Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel while fully awake.

Tia

I don't know really that much about Astral Travel, but have a query is it possible to do if you relax your mind enough while being awake and surrounded by people?

I've found myself heading off a few times like this, but I don't see my body I just feel a pull towards where I'm going and feel it getting closer and the feel and smell it etc.

Is that astral travel or something different. I've never allowed myself to go with it fully I always stop myself.

Yes it is possible. I do it myself while awake. It is a way of communicatin with spirits to. Though with people around you have to find a quiet place to relax enough. Atleast thats my view. I get distracted easily.

• Like 2

Yes it is possible. I do it myself while awake. It is a way of communicatin with spirits to. Though with people around you have to find a quiet place to relax enough. Atleast thats my view. I get distracted easily.

Teach me. Or at least write a tutorial. Would be useful, thx.

• Like 1

The times I've done it are when people are around and I'm so bored so I totally block them out and I'll just focus on something or clearly picture somewhere I've been and feel the pull.

That's why I don't go with it in case I do something freaky lol.

Most astral projection is done from a wakeful state.

Teach me. Or at least write a tutorial. Would be useful, thx.

Hope this helps.

Shamanic Journy / Astrial Projection

Spirit travel has been used for all of human history by shaman, monks, mystics, martial artists, saints, prophets, and spiritual seekers since the beginning of mankind. Most prophacies, encounters with spirits, angles, and higher beings occure in this altered state of conciousness and reality.

Below is a basic guide to acheive spirit travel. These mehods are designed to by pass hours of meditation and spiritual ritual so that you can follow a dayly practice and fit it into your schedule. 

Personal Conditioning

There are some basic things you can add to your lifestyle that will make your more sucessful in your spirit

Travel endevours.

•Extention to others

•Body awareness

•Meditation & Prayer

• Thanks giving

• Control and Elimination of fear

• Physical fittness

• Extention to plants, animals, and the earth

Things you will need

• Journal

• Comfortable quiet place to recline and meditate. 

•Some form of music player if you are going to use auditory aids.

Conditioning the mind

A relaxed, non-anxiouse, calm state of mind is important for spirit travel. Dayly problems and short term memory need to be erased and stored in long term memory so that your mental capacity for new information is clear. This is most naturally done while you sleep. A huge part of your success with spirit travel will depend on if you can get presleep. This is the part of the process that is most often skipped because people mistakenly beleive that projection is a form of sleeping. It's not. It's an altered state that is most easily obtained if your mind is rested. If you just try when you go to bed without presleep you will probably just fall asleep.

Presleep methods

• Late Nap Method

Take a Late nap from about 5pm to about 8. Then make your projection attempt at about 11 or 12.

• 3am method

Go to bed nomally. Wake up at 3am or 4am ( set your alarm). Read something or do something relaxing. Don't read a good book. Something like a magazine. Do this for about half an hour or until you feel grogy. 

Auditory aids

-Some people like to use these. I have had success using them, but honestly headphones are a distracting for me. I do still however listen to them during presleep. Experimentation is best to discover what works for you.

• Shamanic Drumming-- I use these ocasionslly

•Binural beats-- (basically a high tech form of drumming) these work for some people, and sceintific research has shown that they syncronize the hemispheres of the brain. ( I find them a bit souless snd unnatural, but others don't)

•Tibetan meditation music-- I absolutely love to listen during presleep.

•Native American spirit flute--- another that I love to listen to during presleep or meditation in general.

Vibration Induction/meditation

There are many different meditations for this. This is what works best for me.

•Before you start designate a specific place across your room that you will walk to latter. You also should not have a full stomach or a full bladder, nor should you be hungry or thirsty.

• Lay back on your back. There should be a slight recline. You should be warm and comfortable . Put your hands at your side and relax fully.

•Take a few deep breaths and ask the spirits to help you in your efforts.

•Close your eyes and notice the blackness behind your eyes. Look off into the blackness as if it were three dimentional space. Look slightly up.

•You should be able to see nural discharges. ( blueish purple swirling lights) everyone has them. Watch these with solitary focus.

•If any errant thoughts or scenerios start running through your head gently wipe them away and stay with an empty mind.

•If any pictures come into your field of vision, focus intently on them.

