Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New lead in the Zodiac Killer Case ?

JonathanVonErich

I don't think they'll ever find out who it was

I agree.

Sadly whoever he was maybe dead now.

:(

Well there's always a possibility to solve a case, even if the case have been cold for many decades. I have read about cases who were cold for decades but then suddenly a new clue is found and then the case is re-opened and then solved, sadly it doesn't happen very often but it happen, and perhaps this will be the case with The Zodiac Killer.

Do I believe that one day the case will be solved ?? Honestly no, I think this case will remain a mystery, first of all because of the lack of real, solid evidences against the suspects in the case and also because of the mistakes made by the Investigators back then (I'm thinking about the murder of Paul Stine). I could be wrong and really hope I am, I really wish this case will be solved one day but I really believe that it won't be.

Edited by JonathanVonErich

• 2 weeks later...

Well there's always a possibility to solve a case, even if the case have been cold for many decades. I have read about cases who were cold for decades but then suddenly a new clue is found and then the case is re-opened and then solved, sadly it doesn't happen very often but it happen, and perhaps this will be the case with The Zodiac Killer.

Do I believe that one day the case will be solved ?? Honestly no, I think this case will remain a mystery, first of all because of the lack of real, solid evidences against the suspects in the case and also because of the mistakes made by the Investigators back then (I'm thinking about the murder of Paul Stine). I could be wrong and really hope I am, I really wish this case will be solved one day but I really believe that it won't be.

I am hoping that one day the case will be solved. As I have stated to police since 2003, the evidence they need to solve the case is just a DNA test away. If the police follow all the leads they are supplied, here is one that they should heed. Here is a photo of the man I believe was responsible for the Zodiac Killer's crimes. He is my uncle and the photo was taken in the 70's somewhere in his favourite place, the Pacific Northwest. Everything about his photo matches all the facts known about the case.

In order to eliminate him, a DNA comparison between the DNA found under the fingernails of Cheri Jo Bates and that of the killer's sibling (my mother) and one of his parents (both buried) will show whether to not this lead is false. On top of that is a Christmas card in which he wrote a personal message to his mother. That I shall supply the card to the police force most trusted to solve the case. I do not trust the SFPD to solve the case, so it will not be them.

I believe that a DNA comparison between the DNA from the crime scene (Cheri Jo Bates) and that of the killer's sibling and parent will show who the killer is, as well as the hand written note to his mother (in my possession). I shall be sending it to an appropriate police force soon.

The man IS dead. He died on May 1, 2007 in Idaho under the care of a lifelong friend, never having been charged for any of the numerous murders he committed, therefor he cannot be named, but at least cases can be solved.

I am very accustomed to the heat generated by these claims, so fire away. It has taken much to get police to listen. Perhaps the hand written note will draw their interest. It should.... IF police really want to solve the case. It could just be that police have no desire to solve the case, but if they do, this evidence should NOT be ignored.post-116758-0-18128700-1306776101_thumb.

Edited by TheNiece

I am hoping that one day the case will be solved. As I have stated to police since 2003, the evidence they need to solve the case is just a DNA test away. If the police follow all the leads they are supplied, here is one that they should heed. Here is a photo of the man I believe was responsible for the Zodiac Killer's crimes. He is my uncle and the photo was taken in the 70's somewhere in his favourite place, the Pacific Northwest. Everything about his photo matches all the facts known about the case.

In order to eliminate him, a DNA comparison between the DNA found under the fingernails of Cheri Jo Bates and that of the killer's sibling (my mother) and one of his parents (both buried) will show whether to not this lead is false. On top of that is a Christmas card in which he wrote a personal message to his mother. That I shall supply the card to the police force most trusted to solve the case. I do not trust the SFPD to solve the case, so it will not be them.

I believe that a DNA comparison between the DNA from the crime scene (Cheri Jo Bates) and that of the killer's sibling and parent will show who the killer is, as well as the hand written note to his mother (in my possession). I shall be sending it to an appropriate police force soon.

The man IS dead. He died on May 1, 2007 in Idaho under the care of a lifelong friend, never having been charged for any of the numerous murders he committed, therefor he cannot be named, but at least cases can be solved.

