Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

12 year old genius?

Robbie333

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danielost

• FlyingAngel

• Robbie333

• jaguarsky

There's a comment on the article web page that made me pause for thought, and chuckle.

"Is it possible this kid is normal and the rest of us are retarded?"

I heard this kid says he can mathmatically disprove (or provide enough evidence to discredit) the Big Bang theory. Wow, what have our theoretical scientists been doing for the last 20 years?

You know what I would say to him if we met today?

Hey Kid, so you proved the big bang theory is wrong, So what! I bet you cannot cure cancer or aids before you're 18!

To be continued...

Seriously though, we need these sort of super minds to put there IQ's towards more pressing matters like desease, famine & enviromental issues.

You wanna talk numbers, let's start with 170. This is not an overly flattering IQ by any means. Certainly high enough for industry standards, but let's keep in mind this 12 year old just put entire sciences on blast. But even that I find laudable, however unsubstantiated. For far too long people have held Einstein's work on this inscrutable pedestal, as though no one might ever think beyond him, but merely expand on that which he has already pioneered. But as far as IQ is concerned, he's actually well above Einstein in that regard. Either way, I hope he makes something of these claims. A fresh face could go a long way, let's hope he doesn't turn out another Brian Greene.

He'll figure it out. This kid is simply looking for a challenge, but what he really needs is to meet someone smarter than him. And I'm not just patronizing because I'm older, my IQ is 186 with a deviation of no more than half a point.

Maybe mom and dad could use a life tutor? I'd be happy to oblige.

You know what I would say to him if we met today?

Hey Kid, so you proved the big bang theory is wrong, So what! I bet you cannot cure cancer or aids before you're 18!

To be continued...

Seriously though, we need these sort of super minds to put there IQ's towards more pressing matters like desease, famine & enviromental issues.

+1

And people concentrate too much time, effort and money such as Big Bang, IPhone, IPad, etc... when the biggest rival here is environment disaster, famine, energy.

I can live one month, one year without knowing the big bang, without using IPhone, but I can't live a week without energy and foods.

I heard this kid says he can mathmatically disprove (or provide enough evidence to discredit) the Big Bang theory. Wow, what have our theoretical scientists been doing for the last 20 years?

Is that really all it takes for you discard the careers of so many thousands of men and women? An unsubstantiated claim from a 12 year old?

This kid is obviously very intelligent and he also seems to be very likeable, so I'm sure that with the right guidance he's capable of going very far - but he's not yet ready to overturn decades of solid research.

I recently saw a YouTube video in which Jacob described his interpretation of the Big Bang theory and the reasons why it cannot work. It's great to see a young mind discussing these things at all, but unfortunately he was way off the mark, as the entire basis for his discussion was a small collection of grave assumptions; some of which were just not quite right, and others which were flat out wrong.

I found the link to the video to share it with you so that I could explain some of his inaccuracies, but the video has now been removed from YouTube; perhaps due to the comments section becoming heated after the account owner (his mother) persistently deleted every comment that contained detailed explanations of the Big Bang theory and why Jacob's current ideas are not relevant to the field today.

This is why I stressed that he needs the right guidance. If his mother shelters him from these inconvenient truths then she's going to severely inhibit his ability to grow and to learn. There's no shame in being mistaken about something - a great mind is one that's learnt how to identify it's mistakes, to pick up the pieces and then figure out which way to move forward.

This is why I stressed that he needs the right guidance. If his mother shelters him from these inconvenient truths then she's going to severely inhibit his ability to grow and to learn. There's no shame in being mistaken about something - a great mind is one that's learnt how to identify it's mistakes, to pick up the pieces and then figure out which way to move forward.

I'm also hoping he gets the right guidance. Growing up on a different level from your peers can't be easy on a young mind.

Well, like some one said here... Maybe he should use is IQ to solves ''urgent'' and more down to earth problems here. I love astrophysics,i love to watch Kaku's and even more Sagan's documentaries on the subject and all... but when you think of it what is the point to think to much about Hyperspace and Other dimensions, when we risk the hardest time in history whit all the diseases and human carnage going over industrialization and money.

Like Maybe he should follow Nikola Tesla and continue his work for ''free'' and clean energy to finally give us an alternative to oil and cure cancer lol...

it's my opinion.

Edited by Asgaard

I think there are some scientists that think the same way but were/are to afraid to come out and say so.

Maybe a 12 year old thinking outside the box, will help other scientists express alternative views and not worry about his/her job, career, money etc.

Probably not though...

:innocent:

+1

And people concentrate too much time, effort and money such as Big Bang, IPhone, IPad, etc... when the biggest rival here is environment disaster, famine, energy.

