Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Outside the box

UM-Bot

Tammy A. Branom: Recently, I was browsing my movie collection and an old 1963, black and white movie called “The Brain That Wouldn’t Die” drew my attention. To briefly summarize the movie, it’s rather like a Frankenstein’s monster tale. Bill, a (brilliant) surgeon is using new “techniques” to save lives. He also confiscates limbs from the hospital where he works for “research.” After he wrecks the car he and his fiancée are in, he manages to salvage only her head from the burning auto. Packing it to his secret “lab” in a cabin, he animates her head. Then he searches for a body for her. Of course, there’s a monster in a closet and an assistant who the surgeon has practiced on and the surgeon’s concerned father, but that’s not why I watched this film.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• cluey

• Trog

• zooage

Top Posters In This Topic

If one is nothing more than a mass of electrical signals in a lump of goo inside their head, then doesn't that make them who they are? Could these signals then not be construed to be ones soul, or at least the place where their soul resides? Ones soul is all that they are, all that they did in their lives,both good and bad, their loves, suffering, and memories. So freezing it would either be of no use at all because their soul has moved on after death, or it would freeze their soul for them to re-claim at some future time.

Why would anyone do this to their soul? I would think that everyone would hope they move on too something better when they die. How can they take their memories with them to the after life and still have the memories in the frozen mass of Goo? I don't want my head frozen!! And the worms ate into his brain...

During the French Revolution 1789-1799 when the aristocracy were all losing their heads , they carried out a bizarre experiment on the decapitated head , they held it up and yelled the persons name to see if there was any responses .

Each time the eyes in the severed head moved across to see who was calling their name , of course I have no proof that this happened , it's just what I've read from years ago , and considering that it happened 220 years ago , I would have no idea where to look for conformation .

I have no idea whether or not a dead frozen body could ever be brought back to life , but who knows what medical science will be available in the future ?

During the French Revolution 1789-1799 when the aristocracy were all losing their heads , they carried out a bizarre experiment on the decapitated head , they held it up and yelled the persons name to see if there was any responses .

Each time the eyes in the severed head moved across to see who was calling their name , of course I have no proof that this happened , it's just what I've read from years ago , and considering that it happened 220 years ago , I would have no idea where to look for conformation .

I have no idea whether or not a dead frozen body could ever be brought back to life , but who knows what medical science will be available in the future ?

it is true......well...yes! once decapitated.....a head/eyes can still funtion briefly and move .....don't ask me any crazy questions,lol.......i know this from research :w00t:

Edited by cluey