Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird things happen around me?

PageSage

I don't know where to begin, I always thought I was crazy or that I would have liked to believe I'm something that I'm wasn't, but last night someone actually said something to me about it for the first time. Ever since I was younger weird things have happened around me ( mostly having to do with electronics ). When I was younger where I used to live lights would go on or off at random, the hair dryer in the bathroom turned on one time when noone was in there, doors opening and closing, etc. Not often, just every once in a while, my mom thought the house was haunted. Things like that have been happening on and off with varying frequency my whole life. Last night I was partying at a friends house, myself and about 6-7 others ( mostly girls ^_^), well we're smoking out of a hookah and the bowl flies off the top of it and into a cup, now there were 6-7 people sitting around the hookah at a table and noone even noticed it happen, we actually couldnt find the bowl for a good 5 minutes or so, because it was hiding in a cup. At this point, I in no way shape or form thought that I could have caused this to happen until it happened 2 more times... Shortly after that this loud high pitched noise appears out of nowhere, I barely even noticed it as zoned as I was, apparently the microwave went off for no apparent reason. This was at my aunts house and she bugged out after the microwave deal saying she's been there for 5 months and **** like that has never happened, it made her so uneasy she wanted to bring me home using the words "Kid I don't know what you got with you but you gotta go". Now as for the whole bowl flying off the hookah and into the cup, I still think it's simply coincidence. But as for the microwave, things like that have been happening around me fairly frequently. Like my TV or Monitor will short out for a sec or the sound will get distorted, I'll drive under a street light and it'll turn off, and when these things happen in close enough proximity to me it's like I can feel it, literally in my brain. These things usually only happen when I'm really zoned ( or in a certain state of mind ), or if I've been smoking weed ( which tends to put me in that state of mind ). Knowing that there are electrical currents in our bodies and that our brains do let off "brain waves" is it really that out there to think that maybe these electrical currents or even that the "brain waves" could maybe effect things outside of the body? I'd like to hear any thoughts or theories you guys may have.

• Like 1

Ever since I was abut ten I would walk into the airport, post office, local walmart, ETC and set off alarms. I could walk by streetlamps and they would flicker off and turn back on once I was past. The fire alarm in my bedroom would go off at odd hours. This mostly happened when I was stressed out, and it has stopped happeneing almost entirely by now, when I'm really really stressed it seems to start again. My dad used to joke that I had an alien implant which messed with technology. LOL! But, I truthfully believe that some (if not all) people have powers that they haven't harnessed and aren't aware of.

• Like 1

I dont mean to sound like an A-hole skeptic but a side effect of smoking weed is paranoia, I once was convinced everyone in the street was trying to pickpocket me. The paranoia often gives the user the feeling that things are happening specifically to them rather than others i.e everyones looking at you or people are talking about you.

The rational explanation for your experience would be when you were younger you lived in a house with dodgy electronics. As you grew up you experienced paranoia.

The explanation I feel you probably want to hear is that you have some unexplained power which allows you to control electronics with your mind.

• Like 1

I dont mean to sound like an A-hole skeptic but a side effect of smoking weed is paranoia, I once was convinced everyone in the street was trying to pickpocket me. The paranoia often gives the user the feeling that things are happening specifically to them rather than others i.e everyones looking at you or people are talking about you.

The rational explanation for your experience would be when you were younger you lived in a house with dodgy electronics. As you grew up you experienced paranoia.

The explanation I feel you probably want to hear is that you have some unexplained power which allows you to control electronics with your mind.

I get what you're saying, but I didn't really think anything of it until last night when other people started noticing it to... Someone else brought this up to me, that weird **** happens when I'm around, I always thought I was just crazy or it was some kind of coincidence. But it's almost as if I can physically feel it when these things happen, and I don't think the idea of the human brain being able to influence things outside the body to be all that far fetched. I'm not claiming to be telekenetik or anything like that, just that maybe I'm the cause of an occasional hardware malfunction, maybe? Another odd coincidence I just thought of, was at a friends house once, went to turn on the light and when I did I shocked the light switch ( as in a static shock ) and the light blew out, thought that was pretty cool but the fact that I shocked the light switch and the light blowing out are more than likely unrelated? The way it happened at the time makes me think otherwise.

p.s. The light bulb was like a day old.