•Hold on to your hat!! With practice and a little luck at first, what happens next might blow you away. Your body is going to start vibrating. It feels like a mild electric shock running through your body. It's not painful, but at first it can startle you. You will also begin to hear a massivly Loud noise. It will sound like a jet engine or a water fall. It could have a buzzing quality to it or a wooshing helicopter like sound. These are your exit signs.

•When you have these sensations, it's time to exit..... But not before. Vibrations MUST be there.

•Exit. The two most easy exits are to simply get up as fast as you can or to roll hard to roll off your bed. Upon feeling the vibrations, simply get up or roll out. As if you were doing it physically. Don't worry your physical body should be paralyzed by natural processes. But your spirit body is not. As soon as you get up or roll out. Imeadiatly walk to your designated spot and turn around to see yourself.

When you manage to make your first exit it will probably shock you. This will make your first journey not very long. As you continue to practice you will be able to stay longer and longer. In time you will learn to walk through walls, fly, develop spirit tools, travel Interdimentionally, even speek with spirits.

Remember that every person is a little different. Some people are naturals and it comes very easy. Others may take years of training before their first OBE. Don't be discouraged and allow yourself a regular practice. Also remember that once out learning to operate in spirit is like learning to walk all over again. There are stumbles and dry spells, but every journy you get a little better even if it seems like a set back.

Also remember that the spirit world will mirror what's in your mind. Wipe away any fear, anxiety, or stress before traveling.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know really that much about Astral Travel, but have a query is it possible to do if you relax your mind enough while being awake and surrounded by people?

I've found myself heading off a few times like this, but I don't see my body I just feel a pull towards where I'm going and feel it getting closer and the feel and smell it etc.

Is that astral travel or something different. I've never allowed myself to go with it fully I always stop myself.

Hi Tia. Look, I'm no expert, but I've had experiences with astral travel myself and I think this is what's going on: you have the ability to glimpse/feel the Other Side sometimes, but you'd never be allowed to actually go while you're awake. Your human consciousness has to be "out of the way" (asleep) before you can travel there - so I don't think you have anything to worry about there. I suggest that you say out loud, before you go to sleep at night, that if you do Astral Travel, that you'd like to remember some of it. Apparently, most of us visit the Other Side 2 or 3 times a week. Anyways, you're already remembering some of it, and I think that's pretty neat. Keep us updated if you have any other experiences like that. Good luck!

•Hold on to your hat!! With practice and a little luck at first, what happens next might blow you away. Your body is going to start vibrating. It feels like a mild electric shock running through your body. It's not painful, but at first it can startle you. You will also begin to hear a massivly Loud noise. It will sound like a jet engine or a water fall. It could have a buzzing quality to it or a wooshing helicopter like sound. These are your exit signs.

Once I've reached that stage I can't do anymore and I can't go further. I will have a go at this technique.

• 3 weeks later...

i have trouble recalling it all when im "back"

Once I've reached that stage I can't do anymore and I can't go further. I will have a go at this technique.

Focus on your exit at vibrations. So many people seem to miss this. They just lay there imagining ropes and such. I recomend trying to roll out or physically jump out of bed. You may be surprised to find that you actually do it in spirit.

i have trouble recalling it all when im "back"

Journal journal journal journal!!!!!

• 1 year later...

I haven't fully expirienced Astral Projection because I still have to practice not being afraid, so I'm a newbie at this! All I know is that this way works best for me. When you are ready to go to bed and your laying down you have to keep your mine clear of thought, usually imagine a white wall. Then, after your relaxed, get into a comfortable postiton and stay still without moving. This step is important! You musn't move a finger, and after a while your body will go numb and start vibrating. You also have to keep your mind blank, but not so that you will fall asleep. Then you sipirit will start levitating from your body and that is so far the step I managed to get to without jumping back in. I tried doing this technique for lucid dreaming but instead I ended in almost Astral projetion. I am not sure it will work for you, since everyone is different but I hope this is helpful!

When we Day Dream we are Traveling Spiritual to another Time, and Place.

When we Day Dream we are Traveling Spiritual to another Time, and Place.

Day dreams are not a spirit journey. Huge groups of new agers and pseudo shaman think that they are taking the journey by visualizing things. I'm not one for dogmas, so they can go right ahead and believe what they want, unfortunately they miss out on the real deal.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I have been Astral Traveling fully consciously for over two years now. It took a time to get accustomed to it, but it was natural after a while. I was assisted by many beings. I had my first out of body experience when I was 13, and was distracted from it until 2011.