I am very accustomed to the heat generated by these claims, so fire away. It has taken much to get police to listen. Perhaps the hand written note will draw their interest. It should.... IF police really want to solve the case. It could just be that police have no desire to solve the case, but if they do, this evidence should NOT be ignored.post-116758-0-18128700-1306776101_thumb.

What makes you think it is him? You have to have some reason to have suspicions.

What makes you think it is him? You have to have some reason to have suspicions.

I first suspected my uncle when I lived with him in San Bruno in the summer of 1970. The reasons I suspected him are that he had a gun, which he called a Saturday Night Police Special, that had the site filed off. It was made of black metal and hand a red shield on the handle. The site was filed off so that he could tape a penlight flashlight on top to use as a site. I asked him how he could see the light? He said he did his best hunting at night and asked if I would like to join him, to which I answered, "No".

He had a dark brown, finely tailored hangman's hood with a mortarboard on top, hanging on the wall in the living room over his chair. It had gold symbols embroidered in the corners of the top of the mortarboard and the crosshair on the front. He said he got the hangman's hood when he joined an old order of the Mason's.

He often took long motorcycle trips in all directions, up & down the Cal coastline, to the mountains of eastern Cal, to Oregon, where he eventually moved. He was also seen at the pig farm by my youngest sister who frequented the farm in the 90's with her best friend Marnie Frey.

His mother, who raise me, also thought he was the Zodiac Killer, but we had no way to offer proof, at least I didn't. She had the handwritten card (among other hand writing of his) which for some reason she never sent to police. Probably because she did not want to sully the family name. She thought so because he had stolen the middle C string off her baby grand, twice in the late sixties. And because she knew his hand writing, history.

He used airplane glue on his fingertips when working on engines of cars (to "keep his fingernails clean"). He was an expert mechanic, constantly buying, fixing up and selling cars.

He and our cousin Eddy (an ex-cop in NO in the early 60's) who told Bubba ways to get way with murder, used to stay in frequent contact all their lives. Posted is a photo of our cousin.

There are many more reason to suspect my uncle, but I'll leave those facts for the police to look at. post-116758-0-27326500-1306781930_thumb.

post-116758-0-34471700-1306781910_thumb.

I first suspected my uncle when I lived with him in San Bruno in the summer of 1970. The reasons I suspected him are that he had a gun, which he called a Saturday Night Police Special, that had the site filed off. It was made of black metal and hand a red shield on the handle. The site was filed off so that he could tape a penlight flashlight on top to use as a site. I asked him how he could see the light? He said he did his best hunting at night and asked if I would like to join him, to which I answered, "No".

He had a dark brown, finely tailored hangman's hood with a mortarboard on top, hanging on the wall in the living room over his chair. It had gold symbols embroidered in the corners of the top of the mortarboard and the crosshair on the front. He said he got the hangman's hood when he joined an old order of the Mason's.

He often took long motorcycle trips in all directions, up & down the Cal coastline, to the mountains of eastern Cal, to Oregon, where he eventually moved. He was also seen at the pig farm by my youngest sister who frequented the farm in the 90's with her best friend Marnie Frey.

His mother, who raise me, also thought he was the Zodiac Killer, but we had no way to offer proof, at least I didn't. She had the handwritten card (among other hand writing of his) which for some reason she never sent to police. Probably because she did not want to sully the family name. She thought so because he had stolen the middle C string off her baby grand, twice in the late sixties. And because she knew his hand writing, history.

He used airplane glue on his fingertips when working on engines of cars (to "keep his fingernails clean"). He was an expert mechanic, constantly buying, fixing up and selling cars.

He and our cousin Eddy (an ex-cop in NO in the early 60's) who told Bubba ways to get way with murder, used to stay in frequent contact all their lives. Posted is a photo of our cousin.

There are many more reason to suspect my uncle, but I'll leave those facts for the police to look at. post-116758-0-27326500-1306781930_thumb.

Sorry, but that doesn't sound that convincing. IMO.

Interesting links between this man and Zodiac, The niece, However I think you have no solid evidence to back up your claims, only interesting but circumstantial evidences. It was the same thing with Arthur Leigh Allen, only interesting links but nothing solid.

And thanks for sharing the pictures but these pictures prove nothing.

Hopefully the police will find more answers or at least real, solid evidences against this man.