Edited by PageSage
  • Like 1

I don't know where to begin, I always thought I was crazy or that I would have liked to believe I'm something that I'm wasn't, but last night someone actually said something to me about it for the first time. Ever since I was younger weird things have happened around me ( mostly having to do with electronics ). When I was younger where I used to live lights would go on or off at random, the hair dryer in the bathroom turned on one time when noone was in there, doors opening and closing, etc. Not often, just every once in a while, my mom thought the house was haunted. Things like that have been happening on and off with varying frequency my whole life. Last night I was partying at a friends house, myself and about 6-7 others ( mostly girls ^_^), well we're smoking out of a hookah and the bowl flies off the top of it and into a cup, now there were 6-7 people sitting around the hookah at a table and noone even noticed it happen, we actually couldnt find the bowl for a good 5 minutes or so, because it was hiding in a cup. At this point, I in no way shape or form thought that I could have caused this to happen until it happened 2 more times... Shortly after that this loud high pitched noise appears out of nowhere, I barely even noticed it as zoned as I was, apparently the microwave went off for no apparent reason. This was at my aunts house and she bugged out after the microwave deal saying she's been there for 5 months and **** like that has never happened, it made her so uneasy she wanted to bring me home using the words "Kid I don't know what you got with you but you gotta go". Now as for the whole bowl flying off the hookah and into the cup, I still think it's simply coincidence. But as for the microwave, things like that have been happening around me fairly frequently. Like my TV or Monitor will short out for a sec or the sound will get distorted, I'll drive under a street light and it'll turn off, and when these things happen in close enough proximity to me it's like I can feel it, literally in my brain. These things usually only happen when I'm really zoned ( or in a certain state of mind ), or if I've been smoking weed ( which tends to put me in that state of mind ). Knowing that there are electrical currents in our bodies and that our brains do let off "brain waves" is it really that out there to think that maybe these electrical currents or even that the "brain waves" could maybe effect things outside of the body? I'd like to hear any thoughts or theories you guys may have.

I got proof of all my mishaps if you want to see some i have a web site with all my doors opening lights turning off and on. Cool stuff.

• Like 1

Yea I'd like to see that... I'm very interested in paranormal phenomenon

• 2 weeks later...

your not the only one that i guess weird thing happen to but i guess you could say i have these powers i have learned to control them but they are very hard to understand i dont know how i do them though i just do.

I'd be wary of driving a car or something if it was me.

I get what you're saying, but I didn't really think anything of it until last night when other people started noticing it to... Someone else brought this up to me, that weird **** happens when I'm around, I always thought I was just crazy or it was some kind of coincidence. But it's almost as if I can physically feel it when these things happen, and I don't think the idea of the human brain being able to influence things outside the body to be all that far fetched. I'm not claiming to be telekenetik or anything like that, just that maybe I'm the cause of an occasional hardware malfunction, maybe? Another odd coincidence I just thought of, was at a friends house once, went to turn on the light and when I did I shocked the light switch ( as in a static shock ) and the light blew out, thought that was pretty cool but the fact that I shocked the light switch and the light blowing out are more than likely unrelated? The way it happened at the time makes me think otherwise.

It often happens to me too...So you just can't storm off to another room in a fit of anger and switch on a light.. because there is a big chance the light bulb/bulbs will blow... then when finding a torch the batteries will run out in seconds... Certainly don't be tempted to opperate whitegoods.. as that can be quite expensive.. Usually that happens when you anticipate a scene and it comes to fruition.. it seems that you then store up extra energy...

Try rechanelling it to some healing modalities.. learn how to transmute these energies..

You also learn how to send healing... It works!!! That is why I believe telepathy can/does exist...you learn to tune in... I think once we learn how.. we can find ways to teach this... there are many classes in psychic development that can help here

If some scientist would dare to get off their high horses.. be open to these ideas.. they may find scientific explanations for this.. When you think that all is vibrational energy... that we are not solid matter.. that plants and animals can communicate via senses.. which is really being able to register chemical reactions.. changes in others.. other life forms...think in terms of quorum sensing... learning to master these latent sensing.. reading chemical reactions that accompany thoughts feelings... these skills that exist in various levels with all life forms...

We won't be too far off..

Just because it has been put in the too hard basket.. or been reinvented/ redefined and controlled under various religious.. spiritual.. priestish.. shamanistic groups.. that we were not allowed to be involved in or discouraged from exploring further using threats of demonhood.. darkness.. good and evil.. Saying we are not equipt to handle these on our own.. that we needed others skilled in these feilds to handle these things....which they may have some point.. as I believe some negativity too can be unleashed just calling on the positive in prayer like scenarios..

