Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

POLL: Would disclosure cause panic or riots?

Howdy folks :)

The question is "Would disclosure cause panic or riots"?

So, Yes = Disclosure would cause panic and/or riots

.....No = Disclosure would NOT cause panic and/or riots

Please give a short reason(s) why you voted what you voted.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paxus

• arenee

• DONTEATUS

• booNyzarC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

damnit - it's happened again... I created a poll and it didn't work

NO....

If this is religious based...The Catholics all ready made their point on Aliens , and they are all good...I have been told by numerous people in Christianity " who is to say God did not make life elsewhere also ".....

People that do not " believe " - They would just say " Damn...I was wrong , cool deal "

People that believe - They would be " Damn , I new it " , and they would want more information.

I see no reason at all why anyone would panic , or especially riot ......Most people think it is possible anyway.

NO....

If this is religious based...The Catholics all ready made their point on Aliens , and they are all good...I have been told by numerous people in Christianity " who is to say God did not make life elsewhere also ".....

People that do not " believe " - They would just say " Damn...I was wrong , cool deal "

People that believe - They would be " Damn , I new it " , and they would want more information.

I see no reason at all why anyone would panic , or especially riot ......Most people think it is possible anyway.

*LMAO*

Thanks for typing my view exactly so I could cut and paste it ;)

I believe they did a poll (in the UK maybe and the results confirmed what we believe - people say they would be totally fine with news of ET visitation...

- Re my 'poll' not working - I will add up the results later :)

I'm going +1 for 60/40 odds for muted disorder.

Well it would probably be a very interesting time to be alive, let's put it that way. In all it depends on the nature of the "disclosure," that is, what actually get disclosed. I assume it will be very much like the proportions of an iceberg; we will know just enough, and the relevant body of information will still remain undisclosed. Either way, it will be a very interesting time to be alive as we now have to change our perspective, both personal and as a society. This will not happen easily, but in the face of the facts, something will have to give. A large part of what gives, will probably be the concept of human theology.

To be honest, I look forward to reading the new Theological texts if ever Disclosure comes as incumbent administrations broaden their storylines to encompass the "new" facts of living.

"Say NO to anal probes" would be a popular T-shirt, though. :w00t:

Howdy folks :)

The question is "Would disclosure cause panic or riots"?

So, Yes = Disclosure would cause panic and/or riots

.....No = Disclosure would NOT cause panic and/or riots

Please give a short reason(s) why you voted what you voted.

I think the public can handle the truth and as a result, there will be no panic, but there will be an increased mistrust of the government after the years of lies and deception, which will be clearly evident after full disclosure is made. I expect some riots, but mainly aimed toward the government for its deception toward the public over the decades in regards to the UFO enigma.

Interesting points Sylent Nyte.

So, in light of Sylent Nyte's points and to keep this simple (for the sake of polling) - I specify my question/poll thus:

Disclosure is brought about slowely (much like governments are currently releasing more and more info) by governments and eventually the cat is let out of the bag and then there is a landing with a formal greeting by ET.

NOTE: Please put YES, or NO at the top of your post (to make counting easier)

The group that " could riot " , I just can't see them doing that.....

trekkie.jpg

Yes, absolutely. All of us skeptics would run around wondering what to do with our free time and go completely bonkers. We would pillage and burn. There would be utter chaos.

Alright, no not really. I just felt like being different. I don't think there would be any panic unless the content of the disclosure was "ET is attacking! Run for your lives!"

NO

most folks will be too busy carrying on with whatever they do to get the mortgage and other bills paid to be that bothered.

Although if the aliens said they would overhaul our civilisation, so no one has to work to do this, then they will definately get my attention and vote!

Edited for typos (Pub lunch hic!)

Edited by glyndowers heir

No,

I think I've answered this unofficially in other posts. I don't doubt that some nutters might panic but at this point in time, it seems like most if not all are aware of possible alien life. As stated about, Catholics and Christians don't even fear that possibility any more. Also, I would want to know and want to talk to them and I would buy the T-shirt.

No panic but probably a rise in gun sales!!

I think it's foolish to think we are the only semi intelligent life in the vastness of the universe. I would not be so vain to say that we are intelligent either. As long as we have war, famine and pollute the earth, we as a species can't be considered intelligent. Plus, I still have to use spell check.....

Hatch.