Anything is possible, after all the case have been cold for more than 40 years now, so I am open to every theory. And to be honest I have spent way too much time "investigating" this case, it's sad. :(

Sorry, but that doesn't sound that convincing. IMO.

Then you are not looking. I have the facts presented on my blog @: http://terriwilliams.blogspot.com

The facts ARE convincing. Wait till you see the handwriting. I shall post it soon.

One of the main reasons that he was never caught while alive is that no one would listen to anything but the wrong evidence. Present clear facts and people go into denial. I beg for you to tell me how the photo of my uncle and cousin doesn't fit facts.

Edited by TheNiece

Then you are not looking. I have the facts presented on my blog @: http://terriwilliams.blogspot.com

The facts ARE convincing. Wait till you see the handwriting. I shall post it soon.

One of the main reasons that he was never caught while alive is that no one would listen to anything but the wrong evidence. Present clear facts and people go into denial. I beg for you to tell me how the photo of my uncle and cousin doesn't fit facts.

There have been mulitple people fitting the zodiac. Good luck in your quest. :)

The facts are convincing, yes, but like I said you have no solid evidences against him, only interesting circumstancial evidences. I believe you are telling the truth and perhaps you have found the solution to this mystery but sadly you need to come with real, solid evidences against this man.

Arthur Leigh Allen was the number one suspect in the case for decades, a lot of interesting links and circumstancial evidences linked him to the case, in my opinion a lot more good evidences than what you have against your suspect, but DNA testing cleared Allen in 2002 and now most people (including me) believe that Allen was not the Zodiac.

You are aware that without solid evidences you won't be able to convince most people, right ?? Bring us real, solid evidences and then we'll believe you. Your suspect is dead, he can't defend himself now, so I have no choice but to say that your suspect is really interesting but that I am not convinced that he was indeed the Zodiac. But you did a great job and it's interesting. :)

Bring us real, solid evidences and then we'll believe you.

I fail to see how DNA is not real evidence. Do the Riverside police still have the DNA found under the fingernails of Cheri Jo Bates? Or did they destroy it? If they still have the DNA then I fail to see how a DNA comparison between my uncle's sibling's DNA (my mother), DNA of one of his buried parents (mother as he looked the most like her) and that of the suspect DNA found under Miss Bates nails, is not convincing evidence? The comparison should be done, if for no other reason than to disprove me.

I feel confident that if the DNA comparison of which I speak, is done, it will reveal the killer.

And what about the hand-written card to his mother? How is that not convincing evidence? Again I feel strongly that a hand-writing analysis will give strong evidence that my uncle WAS the killer of, at least Cheri Jo Bates. Hand writing analyses have disproved other suspects. Why would it not reveal the killer?

The hand writing can also be compared to notes received elsewhere to add more weight to my claim.

It has been my belief that police do not really want to solve the case. Perhaps that is true. I believe that evidence I have to present to police is not only convincing, but will solve the case. Someone had to have been the Zodiac Killer. DNA and hand writing is about the only way to solve it. Add to that the photo available for surviving witnesses to ID him as well and the mystery will be solved. Perhaps no one really wants to case solved; it's just too darn intriguing unsolved.

There are two description of the Zodiac, one (given by surviving witnesses and two officers) that fits my uncle and the poster which looks very much like Eddy, n'est pas? I suspect Eddy might have had a hand in it because he was so strongly opposed to having his picture taken and because I sat in on a few of his conversation with Uncle Bubba where he told my uncle how to get away with murder/ how the cops never solved the 120 cases of missing women in NO in the early 60's, when he was a NO police officer. I had to be sneaky to get the shots of him that I did.

Add to that the sound of my uncle's voice, which only those who have heard would know. It was distinctive in one regard and only those who heard it would know what that was. Plus, his voice was described as having a slight drawl; he was raised in Mississippi, but travel around the world in the Merchant Marines, among other government jobs he did. He admitted to me he threw a gay man overboard while at high sea. He said it happened all the time. There are many more facts about my uncle that ARE convincing, but they are far too numerous to fill in here. At least not all at once.

My sister, a drug addicted prostitute in the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver in the 80's & 90's (now deceased by murder) told me she saw our uncle at the pig farm partying it up with Willy and off duty types. It is my strong belief my uncle murdered in Canada as well. For those cases there is only DNA evidence. Again, the DNA from a sibling and a parent would be needed to identify the murderer whose DNA was left at a crime scene in 1995.

