Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The danger of the ouija board

Saru

Children and teenagers who are abused often create and live-in little fantasy worlds. He said it himself: "I liked it", it made him feel better than his abusive drunk father did.

This is a matter of psychology..

literally... lol. >_> He was quite literal through the whole video...

very interesting

CBN.com? Is there a more biased source than The 700 club? A Christian network associating a scrying device with the Devil...how original.

I watched the video with interest and I can say that the guy seemed pretty much sincere.

My own personal beliefs on Demons, (yes I do believe they exist), and the search for something that will empower you especially by the young, leaves me pondering how anyone can be brave or foolish enough to deal with a ouija board, given that it could, if not definitely, affect your whole life and or eternal existence.

Edited by Mistydawn

why is it always the super religious people who get possessed and "touched" by evil in some way? I personally think its because of their own paranoia that makes them more able for stuff like this to happen to them.

Ouija board, it is a toy. The idea isn't to talk to the dead, but to look inside yourself. The mechanism of how the board works is very well known.

Actually, the Ouija board and other "spirit communication" devices have existed for thousands of years. Parker Brothers didn't invent it. It is a tool used by seers in the past and today, and make no mistake, it can be quite dangerous if the proper precautions are not taken. However...I do question pretty much anything the Religious Right has to say. Especially on the 700 club.

Why even bother posting anything from "the 700 Club"??? That's not even reporting, it's all biased. Waste of time.

@Mattshark... yes, the Ouija Board for all intensive purposes is a toy. It was marketed, however for the express purpose of replicating a seance, conversations with the deceased and/or demons,and yes,there r basic scientific principles tbat explain how the planchett moves but, perhaps ppls belief in the paranormal aspect of it, allows it to be used as a portal...

why is it always the super religious people who get possessed and "touched" by evil in some way? I personally think its because of their own paranoia that makes them more able for stuff like this to happen to them.

Or it could just be the way the pendulum swings, like people who are hopelessly in love one minute then absolutely hate all the things inside the other person they previously loved to same degree ...

When I did a ouiji board we were contacted by the likes of Zeus and Hades and Hermes, he was a laugh

Really just them 3 huh? What, Abraxas didn't wanna say hi ya too?

BS

Oh not this fictitious regurgitated nonsense about Ouija boards being ancient artifacts again. Fuld is a hell of a salesman, for not being the one in charge of the board's marketing or production since 1966, or in fact, even alive now - now THAT is some damn good marketing.

Yes there were oracles and other methods for contacting the dead used by "mediums" and other mystics throughout history, and while there is a possibility Ouija might bear some passing resemblance if you stand on your head and close one eye, but to attempt to directly equate even the Ouija's prototype, Wagner's Psychograph, which WAS patented in 1854 to an "ancient method for contacting the dead" (both of which the Psychograph and Ouija were NOT designed or marketed as), is like saying the series of "Twilight" books has been around since the dawn of Man, only rearranged in various combinations, disguised as alphabets in different cultures.

• 3 weeks later...

@ Paranormalcy- While it is true that the board, in it's present form, hasn't been around that long, forms of Sortilege or Cleromancy have existed for many millenia. Bone casting, runes, pendulum magic, lots and lots of cultures used to rely on communication with their deity(s) or spirits for all kinds of reasons. I do believe some of these "doorways", if you can classify them as such, can be very dangerous. Better to be safe than sorry.

Thank you. I'm extremely skeptical of such things. I've been in houses that are supposedly possessed by evil spirits and done everything you're *not* supposed to do, and I've never once had anything happen to me. Not even a creepy feeling for goodness sake. I've played with ouija boards, taunted (quite brutally, I verbally b-slap when I get going), gone in places while I was in sensitive emotional states, and still nada.

And I don't think its necessarily because I'm a non-believer. The whole reason I do it is because I would love to have some kind of proof that such things exist, and I can't think of any better personal evidence than getting thrown across a room by some unseen force (even if no one else me, it'd still be a heck of a personal revelation). . . But, sadly, after a little over a decade of such shenanigans, I haven't managed to get a single drop of evidence. Something could at least slap me or something, geez.

So, my conclusion stems from yours. Why do these things always seem to happen only to certain uber-religious people? I think its a type of religious paranoia, tbh. My dad was demon-paranoid while I was growing up, and I can see how a person in that mindset could create demonic experiences totally from their mind. The human mind is capable of a great many crazy things under normal (relatively speaking) circumstances, so I imagine a person with a certain way of thinking would have a mind capable of even crazier things. :w00t:

• 5 years later...

Ouijja boards are as dangerous as you want them to be. Like anything else and your capacity to control your subconscious and not whore it out like a pinata will determine your ouijja experience. I tend to not use unscientific psych inventions. Especially ones invented under the auspicious exactitude of Milton Bradley.

• Like 1

Just as a FYI Zalmoxis- I don't know if you noticed this, but this thread hasn't been active in over five years.

Oh, and Milton Bradly didn't invent the Ouija board, and it really wasn't invented under auspicious exactitude.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 8:15 AM, rashore said:

Just as a FYI Zalmoxis- I don't know if you noticed this, but this thread hasn't been active in over five years.

Oh, and Milton Bradly didn't invent the Ouija board, and it really wasn't invented under auspicious exactitude.

This thread might be old but the ouijja board is eternal. There's some good topics that went ignored. No bingie.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 8:57 AM, aquatus1 said:

Zalmoxis, you must have radically different experience with pinatas than I did growing up.

Not really, I would say the piñata had the radical experience.

• 6 months later...
On 3/28/2011 at 3:04 AM, Kitana2010 said:

Children and teenagers who are abused often create and live-in little fantasy worlds. He said it himself: "I liked it", it made him feel better than his abusive drunk father did.

This is a matter of psychology..

It is to a point they are more vunerable to the invisible realm and they take advantage of those whom are the most vunerabvle , 

I know this from my own experience, as a teenager and some call it madness, possession, or paraphycoloigy. 

On 4/2/2011 at 0:00 PM, Lava_Lady said:

Why even bother posting anything from "the 700 Club"??? That's not even reporting, it's all biased. Waste of time.

In my book Saru can post anything . He is Unexplained Mysteries,  I think the 700 club is a bit much but the alot of true stories of possesin all stem from these devices called toys ,and  same from my own personal experiences as well. So to me this jut adds to a truth I already know . I thought it was interesting.