I don't think disclosure would start panics, (a publicized landing on the White House lawn might, though.)

Of course, assuming they exist, and we are in secret contact with them, TPTB seem convinced of the contrary. Why else, (it it's true) would they continue to sit on the Truth if it can be shown we can handle it?

I've also heard an opinion suggesting the Visitors themselves are instructing TPTB to keep a lid on it. Could "they", despite our stating we could handle it, have gone that route with other worlds to disastrous results?

On the religious aspect, religious people may be able to integrate alien life to their faith without problems but, and this is what I believe to be the heart of the matter, could Atheists and Religious sects continue to co-exist on a mostly peaceful playing field after Disclosure?

I am afraid, and perhaps TPTB are as well, that it all could lead to greater violence on the planet. Surely people who believe in Evolution would use proof of Alien life as a mighty club against any/all Creationist views?

Looking at it from the angle of Religion, I was just reading somewhere else an article from a Senior member of the Pagan Community who was arguing that it would discredit all the monotheistic religions and so they'd do all they could to prevent it being disclosed. What he said was

The existence of alien life and the consequences it might have on religion

Recently, I've been pondering what sort of consequences the existence of intelligent alien life might have for our understanding of religion here on Earth. Personally, I believe that, in the infinite vastness of the cosmos, it's probably pretty likely that intelligent life forms have developed on planets other than Earth. Likewise, I think the incredible vastness of space means that our chances of ever encountering any of these life forms are exceedingly slim. What if we do encounter these creatures somehow though? Will that force us to fundamentally re-evaluate our understanding of religion? After all, most religions on Earth are very Earth-centric and, as such, the existence of beings not of this planet do not generally fit neatly into most religious traditions.

I think that the strictly monotheistic faiths like Judaism, Christianity, and Islam will be thoroughly harmed by the discovery of intelligent life on other planets. After all, these religions teach that, though God is an all-pervasive cosmic force that exists every where in the universe, Earth and human beings are distinctly special. For instance, Christian theology tells us that Jesus had a special mission to die for the sins of human beings here on Earth. It's very hard to imagine how one might reconcile the existence of other beings on far away planets that don't neatly fit into "God's plan" for this world as it's envisioned by Jews, Christians, or Muslims. Not only does the theology of these religions fail to take into account the possibility of special beings like us existing in places other than Earth, but almost all of their history and teachings would have to be completely reworked in order to reconcile them to this new development.

(From here.)

I'm not really sure why all that should have to follow. I mean, he says "Christian theology tells us that Jesus had a special mission to die for the sins of human beings here on Earth"; operative words, surely, on Earth. And (as I think has been mentioned before somewhere), if a similar kind of hands-on intervention was required on another planet, then God would use the species appropriate to that planet, surely. (leaving theological questions and everything out of it for now.) Human beings may be disinctly special; but on Earth, surely. And as has been argued before, a God whose sphere of influence was restricted to jsut one small planet wouldn't be very omnipotent, would he/she/it/they [as appropriate]?

I would all depend on what was disclosed, wouldn't it?

What if some of the aliens really are doing experiments on humans, collecting DNA, body parts and all that?

What if some of them have shot down planes or been shot down--or shot at--by us? I think some of that has been going on, too, more than we know about.

Of course, some of them may just be "space brothers" who look like us and just want to be nice and helpful, while others don't care one way or the other but are just here looking around. Frankly, the last kind would bother me least of all--the ones who don't care.

Depends, assuming the governments have been keeping this a secret and using ruthless methods to do so. Would the governments also come clean about their actions? That itself may cause far more rioting than any admittance of ET contact.

Its a yes and No From mild reactions to extreme on both answers The answer is far from a simple one.

Because people by nature and like nature are unpredictable so reactions would vary, vastly. The nature of disclosure is the factor.

For every positive side to full disclosure theres also the negative just like human nature. So here im going to focus on the negative.

The following is just a small possible glimpse of what could happen in a Full worldwide disclosure scenario.

If full disclosure ie contact with alien races reciept of their technology and transportation methods etc. The world would demand to know Which governments have contact and are recieving this technology. Goverments that are not in contact would want contact. There is always a dark side to nature its the way the universe works and i’m sure our alien friends have similar traits too, so its best to have just a small number of people and governments know the full extent of the alien visitations for now.