There is MUCH to tell. Too Much to ignore.

This is not evidence, but the cipher? AlGHollingsworth

Edited by TheNiece

Well I don't believe Zodiac killed Cheri Jo Bates, and after "investigating" the case of Cheri Jo I am 95% convinced that Zodiac wasn't involved in the murder.

So maybe your suspect is the murderer of Cheri Jo, but being the murderer of Cheri Jo doesn't mean that he is the Zodiac Killer, most investigators now think that Zodiac wasn't involved in the murder of miss Bates, so....

The card is interesting, yes, but you didn't even did an hand-writting analysis or a comparison of hand-writtings, how can you be so sure that you are right ??

And the description is also interesting, yes, but I think suspect Richard Gaikowski was the closest thing to the Zodiac sketch, and even with that I still think Gaikoswki was not the Zodiac, so....

But then again you have no evidence to back up your claims that he murdered Cheri jo. Without DNA how can you be so sure that he really killed miss Bates ?? Did you asked the Riverside police about the DNA ?? You should ask them. To my knowledge they still have the DNA, but I could be wrong, this case have been cold for more than 40 years and getting informations is not always easy. But ask the Riverside police, maybe you'll get a real evidence to back up your claims (Because now you only have a serie of interesting circumstancial evidences).

And about the Voice : The TV Show MysteryQuest interviewd Nancy Slover, the woman who spoke with Zodiac in 1969, and she said that Richard Gaikowski's voice was the same as Zodiac. Richard Gaikowski is another suspect who have facts linking him to the case. Now I don't believe miss Slover 100% but it doesn't matter, people can disguise their voice and somebody's voice is not good enough evidence anyway.

Did you asked the Riverside police about the DNA ?? You should ask them.

Yes I have tried to contact them, but they have never returned my call. I shall send them the DNA from my mother, now deceased and a copy of the card as well as permission to exhume one of my grandparents' (or both if needs be) for DNA. I will also be sending this info to other police departments that are involved in the case, provided they truly WANT to solve the case. This is ALL CONCLUSIVE evidence one way or another. The RCMP MWTF already has DNA from my mother which they obtained last year while my mother still lived. They too have suspect's DNA from a crime scene in 1995. Perhaps the DNA sample the RCMP obtained from the crime scene in BC could be also compared to that of the DNA found under Miss Bates nails for even more conclusive proof of the ID of the man.

Edited by TheNiece

Yes I have tried to contact them, but they have never returned my call. I shall send them the DNA from my mother, now deceased and a copy of the card as well as permission to exhume one of my grandparents' (or both if needs be) for DNA. I will also be sending this info to other police departments that are involved in the case, provided they truly WANT to solve the case. This is ALL CONCLUSIVE evidence one way or another. The RCMP MWTF already has DNA from my mother which they obtained last year while my mother still lived. They too have suspect's DNA from a crime scene in 1995. Perhaps the DNA sample the RCMP obtained from the crime scene in BC could be also compared to that of the DNA found under Miss Bates nails for even more conclusive proof of the ID of the man.

Well you should pressure them, even maybe contact the Vallejo PD or even the SFPD, then ask them to put you in contact with Riverside.

It seems like you believe 100% that your suspect is the Zodiac Killer or killer of Cheri Jo Bates, so you should really try everything you can to share your findings with the authorities. I am skeptical about your suspect being The Zodiac Killer, but I still think it's a very interesting suspect. Try everything you can to contact the authorities my friend.

Hell I live in Quebec City, Canada and I even had a few discussion via emails with Vallejo investigators years ago, so I'm sure you can do it.

If you really believe you are holding the answer to this mystery then go for it. Good luck. :)

Well you should pressure them, even maybe contact the Vallejo PD or even the SFPD

Vallejo Police are actually the only police force to give me a proper file number for a submitted report. Not sure if they contacted the MWTF about my mother's DNA. I do not have a scanner or the card would already be posted. Someone is scanning it for me and will send me a copy. Of course I will forwarded it to the file number given me by Vallejo. I suspect that the card will then allow them to ask for the DNA sample of my mother's from the RCMP.

