Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's oldest living person at 114 years

Still Waters

Besse Cooper, a great-great-grandmother from Georgia, USA has been officially recognised as the world's oldest living person at 114 years and six months.

Since her birth in 1896 Mrs Cooper has seen 21 different presidents from Grover Cleveland to Barack Obama, and lived through two world wars and the great depression.

The hendecagenarian was officially recognised by Guinness World Records as the oldest person on earth at a ceremony at her nursing home on Thursday.

Mrs Cooper was bestowed with the title after the death of Eunice G Sanborn of Jacksonville, Texas last month

As one of eight siblings she led an active childhood, climbing trees and splashing through rivers in Sullivan County, Tennessee with her older brothers and it was that, along with good genes, that her son Sid believes is the secret of her longevity.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jesspy

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• jbondo

• Donnie  Darko

'Since her birth in 1896 Mrs Cooper has seen 21 different presidents from Grover Cleveland to Barack Obama, and lived through two world wars and the great depression.'

and the only wrinkle she has is the one she's sat on

I like stories like this. However I bet she wishes she was not here anymore. I don't mean that in a bad way. Its just that someone that has seen so much probably thinks this world has gone to hell.....and she would be correct.

I like stories like this. However I bet she wishes she was not here anymore. I don't mean that in a bad way. Its just that someone that has seen so much probably thinks this world has gone to hell.....and she would be correct.

I feel like that and I'm only 47... lol.

My great aunt Mary will be 110 this year not far behind

She looks like she is dead in that picture or asleep I guess. Its nice but I would never try to beat that record.

Dear lord! Way too old in my book. I don't want to be around here that long. Once I need help to continue to live, I want to just go.

She must have known Wyatt Earp and Al Capone :w00t:

Edited by 27vet

Would be fun and facinating to have a conversation with her about the past.

Definitely. It must have been a wild ride to live that long.

How many of these oldest living person articles are we going to see? There were several last year and now I see it's starting again.

How many of these oldest living person articles are we going to see? There were several last year and now I see it's starting again.

Are you seriously complaining over this?! :o

I would love to listen to what she has to say, her prespective on how America and the world has changed throughout the past century. Wow. I'm amazed really. :D

Edited by Ozzy Valentine

Man she could break the record in just 10 more years

maybe they are all half vampires?

or its the preservatives in our food lol