Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the scariest movie?

xBlackDahliax

Blair witch was so dumb. I couldn't at all see how people were scared of this .. and I get scared easily.

Have you ever been camping?

I got scared off of the ring and freddy scared the crap out of me. Candyman scared me, pet semetary scared me... Hell raiser was just plain nasty... I dont watch scary movies anymore but I did see Sinister last year, that was pretty spooky.

These are just "chop chop blood blood" movies to me. Any movie with a daemon that arrives with murderous intent is already a parody of the genre.

My uncle said Insidious was pretty horrifiying, I took his word for it and never saw it

I thought that film was a 6/10, there was one great scene that I didn't notice where the mother is putting laundry out or something and goes through a room with something lurking in the corner... I gave it two points for not regurgitating the same plot as almost every other modern horror film.

I don't know, but the 'Human Centipede 1&11' definitely win for the most sickening movie, Oscar award.

I remember a friend telling me about that and checked parts of it out, kind of made The Fly seem mild :cry:

I don't know, but the 'Human Centipede 1&11' definitely win for the most sickening movie, Oscar award.

That movie was just gross...

Blair witch was so dumb. I couldn't at all see how people were scared of this .. and I get scared easily.

I got scared off of the ring and freddy scared the crap out of me. Candyman scared me, pet semetary scared me... Hell raiser was just plain nasty... I dont watch scary movies anymore but I did see Sinister last year, that was pretty spooky.

You too? I never understood what it was about Blair Witch that made it such a hit - it was a total miss for me, completely bored witless by the end of it.

Nightmare on Elm Street gave me nightmares for months - way back when, have watched it since and found it rather lame.

Event Horizon is still the scariest movie, don't know why but I can't watch the last half hour again not EVER.

• Like 2

You too? I never understood what it was about Blair Witch that made it such a hit - it was a total miss for me, completely bored witless by the end of it.

Nightmare on Elm Street gave me nightmares for months - way back when, have watched it since and found it rather lame.

Event Horizon is still the scariest movie, don't know why but I can't watch the last half hour again not EVER.

Bored.. exactly. I tried really hard but I had to leave the theater. Yeah I could not understand how people liked that movie or were scared of it at all, but to each there own I guess..

• Like 1

Oh, polterguist gave me nightmares...why did my daycare show that movie to us when i was 6 or 7 years old?. I couldn't wash my face with my eyes closed at the same time for years after that. I thought if I opened my eyes back up I would look in the mirror and my skin would be gone. And I couldn't wash my hair with my eyes closed because of that song "somebody's watching me" by rockwell.. lol.. oh and the bloody mary legend scared the crap out of me, I spazzed out off of that sh.. thank god im not scared like that any more.. and I dont watch scary movies anymore...

The way in which Blair Witch is unnerving is not seeing anything but having effective suggestions and triggers like the tent shaking and the constant noises at nightfall and the bizarre shapes hanging in the trees, all built up from the opening (which drags on but creeps in the subconscious as the movie progresses).

Edited by DancingCorpse

old boy.

not for the blood and gore, but for the subject matter. when you realise why oh dae su had been locked up for 15yrs, it's truly horrific. best ending of any movie ever.

sympathy for lady vengeance.

where the families of the dead children are forced to watch the videos of their kids being murdered, THAT'S horrifying!

scary ISN'T just heads being lopped off.....

Insidious... Really??!. That was a horrible movie. I don't watch horror movies anymore because I have learned much about what it does to you on a subconscious level. But I watched that one just to dispell the myths around the subject material. It t was poorly made, bad acting, low quality special effects.... It wasn't worth the effort.

The movies that scared me are THE ring, Prince of darknes, and cars 2 because I thought I would end up watching it like 10,00

I'm always looking for a really scary movie to watch. I find that about 80-90% of all horror movies are not scary. However, it makes a difference how scared you are if you are really absorbed in the movie - I mean, if you're really paying attention, it is more likely that you'll have a fright when something scary happens.

In my experience, the only movies which really scared me where

- Insidious

- Paranormal Activity 1 and 2

I'd have to also mention IT, which scared me to bits as a kid. I doubt it would scare me now if I watched it for the first time, but as a kid, Pennywise the dancing clown scared me for YEARS. The Shining scared me too as a kid (what the hell was I doing watching it as a kid anyway?).