Personally I do not trust the SFPD as I have already gone to them in 2003 when I spotted my uncle in Vancouver's Gastown and they pulled a swift one, didn't give me a file number, took my DNA but did not notify Riverside as I asked them to, closed the case temporarily two weeks after the DNA comparison the SFPD did between my DNA and glue on an envelope. I had only given them permission to compare my DNA with that from under the nails of Miss Bates. My uncle told me about DNA back in 1970 so I am pretty sure he never licked any envelopes. I do not trust Carroll at all. The Vallejo Police are the only police force I have found to be seriously attempting to solve the case. Contacting Riverside is a waste of time as they simple ignore at will.

It is not as easy as you might think to submit evidence, especially on this case. I have a feeling some cops have something to hide. I do believe what my sister told me about seeing our uncle at the pig farm in the presence of off duty types & the Picktons. I know when I lived with him in 1970, we visited with his friends quite often, some of them SFPD.

Two beat cops in SFPD in 2003 did think my evidence was worthwhile and actually drove me to HQ on Bryant, but they were just beat cops. One of them said he knew all about the case and asked to see my evidence. They were angry at me for smoking in the bus terminal, which I did because Walsh said he wasn't interested in seeing any info. I told them to go ahead and bust me as I was safer in jail than on the streets if police were not going to bust my uncle. The beat cops took a look at all of the evidence and drove me straight to HQ without charge for smoking in a non smoking zone. They were convinced. Not sure what is up with Carroll, but I do not trust the arrogant man.

Edited by TheNiece

These facts sound much like the movie Zodiac, however the strand goes the picture may have been croped if you inspect the mans right arm its in his pocket and does not look authentic to me IMO but lets just say for a moment that it is real photo. Whos to say the origanal sketch composite is accurate? I mean it was children who seen a man murdered from 70 yrds away. Fact #2 the two police men driving in the park did a sketch as well which looked just like arthur leigh allen and when majho came from cananda to meet detictives the appointed man in the photo line up matched leigh allens and he has seen zodiac in person up close and personal so with this case when new evidence is entered it must be scrutanized all the same.

Well I don't believe Zodiac killed Cheri Jo Bates, and after "investigating" the case of Cheri Jo I am 95% convinced that Zodiac wasn't involved in the murder.

The reason I suspect he killed Cheri Jo Bates is that, after that he would grab his victims wrists together and use them to drag victims to his car. In this way the victims could not scratch him the way Cheri Jo Bates did. Please can you tell me how Cheri Jo Bates died? I read that a knife was used, but was she also strangled? Were any of his victims strangled?

The day after I found the body with the long red hair buried on the side of Mount Davidson (August 1970), in the backyard of my friends on Juanita Way, he yanked me out of my friends house on Juanita Way by my wrists and threw me into his Toyota camper truck. He was angry with me for calling him a Mother ****er in front of friends.

On the way home that night he said he did not appreciate me calling him a "Mother ****er" in front of his friends, which I did because he slapped me across the living room in front of them and made me return to San Bruno with him against my will. He had been raping me daily and I wanted to get away from him.

On the way home that night he told me that he kept a public face for John Q Public and that because he had such a clean image in their eyes it allowed him to get away with "doing his thing" in private. He said if John Q Public knew what he did in his spare time that they would not approve and he did not like me calling him a Mother ****er in front of his friends because it might give them the idea he was guilty of incest, so I had better not make that mistake again. He said his average looks and clean image was the reason he could get away with "doing his thing privately" and helped him blend into a crowd so that he could hide easily in plain sight and get away.

He once tried to kill me at the place where he worked, San Francisco State University, Chief Engineer of the boiler room. We stopped by there one night on our way back from a long road trip, which he was fond of making. The man who was on in the boiler room that night, left when Bubba showed up. Uncle Bubba took me on a tour of the boiler room and then had me stand in one place while he walked over to a big boiler with a red switch on the side. He said if he flicked the switch the steam coming from the valve over my head was so hot it would cook me in second and immediately I ran while he flicked the switched. I do believe he could have killed me if he wanted, but he was just terrorizing me; it was his sense of humour. also I think he knew that if anything happened to me, his mother would blow his cover, as well as my own mother (his older sister) would have made life hell for him. But he terrorized me non-the-less.

