Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My "Werewolf" Sighting In Florida

K.Nasr.El.Din

Even if the OP lives in a populated area, you can't rule out an animal, even a big one.

I agree , those exist......I do think we can rule out a werewolf though....

If you live in the suburbs and never see wild animals in your neighborhood, you're very lucky. I live right in town and there's possums and raccoons in the garbage all the time. Rabbits and deer are common here and deer even go into stores and houses which is scary when they panic. We even see bears though they're usually in the outskirts. Even if the OP lives in a populated area, you can't rule out an animal, even a big one.

Ok so I live in a valley, about twenty minutes from the mountains (rocky mountains). So yes, I suppose there COULD be a bear in my neighborhood. But it is extremely unlikely. There are actually deer that live in some fields about two blocks behind me though so I can understand that perhaps they could be running around the neighborhood. But again, something that large (as the OP described) would not likely be adventuring around a neighborhood unnoticed.

• 4 months later...

Eh. Sorry I haven't gotten on in forever. And I was insulted about the bear thing cause I was talking to my friend that day and she said the same thing. And yes! Bears have fat asses and shorter legs! XDDD I'm not saying I saw a werewolf. That's why my title has werewolf in quotations. I don't remember a bad smell?.... It didn't make any noise. I felt safe on top of the fence because it just stopped. When I was standing in front of it, it took a step forward. The step was calm and didn't look threatening, but I got scared anyways. I was on the fence and felt safe. I went back outside because at least I had the light on and was close to the door in my front yard in the garage. Um... My friends were talking about something stupid probably. I wasn't listening obviously because I was a little preoccupied. I thought of using the phone as light, but sadly, it was a house phone with a dim orange light. Um... I have no idea what a Skunk Ape looks like. XD And my fence... Ahh.. Disappointment. I was a lot shorter then.. My fence is six foot. So it couldn't have been more than six feet. It was slightly slouched, so I really wouldn't say more than...6 foot....3-4.. Definitely no more than that. Um.. Alright so.. It was like standing there. I don't know much more to say. And I don't know why I'd lie about this either. 0.o

Oh yeah. I sat outside the next night. I think I brought turkey slices.

Did it come back?

Also, just wondering (however silly this question may sound) if it was Halloween?

nice story but i don't think what you saw was a werewolf like a man that changes into a wolf.

I think you saw a bear, a wolf that had its front paws on the fence, or you saw a humanoid wolf creature like the "Beast of Bray Road"

I'm not from the US, but do bears live in Florida? I thought they were a colder climate animal. :unsure2:

Yes, they do have black bears in FL, up and down the state tho mostly in the southern forested areas.

The more you know! :tu:

It was a few years ago. I never really came to any of these sites since then because, honestly, I think they're stupid just because of all the people who want to be cool. Anyways. To my point:

I was on the phone with two of my friends in my backyard and I went to my wooden fence to open the gate to go to my front yeard. (The fence is to tall to see over.) I was looking down as I walked through the gate and turned to close the latch, so I didn't see the "werewolf". I turned around and just froze. It was about seven feet tall or so, it was hunched over, very broad shoulders, had a more slim lower body, and definately had fur. It was dark, so I couldn't see any details. But it was pretty close to me. It looked like a reasonable version of a werewolf. It started walking towards me, so I freaked out and ran up the fence behind me and laid down on the top of it. My friends were still talking to each other and I was silent the whole time. I just stared down at it. It surprisingly didn't freak out after my own freak out, but just stood there and looked at me. So, like a dumbass, I ran inside and turned the frontyard light on. Now I realize how stupid that was. I ran back outside and it was gone. My guess is because I was an idiot and turned on a light without watching it. Anyways, it would be really cool if some people could share some stories or explain what it was. 'Cause I don't believe in werewolves. Just things that could inspire the legend.

** I was not at the time or ever was before that time intoxicated on any drug without medical purposes. Also, I had adequate sleep.

Hello K.Nasr.El.Din,

I've never been on a site like this either until yesterday. This is the first time i've read of a person seeing a werewolf. I know Native Americans have folklore regarding werewolves. This story doesn't sound outlandish. There could be a species of wolf that we are unaware of. I don't know if werewolfs exist. I just know of many people who ave experienced unknown phenomena of all sorts. My mother even told me of a being she seen two days ago that was green and had grids and tentacles. Who am I to say that the experience wasn't real, or real to her, because I'm not an eyewitness to it.

I have my own experience that was heckled at, but heckling doesn't change what you experienced anyway, and it definitely doesn't help to understand something either.

Yes, they do have black bears in FL, up and down the state tho mostly in the southern forested areas.

The more you know! :tu:

Thanks for that! Learn something new everyday :lol:

intoxicated on any drug without medical purposes

What does this mean? Just tell us straight out if you were taking medication or not.

By the way, how old are you? 14? 15?

If I were to guess I'd say you saw a big dog and the rest is sensationalism.

• 8 months later...

I do believe you, I am 99% sure that all humans didn't figure them out. If you see it again, try to take a fast screen shot!