Intent is important here.. and symbolically anchoring this positive intent...in a way that you can trust....

Go with what feels comfortable...like something that feels like a warm hug..

It often happens to me too...So you just can't storm off to another room in a fit of anger and switch on a light.. because there is a big chance the light bulb/bulbs will blow... then when finding a torch the batteries will run out in seconds... Certainly don't be tempted to opperate whitegoods.. as that can be quite expensive.. Usually that happens when you anticipate a scene and it comes to fruition.. it seems that you then store up extra energy...

Try rechanelling it to some healing modalities.. learn how to transmute these energies..

You also learn how to send healing... It works!!! That is why I believe telepathy can/does exist...you learn to tune in... I think once we learn how.. we can find ways to teach this... there are many classes in psychic development that can help here

If some scientist would dare to get off their high horses.. be open to these ideas.. they may find scientific explanations for this.. When you think that all is vibrational energy... that we are not solid matter.. that plants and animals can communicate via senses.. which is really being able to register chemical reactions.. changes in others.. other life forms...think in terms of quorum sensing... learning to master these latent sensing.. reading chemical reactions that accompany thoughts feelings... these skills that exist in various levels with all life forms...

We won't be too far off..

Just because it has been put in the too hard basket.. or been reinvented/ redefined and controlled under various religious.. spiritual.. priestish.. shamanistic groups.. that we were not allowed to be involved in or discouraged from exploring further using threats of demonhood.. darkness.. good and evil.. Saying we are not equipt to handle these on our own.. that we needed others skilled in these feilds to handle these things....which they may have some point.. as I believe some negativity too can be unleashed just calling on the positive in prayer like scenarios..

Intent is important here.. and symbolically anchoring this positive intent...in a way that you can trust....

Go with what feels comfortable...like something that feels like a warm hug..

• Like 1

you can smoke tobacco from a hookah.....so weed has nothing to do with it...i smoked weed for 10 years,quit 1 year ago,never had any problems with it..it actually relieved my anxiety problems that ive had my whole life...if i abused it,definatley it could make my anxiety worse and cause paranoia.i think OP is tripping though...if you blow on a hookah instead of sucking the bowl will fly out..i believe this..its a chancey thing to happen but possible

• Like 1

if you blow on a hookah instead of sucking the bowl will fly out..i believe this..its a chancey thing to happen but possible

That's exactly what I was going to say. As for the microwave, mine does that when the cord is not plugged in all the way or falling out.

• Like 1

I"Kid I don't know what you got with you but you gotta go".

says it all really....having relatives who are very spiritual ,all of a sudden everybody see's ghosts and stuff...

my grandmother and my mother and my sister all had me fooled..then one by one my sister admitted she was lying,my mother admitted what she thought she saw could be explained other ways,but my nan still swears blind she see's them talks to them,feels them....its so obvious to me she's just "trying to be special" the only way she knows how.

will somebody tell me why most of the time its the bong heads who have indian pictures and dream catchers in their house that see all these things?

Edited by Non sequitur
  • Like 1

What you guys may have is called kinetic energy. I have it,I fry tv's computers,xboxes,playstations,and cars. Basicly if it's tecnology and I touch it when I'm stressed it crashes! This is so frustrating, which makes matters worse of course. I can't comtrol it, but I suppose others could.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 3/13/2011 at 2:00 PM, PageSage said:

No such thing as coincidence, I  like to think of it rather as synchronicity. Everything happens for a reason.  

I too, have been experiencing the same thing as you. It happens when I am zoned out or stressed. Lights around me will start to flicker, short out. Its bizarre. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2011 at 1:24 PM, Agent D. Scully said:

Ever since I was abut ten I would walk into the airport, post office, local walmart, ETC and set off alarms. I could walk by streetlamps and they would flicker off and turn back on once I was past. The fire alarm in my bedroom would go off at odd hours. This mostly happened when I was stressed out, and it has stopped happeneing almost entirely by now, when I'm really really stressed it seems to start again. My dad used to joke that I had an alien implant which messed with technology. LOL! But, I truthfully believe that some (if not all) people have powers that they haven't harnessed and aren't aware of.

Similar things happen to me.  Mostly streetlamps, but also cash registers, digital clocks and other electronic devices.  It happens when I'm stressed, or oddly, also when I'm relaxed but alert.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Well I've never experienced anomalies with electronic devices but there are two things that have happened to me in the last two years that I've noticed, honesty I wish more of these things happened to me to verify my theories, I don't know if anything strange happened through out my childhood since I can only remember about 6-7 things about my childhood other than that everything else is just blank for lack of a better description.