Many times police have stated that I have made these claims against my uncle out of revenge. If I wanted revenge only, I would have given up on getting the police to listen. I would have liked it if police would have stopped him in 2003 (or sooner) when he was here in Vancouver with a friend from Oregon abducting women (by their wrists held together which I witnessed), but even so, now that he is dead, I am sure the families of his victims would like some closure. I know I still want to know who killed my sister, as no one was ever charged. It could have been Uncle Bubba, but I suspect it was more than likely David Pickton. She was banged up with windshield wiper fluid six weeks before the arrest of ONLY Willy Pickton. Holli knew who else had attended at the farm.

Uncle Bubba also spent time in a mental facility in California in 1959.

Much more to tell but I have to go eat.

The two known survivors that I know of, Mike Mageau and Bryan Hartnell are still alive today. I wonder if they could remember anything more now than they could after they were attacked... although they would likely want to forget about it.

It would be nice if a surviving witness could have a look at the photos of my uncle and cousin. I would like very much to communicate with them about the photos to see if they recognize either of them.

I wonder if Ms. Johns, who was nearly killed by a man who has been linked to the Zodiac killings, is still alive. I have always been slightly confused by the two totally different descriptions of the Zodiac Killer. Some witnesses describe him as having a large face weighing close to 200 lbs, barrel chested, no blubbery fat and then the poster created after Ms. Johns was kidnapped with her baby seems to be someone else entirely. That is why I suspect my uncle AND my cousin may have been involved. One description fits my uncle and the other, well look at the poster and then at Eddy's photo.

That plus the conversation they had about murder and how to get away with it, plus the experiences I had with Uncle Bubba. Eddy lived with my family in Mississippi in '67. He had quit or gotten fired from the NO police force and was our town's night Marshal. If anyone knows Ms. Johns, please have her take a look at the two photos, especially Eddy's.

If anyone knows Officer Foukes he too should have a look at the photo of my uncle to see if he recognizes him.

The two SFPD beat cops in 2003 sure seemed to think I was on to something. I have my suspicions about why police may not have wanted to solve the case, in fact may have been ordered to NOT solve the case. It doesn't have anything to do with money, but with facts that some need to have hidden. I do not want to go further with this thought here right now as it really is a whole new kettle of fish.

The reason I suspect he killed Cheri Jo Bates is that, after that he would grab his victims wrists together and use them to drag victims to his car. In this way the victims could not scratch him the way Cheri Jo Bates did. Please can you tell me how Cheri Jo Bates died? I read that a knife was used, but was she also strangled? Were any of his victims strangled?

That's it ?? So in other words you are suspecting this man to be the killer of Cheri Jo without even knowing how she died !? Wow.

Cheri Jo was beaten and stabbed multiple times with a short-bladed knife, she wasn't strangled. The Riverside Police Department is confident it knows who killed Cheri and its suspect is not Zodiac. If true, while Zodiac didn't kill Bates he most probably wrote the confession, desk-top poem and three letters, indicating he had ties to the Riverside area. So I don't think your suspect killed her.

How can you accuse somebody of murder when you don't even know how the victim died !?

The two known survivors that I know of, Mike Mageau and Bryan Hartnell are still alive today. I wonder if they could remember anything more now than they could after they were attacked... although they would likely want to forget about it.

They already said everything they know. First of all Bryan won't remember anything more since the man who attacked him was wearing a mask, he is not able to identify anybody as the man who attacked him and killed Cecelia, the guy can't give us more details than he already did. Mike Mageau clearly identified Arthur Leigh Allen as the man who attacked him and killed Darlene. Maybe he was wrong, but he remain 95% sure that Allen was indeed the killer and he won't give us more details since the incident happened more than 40 years ago and since he never really had a real good chance to look at the killer. So sadly they can't help the investigators now, and I think both of them have moved on and don't want to talk about it anymore.

It would be nice if a surviving witness could have a look at the photos of my uncle and cousin. I would like very much to communicate with them about the photos to see if they recognize either of them.

Do you know anything about the Zodiac case ??

* Mike Mageau clearly identified Arthur Leigh Allen as the man who attacked him and killed Darlene Ferrin in 1969, in his mind Arthur Leigh Allen and nobody else is the man who attacked him. Maybe Mageau is wrong, but he is 95% sure that Allen is the man who shot him. And now he won't even talk to the medias about the case, he don't want to talk about it anymore.

