips online I've seen seem pretty gross. Haha.

• Like 1

Indeed, I was referring to the prequel/Carpenter remake to fully clarify.

The scene where one man gets his arms torn off when this hands are inside the torso of a 'dead' friend comes to mind. Then they set the Thing on fire and the head tears away from the body and grows spider legs, waddles off. And the scene in the dog pen. Ugh.

I actually haven't seen the prequel, but the few clips online I've seen seem pretty gross. Haha.

Lol that's the part with Palmer's classic line; 'You gotta be ****ing kidding'

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the remake of Let The Right One In, Its called Let Me In, Iv watched that movie about 30 times.

• Like 2

The Most Creepy Movie I seen is Insidious it's totally Scary ...I still remember that i can't sleep that night after i watch that movie...Yayyy....

My scariest movie, besides The Exorcist, was The Beyond.

At least it was when I saw it as a kid (15-16). It got some nice reviews still though >> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082307/reviews

I haven't seen it since, so my view of it now might be different, but back then I had my girlfriend crawling up my lap and whimpering in terror while watching it.

Zombie 2 Is also good by Lucio Fulci

The house on haunted hill remake.. i think it was late 90's early 00's. anywho, the way those ghosts moved just creeps me out....

• Like 1

I gotta buy The Thing ( 2011 ) It seemed from the previews like it was right up my alley

I gotta buy The Thing ( 2011 ) It seemed from the previews like it was right up my alley

You won't feel like your going to be short-changed.

Despite the eye candy there's a pretty authentic looking bunch of bearded Norwegian types.

They wouldn't look out of place as Vikings or a Scandivanian Santa Claus.

I'm not going to do any spoilers but watch out when the helicopter sets off.

The images in this scene will be forever in your nightmares.

However it wasn't well received at the box office but people don't know what they want.

Edited by Medium Brown