If technology has been obtained, people would demand it be made public . Only a chosen few would be allowed to possess and use their vehicles though, and because of global politics in its current state that would only mean the military, and not all the military because countries that have their technology would try and keep it compartmentalised to a small a faction that could be monitored and supervised as easily as possible.

So just to make things safer for them these military compartments wouldnt be on any public military records, for fear of a rival country obtaining it. So for public safety the transportation methods would never be made fully public at least not in our lifetimes, because if given into the public domain the ability to travel vast distances in short periods would inevitably be used for criminal purposes ie Bank robbers from China rob a bank in France n fly back within minutes undetected. Pirates from somalia would be flying to usa after lunch kidnapping robbing killing people and flying back home in time for supper.

The technology would be virtually impossible to police if leaked into the public domain. So in the long run, Until the whole world is policed under a one world order, until they have the technology to control and can monitor every aspect of society ie everyone is chipped surveilled, the powers that be would do their utmost best to keep the knowledge a secret and deny any knowledge of it in their possession.

Its for the current state of humanity’s own good that we’re not ready for full disclosure yet, Not even close. If knowledge of E.T was made public People who have had family members go missing never to be seen again would start protesting demanding answers from our governments and start blaming all disappearances on the visitors, Disappearances Murders all manners of crimes would be on the increase. Society would either slowly or quickly start to defragment Suddenly to a lot of people a 9 to 5 job wouldnt seem as imporant anymore.

Being told what to do and believe by our governments would seem less tolerable. Religions would fall apart or become more extreme in their nature. A lot of muslims i know believe aliens are djinns, demonic entities And would view the aliens appearance as a sign of the great satan invading earth, Or it may go the opposite way millions of people start losing their faith suddenly realising their whole lives were a lie, civil unrest would break out all over the world, middle eastern countries built on a false religion anyway regardless would collapse and become more of a threat to the rest of us even more so than they are now.

People would demand the technology be used for free energy Oil companies would be on the verge of collapse That theyd pay billions to keep the technology secret for as long as possible And governments would withold the technology so they could make the transition to a newer cleaner cheaper form of energy as smooth as possible Without entire economies and stock markets collapsing.

Millions of people would be overcome by fear of the new arrivals every negative situation would be blamed on aliens every noise in their house garden at night even head would send their imaginations into overload, mental stress and traumas would escalate worldwide. Millions more people would lose their morals seeing the alien visitations as a concrete sign that god doesnt exist giving them full reign to do as they wished with no fear of punishment when they died. Remember this is only a hypotethical scenario if Full disclosure ie contact with and reciept of technology etc etc was made public.

While many of us could handle the news easily and many positive reactions and possibilties would abound globally, this is just a small fraction of the negative reaction that could and most probably would occur around the world.

In the end the government knows proof of alien visitation is inevitable and not that far away. So to lessen the psychological damage on the majority they would leak small bits n pieces slowly into the public domain accustomising people to the possiblity of other races inhabiting our galaxy.

This would all have to be done in tandem with using technology to monitor surveil and control the mass populace and bring the world together as much as possible into a one world government.

Those naysayers to a new world order think again The world has to be brought to together as one voice to move forward onto a universal stage One world religions have to be phased out slowly so as not to harm people. Its the only way for humanity to progress onto the next level of universal conciousness.

No; it would not cause panic.

I'd like to pretty much echo the thoughts of Sakari and Paxus. Furthermore, I think everyone distrusts governments anyway, and expects them to lie; so no surprise here either.

With regard to energy companies collapsing; whoever controls the "free energy generators" might sell energy to those companies who have infrastructure already in place. This will then be on-sold to the consumer. The consumer will still be paying just as much as they always have.

Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.

Maxim 847, Sententiae; Publilius Syrus

SOURCE Edited by Mangoze

Panic & mass hysteria. No doubt about it (ie: "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast by Orson Welles on 30 Oct 1938).

:yes:

If the ETs were hostile I'm sure there would be panic (and rightly so). However, if the Ets were friendly/benign any initial panic would wane and life would eventually just go on.

What if they were "friendly" like this guy?

To%20Serve%20Man%20Cannamite%203.jpg

OMG

'To serve Humankind! - Its a recipe book!' :devil:

So last I asked Paxus hasn't seen that episode Boon! I recommended it highly. Great one btw.