I've had over one hundred fully conscious astral or higher experiences, and many semi conscious drew states etc. I've had at least three times where I transitioned from waking to out of body without a "break" in awareness, that I can recall right now. Most others have been such where i just found myself awake in this non physical experience. I only experienced the vibrations and sounds occasionally, most distinctly when i was 13. i have never seen a chord. i have had astral experiences that are in the "real time zone" where it mirrors the physical world, but most of them were in planes of thought other than that. I have learned many things from these about the nature of Reality and human consciousness (and slightly beyond). It is slight, I realize that now, very close to still being a human experience- for the most part.

There is much more that we can access but cannot directly take back with us as a thought memory, here on the ground, due to its super high vibration, the experience becomes, when condensed to regular physical body thoughts, but a glimmer of an outline of an invisible feeling of an experience. I have learned a method for retaining some of the insights or Experience when coming back down. That is, when stepping down the stages of density, higher dimensional, down to "astral" I will repeat sentences or words in the "astral" of what just happened of what I will remember, then as I come back very close to my body (where I become more fully aware of being in my body in the bed) I hold those feelings until thoughts come back to me of the experience (by this time I usually have little actual memory of the higher dimensional experience, and the astral experiences begin to jumble ), then I repeat that in my mind- go over it twice or more, then immediately write it down or speak it into a voice recording. Both do different things. Writing I can abstract a little bit better with drawings, voice recording I can stream of thought easier. This stepping down process condenses the high vibrations into vibrations that are easier to grasp by the human mind as sentences or images. Images and feelings are usually how I remember them.

I have some insights from these many different experiences I've had:

1. It takes time to really come into understanding of who you really are. We always are our higher self (in contrast with the ego) but it takes time, practice, and diligence to become aware of that Truth. Astral experiences have definitely helped me along this path.

2. It is a self-imposed requirement to do the appropriate, individual growth processes. These cannot be generalized so Ill leave it at that.

3. It is still necessary to function in the physical world effectively, this is not an escape mechanism- but can be used like that- the physical world will ultimately need to be tended to. From the garden you reap what you sow.

4. It is highly advised to control your mind throughout your typical physical daily life as practice for astral travel. Your mental and emotional state do affect the levels of clarity as you travel, and these are constantly created and held within your subconscious and superconscious minds. This will also really improve day to day life.

5. It takes practice. What is practice? Holding the strong intention to do it, consistently. Not being discouraged if you do not have an astral experience that time.

6. From my personal experiences MORE times that not, I have entered a fully conscious astral experience AFTER I slip off through that moment of complete stillness (where it seems like you 'don't remember' you actually just go completely beyond the mind and physical into the eternal Godhead for rejuvenation)

I HAVE exited from the body without a break in stream of consciousness, and it was awesome but it is not something that you can force with your mind. One can also be in a 'dream' and become more fully conscious and exit that way.

7. Have a plan, what do you want to do? Your thoughts and feelings will manifest eventually (which is why it is important to have done the processing work) so having a good plan and a strong worthwhile intention to experience is key to having a satisfying astral experience. This is true about life too.

8. Keeping a journal is also key to remembering and experiencing these. In a week or a month or a year you can look back and be very glad and satisfied at your progress. You might even gain new insights from things you wrote down.

9. This is a wonderful journey! And I usually have at least one or two experiences every week. They happen much stronger when I actively choose to have more. I just know they will come and i stopped worrying if they will or won't. And they do.

10. One more thing: when I am having a series of journeys in the same night I will be aware of physical sensations as well, and briefly pop back in. I can usually just focus on the space I was just in and I will return. The "roll out" sensation has happened too. So the series might be 3-4-5 astral travels sectioned by a brief visit back into my body in between.

Hope this helps and I'm sure many of you already have a sense of mastery over this material, but can't seem to actualize it. This is because you have already done this many many times, but forgot to do something on your personal journey that needs your attention more than this. It is actually the more pressing matter at this time, so listen to your self, you'll know what and when to do. This won't go away I promise.

• Like 1

I have been Astral Traveling fully consciously for over two years now. It took a time to get accustomed to it, but it was natural after a while. I was assisted by many beings. I had my first out of body experience when I was 13, and was distracted from it until 2011.