* When Bryan Hartnell was attacked by Zodiac the killer wore a mask, so you could show him all the pictures you want but he wouldn't be able to identify anybody since the killer was wearing a mask.

And about Kathleen Johns we don't even know if she was really a victim of Zodiac. First of all, while Johns claims her life was threatened, the police report tells a different story. In fact, of the three reports, none detail any statements by Johns about being threatened in any way. (According to Kathleen, the police officers must have relied on memory when preparing her reports, as they didn't document any of her story while she was present.) And even though Zodiac wrote a letter in apparent reference to the incident, he uncharacteristically failed to provide the details that would have clearly established his involvement. In my opinion Zodiac wasn't involved in this incident.

No disrespect to you, you seems to be honest, but I don't understand how you can accuse these people of being involved in the Zodiac case when you don't know important details about the killings. How can you be so sure when you have no DNA, no hand-writting comparisons, in other words NOTHING ??

Perhaps your uncle and cousin were involved in other murders, maybe, but you have nothing to prove they were involved in the Zodiac murders, absolutely nothing.

What was his name?

This blog is the proof that you have nothing solid against your suspect. You only have a long list of circumstantial evidences linking him to the case, just like it is the case for Arthur Leigh Allen and Richard Gaikowski.

You have nothing solid, no real evidences against him. You said that "you think" that he killed Cheri Jo but you know nothing about the killing, don't even know how she died, so how could you be so sure that he is the murderer ?? You don't even have evidences that he was at Riverside at the time of the murder, in fact you have no evidences to back up the fact that he was in the area at the time of all Zodiac murders.

You didn't even tested the DNA, didn't even had the hand-writting compared.

I know it would be cool to say "Hey I just solved this mystery", but you didn't, accept the truth. You couldn't even get a lawyer to represent you in court with such little evidences, I think that's maybe why The Authorities are having a hard time helping you.

Maybe he was involved in other murders, yes, but I,m sure you wouldn't be able to prove that either, all you do is speculating that he might have done other crimes.

You can't accuse people of murdering somebody without having evidences to back up your claims. If he was still alive he could sue you, you are aware of that right ??

Yes people, read her blog, you'll see that she have no evidences against this man.

I just wanted to add: I don't want to disrespect you Theniece, like I said in some of my previous posts I respect you and your opinion and think that your suspect is interesting.

I just don't agree with your claim that you have "real evidences" because you have none, but I hope you'll find more evidences and hope you'll get help from The investigators who are still working on the case. :)

After all this case is such a train wreck, hard to say who's right and who's wrong sometimes. :hmm:

I'm open to every theory, I just want real evidences, like any good investigators would.

I'm open to every theory, I just want real evidences, like any good investigators would.

Posted on my blog are samples of my uncle's hand-writing. I am no handwriting expert, but the i's are all dotted way to the right, the d's are looped, the slant is to the right, the a's are quite similar as is the B. Maybe you could have a look and tell me what you think. If you know of any hand-writing experts, please have them take a look.

Also it seems to me that he used his left hand (he was right-handed) to write the Zodiac notes, I guess to, once again, confuse. When I lived with him in San Bruno in the summer of 1970, he had me lick an envelope. It may have been the one he sent on July 24, 1970. I cannot remember to whom it was addressed, but it may have been the same letter.

He worked at San Francisco State University, Chief Engineer in the boiler room. Surely they would have his hand-writing on record somewhere. He was in the Merchant Marines, they must have his hand-writing on file somewhere. He had a California driver's license, they must have his hand-writing somewhere on file. His wife must have something of his hand-writing and possibly even his DNA. If investigators need proof, they should look for it.

It is my understanding that in order to identify a body of a murder victim conclusively, police compare DNA from a sibling and a parent. As I have stated, RCMP have my mother's DNA (his sibling) and their parents are both buried. It is my belief that my uncle killed Miss Bates. The suspect's DNA is under her fingernails. It is up to the Riverside Police to solve this, not me. It is for them to take the initiative as I HAVE contacted them and have had no reply. It does not appear they follow leads, so it is out of my hands.

I have notified Vallejo with this update. Vallejo does not have DNA from the suspect, only Riverside.

Edited by TheNiece