Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chihuahua triplets adapt to life without

Still Waters

They may be the cutest things on six legs.

And these 10-week-old Chihuahua triplets are ready for a good home.

Foster careworkers are currently working with the Methuen, Massachusetts MSPCA who are looking after the puppies that were born without front legs.

Kensi, Hetty and G were not only born disabled, but soon after their birth their owner died, leaving them homeless.

Staff have confirmed that the puppies are adapting to life without front legs and are potential candidates for wheeled carts.

MSPCA spokesman Brian Adams said: 'This is a condition that we rarely see. Even more rare is to see it occur in so many puppies from the same litter.

'These animals have amazed us with how much they can accomplish on their own.

'They don’t know they’re missing those front legs, so they have adapted and overcome the hurdles in front of them.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• Princess Serenity

• Still Waters

• Bendy Demon

I saw the three puppies on LOLDogs. Omg. I wanted to take the black one home. They're so cute!! [Hugs the black one]

They are cute. Like someone commented on the site, they look like mini, T-Rex dinosaurs....with fur.

I am saddened to read some of the comments though, some felt the puppies should have been destroyed because of their handicap, some even expressed disappointment that resources were being used to help these puppies.

Granted they will have issues to deal with and their lives won't be exactly like other dogs but so far they seem to be healthy and they are adapting as best they can and if there are people willing to take them in knowing of their special needs then why should it be an issue. I do agree that they should be neutered so the gene isn't passed along but...darn..they are just so cute.

I hope when those same jack--- break a leg or arm or something equally minor that someone suggests euthanizing THEM. :angry:

They look like little kangaroos. They seem to adapt well too.

They look like little kangaroos. They seem to adapt well too.

hmmm, years of adaptation compared to a munted dog...

yes, it does make sense

hmmm, years of adaptation compared to a munted dog...

yes, it does make sense

In terms of their disability, it does. Or maybe the word "adjustment" is better suited for you because a birth defect is not, by strict definition of adaption, a darwinian evolution trait.

I think these dogs are absolutely adorable. If placed in proper homes, they should do well.