I've had over one hundred fully conscious astral or higher experiences, and many semi conscious drew states etc. I've had at least three times where I transitioned from waking to out of body without a "break" in awareness, that I can recall right now. Most others have been such where i just found myself awake in this non physical experience. I only experienced the vibrations and sounds occasionally, most distinctly when i was 13. i have never seen a chord. i have had astral experiences that are in the "real time zone" where it mirrors the physical world, but most of them were in planes of thought other than that. I have learned many things from these about the nature of Reality and human consciousness (and slightly beyond). It is slight, I realize that now, very close to still being a human experience- for the most part.

There is much more that we can access but cannot directly take back with us as a thought memory, here on the ground, due to its super high vibration, the experience becomes, when condensed to regular physical body thoughts, but a glimmer of an outline of an invisible feeling of an experience. I have learned a method for retaining some of the insights or Experience when coming back down. That is, when stepping down the stages of density, higher dimensional, down to "astral" I will repeat sentences or words in the "astral" of what just happened of what I will remember, then as I come back very close to my body (where I become more fully aware of being in my body in the bed) I hold those feelings until thoughts come back to me of the experience (by this time I usually have little actual memory of the higher dimensional experience, and the astral experiences begin to jumble ), then I repeat that in my mind- go over it twice or more, then immediately write it down or speak it into a voice recording. Both do different things. Writing I can abstract a little bit better with drawings, voice recording I can stream of thought easier. This stepping down process condenses the high vibrations into vibrations that are easier to grasp by the human mind as sentences or images. Images and feelings are usually how I remember them.

I have some insights from these many different experiences I've had:

1. It takes time to really come into understanding of who you really are. We always are our higher self (in contrast with the ego) but it takes time, practice, and diligence to become aware of that Truth. Astral experiences have definitely helped me along this path.

2. It is a self-imposed requirement to do the appropriate, individual growth processes. These cannot be generalized so Ill leave it at that.

3. It is still necessary to function in the physical world effectively, this is not an escape mechanism- but can be used like that- the physical world will ultimately need to be tended to. From the garden you reap what you sow.

4. It is highly advised to control your mind throughout your typical physical daily life as practice for astral travel. Your mental and emotional state do affect the levels of clarity as you travel, and these are constantly created and held within your subconscious and superconscious minds. This will also really improve day to day life.

5. It takes practice. What is practice? Holding the strong intention to do it, consistently. Not being discouraged if you do not have an astral experience that time.

6. From my personal experiences MORE times that not, I have entered a fully conscious astral experience AFTER I slip off through that moment of complete stillness (where it seems like you 'don't remember' you actually just go completely beyond the mind and physical into the eternal Godhead for rejuvenation)

I HAVE exited from the body without a break in stream of consciousness, and it was awesome but it is not something that you can force with your mind. One can also be in a 'dream' and become more fully conscious and exit that way.

7. Have a plan, what do you want to do? Your thoughts and feelings will manifest eventually (which is why it is important to have done the processing work) so having a good plan and a strong worthwhile intention to experience is key to having a satisfying astral experience. This is true about life too.

8. Keeping a journal is also key to remembering and experiencing these. In a week or a month or a year you can look back and be very glad and satisfied at your progress. You might even gain new insights from things you wrote down.

9. This is a wonderful journey! And I usually have at least one or two experiences every week. They happen much stronger when I actively choose to have more. I just know they will come and i stopped worrying if they will or won't. And they do.

10. One more thing: when I am having a series of journeys in the same night I will be aware of physical sensations as well, and briefly pop back in. I can usually just focus on the space I was just in and I will return. The "roll out" sensation has happened too. So the series might be 3-4-5 astral travels sectioned by a brief visit back into my body in between.

Hope this helps and I'm sure many of you already have a sense of mastery over this material, but can't seem to actualize it. This is because you have already done this many many times, but forgot to do something on your personal journey that needs your attention more than this. It is actually the more pressing matter at this time, so listen to your self, you'll know what and when to do. This won't go away I promise.

Welcome to UM light post I'm sure your experience will help many here thanks for your post. You should participate in the FAQ thread.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Can you guys explain how I did this?

So, I prepared to go home from school, because classes were over. Then, I don't even know how, but I felt a weird feeling in my stomach, and then halfway exiting my normal body, I turned around, and saw myself unconscious. After that, I woke up like nothing happened.

Do you guys know about spontaneous astral travels? Because this is really weird.

• 9 months later...