Anyway one of the two things thats happened to me occurred two or three years prior to this post, I'd had a fight with my older sibling which ended with me getting the **** kicked outta me, well afterwards I had gone to bed in an seething rage, and sometime during the night something compelledme to wake up and the moment I did my T.V that usually sits  on the far end of the room across from me which was a heavy box T.V from the 90's or some **** had fallen on my chest I did'nt know it was my T.V so I turned on the light to see it sitting there on my bed and nothing else no one else in my room and my door was still locked.

The second was far less interesting but still bothersome.

Roughly 1 1/2 months prior to this post.

I was eating dinner that night and I had my step brother who is my age bugging the **** outta me like a small child I got incredibly frustrated but snapped out of it when I felt a sharp pain in my mouth I pulled the fork out of my mouth and observed that it had bent downward and stabbed me in the tounge though this was not as interesting it still bothers me.

And in this I have made four conclusions.

I'm cursed, I have telekinetic abilities, it was all a coincidence and I'm losing my ****ing mind, or this must be the work of an enemy stand. (JK last one was just a JoJo reference)

• 11 months later...

I’ve been looking for answers for many years now and I really thought I was going crazy about this but I’ve seen there’s more people out there that have experienced this. Every since little I’ve experienced paranormal activities but around 16 I started to notice everywhere I went something had to happen when I was around , eventually I got used to it and even told my brother and mother about it but think I’m crazy and don’t believe, for example when I got my driver license picture taken , the driver license got stuck , I go to the  grocery store the machine I use for self pay brakes down on me, I’m waiting on a stop light there a crash in front of me weird stuff like that happen to me all the time, I use a computer guess what the computer stops working honestly it gets me irritated because I can’t go live my life without something always happening around me. 

2 hours ago, Cynthcazares said:

I’ve been looking for answers for many years now and I really thought I was going crazy about this but I’ve seen there’s more people out there that have experienced this. Every since little I’ve experienced paranormal activities but around 16 I started to notice everywhere I went something had to happen when I was around , eventually I got used to it and even told my brother and mother about it but think I’m crazy and don’t believe, for example when I got my driver license picture taken , the driver license got stuck , I go to the  grocery store the machine I use for self pay brakes down on me, I’m waiting on a stop light there a crash in front of me weird stuff like that happen to me all the time, I use a computer guess what the computer stops working honestly it gets me irritated because I can’t go live my life without something always happening around me. 

Its called confirmation bias.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13. 03. 2011. at 9:14 PM, PageSage said:

I always thought I was crazy

Then you are crazy:lol:

When I was younger where I used to live lights would go on or off at random, the hair dryer in the bathroom turned on one time when noone was in there, doors opening and closing, etc.

my mom thought the house was haunted. Things like that have been happening on and off with varying frequency my whole life

It's not surprising, kids have great imagination. My little neighbor from my neighborhood don't have friends to play with, so he fighting with invisible ninjas and run from them. When you are kid you are afraid of everything, even if someone say to you with scary voice nonsense like: there is in toilet scary potato with red eyes, sharp teeth who eat children.. You will still imagine it as real.

These things usually only happen when I'm really zoned ( or in a certain state of mind ), or if I've been smoking weed ( which tends to put me in that state of mind ).

When i smoked weed before i used to see flying objects, so things you wrote is nothing new its just a trip. You just paid more attention to that stuff that will happen anyway, and you saw in movies how someone with brain turns off light in the street. It's cool to have trips like that.

Don't worry,Chill..

Edited by Relam

• 1 year later...

hey, there's something up with me as well, everywhere I go the sky gets covered by clouds, I'm always in the shade, I got used to it and recently tried to stop it, I found out that if I concentrate well enough and picture them gliding away they actually do and it's seriously freaking me out, I don't know what to do about it and simply sound attention seeking, I found nothing about it on the internet.

2 minutes ago, Boubaker Naouar said:

hey, there's something up with me as well, everywhere I go the sky gets covered by clouds, I'm always in the shade, I got used to it and recently tried to stop it, I found out that if I concentrate well enough and picture them gliding away they actually do and it's seriously freaking me out, I don't know what to do about it and simply sound attention seeking, I found nothing about it on the internet.

Can you follow me on vacation this summer? I love the beach and the ocean but my pale skin doesn't enjoy direct sunlight. 

• Haha 1