• 9 months later...

Might I suggest you get a copy of "The Beast of Bray Road" book, plus the author has published two others about American werewolves. Most of the sightIngs are vey much like yours and with so many peole reporting these sightings, there must be something to it. I don't recall the author's name but you can look it up on the internet. I know Amazon has these books. DON'T DISPAIR, YOU IN FACT DID SEE AN ACTUAL UNKNOWN "SOMETHING."

• 5 months later...

Werewolves.... i have reason to believe this is a real event ..just maybe, because i know people who have seen them outright!

Edited by Truevision

Chuck Norris.

LOL.

Once I thought I saw a dog with wings, but it turned out he had a bushy long tail.

It could of been a really big dog, there are breed of dogs that are huge.

But, then again, it could of been a werewolf.

• 6 months later...

Now i read your story and i dont believe in mythical creatures but every myth has a truth behind it like what you thought you saw who nos. But the best way is to just wAit to see if anyone else has a similar encounter and compare.

Might I suggest you get a copy of "The Beast of Bray Road" book, plus the author has published two others about American werewolves. Most of the sightIngs are vey much like yours and with so many peole reporting these sightings, there must be something to it. I don't recall the author's name but you can look it up on the internet. I know Amazon has these books. DON'T DISPAIR, YOU IN FACT DID SEE AN ACTUAL UNKNOWN "SOMETHING."

advertising fail

A. The person who created this was two years ago.

B. The person who created this is hasn't been active.

C. The Books, I have read, It's not really anything new, You can get the same stories, facts and information from TV shows or read on the internet.

D. I like how you are a sudden expert about seeing unknown things since you fail to notice things like I had wrote in A. And B.

Yup, it's been a while since my last post, so I'm not dead yet guys, just busy. Anyway, I thought I would point out that it is possible for some breeds of canine to stand upright. Huskys are known to do so (check out the link) and since they are closely related to wolves I see no reason why wolves can not do so as well. Just because nobody has any pictures of them doing so, does not mean they can't. Just saying...

http://justcuteanima...p-door-pics.png

As to the story, I don't know. Not enough information, but if it happened as you say it did, I'm sure you got a good scare.

Edited by Kyle Rajasthan

• 1 year later...

I desperately need someone with information on werewolfs as silly as that should sound it doesn't to me after what I have seen! If anyone does please message me or something please I need to know immediately something is wrong with my boyfriend I am beyond scared and I feel hopeless in trying to save him

• 10 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2011 at 0:02 AM, K.Nasr.El.Din said:

It was a few years ago. I never really came to any of these sites since then because, honestly, I think they're stupid just because of all the people who want to be cool. Anyways. To my point:

I was on the phone with two of my friends in my backyard and I went to my wooden fence to open the gate to go to my front yeard. (The fence is to tall to see over.) I was looking down as I walked through the gate and turned to close the latch, so I didn't see the "werewolf". I turned around and just froze. It was about seven feet tall or so, it was hunched over, very broad shoulders, had a more slim lower body, and definately had fur. It was dark, so I couldn't see any details. But it was pretty close to me. It looked like a reasonable version of a werewolf. It started walking towards me, so I freaked out and ran up the fence behind me and laid down on the top of it. My friends were still talking to each other and I was silent the whole time. I just stared down at it. It surprisingly didn't freak out after my own freak out, but just stood there and looked at me. So, like a dumbass, I ran inside and turned the frontyard light on. Now I realize how stupid that was. I ran back outside and it was gone. My guess is because I was an idiot and turned on a light without watching it. Anyways, it would be really cool if some people could share some stories or explain what it was. 'Cause I don't believe in werewolves. Just things that could inspire the legend.

** I was not at the time or ever was before that time intoxicated on any drug without medical purposes. Also, I had adequate sleep.

I don't know if its real but I found that hundreds of people seen werewolves on bray road Wisconsin  and other states if you want to know more look on youtube and type in werewolf sightings California and click on the one that's 15 mins and 11 secs and the picture has a sign that says No Trespassing violators will be prosecuted no dumping watch all of it do not skip no  matter what I also found a possible spot on near bray road to see it for myself their woods near by that must be where it lives so I going to check it if I survive I will tell you if its true or not 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bloodlust2988 said:

I don't know if its real but I found that hundreds of people seen werewolves on bray road Wisconsin  and other states if you want to know more look on youtube and type in werewolf sightings California and click on the one that's 15 mins and 11 secs and the picture has a sign that says No Trespassing violators will be prosecuted no dumping watch all of it do not skip no  matter what I also found a possible spot on near bray road to see it for myself their woods near by that must be where it lives so I going to check it if I survive I will tell you if its true or not 

Watch out it doesn't bite you on the bum !

• Like 1

On 9/15/2016 at 0:07 AM, bloodlust2988 said:

Man yeah!! Get a tent, some kinda camera, some kinda protection. Let some people know what you're up too!! Not pranksters, but people that will support your cause!  Videotape everything, you get something you might even be offered a TV show!!

• Like 1