Listen, i don't know much about any of this but I saw myself and everyone/everything around me in perfect detail multiple times while awake and moving. Unfortunately i don't know how i did this (I am trying to figure it out) but yes: it is completely possible to do astral projection while fully awake, moving and so forth. It feels strange though and it's extremely quick, you'll lose your own POV for a few seconds (point of view) and see yourself from somewhere else (like in third person) and then after, lets say five seconds, you'll lose that sight and see everything from your body again (yes, it is quite disorienting but nothing major).

I often meditate and can enter a state somewhat similar to dreaming where I leave me body and visit 'places'.  I believe this is what others call 'Astral Travel' but it is really just allowing your subconscious to take control whilst you are still consciously aware of it.  It happens naturally every night when you sleep but you can be trained to experience it when waking (some people appear to be able to do it without training).  It's a very relaxing and refreshing experience but I wouldn't attach too much significance to it.

• Like 1

I have been trying to do this for months and nothing. I still get the traditional AP during the half awake half asleep method, but have not been able at all to do it just through fully awake meditation. I will keep trying though. Anything worth doing, is worth working towards.

Tia, there is a book called The Eagle and the Rose by Rosemary Altea who describes this happening to her early in her life . I have not had such an experience in a room filled with others myself, but I have had dreams that took me on what I would call...astral  journeys. It is possible you have latent mediumistic talents.

i just joined this forum to post this.  About a half hour ago I astral traveled unintentionally.  I visited the person i love most and she could feel i was there, but when i tried to communicate she couldn't understand anything.  I made my "self" smaller and I think i made certain neurons connect in her brain, I did this until my physical body was very close to death, I think, it was shaking and twitching.  I left her brain and became her size.  She seemed to have a thought and I watched her get up from her desk and begin to meditate, I think to reach me.  She got out of her body, and our souls became a single soul.  The strangest part was that once we combined we both remembered being this way before.  As if we started out this way and split into two, so crazy to feel both parts remember this as one.  I got out of my body by going to this room and tried to go back to it in this new state, but as I approached we split in two and her half told me we split into two initially because her half intrinsically cannot go there.  having just come from that room and knowing what was inside I felt it made no sense to continue being separate.  we as one again, visited my body, and then her body, and then somehow we perceived the two in the same room, like half of each room was combined.  Now it gets a bit weird, but both of our "selves" got up and made love.  and then in the end ; ) the combined soul entered the fertilized egg.  I think this last portion was like a vision or something along those lines, since obviously this didn't happen in physical reality.  After that we kinda just skipped around the universe and it was pleasant, but I started to feel my body getting tense and it's like my autonomic nervous system took over and I was back in my body.  I vibrated from my bones out for the last half an hour.  I guess I just don't know.  I didn't do this on purpose.  I've never attempted astral travel or even truly believed in it.  But now I feel like I know where the above mentioned "room" is and if I go back I can get out again.  but.  i don't know it's a lot to process. my head hurts a little now.

• 1 year later...

Exactly was you described happens to me when I am relaxed and centered. The first time it happened I was walking to a friend with a glass of water and I felt this vibrational wave come over me saw multi color lights and it just took over me. I was so terrified it caused my body to have a massive seizure (so I am told...apparently I wasn't breathing and was turning blue)Of course the hospital had no clue and wrote it off as a panick attack (btw, I felt no pain although reintering,my body was sore from its seizure. They gave me valium to calm myself down when this feeling happens.   

Now, ever more frequently when I am relaxed (especially laying down) i hear a very loud constant frequency ringing and feel myself being pulled out of my body....they only gave me so many valium. I have been out for a while now and the occurence is happening more and more frequently. 

Thankfully, I have gained the control to stop it and not panic but rather stay calm and feel the energy. It is very intense. I am still too afraid to go further than that without knowing more about it. I need guidance on controlling this be cause I can relax and do it while doing anything. I am on this site to see of anyone has this going on and can control it anymore than myself. 

Thanks

I had spontaneous astral events when I was a child, but only when I was getting ready for sleep.  I later learned to control it and then there was no spontaneous events.  I have never been relaxed enough to leave my body while I am walking, talking or doing something.  I suspect something else is going on and you need to insist your doctors do more tests.  You have to prove it is not a physical condition before you can explore the non-physical, paranormal line of inquiry.  Since you did have a seizure there could be something else going on.