I can live one month, one year without knowing the big bang, without using IPhone, but I can't live a week without energy and foods.

You're right, the economic situation is very grim. All the more reason to choose our battles wisely. There are many programmes that are overfunded, astronomical research is not one of them.

By the end of this year, the combined cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars to the U.S. taxpayer since 2001 is slated to reach $1,300,000,000,000 (1.3 trillion). In the same time, NASA has received just $173,000,000,000 (173 billion). That means if it weren't for Iraq + Afghanistan, the entirety of NASA could be funded more than seven times over for ten years.

Now guess which programme has the greatest return of investment, innovates our technological sector and improves quality of life, and which is a self-propagating money sink with no discernible benefit?

Edited by Raptor

There's a comment on the article web page that made me pause for thought, and chuckle.

"Is it possible this kid is normal and the rest of us are retarded?"

maybe everyone is retarded. i think everyone is crazy, if we werent we would all like the samethings and that would be crazy.

You're right, the economic situation is very grim. All the more reason to choose our battles wisely. There are many programmes that are overfunded, astronomical research is not one of them.

By the end of this year, the combined cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars to the U.S. taxpayer since 2001 is slated to reach $1,300,000,000,000 (1.3 trillion). In the same time, NASA has received just $173,000,000,000 (173 billion). That means if it weren't for Iraq + Afghanistan, the entirety of NASA could be funded more than seven times over for ten years.

Now guess which programme has the greatest return of investment, innovates our technological sector and improves quality of life, and which is a self-propagating money sink with no discernible benefit?

guess which programme the left wants to get rid of more than the other due to it doing nothing but wasting money.

Well, like some one said here... Maybe he should use is IQ to solves ''urgent'' and more down to earth problems here. I love astrophysics,i love to watch Kaku's and even more Sagan's documentaries on the subject and all... but when you think of it what is the point to think to much about Hyperspace and Other dimensions, when we risk the hardest time in history whit all the diseases and human carnage going over industrialization and money.

Like Maybe he should follow Nikola Tesla and continue his work for ''free'' and clean energy to finally give us an alternative to oil and cure cancer lol...

it's my opinion.

Boink !!! Thanks for the knock in the head. You are so right. Use that brain to solve problems such as HIV, Hunger, a new fuel source and the list goes on. It would be great to begin a " Think Tank " with more of these brains and let them at least attempt to work out some of these problems.:tu:

imagination beat's the boundary

Boink !!! Thanks for the knock in the head. You are so right. Use that brain to solve problems such as HIV, Hunger, a new fuel source and the list goes on. It would be great to begin a " Think Tank " with more of these brains and let them at least attempt to work out some of these problems.:tu:

i can solve hunger in a year. all we need to do is build ports and roads.

by the way for those of you who don't know, the theory of relativity doesn't work because it breaks at the speed of light.

Edited by danielost

i can solve hunger in a year. all we need to do is build ports and roads.

You have that right. The only thing holding us back from getting the food to the starving is money. No one is going to make a handful of money building roads and ports. The human race makes me so angry.

Seriously? He's 12. He probably is sheltered and doesn't know about world hunger and aids yet. Geez people. I don't see any of you claiming to be able to disprove the big bang theory, which is all it is, a theory... maybe it happened a different way. The scientific world has been taking that as fact for way too long. I'm not saying it didn't. I'm saying we don't know. Why not keep the book open? And why do we still know more about space than our own oceans? Someone needs to get on that... probably a cure for aids down there.

This kid is right on. The big bang theory is ridiculous. I have an IQ of 120 and I knew it was a nutty idea the first time I read the details about it. It just goes to show that, for the last 100 years, people have lost the ability to think for themselves as they build myth upon myth. That being said, I agree with the people who would rather see research done on solving more urgent problems, such as clean water and energy. Brains without real purpose is a waste.

This kid is right on. The big bang theory is ridiculous. I have an IQ of 120 and I knew it was a nutty idea the first time I read the details about it. It just goes to show that, for the last 100 years, people have lost the ability to think for themselves as they build myth upon myth. That being said, I agree with the people who would rather see research done on solving more urgent problems, such as clean water and energy. Brains without real purpose is a waste.

you want clean water, take the salt out of sea water. energy build nuke plants, we do know how to keep them from melting down.

First puberty, then maybe the cure for aids. Just tell the teenage kid, you can have uprotected sex all you want IF you cure aids.

by the way for those of you who don't know, the theory of relativity doesn't work because it breaks at the speed of light.

wow that is so wrong. can you even substantiate that?

wow! thanks for disproving the big bang. you used so much evidence. oh wait, all you said is that it is ridiculous. please back up your claims. and dont use the testimony of a 12-year-old as evidence that big bang is incorrect