I think people who weren't frightened of it have never been camping or done overnight hiking before every person had a cell phone. You are completely helpless when you're asleep hundreds or thousands of feet from the nearest person. Getting lost in the wilderness is frightening. Being pursued by unknown people with unknown intentions for days in the wilderness while lost might be the most terrifying combination of realistic events I can imagine. This movie really captured that as well as them turning on each other.

I'm not interested in most movies where supernatural spirits arrive and kill off attractive teenagers because that has never happened and will never happen.

Blair Witch is killer, there's so much suggestion that you can fill in with countless disturbing scenarios/causes, I would have liked a little more variation in the events and scenery but I suppose it is realistic and a tiny budget. The tent scene, the guy moaning somewhere in the distance amidst the impassive, seemingly impenetrable wall of trees and then the ending with the darn handprints always gets me!

i prefer films that get ur mind thinking and imagining...to be honest this is why i prefer to read..i have a good imagination and it goes haywire x

That is why I love The Shining, you have a gorgeously shot film crammed with bizarre conundrums and a very loose plot and the novel just drips deep dark misery and fantasy through the pages. Both born from the same concept yet colossally different, Kubrick completely subverted King's story to suit his own agendas. Therefore you have a great book if you don't like the film! So many spooky elements were left from the film, the creeping hedge animals would have been an effective addition.

It seems to me the most bizarre things get to me, Like when I saw The Happening, I was pretty damn freaked out when there in the cabin and that old woman starts to bang her head against the window. I dont know why that scene got to me but I remember thinking about that scene later that night when I was in bed. Also the scene where there at the school and the kids are having a concert, and they stop playing all of a suddenly and then start to kill themselves, by shoving the flutes down there own throats....Ugh

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have a friend and she is so funny! ;) every time I see her it's like "omg! Have you seen the human centipede?!" I'm like "no" she's like "good it's so scary" so me, her and my other friend then go and watch the trailer with her facing away from the screen. She is scared so easily.

I really wanted to go and see 'mama' it look well good on the trailer but for anyone who watched it is it worth watching? I'm not really a horror person but mama looked ok. :D

Well I have a friend and she is so funny! ;) every time I see her it's like "omg! Have you seen the human centipede?!" I'm like "no" she's like "good it's so scary" so me, her and my other friend then go and watch the trailer with her facing away from the screen. She is scared so easily.

I really wanted to go and see 'mama' it look well good on the trailer but for anyone who watched it is it worth watching? I'm not really a horror person but mama looked ok. :D

I didn't get a chance to see it, and I'm all for Del Toros films,

I watched the lords of salem the other day...turned it off halfway through. I know rob zombie films have an aqired taste but this was just utter garbage. oh and (SPOiLER ALERT) casting his wife as the main star was a bold move i think.. A bit egotistical.

I watched the lords of salem the other day...turned it off halfway through. I know rob zombie films have an aqired taste but this was just utter garbage. oh and (SPOiLER ALERT) casting his wife as the main star was a bold move i think.. A bit egotistical.

He casts his wife in MOST of his movies If not all

That is why I love The Shining, you have a gorgeously shot film crammed with bizarre conundrums and a very loose plot and the novel just drips deep dark misery and fantasy through the pages. Both born from the same concept yet colossally different, Kubrick completely subverted King's story to suit his own agendas. Therefore you have a great book if you don't like the film! So many spooky elements were left from the film, the creeping hedge animals would have been an effective addition.

The main complaint people have about the Shining is that Jack Nicholson already looks like he's ready to kill somebody with an ax even during the job interview. Who would hire that freak?

If I remember the book, Jack is a guy who had problems in the past but in the beginning of the book he seems like a nice sympathetic guy who's trying to better his life and family. The spirits that inhabit the hotel subvert him into becoming evil but it's slow and subtle transformation that brings back his problems with alcohol and anger. He's fascinated by the hotel and its history which makes him more coercible by the spirits. The movie's Jack doesn't care about the hotel and immediately starts wandering around in a grouchy mood for no reason before he goes nuts.

• Like 1

I dont like anything that involves demons (except Hellboy).

So I have seen The Exorcist like 3 or 4 times, but I have had dreams with demons in it, so I am very careful of the types of movies I end up watching :unsure2:

I watched "Mama" on a flight to Europe last month and was very disappointed. I didn't like it at all. I'm a huge horror movie fan, but there was nothing that was interesting about this flick, unfortunately. I had high hopes, too.

[media=]

[/media]

NUFF SAID

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x
  • Like 3